PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya VS Jomtien good & not so good

jaydonny
October 26th, 2011, 04:19
Hi ive bookd my flight for my weeks stay in Thailand in December and tring to sort out in my mind whare i should stay....

iam not into gogo bars or even host bars realy, i just want to go on a gay bar crawl and have the choice to go to see a show and may be a club

i would put faith into finding company on such has gayromeo...

so whats the good and not so good about staying in either area ?

cheers jay.

Dboy
November 2nd, 2011, 23:52
If it's your first time, I highly recommend staying "in town" Pattaya rather than Jomtien. More choices in every category staying in Pattaya. Can easily do Jomtien as day-trips (10-15 minute baht bus ride from Pattaya) if you want to do the beach thing. Likely the majority of your time (as a first timer) will be spent in Pattaya..so better to be based from there.

Dboy

jaydonny
November 3rd, 2011, 05:54
thanx Dboy

useing gayromeo do you think it would be more of an advantage too staying in pattaya

netrix
November 3rd, 2011, 11:16
there's more shopping, night life, and everything any city of half a million
people has to offer in pattaya vs. down the road in jomtien. but it's only
a few minutes away.

as far as what kind of place to stay, on this forum you'll get mostly people
telling you to stay in gay managed bed and breakfast type places. so
before that bullshit happens, why don't you tell us what your budget is
and what type of hotel you're used to staying at? pattaya has hotels of
every kind and every budget, and 99.99% of them are "gay-friendly."

jaydonny
November 3rd, 2011, 20:42
netrix

ive decided to stay in pattaya now as i think ide preffer a more buisier place, as i still like a good bar crawl (and butterfly)

i stayd in lek hotel about 6 years ago with bf...

last year i stayd at sansuk (nice place, too much hassle for me getting around)

iam bookd into a boyztown hotel now, 1100 bhat +7%

So would i get a better deal in a hotel with in 5 minute walk from boyztown

a pool and sauna would be a bonus i think

thrillbill
November 3rd, 2011, 21:33
I do not know what hotel to suggest with a pool except the 5 star ones but staying within walking distance of Boystown would at eliminate one baht bus hop like you have to do to the gay beach section in Jomtien. Most of the "commercial boys" in Pattaya live in South Pattaya near Tuk Com. Meeting guys on Gay Romeo is a "hit and miss". Most of them are money boys and may have fake pics or old pics on their sights. It is best to ask which pic is the most recent or when it was taken (if they understand your written English). If you are into the skinny, young type - you'll find them on GR and in the go-go bars. (At least in the go-go bars you know what you are really getting and...no monkey business.) Enjoy.