PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Travel - to/from BKK -flooding reports

arsenal
October 25th, 2011, 11:11
It seems that whenever I am booked to come to Thailand there is always some threat that will either disrupt, or force me to cancel my trip. First there was the 2006 coup, then there was the panic over swine flu, then there was snow that closed the UK airports, then there was the ash cloud that closed Europes airports and now there is the Thailand flood. So far none of these has actually forced me to cancel.
Can anyone tell me what they are hearing about the journey from the airport to Pattaya, is it taking an eternity to get there.

travelerjim
October 25th, 2011, 11:29
No problems from BKK to Pattaya...
however, avoid old BKK Don Muang airport...
area is flooding, although still flying from there somehow.

The new BKK airport is OK at this time, although it was
built on swampland and sinking.

Officials say NO problems...
that the flood retaining walls surrounding the new airport will prevent its flooding.

Take that advice at your risk...TIT!

I say "come on over to Pattaya"
Enjoy!
tj

joba
October 25th, 2011, 14:23
Looking to travel from BKK airport to Pattaya by car. Any update on the road conditions? Delays? Water? Any standing
water a problem in Sunee or around? Hey, thanks for the input.

travelerjim
October 25th, 2011, 16:12
Looking to travel from BKK airport to Pattaya by car. Any update on the road conditions? Delays? Water? Any standing
water a problem in Sunee or around? Hey, thanks for the input.

NO problems getting from new BKK airport to Pattaya.

The old Don Muang airport is flooded and now closed to all flights.

Come on down,
NO flooding in Pattaya areas, other than when occassional, daily thunderstorm passes...
enjoy Pattaya :-)

tj

pong
October 25th, 2011, 19:00
Can anyone tell me what they are hearing about the journey from the airport to Pattaya, is it taking an eternity to get there.
IF you are that hurried to reach that fleshpot, then you will be using taxi? Relax man....those drivers have a special channel for the latest news about all that. With panick-news ALWAYS carefully check what it is about-there is more as 1 road to reach fleshpot by the sea.
More panicking might be that some report now that all of Pattaya is booked solid by BKKians escaping town and heading for the closest by garanteed dry place, thus filling most rooms. But no idea how true that is.

pong
October 25th, 2011, 20:36
Various news reports tell, that as many BKK-people are fleeing from their flood-threatened city, they also take up many rooms in Pattaya, the closest-by town with an ample supply of rooms and dry. As so many of you say living there- is this right and does it have an impact on local places (I do not assume these people will flock especially to Pattaya's gay bars or places)? or you live just in your home/apartmt and have no idea about what happens elsewhere?

arsenal
October 25th, 2011, 21:12
My post was merged with another one, very surreal. However what has irritated me is that the thankyou post I made to travelerjim and pong for their answers was deleted. Whoever did it please be a little more careful in future what you delete if you are going to make a habit of merging posts. So once again. I offer my thanks to the two mentioned above.

Mod; Can we expect a lot of this sort of thing?

If it was deleted, I apologize as I thought I checked every post to be merged. The problem was that we had 4 threads running with various flood information. Some with titles that made no connection to the flood but yet were important to same. It needed to be stored within 2 threads so that people of BKK could find their information and people trvaelling to Pattaya could find thiers. Again I apologize if a post got lost as that was not my intention, however I would like to plead with some of you to try and keep your flood information in certain threads and not keep opening up new threads just to ask a single question.

I just checked the mod history and I show no posts deleted.

martin911
October 26th, 2011, 01:02
Ok anybody with any first hand knoledge of travel from Bkk airport to pattaya ????

Neal
October 26th, 2011, 01:19
In the interest of disseminating information, this thread has been stickied to the top and all relevant posts have been transferred to it.
This thread is to contain only information on flights to and from Suvarnabhumi airport and travel to and from Pattaya.
Unfortunately there have been too many threads opened with questions here and there regarding the same areas and it is difficult to find all the information. So please, this thread airport info and travel to and from Pattaya only. BKK info look at the sticky for Airport to and from BKK.
Anyone else want to open a thread for travel to and from their areas, please go ahead and do so. All the more information, the better our members are kept informed!

Nabaat
October 26th, 2011, 09:35
Pataya to Bangkok Airport: Just came back this morning, same as always. 1 hr 15 mins. :happy7:

jinks
October 26th, 2011, 18:02
FROM BANGKOK AIRWAYS:-

Dear Passengers,

Due to the flooding crisis currently impacting vast areas of Thailand, Bangkok Airways is committed to minimizing inconvenience for all concerned. For passengers holding Bangkok Airways (PG) ticket (ticket number start with 829) traveling to/from any destination within Thailand operated by Bangkok Airways;

Rebooking from the original traveling date between 14 October and 15 November 2011 could be done under the same Passenger Name Record and same booking class. The new booking must be traveling on/before 15 December 2011. Upgrade to a higher booking class is permitted with charge of differential fare and without any fee.
Unused ticket and Non-Refundable ticket issued by PG, or booked through http://www.bangkokair.com or issued by agents can be fully refunded
Remark : In order to receive prompt assistance, contact should be made at the original point of sale and/or where the tickets were issued.

If tickets were purchased through a travel agency, please make contact with the facilitating agent.
If tickets were purchased directly through Bangkok Airways reservation center or online reservations (http://www.bangkokair.com), please contact 1771 (26 October 2011 07:30 - 20:00, 08:00 - 17:30 Weekdays, 08:00 - 17:30 Weekends) or reservation@bangkokair.com.
Pleased be advised that delay may be experienced when contacting Bangkok Airways for assistance with booking changes and/or refunds. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.

For further updates, please visit http://www.bangkokair.com

Yours faithfully,
Bangkok Airways Co., Ltd.

2nd MAIL :-

October 26, 2011

Dear Passengers,

During the current flooding situation in Bangkok and boundary areas, Bangkok Airways put its utmost effort to serve its valued customers. We would like to announce that from 26 тАУ 31 October 2011, Bangkok Airways Call Centre has temporarily adjusted its hours of operation;

Bangkok Airways Ticketing and Reservation Centre: Daily 8:00 - 17:30 hrs. Bangkok local time, GMT+7 or Email to reservation@bangkokair.com
FlyerBonus Call Centre: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 16:00 hrs. Bangkok local time, GMT+7, except Thai public holidays. Please note that you may please submit your request through our website, http://www.flyerbonus.com We will respond to you as quickly as possible.
We apologise for your inconveniences.

Yours truly,
Bangkok Airways Co., Ltd.

pong
October 28th, 2011, 09:38
Ok anybody with any first hand knoledge of travel from Bkk airport to pattaya ????
with the current situation THINK before you post and waste time-tell for when-for next week noone is able to tell. As for yester+today: all as it always was. Buses from Ekamai were only half-full, so the exodus seems also to have -partly-stopped.

martin911
October 28th, 2011, 14:02
with the current situation THINK before you post and waste time-tell for when-for next week noone is able to tell. As for yester+today: all as it always was. Buses from Ekamai were only half-full, so the exodus seems also to have -partly-stopped.

<mabye you also should Think a little before you write !! - prehaps not the clearest report !!
Am i to decipher that you both yesterday and today has travelled that route that i have reffered to above ???

Because with the water making inroads as it seems to be info from yest is redundant --

I am not there at the moment having postponed my flight back ,but a friend(today fri afternoon ) is on the way back to pattaya from singapore ,so as soon as i hear from him il post this info up !!

Dani69
November 7th, 2011, 01:32
No problems at all from New Airport to Pattaya FACT

November 7th, 2011, 10:27
It seems that whenever I am booked to come to Thailand there is always some threat that will either disrupt, or force me to cancel my trip. First there was the 2006 coup, then there was the panic over swine flu, then there was snow that closed the UK airports, then there was the ash cloud that closed Europes airports and now there is the Thailand flood. So far none of these has actually forced me to cancel.

So, it's you to blame for all the disasters. Don't you ever try to book again! :wav: