PDA

View Full Version : Why is music so loud at Gogo bars???

October 23rd, 2011, 16:54
Last night I went to one of the gogo bars I enjoy. Good mix of dancers, good wait staff, reasonable drink prices, etc.

Last night this bar was full due to a special event. Good for the bar owner and his staff. BUT>>>>>

The music was way too loud. Several customers simply got up and left saying they'd never come back. The owner was told this and even sent his manager to "ask" the dj to lower the music level. It might have been lowered but not by much.

The owner even apologized before the event started saying that he had a new sound system that cost over 130,000 and his dj was just getting use to it. True I am sure, but the customer sitting next to me yelled out, "Didn't the new system come with a volume switch???" A comment many of us thought was spot on.

Several more of my friends even though they stayed for part of the event, vowed never to visit this bar again!

I know this is not the norm for this bar. But for many others, I have heard customers say they will not go to a bar because the music is too loud.

Why don't owners listen to their customers?? Have you ever heard a friend say, "I won't go to that bar because the music is too soft."?????

paperboy
October 23rd, 2011, 17:14
for god sake
why dont you plug your ears then :sign5:
Do you not rememebr when you were young????

October 23rd, 2011, 17:17
for god sake
probably not .. it was a long time ago .. haha but i do agree a little if the people in there are of the older persusion then maybe its best not to have it so loud .. i said maybe its best not to have it so loud .. i said maybe its best ....................................

TOQ
October 23rd, 2011, 17:22
for god sake

Yes, I remember when I was young but that has nothing to do with it.. The customers in gogo bars are not, for the most part, young. Its the older customers that are supporting the bars and spending the baht. So that argument just does not work. None of the gogo bars that im aware of are discos where people dance. They sure dont dance at gogos. They just stand there , hence again, why so loud. If heard managers and mamasons say the boys like it that loud. Well if they do , give them my check bin.

john

October 23rd, 2011, 17:33
Pattaya Male may simply be a whingeing pensioner with a recruitment problem (and I don't mean hiring gogo boys!) - but he has a valid point:

If I have a bar full of raging alcoholics, I don't serve them tea.
If I have a bar full of mincing queens, I don't put gogo girls on the stage.
Ergo:
If I have a bar full of senior citizens, I don't bang the volume up to the level that a 16yo would like it at.

The problem with the majority of bars I stumble into these days, is that the volume and genre of the music is not played for the benefit of the customer, it is played for the benefit of the staff and/or proprietor

Picture it (as Sophia would have said) - 2004, Manchester Airport at 4am (after a 4 hour drive) to catch a 7am flight.
Three of us go into a bar for breakfast (beer).
The bar is devoid of customers except us - in fact the number of staff (average age 20) matches the number of customers.
Heavy metal music is playing extremely loudly - did I mention it was 4am?
After a few minutes, the largest of us goes up to the bar and asks the spotty youth who wears a badge to indicate he's the manager "Could you turn the music down, we can't even have a conversation, and we're the only people here anyway"
Reply was "No, WE like it!"

And that, I'm afraid, indicates the lack of thought with which management and staff at many establishments treat their customers.

:occasion9:

PS: Pattaya Male - only kidding :sign5:

October 23rd, 2011, 17:49
hang on a minute the scotty lad ... i wasnt the one moaning my dear .. it was the one 2 above who was moaning .. and im not a pensioner ... tho ill be glad when i am .. then i can moan even more and people will just say ' o its an age thing ' happy days to look forward to .. as for music in bars .. in all honesty i hate most of it .. now if they decided to start playing stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's then id certainly be there .. alone maybe but id be there .

October 23rd, 2011, 18:01
hang on a minute the scotty lad ... i wasnt the one moaning my dear .. it was the one 2 above who was moaning .. and im not a pensioner ... tho ill be glad when i am .. then i can moan even more and people will just say ' o its an age thing ' happy days to look forward to .. as for music in bars .. in all honesty i hate most of it .. now if they decided to start playing stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's then id certainly be there .. alone maybe but id be there .

My mistake - have amended my post accordingly!

The 60's were before my time though - before I was conscious of music at least.

Music from the 70's would be welcome - maybe a Gary Glitter night.

October 23rd, 2011, 18:09

My mistake - have amended my post accordingly!

The 60's were before my time though - before I was conscious of music at least.

Music from the 70's would be welcome - maybe a Gary Glitter night.

cheers i dont really remember the 60's as i was born in 62 ... but was some great music from that time .. anyone even see THE BETTER they are a beatles tribute band who play in bangkok at O' Reillys Irish Pub by the entrance to sala daeng bst http://thebetterband.com/
strangly enough they look and sound just like the originals .. well up untill each song ends and they say 'ahhh fank you welly much '
as for a garry glitter night .. i think you should post that on another board .. it would be a sell out ..

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2011, 20:57
Have you ever heard a friend say, "I won't go to that bar because the music is too soft."?????
No, because the reason they might not go to the bar with the lousy, soft music is because it's dull and there's no energy or atmosphere.

Scottish makes sense. But so many posters here post about wanting to attract the younger generation to Pattaya. Can't comment too specifically as I wasn't there but if this bar owner turns down the music TOO far, he'll just be left with a dull atmosphere where the only customers will be really sensitive old men who want nothing other than to pick a boy off the stage for the night. You won't get any of the younger customers, Asians coming in for the show, Russians etc.

ceejay
October 23rd, 2011, 21:50
The last thing a bar owner wants to do in a crowded marketplace is make his establishment generic. There's no such beast as a bar to appeal to all tastes and the most successful ones pick their niche and aim to make themselves the best in it. The most likely outcome of aiming for the middle with something like music volume is that you won't please anybody.

October 23rd, 2011, 22:58
trouble is that pattaya isnt a crowded market place at the moment .. so if you want to appeal to a young crown yet only get older people in then you need to rethink what you are doing ??
maybe this is the reason the bars etc are struggling ...

ceejay
October 23rd, 2011, 23:52
I meant crowded on the supply side - possibly more bars than the market can bear, at least in their present format. That doesn't mean they all need to change - that would just crowd another segment of the market.

christianpfc
October 24th, 2011, 00:08
There have been posts that the music in bars is too loud since I started reading gay forums, but I can't remember anyone complaining of the opposite. I too find that the music is too loud in the vast majority of bars (and discos as well). One explanation might be that bars try to outsound each other (so you can hear their music on the street lounder than their neighbor's). But we customers have little choice: go to one bar where the music is too loud or to another bar where the music is too loud. And finally, to watch boys in underwear on stage I can endure the loud music.

I always take earplugs with me when in Thailand, and I use them extensively in bars and discos. I think I use earplugs more often than condoms.

painai2
October 24th, 2011, 09:21
Many of the guys who work in these bars hate the music, too.

netrix
October 24th, 2011, 09:28
i know... let's do a poll! sheesh! :8(

the tired old queens will always complain about the sound and lights
and how there's not enough free food and drink prices are too high
and someone was sitting in my seat blah blah blah.

a bar owner should play the music however they want, it's their bar!
if you don't like it, why the hell do you insist on going? seriously, why
not go to a beer bar or massage parlor or something more your style?

and here's a point nobody on this forum will make....
there are a lot of guys who like to go out to a place because it's fun.
period. music and lighting create atmosphere and energy. people who
are having fun spend more money. the reason a bar like this get's
nothing but complaints from the geriatrics is because that's all the
grumpies like to do is complain. the crowd who goes out to have fun
doesn't spend a lot of time arguing about nonsense on these forums, so
you don't hear from them as much. so to assume that a preponderance
of mostly negative comments about not catering to senior citizens indicates
that a particular bar is ignoring it's market, might just be a faulty assumption
if your only evidence is this drivel from tired old bitches.

if you don't like a bar, don't go to it. duh. your loss. you'll just have to
find someplace else to mooch free food and oogle at nearly naked boys.

pennyboy
October 24th, 2011, 20:08
WTF has being a senior citizen got to do with it. The OP said he thought the music was too loud in this particular bar and would not go back. His choice.I like music but not so loud that it can deafen. It is not a disco and does not need over loud music to attract customers of all ages. There are plenty of gogo bars that have reasonable sound levels and a perfect example is Funny Boys.
And bye the way who mentioned smooching for free food or demanding a particular seat?

Dalewood
October 24th, 2011, 21:01
This is nothing new. Years ago in my Navy days, The noise level in some of the gogo bars outside the main gate at Subic Bay, Philippines was just as bad. I honestly feared for the hearing of the girls who worked there. I even had some concerns for the stability of the building---it was that loud.

Beachlover
October 24th, 2011, 21:16
that a particular bar is ignoring it's market, might just be a faulty assumption
I already made a similar point but yeah, I agree...

It's just cranky and overly sensitive old men who lack self awareness. These forums are rife with them.

It could be worse. You could be staring at thread after thread like THIS one: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3448 :rolling:

October 25th, 2011, 00:45

It's just cranky and overly sensitive old men who lack self awareness. These forums are rife with them.

It could be worse. You could be staring at thread after thread like THIS one: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3448 :rolling:

so what you are basically saying is that the older people on this board shouldnt have an opinion on anything ??
i think the OP said he wouldnt go back to that bar again .. so that rules out most of your argument ..
do you go out a lot netrix ? as you seem to spend alot of time on here moaning !!
why do you think you both have more right to make comments than the older members of the board ?
i think you'll find the idea of a forum is so that everyone who wants to can comment.

netrix
October 25th, 2011, 05:35
so what you are basically saying is that the older people on this board shouldnt have an opinion on anything ??
i think the OP said he wouldnt go back to that bar again .. so that rules out most of your argument ..
do you go out a lot netrix ? as you seem to spend alot of time on here moaning !!
why do you think you both have more right to make comments than the older members of the board ?
i think you'll find the idea of a forum is so that everyone who wants to can comment.

no what he's saying is nobody cares about the opinion of a whiner. it just so happens that
the op is a senior citizen, like other bitchy old queens on this forum whom occasionally
complain about shit nobody cares about. same whiner who complained someone stole
his seat at the same bar... and then came to the same forum to compain in the same
whiny way to the same tired old bitches.

if i were the bar owner the OP would be asked not to return. maybe
that's why he won't be going back.

yes i go out ALL the time. in my own country and many others.
where ever there's loud music and happy people, that's where i'll be.
i hear there's a "happy place" or two in pattaya.

of course the older gents may comment all they want. often their insights are priceless.
but their entitlement and constant complaining is tiresome.

netrix
October 25th, 2011, 05:39

haha nice one. i saw that post last month. same whiny shit. and i commented the
same way there...

"yea that's definitely nitpicking.
i don't go to thailand for the gogo bars, but when i do visit them i enjoy
the fun feeling of a lively bar. if they didn't have the lighting and music
i wouldn't go."

yes i saw your post after i made mine. and i agree. the point i was trying to emphasize
is that the loudest complainers on this forum think they're right because all they see
is other complainers being loud. but there are tons of happy gay guys having a blast
all over thailand who don't know this forum exists and don't give a damn.

sexpats want the world to revolve around themselves, and they refuse to acknowledge
that it simply doesn't.

if some whiny wrinkled mean hearted bitch demands my seat in a bar just because
he likes to sit there i'll kindly ask him to get lost.

Now TURN THE MUSIC UP! :party

SlaveDriver
October 25th, 2011, 08:17
What does Bars mean. Music. In partying atmosphere it has to be loud and accepted.

It you want soft music go to a nice resturant.

So dont blame the owner and the DJ for it. Baby-Boombers and retired old floks stick to the cafes and the chairs around to sit and gossip. Dont go to a theater and expect a drama. Be a Roman when you are in Rome.

Happy Place keep doing what you are doing. That's what the customers want. Don't give in to the old farangs who want to dictate their terms how the gay institutions should be run. They are going forty years back. Life Gadhaffi their rule is over :party

October 25th, 2011, 14:46
Last night I went to one of the gogo bars I enjoy. Good mix of dancers, good wait staff, reasonable drink prices, etc.

Last night this bar was full due to a special event. Good for the bar owner and his staff. BUT>>>>>

The music was way too loud. Several customers simply got up and left saying they'd never come back. The owner was told this and even sent his manager to "ask" the dj to lower the music level. It might have been lowered but not by much.

The owner even apologized before the event started saying that he had a new sound system that cost over 130,000 and his dj was just getting use to it. True I am sure, but the customer sitting next to me yelled out, "Didn't the new system come with a volume switch???" A comment many of us thought was spot on.

Several more of my friends even though they stayed for part of the event, vowed never to visit this bar again!

I know this is not the norm for this bar. But for many others, I have heard customers say they will not go to a bar because the music is too loud.

Why don't owners listen to their customers?? Have you ever heard a friend say, "I won't go to that bar because the music is too soft."?????

As I was the OP of this thread I noticed that a few posters seem either unable or unwilling to read.
POSITIVE points:
I enjoy this bar
Really good waiters
Good mix of boys
Reasonable drink prices
Bar was full (means people like me enjoy it)
When owner was notified, he asked someone to tell the DJ to turn down the sound
The owner was apologetic (showing he is interested in his customers)
The owner had spent 130,000 baht to update his sound system (he is trying to provide customers with a quality sound, which is not the same as just loud)
I certainly will continue to visit this bar. "I enjoy it"
TOO LOUD music is NOT normal for this one bar

NEGATIVE points:
One night the music was WAY TO LOUD!!
Other bars always play their music so loud the loose customers
Some people walk out because music was too loud
Some people (NOT ME!!!) said they would not come back due to loud music

Yes I have visited bars where for me the music is too loud. I don't enjoy the music being so loud that when I ask staff to sit and talk with me for awhile before deciding if I would like their companionship for the evening, which may include going to a loud disco club! I often visit with friends and enjoy being entertained by the dancers and talking with friends at the same time. If the music is too loud for that I leave.

I also noticed that a few posters seem critical of "senior citizens". Saying only senior citizens that whine which is disingenuous. If not trying to put down senior citizens, they would have said "people that whine." I thought it humorous to see those people "whining" about senior citizens and or people that whine. Whining is whining no matter which poster does it.

A couple posters seem to use the term "senior citizen" in a disparaging way. If so, if they really are under 55, I hope they live long enough to be able to enjoy all the benefits and joys of growing older and the wisdom that usually comes with it. There is one poster on this forum in particular that likes to say he is very young, has a thriving business, and can take care of it all from his computer. He also seems to think he knows more, is much smarter and more clever than most of us. He may be exactly what he pretends.

As a senior citizen I am happy that I can live where I want, do what I want and enjoy the benefits of past my hard work and planning. I would not want to trade that or go back in time one minute! I have never been happier. I LOVE living long enough to be a senior citizen. Life is grand!! Hope others enjoy it too!

October 25th, 2011, 16:36
Pattaya Male:

1. You say that despite the music you like the bar you are complaining about (and we all know which bar) - but mostly you just moan about it - too loud - got asked to move etc.

2. Personally, I have never been aware of anybody stomping out of a gogo bar in Pattaya because of the volume of music - you suggest that bars are losing customers all the time (please note spelling).
How do you come to this conclusion?
How do you know what prompts people to leave a bar?

3. Do you have a hearing problem? I'm being serious!

October 25th, 2011, 16:50
2. Personally, I have never been aware of anybody stomping out of a gogo bar in Pattaya because of the volume of music - you suggest that bars are losing customers all the time (please note spelling).

Sounds like Pattaya Male has an axe to grind, I wonder why?

October 25th, 2011, 23:42
Pattaya Male:

1. You say that despite the music you like the bar you are complaining about (and we all know which bar) - but mostly you just moan about it - too loud - got asked to move etc. This was the first and only time a certain bar I really like had really loud music. BUT other bars that I have tried several times always seem to have music played too loud for me.

2. Personally, I have never been aware of anybody stomping out of a gogo bar in Pattaya because of the volume of music - you suggest that bars are losing customers all the time (please note spelling).I guess we run in different circles since you have not had any friends say this too you.
How do you come to this conclusion?I conclude this from what people say to me.
How do you know what prompts people to leave a bar?Again,they say so.

3. Do you have a hearing problem? I'm being serious!I can hear pretty well. But as I age my hearing has probably become less keen. I have a physical each year which includes a hearing test and they say my hearing is fine. I would like to keep it that way.

I have tried to answer your questions honestly. But for some reason I doubt this will satisfy you. You don't seem to be very trusting and are augmentative, judging from your other posts...I'm serious. But admit just reading other's posts without knowing the person can give a different view of the person. Since other posters agreed with me about loud music, why not ask them why they feel this way so you may get a more balanced debate. You do realize that more people do NOT participate on these forums than do participate.

Beachlover
October 25th, 2011, 23:50
To add further perspective: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=20 (http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3448&sid=88021841d53d5d634bc92fe66f17d8f9&start=20)

One poster there said lowering the music and raising the lighting would just turn a gogo bar into a brightly lit grocery store with gogo boys on display.
The response: "give me the grocery store". :sumo:

What a shocker. :rolling:

So there you have it. What I joked about was actually true! Some of these oblivious sexpats actually just want a brightly lit grocery store with nothing to hurt their ears and eyes (and zero atmosphere) where they can safely go and pick a gogo boy off the stage for the night.

Just brilliant. Oh you couldn't make this shit up if you tried! :rolling:

Nope... no where in my posts have I ever said that or said anything about who has more of a right to comment.

Also as Netrix says, you shouldn't assume that when I say "overly sensitive old men who lack self awareness" I'm referring to anyone and everyone who's old. If that was the case it would mean half the forum. Nope, there's plenty of older guys I get along with here and elsewhere. I was only referring to the ones who are overly sensitive and lack self awareness.

sexpats want the world to revolve around themselves, and they refuse to acknowledge
that it simply doesn't.
Yep, definitely agree there's a disproportionate number who are like that (better examples on GBT) but definitely doesn't apply to all of them. It's just that the ones who are like this stand out the most. For the most part, lots of Sexpats on this forum are ok (no Scottish, not trying to lick your arse, lower the kilt and turn back around).

Pattaya Male:the bar you are complaining about... you just moan about it...got asked to move etc.
To be fair, as I recall that thread, he didn't get asked to move. He volunteered to move when he saw another farang causing trouble. He was also mostly critical of the farang and his behaviour (not the bar) and it made for an interesting story. There was minimal criticism of the bar in that one.

October 26th, 2011, 01:15
Pattaya Male:the bar you are complaining about... you just moan about it...got asked to move etc.
To be fair, as I recall that thread, he didn't get asked to move ....

...... to my surprise the farang owner asked me if I would move. I asked why as I liked where I was sitting....

Right again, Beachy :sign5:

Beachlover
October 26th, 2011, 22:40
Heh... I apologise. You're right. I mustn't have read the thread properly the first time.

I guess Pattaya Male wasn't just talking about ONE cranky farang in that story then. :rolling:

some-farangs-are-like-year-olds-t21270.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/some-farangs-are-like-year-olds-t21270.html)

Beachlover
October 26th, 2011, 22:46
Shifting the topic to loud music in discos then...

I actually love it how discos have the music pumping so loud you need to yell in someone's ear to talk to them.

Other than the energy and atmosphere of awesomeness it creates, there's another benefit.

When you chat someone up and you're getting to know them, loud music forces you to rely more on non-verbal communication. Anyone else agree?

When it's such a struggle to get each and every word across, you tend to limit talking to a few words here and there. You rely more on other stuff like eye contact, body movement, hands and smiling etc. to charm and get to know each other... It's exciting and alluring.

So yeah... turn the music up!
:party

I guess it could work the same in a gogo bar when you call a gogo boy off the stage. Or maybe it just gets in the way of all the complex negotiations listing what sex acts and fetish niches you need them to fulfill. :rolling:

christianpfc
October 27th, 2011, 01:33
I actually love it how discos have the music pumping so loud you need to yell in someone's ear to talk to them. I hate it.

Other than the energy and atmosphere of awesomeness it createsIt's just LOOOUUUUDDDDD!

loud music forces you to rely more on non-verbal communicationThere we go: forces you. Maybe you like to be forced to rely on non-verbal communiction, I don't.

October 27th, 2011, 04:38
Maybe you like to be forced to rely on non-verbal communiction, I don't.

It's a great world from which you come from christianpfc which allows you more or less to have freedom of choice so if you don't like it don't go. The discos wouldn't be bursting at the seams if those enjoying themselves inside didn't like the volume.

lonelywombat
October 27th, 2011, 12:16
Shifting the topic to loud music in discos then...

I actually love it how discos have the music pumping so loud you need to yell in someone's ear to talk to them.

Other than the energy and atmosphere of awesomeness it creates, there's another benefit.

When you chat someone up and you're getting to know them, loud music forces you to rely more on non-verbal communication. Anyone else agree?

When it's such a struggle to get each and every word across, you tend to limit talking to a few words here and there. You rely more on other stuff like eye contact, body movement, hands and smiling etc. to charm and get to know each other... It's exciting and alluring.

So yeah... turn the music up!

I guess it could work the same in a gogo bar when you call a gogo boy off the stage. Or maybe it just gets in the way of all the complex negotiations listing what sex acts and fetish niches you need them to fulfill. :rolling:

Getting back on the original thread, what a nightmare go go bars would be, if every customer that invited a boy down to have a drink or chat about the sex act, had to shout to let the boy know what he wanted. You suck my cock, you rim mr arse, i fuck you no condom!!!! pleeezzz spare us all that crap.

I cannot believe anyone that has ever been into a go go bar and tried to off a boy, would make such a stupid statement. But then beachlover has never tried to off a go go boy so he wouldnt know. If you invite a boy to come and sit with , to chat and have a drink, you want privacy and other customers don't want to hear your sales pitch.

October 27th, 2011, 16:23
Comparing music volume in "discos" (omg what a 1960/70's term) and a bar is not a valid comparison.

Anybody who has sufficient intelligence to even get to the door of a nightclub knows full well that it is going to be extremely loud in there and that conversation will be difficult if not almost impossible. This is not the case if you enter a bar or gogo bar where there is a reasonable expectation that whilst there will be music, conversation will be possible without shouting at each other.

Beachy, maybe I'm too normal for SGT, but I have never felt the need to discuss in detail any fetishes or to draw up a future programme of sexual activities with a boy in a gogo bar - so the volume of any music would not have any effect on my conversation with him. Not being an amalgam of Jesus Christ and Adonis like yourself, I do take gogo boys off (yes - even when my bf is there! Shock! Horror!) and part of the fun is wondering what will take place in the sack - I have rarely been disapponted and when I am, I put it down to experience and move on.

What HAS been embarassing in the past (and I'm sure it's happened to others) is when the music is at a high level - so you modulate your conversation accordingly - only for the music to suddenly stop whilst you are shouting the work COCK or similar.

October 27th, 2011, 17:09
Believe it or not, I was trying as hard as possible NOT to get involved with this discussion even though the bar in question was mine, but the continuation of this topic has left me no other choice.

First, yes as some posters pointed out it was Pattayamale who had the problem with another customer about moving over one seat as I did not know that my manager had pomised the seat to another guest. When I asked him if he could slide over one seat, well all shit broke loose. Yes, Pattayamale has sent in various other complaints and we have had discussions about this.

When PM came outside to tell me that 2 of his freinds had just left because the music was too loud, I went in to check the music level. It was very loud which is not the norm for our bar. The dj who had been home for 1 month had come back the day prior and was getting used to our new dj system which we recently had installed and this was clearly explained. Unfortunately the response was that he had already called some other freinds and told them not to come down because the music was far too loud. Hmmmmm!

The music was brought down to a comfortable level as soon as I mentioned it to the dj and within a few minutes, Boy Bingo started to a packed house. So packed that some customers had to be turned away and I assure you that the music was extremely low as to hear the numbers being called.

I guess my question is, it was obviously not so loud that PM did not leave (he said his freinds did, and only 2 out of his whole group) so why did he find it necessary to go home and write all about it on the internet? Before giving me a chance to address the problem, why did he find it necessary to call his other freinds and tell them not to come down? And since he came out and immeadiately spoke to me, how was it so loud that he could make such a phone call from inside the bar? He did come out and mention it and it was handled. It was mentioned, management went in and checked, and it was immeadiately turned down. In my humble opinion nothing to go on and on about and open up a three or four page thread as though this was a common occurance at the bar in question. It surely was not inteneded to be a thread about bars in general as it was obviously his complaint throughout his original post that it was one bar that set him off and not even his but his freinds.

B/L and Scottish, I am sorry to correct you but the earlier complaint regarding moving over one seat was between him and ONE other customer.
Also B/L I have read back through your posts in this thread and am quite confused.
In several of your posts you talk of cranky old men and the music can't be kept so low as it will be dull and boring, (maybe not your excat words) and then you go off on a tangent about people having to scream loud about what their preferences are in bed. You sound like you are waffling my dear.
Add that to the fact that you don't like Pattaya, don't like prostitutes and all and I wonder how you would even have a clue to be in this particular discussion and commenting on it? But then you do add to the topics regualrly about what many prostitute bars are like and prostitute areas. Hmmm!

October 27th, 2011, 17:23
What HAS been 'embarassing' in the past (and I'm sure it's happened to others) is when the music is at a high level - so you modulate your conversation accordingly - only for the music to suddenly stop whilst you are shouting the work COCK or similar.

"Embarassing".....I still feel for those unfortunate customers of a certain Karaoke Bar who witnessed your trousers falling down Scotty as you were, let us say performing!........ :sign5:

I guess my question is, it was obviously not so loud that PM did not leave (he said his freinds did) so why did he find it necessary to go home and write all about it on the internet? Before giving me a chance to address the problem, why did he find it necessary to call his other freinds and tell them not to come down? And since he came out and immeadiately spoke to me, how was it so loud that he could make such a phone call from inside the bar? He did come out and mention it and it was handled. It was mentioned, management went in and checked, and it was immeadiately turned down. In my humble opinion nothing to go on and on about and open up a three or four page thread as though this was a common occurance at the bar in question. It surely was not inteneded to be a thread about bars in general as it was obviously his complaint throughout his original post that it was one bar that set him off and not even he but his freinds

I stand by my earlier post that PattayaMale has an axe to grind...

October 27th, 2011, 18:04

B/L and Scottish, I am sorry to correct you but the earlier complaint regarding moving over one seat was between him and ONE other customer...

Fair enough but there's nothing to correct me on - all I said was that Pattaya Male was asked by the management to move seat (in Happy Place) and that he later moaned about that amongst other things.

Beachy disputed my statement "from his recollection" and I posted PM's own words which indicated that he was indeed asked to move. You have now confirmed the details exactly as I stated them.

I feel entirely vindicated and look forward to my canonisation as Saint Scotty of Pattaya - but not for many, many years!

October 27th, 2011, 18:09
What HAS been 'embarassing' in the past (and I'm sure it's happened to others) is when the music is at a high level - so you modulate your conversation accordingly - only for the music to suddenly stop whilst you are shouting the work COCK or similar.

"Embarassing".....I still feel for those unfortunate customers of a certain Karaoke Bar who witnessed your trousers falling down Scotty as you were, let us say performing!........ :sign5:

Let's get it into perspective: it was the Kar Dor karaoke bar in Phuket, it is right in the heart of the Paradise Complex, most if not all of the customers are rentboys from the bars who go in after the bars are closed.
They didn't see anything they hadn't seen before - just more of it.

October 27th, 2011, 18:17
Let's get it into perspective: it was the Kar Dor karaoke bar in Phuket, it is right in the heart of the Paradise Complex, most if not all of the customers are rentboys from the bars who go in after the bars are closed. They didn't see anything they hadn't seen before - just more of it.

I rest my case Your Honour.................. :sign5:

October 27th, 2011, 18:25
I stand by my earlier post that PattayaMale has an axe to grind...

No Combat, it would be simple to agree with you or even to stay quiet but alas, I have to say that this man does enjoy coming to the bar and bringing freinds and there is no axe to grind on his part. Its just unfortunate that he seems to be quite sensitive and vocal about anything that he finds irritating.

October 27th, 2011, 18:52
No Combat, it would be simple to agree with you or even to stay quiet but alas, I have to say that this man does enjoy coming to the bar and bringing freinds and there is no axe to grind on his part. Its just unfortunate that he seems to be quite sensitive and vocal about anything that he finds irritating.

Thanks justme, it's good that you take the time to post your point so that we get to hear your side rather than only the side of someone who is 'sensitive' which might well put others off visiting your establishment.

colmx
October 27th, 2011, 20:11
I do take gogo boys off (yes - even when my bf is there! Shock! Horror!) and part of the fun is wondering what will take place in the sack - I have rarely been disapponted and when I am, I put it down to experience and move on.

Same for me... Never discuss it upfront.... Makes to 2-3 hours in the LOUD disco (after the off and before going home) all the more fun with anticipation of what may happen

On the loud music in gogo bars topic - has never affected me and i think it adds to the atmosphere
You guys complain about boys doing the one step shuffle isntead of dancing..
If the music was lower... the boys would be comatose!

Beachlover
October 27th, 2011, 21:21
loud music in... I guess it could work the same in a gogo bar when you call a gogo boy off the stage. Or maybe it just gets in the way of all the complex negotiations listing what sex acts and fetish niches you need them to fulfill. :rolling:
what a nightmare go go bars would be, if every customer that invited a boy down to have a drink or chat about the sex act, had to shout to let the boy know what he wanted. You suck my cock, you rim mr arse, i fuck you no condom!!!! pleeezzz spare us all that crap. I cannot believe anyone that has ever been into a go go bar and tried to off a boy, would make such a stupid statement. But then beachlover has never tried to off a go go boy so he wouldnt know. If you invite a boy to come and sit with , to chat and have a drink, you want privacy and other customers don't want to hear your sales pitch.
if you enter a bar or gogo bar where there is a reasonable expectation that whilst there will be music, conversation will be possible without shouting at each other.

Beachy, maybe I'm too normal for SGT, but I have never felt the need to discuss in detail any fetishes or to draw up a future programme of sexual activities with a boy in a gogo bar - so the volume of any music would not have any effect on my conversation with him.
Sheesh... Both of you! :bootyshake:

Couldn't spot a piss take if it sat in your lap! :scratch:

I was just taking the piss out of people who are obsessively fussy about what they want to happen in bed... in a nice way.

I have never felt the need to discuss in detail any fetishes or to draw up a future programme of sexual activities with a boy in a gogo bar... part of the fun is wondering what will take place in the sack - I have rarely been disapponted and when I am, I put it down to experience and move on.
I can relate to that... I prefer to just let things happen naturally and be flexible! I don't go out and spend the night fixated and reliant on the need to make one particular sex act happen with a specific kind of guy before the end of the night to be happy!

I think people who do that are setting themselves up for frustration more often than not... then what happens? They get on SGT and bitch about it... and we love to read it! :rolling:

Healthier to have an ideal in mind but go with the flow and embrace uncertainty... I love not knowing who I'll meet or where I'll end up some nights.

Doesn't matter if it's with a paid gogo boy or non-paid hook up... applies to both.

Beachlover
October 27th, 2011, 21:40
why did he find it necessary to go home and write all about it on the internet?... In my humble opinion nothing to go on and on about and open up a three or four page thread as though this was a common occurance at the bar in question.
I agree... why the hell pick this bar out of all of them to complain about sound? There's no logic in Pattaya Male's proportion/consistency of response whatsoever.

Your bar was probably just the unlucky straw that broke the donkey's back/eardrum. There's probably plenty of other bars more deserving of complaint.

Pattaya Male didn't mention your bar but it was stupidly obvious which bar he was referring to. Never mind... I don't think any harm's been done except for stressing the owner.

then you go off on a tangent about people having to scream loud about what their preferences are in bed.
It was a PISS TAKE! Do you really think I'm going to have any sympathy because anal retentive couldn't run through his LONG checklist of prerequisites with a boy sitting there in his underwear?

Add that to the fact that you don't like Pattaya, don't like prostitutes and all and I wonder how you would even have a clue to be in this particular discussion and commenting on it? But then you do add to the topics regualrly about what many prostitute bars are like and prostitute areas. Hmmm!
I'm mostly interested in Thailand and Asia but Pattaya and this sub-culture is like a fascinating study into humanity or something... I find it interesting.

Please get your facts right...

1. I have never said I "don't like prostitutes". I have never made a blanket statement saying they are bad or using them is bad. I make the effort to be objective, rational and put forward a reasoned point of view, which people can debate. I believe there are good and bad things about them and people should be realistic.

2. In the last six months, I think I've started a grand total of two threads relating to prostitution (from memory). It just happens these are recent and both are still on the front page. In the mean time there's over a DOZEN other threads on prostitution on the front page so I hardly think I'm "drowning" the site in prostitution-related discussion! The site already revolves around it!

3. Yes, I don't like Pattaya but I'm open minded and objective enough to accept it has its strengths and have made plenty of mention of this. People just ignore any positive comments and get fixated on the negative stuff that's said because can't accept anyone saying the place has any downsides at all.

I actually love it how discos have the music pumping so loud you need to yell in someone's ear to talk to them. I hate it.
Other than the energy and atmosphere of awesomeness it createsIt's just LOOOUUUUDDDDD!
Yes, I know, Christian... Your opinion isn't applicable because you're a self-confessed robot... and we love you for it. :happy7:

christianpfc
October 28th, 2011, 00:56
Same for me... Never discuss it upfront.... Makes to 2-3 hours in the LOUD disco (after the off and before going home) all the more fun with anticipation of what may happen.

If I remember correctly, you mentioned offing boys and taking them to discos in earlier posts. Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Do you off theses boys for short time or for long time? Do you or they bring friends to the disco? Do they stay overnight?

I consistently have problems with boys agreeing to long time and then leaving after sex and not staying overnight. So my policy is "fuck first, talk later" because my very first off went wrong: We walked back to my hotel via Walking Street which took about half an hour and when we arrived he got a call that he has to leave. So I don't want to spend too much of the boy's time (who agreed to long time, but has short time in mind) out of my hotel room, to avoid shortage of time in my room. I'm very sensible to bullshit: a slight hint from the boy that I hurry so he can leave would lead to lack of interest (on my part), no sex, and arguments about the tip.

Recently a boy told me that I have to pay him for his time, not for sex. So if I off a boy and we spend two or three hours in town and then it comes to my mind that I want to have sex with him (that's why I off boys) but time is over and he has to leave, I still have to pay a full tip, following this logic.

October 28th, 2011, 01:45
im going to invent a short time glove puppet and sell in it sunee and boys town ... 200 baht
this time next year ill be a millionair rodney

colmx
October 28th, 2011, 06:47
If I remember correctly, you mentioned offing boys and taking them to discos in earlier posts. Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Do you off theses boys for short time or for long time? Do you or they bring friends to the disco? Do they stay overnight?

Myself (and most Farang that I am friendly with) usually go to at least one late night venue every night of my holiday
-Sometimes its a straight Disco like hollywood
-Sometimes its an Issan style place like TumnanChon or Pluang Mai (theres a new one for you NewAlaan - its KumPan Band in old Tawan Daeng premises)
-Sometimes its Dave, NAB or The Club
-Sometimes its a Karaoke
Usually its a combination of above and a night rarely ends before 5am

I usually go with my BF, and whilst we like to spend time together - going to a disco with 2 people is not all that fun... so always good to bring along a friend or 4

So the usual situation is that we off 1 or 2 boys and take them to the disco
Afterwards we are joined by either our friends or friends of the boy(s)

If things go well with the boy i.e. BF, Him and I all click he comes back, sometimes overnight, but not always
If one of us likes the boy and the other is not all that bothered- the boy will go back to the room short time with the BF or I whilst the other stays in the disco a while longer. The boy does not stay overnight.

If neither of us take a liking to him he gets 600B (500 for his time and 100 for MoCy home)
Mostly the reason for us taking a dislike would be when he is too much poochai i.e. too straight and shows more interest in the women in the venue than us!
Usually the straight guy is delighted with the 500B instead of having to have sex

This uncertainty about what will happen at the end of the night would drive some people crackers - but has worked for 9 years with BF and I now. By bringing the guy out and getting a few drinks in him you get to see a glimpse of the real him - not some guy in underwear with a number!

newalaan
October 29th, 2011, 18:11
The OP referred to one specific bar and said it was one occassion so I'm not sure how that translated into all gogo bars having a volume problem. As for the bar in question, Happy Place, I visited there twice recently and the volume wasn't particularly loud, my 3 friends and I could speak and understand eachother with no problem. As for gogo bars in general Netrix hit the nail on the head with
guys like to go out to a place because its fun Agogos need some decent level of volume just to inject the fun element. I dont go to gogos to off guys much nowadays, but still like to visit some during a trip for the enjoyment of going to the type of venues that I dont have back home. During visits to agogos I never once remember sitting down and thinking the music was too loud, with bars like Nice Boys good loud-ish dance music is essential to the atmosphere of the place.

The only mystery to me is why bars waste their time employing DJs in the first place, if there is very loud music its always down to them, many pushing the levels as far as they can go. If you need recorded music for a 4-5 hour stint in a bar, i dont know why they dont just pre-record cd/mp3 or whatever stick it on the system and leave it, shouldn't have to touch it again till closing time unless you have a show. We can all be dj's there is no skill to it at all. Playing a musical instrument or singing in tune now there's a skill....chucking a cd into a system?....anybody can do it. I think owners, and club goers in general give far too much respect to DJ's and DJing. In Hollywood i sometimes detest the music chosen by th DJs there. The hour or so show with live band compared to the hour or so with the DJ there is one extreme of enjoyment to the other, with the live band/show being great.

There are plenty of gogo bars that have reasonable sound levels and a perfect example is Funny BoysWith regard to the level of volume in Funny Boys in particular, although a very decent, comfortable agogo bar has a ridiculously low volume level, so much so that you can hear not only the boys onstage chatting amongst themselves, but the dreary, boring conversations other customers around you are having....a decent volume level alone is needed to drown out this droning farang guff.In fact i've been there when north american customers have drowned out the music...who wants sit and listen to clueless farangs bragging about how they got away with paying only Bt200/Bt300 tip for sex at a massage and the likes. In fact it's a good while since i've visited Funny Boys because its not really that much fun to be honest (compared to some others), its very stale, much rather go to somewhere it is bouncing a bit.

If you really want LOUD just stroll near the middle-eastern/arabian Walking Street beerbars - dont actually go into them as your eardrums could burst - I have friends who play in a band between Walking St and Arabland and found that the volume in the Arabland beer bars actually hurt my ears, god only knows how the girls who work there can stand it.

Sounds like Pattaya Male has an axe to grind, I wonder why?Pity he couldn't grind the damned axe and use it to disptach the fingers of little combat to save us from his monotonous non-posts with this yet another of his braindead attempts at pot stirring.....yes, well instead of just wondering WHY Pattaya Male has an axe to grind why dont you just go ahead and tell us little combat?? instead of mouthing off in some coded jibberish about axe-grinding ..just get to your point man! ...It seems even the owner of Happy Place does not agree with you.

.....cranky old men....lacking self awareness... Is there one single thread on this forum where Beachflooder has NOT made a reference to "cranky old men in Pattaya lacking self awareness" followed by the usual link to some dull gaybuttblog thread. Beachflooder the ultimate forum anorak.

christianpfc
October 31st, 2011, 04:22
Colmx, thanks for your reply. It's interesting to read what others do after the off.

I am usually want to go to bed before 3am, so I don't frequent late night venues. I focus on spending the following day with a boy, if he stays overnight.

The only mystery to me is why bars waste their time employing DJs in the first place, if there is very loud music its always down to them, many pushing the levels as far as they can go. If you need recorded music for a 4-5 hour stint in a bar, i dont know why they dont just pre-record cd/mp3 or whatever stick it on the system and leave it, shouldn't have to touch it again till closing time unless you have a show. We can all be dj's there is no skill to it at all.
Definitely! I absolutely agree. This is no concert or a gig or a disco. Massage parlors have music that fits the atmosphere and usually has the right volume without a DJ, supermarkets have music (that's supposed to promote selling) at the right level without a DJ, restaurants have music at the right level without a DJ, why can't gogo bars?

To the bar owner who spent 130'000 Baht on a funky new sound system: I couldn't care less. You could as well tell me your car has new tires.

newalaan
October 31st, 2011, 07:45
To the bar owner who spent 130'000 Baht on a funky new sound system: I couldn't care less. You could as well tell me your car has new tires.Not quite sure why you and others have mentioned the cost of the system. The cost of the system has no direct influence on the volume if that's what you are implying...it's what the DJ decides to turn the dial to that's the problem with any system, they all have volume levels..cheap or expensive. I would think the main reason to buy a good sound system is for clarity rather than volume, and with a more expensive system if the sound is excellent not so much volume should actually be needed, something DJs tend not to appreciate as its in their DNA to blast the sound as loud as they can get away with, that's why i wouldn't bother with one if there is no show involved or technical complications involved.

Also if you run shows you need something which has more multiple/flexible options than cheaper/standard kit, plus a more expensive system should last longer and work out better value in the long run in many cases. From memory the owner hinted that his DJ was new to the system on the night and I imagine was probably 'putting it through its paces' as DJs are inclined to do, until i hope no doubt, he was 'advised' that the volume control need not be set at '10' for customers to hear it clearly.

christianpfc
November 1st, 2011, 22:49
Not quite sure why you and others have mentioned the cost of the system.
Because the bar owner posted here or on other boards about the new sound system and how much it cost. Which in my opinion is defenestrating money, I won't notice if the sound system is old or new or how much it cost, all I notice is that the music is too loud.

November 2nd, 2011, 01:03
Because the bar owner posted here or on other boards about the new sound system and how much it cost. Which in my opinion is defenestrating money,
Well my little wharped friend, maybe you might be totally satisfied with a $500 crapy dj system but to others who enjoy to also listen to good music and different effects during their party time at a bar $4,500 is not a lot to spend on a good system. Next you will try telling everyone that spending some money on good speakers is pissing money away also?
I guess when you go around bragging that you throw away "not less than 500 baht for a tip" and then 200 baht to one boy for overnite (quoted from cheapest tips ever) and then also brag about stuffing 1/2 finished bottles of water that you buy in a bar, into your big purse to finish later......
No, I guess you wouldn't know the difference between a cheap sound system and a good sound system tht was put in so to make your experience more pleasureable. Just stick with trying to figure out what the names of cows could be.
:dontknow: :tongue3: :dontknow: :tongue3: :dontknow:

November 2nd, 2011, 02:46
You forgot to mention his 130B haircut.

:sign5:

christianpfc
November 2nd, 2011, 04:59
but to others who enjoy to also listen to good music...
I doubt that people go to gogo bars to enjoy to listen to good music.

But I don't understand much about music, the same applies to sound systems and how to run a bar or a business, so I have to admit defeat.

I will probaly visit your bar on my next holiday (with earplugs at hand), maybe I can tell the difference afterwards.

November 2nd, 2011, 09:13
I just can't fuckin wait! I will stock up so I have a bottle of water for you. :evil4:
And you don't need earplugs because the music is not loud. It was at an unusual level for less than 20 minutes one nite.

Beachlover
November 2nd, 2011, 10:17
It was at an unusual level for less than 20 minutes one nite.
And boy did you hear about those 20 minutes! :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

I don't understand much about music...
That's right!

You have to be human to understand music! :rolling:

I think owners, and club goers in general give far too much respect to DJ's and DJing.
Good music is mission-critical! You don't tend to notice how important it is until you go into a place with crap music or where the DJ isn't quite getting it right.

Is there one single thread on this forum where Beachflooder has NOT made a reference to "cranky old men in Pattaya lacking self awareness" followed by the usual link to some dull gaybuttblog thread.
It's so nice to have you back. :happy7: :bootyshake:

kittyboy
November 2nd, 2011, 10:36
I don't understand much about music...
That's right!

You have to be human to understand music! :rolling:

Personally I hate the loud music at bars and especially discos. I go because that is where my friends want to go..or when I was younger that is where other young guys went and I wanted to pick them up take them home and fuck them.

I will go farther than christianpfc...I don't understand music and I dislike listening to music as most of it just sounds like unpleasant noise to me. But BL I am quite human.

November 2nd, 2011, 11:51
Kittyboy it is ok not to understand music and have a dislike for music that is loud, but I can assure you that if you walked into a bar that played rap or heavy metal all nite blaring from wall to wall, you would appreciate a good sound system and a good dj, unlike Christian. He would rather cruise a coffee shop, but only if they sell bottles of water and would give him a reciept for his list of expenditures. :leb:

kittyboy
November 2nd, 2011, 13:19
Kittyboy it is ok not to understand music and have a dislike for music that is loud, but I can assure you that if you walked into a bar that played rap or heavy metal all nite blaring from wall to wall, you would appreciate a good sound system and a good dj, unlike Christian. He would rather cruise a coffee shop, but only if they sell bottles of water and would give him a reciept for his list of expenditures. :leb:

I am not sure about the other posters drinking or spending habits but I can assure you I can not appreciate a good sound system anywhere. I just don't like music that much but I like hanging out with people and most of my friends LOVE music so we indulge each other and our weaknesses.

I have stopped by your bar on a few occasions and never found the music too loud. I have always enjoyed stopping by for a beer and chatting you up. I generally have no complaints....well let me express one....you have one guy working there with the worst haircut I have ever seen. I would be happy to accept donations (sent to me in china) and I promise to give the boy a proper day at the hair salon when I get back to thailand...Send money..I promise.

He is the kid with the hair that looks like the front grill (without the chrome) of a 1959 Desoto...Fuck...I laughed so hard when I saw him.

November 2nd, 2011, 16:17
Yes, I remember you and you were great talking to.
As far as the one needing a haircut, you need to give me more to figure out who you are talking about. Is it the one that has a lot of hair that looks like a big old mop on hois head?

November 2nd, 2011, 23:41

Why would an owner of a bar criticize one of his customers?? In my opinion it shows disregard for customers that disagree with the boss

"I guess my question is, it was obviously not so loud that PM did not leave (he said his freinds did, and only 2 out of his whole group) so why did he find it necessary to go home and write all about it on the internet? Before giving me a chance to address the problem, why did he find it necessary to call his other freinds and tell them not to come down? And since he came out and immeadiately spoke to me, how was it so loud that he could make such a phone call from inside the bar? He did come out and mention it and it was handled. It was mentioned, management went in and checked, and it was immeadiately turned down. In my humble opinion nothing to go on and on about and open up a three or four page thread as though this was a common occurance at the bar in question. It surely was not inteneded to be a thread about bars in general as it was obviously his complaint throughout his original post that it was one bar that set him off and not even his but his freinds." posted by Justme...the Boss

In my opinion the music was to loud. Why else would Justme apologize for the loud music before Bingo.

I DID NOT call friends and tell them not to come down. I convinced some of my friends to stay because I thought Justme would take care of the loud music.

I did NOT make a phone call from inside the bar. I called a friend from OUTSIDE the bar and asked if he was still coming to play Bingo. I told him one friend wanted to leave because the music was really loud, but he said he would stay if my friend was on his way.

I actually had arranged for 9 friends to meet to attend the Bingo event. The music however stayed too loud all night. Even 2 employees told me others complained.

Justme ASSumes wrongly when he said it was a Thread only about his bar! Others that night mentioned that there were OTHER bars that they did not go to anymore because the music was always too loud at some bars. THAT is what made me think about posting and the reason I did not mention his bar

Could it be that Justme has such a large ego everything has to be about him?? And why would an owner that wants customers berate them. Does he think this is helpful?

That is the reason the thread has stayed so long. Justme keeps posting to it and insulting customers

Beachlover
November 2nd, 2011, 23:57
Why would an owner of a bar criticize one of his customers?
Are you implying customers can criticise businesses but business owners should never criticise a customer?

Sorry, but if the customer's a moron, the business owner has every right to say so. I happen to believe that business owners should be as respectful and tactful towards customers as possible and have always practiced this myself, but there comes a point when you've got to call a moron a moron.

Justme ASSumes wrongly when he said it was a Thread only about his bar!... the reason I did not mention his bar
I don't think you intended to focus only on his bar but it was stupidly obvious, which bar you were talking about and 90% of your OP was focused on that ONE bar.

That is the reason the thread has stayed so long. Justme keeps posting to it and insulting customers
Load of bullshit... Justme refrained from touching this thread until it was 2.5 pages long.

The thread's continuation probably has more to do with Scottish, Christian, myself and other posters than the small role Justme has played.

November 3rd, 2011, 00:51
it was my understanding from the start of the thread this was about justmes bar ...it certainly wasnt hard to work out..
i think the 130'000 baht sound system gave it away .. id not normally be so obivious but im not sure you'd understand how i was so clever as to work it out pattayamale..
as for owners not having a go at customers ... that works both ways .. so dont give it unless you can take it .. so to speak .. anyhow as i said before on this thread surely its time to move on .. pleaseeeeeeeee :alc:

November 3rd, 2011, 02:05
Yes enough surely is enough.
I have done all I can do and I have responded to Pattaya Male as such. There has been a complaint from him EVERY time he has entered the bar. I mean every single freaking time. I can count almost ten times he has been in the bar and ten times he has posted or sent me an email complaining about someone or something in the bar. ENOUGH! If I had one more customer like PM I would just lay down and die! I cannot remember one single time that he has entered the bar and for one reason or another not gotten a barrage of posts and or emails that complain about something.
I give up! Find another place to go and that aint a request.

christianpfc
November 3rd, 2011, 03:00
surely its time to move on .. pleaseeeeeeeee
I totally agree, but

I have done all I can do and I have responded to Pattaya Male as such. There has been a complaint from him EVERY time he has entered the bar. I mean every single freaking time.
Please tell us (with Pattaya Male's permission?) what he complained about! Maybe I can learn something new.

November 3rd, 2011, 03:14
No Christian, we dont have to go there on open forum to create a circus.

netrix
November 3rd, 2011, 11:34
Yes enough surely is enough.... Find another place to go and that aint a request.

haha :laughing3: i think i just fell in love with justme!
now can we turn the music up?

November 3rd, 2011, 12:41
I have done all I can do and I have responded to Pattaya Male as such. There has been a complaint from him EVERY time he has entered the bar. I mean every single freaking time. I can count almost ten times he has been in the bar and ten times he has posted or sent me an email complaining about someone or something in the bar. ENOUGH! If I had one more customer like PM I would just lay down and die! I cannot remember one single time that he has entered the bar and for one reason or another not gotten a barrage of posts and or emails that complain about something.
I give up! Find another place to go and that aint a request.
Let me help you remember then. I went through all my posts about Happy Place. Every fricken time I complain? No! @Beachlover ....my posts go back to August 2004. so 90% of my posts are about Happy Place?? ------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at the Party. I had looked forward to it for several weeks and even went to Happy place and bought the first ticket I believe, 001. Those of you that were not able to attend, did indeed miss a wonderful time. It was exactly as described by "justme". The things he did not talk too much about were the wonderful prizes in the lucky draw for the customers. Even though he had originally said there would be six prizes there were several more. They included Johnny Walker Gold and very expensive wines.The food was very good and plentiful as usual. This time though he had breaded and deep fried lobster, which was incredibly delicious. The owner did at first ration customers to one piece, but after everyone had a chance to go through the buffet, he did allow a second piece. I understand why. These were so good, I think the lobster would have been gone after the the first few customers. The "glitches" mentioned were not any problem and I did not see them as "glitches". They added to the fun. One dancer I noticed but his 500 baht envelope back in the box to get another try at the gold. On his second try he ended up with 500 baht again.The staff indeed did a remarkable job. My advice to the owner is, "Don't worry about the little stuff. I think you may have a hard time matching this year's anniversary. "Thanks Happy Place for a really good evening!__________________________________________ ___________________________
YES!! A group of us had his Maryland chicken tonight. He told us you were supplying the stuff crabs..........which were GREAT at your Anniversary party!! Very generous of you! It would be great. Some bars have events but do not seem to publicize outside of the area they are in or on the beach. Using the Boards as Monty and Happy Place do, in my opinion, is effective. Several people I know who have not been in the Boystown for a long time, although they use to go often, are going to Happy Place due to one of the upcoming promotions advertised on the Boards.Looking forward to your new promotions. I always enjoy Happy Place
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
Last night July 22, I met a friend at Happy Place for their Bingo and then a Big Banana Night. I have always enjoyed the Bingo night. 100 baht per round, 3 winners per round. The prizes range from bottles of liquor and wine to certificates for dinners, and the final of the 3 rounds is a free off and 1000 baht for the boy you off (good until the end of the year). My friend won a free off and certificate for 250 baht at a local restaurant. Another won a 2000 baht certificate at Bruno's (?) and a free off. About 45 minutes later came the first "Big Banana" contest.The idea was that any Thai could enter free for prizes of 5000, 3000, or 1000 baht. This was the first time Happy Place held this contest. They had 7 contestants and all, in my opinion, could have won the contest. There was a group of judges and 3 customers were asked to spray water on the contestants wearing tight white underwear. After an elimination round, the final 3 appeared again. More spraying then the judges made their final decisions. Even though the judges picked the wrong boy to win (in my opinion) :D , it was fun. The bar was completely packed. Some customers could not gain entrance it was so full, but at the end of the contest the bar cleared quickly even though there was a cabaret show still to come.
The event really moved along. No delays. Good 2 hours (9:30 to 11:45) worth of fun.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
I don't post often but I was at the Boy's Bingo on Nov 22 and had a good time. The waiters were friendly and the dancers were ok. None seemed very old. The guys were all types. I did not see any problem. The drinks were priced more reasonably that many places in the area. The music was not loud so the friend I went there with could at least talk to each other, which is a plus! The bar had many customers.After Bingo we went to Funny Boys. There was also many customers there at about 11 pm. The short time I was there, I saw several guys "offed".Cafe Royale "Music Cafe", did not have any customers, again and only 1 customer on the terrace. It does not seem to be doing well.

November 3rd, 2011, 12:53
Pattayamale please do not try to be all sweet and innocent, I dont believe these people are all as foolish as you may believe.
with every compliment came a COMPLAINT about something. May I suggest that you refresh your memory and pull up ALL the correspondance that you have sent me and this time copy all the COMPLAINTS. You must have accidentally forgot to include those. :dontknow: :crybaby:
To refresh your memory so you dont leave any out, the fact that you were asked to move over 1 seat but had a temper tantrum for 20 minutes on my anniversary nite, the 10% off on the first nite of the promo, the jello shot incident, the free off incident and the one about Ball being sent off to eat so it was free. Afterall they need ALL the details in order to make a fair conclusion. Of course may omit the one about the loud music as I believe everyone has seen that one. You may also copy my final PM to you which stated that....well I wont do that until you say its ok, but the ones with complaints and my replies with my permission.

November 3rd, 2011, 13:07
Pattayamale please do not try to be all sweet and innocent, I dont believe these people are all as foolish as you may believe.
with every compliment came a COMPLAINT about something. May I suggest that you refresh your memory and pull up ALL the correspondance that you have sent me and this time copy all the COMPLAINTS. You must have accidentally forgot to include those.
To refresh your memory so you dont leave any out, the fact that you were asked to move over 1 seat but had a temper tantrum for 20 minutes on my anniversary nite, the 10% off on the first nite of the promo, the jello shot incident, the free off incident and the one about Ball being sent off to eat so it was free. Afterall they need ALL the details n order to make a fair conclusion.

Before I do post the PM's are you sure that doesn't violate BOARD POLICY??? I read something about that they are to be considered PRIVATE. Remember those that see them will also see what you have said. Since I have received a warning about violating board policy about making the identity of another poster known I do not want to violate any forum rules.

But since are requesting I do so just assure me that there will be no consequences.

November 3rd, 2011, 13:14
I "believe" every single complaint you sent me does not include "other" private info, but to make sure, why dont you send me a private copy of your next book for final review and to make sure you did not leave anything out before you post. :dontknow:

jinks
November 3rd, 2011, 14:15
ALL PM's are PRIVATE. All contents are PRIVATE.

This thread is currently not breaking the new rules however I might (not having had one for some time) have another "jinks" moment and delete the thread.

November 3rd, 2011, 14:24
jinks, I would strongly disagree with you that a PM is "always" private. When both parties agree that the contents may be made public, that will not violate the Rules and Guidelines.
Plus deleting the thread in its entirety definitley WOULD violate the guidelines. :tongue3:

November 3rd, 2011, 16:27
The idea (put forward here by certain individuals) that the customer is always right and is immune from criticism is outdated and ludicrous.
When I say "outdated" I do not mean that the idea was ever correct - just that in the past, service providers deferred to it.

I have worked with the "public" for over 30 years and whilst the vast majority are pleasant, fair, and decent people - there is a section who delight in being over-critical, who lie through their teeth, and who like to believe that the whole world revolves round their warped opinion of the service you are working hard to provide.

I have never had any difficulty in telling such people to take their money back, get off my premises, and never darken my doorstep again.
In over 30 years I have done this maybe half a dozen times and it is incredibly cathartic - it's like having a boil lanced!

November 4th, 2011, 01:10
PATTAYAMALE why dont you do yourself and the rest of us a favour ??
if you like happy place then please go there and enjoy it .. i.e. dont go there make out you enjoy it then do nothing but pick holes in the owner .. theres really nothing clever about going to a place you dont like just to make trouble for the owners .. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT FUCKING GO .. excuse my french ..
tell me was you the snotty kid at school who always licked around the teachers and tried to score brownie points by getting other people into trouble ?
i dont go to places i dont like you should try it ... i thank you

lonelywombat
November 6th, 2011, 17:28
pattayamale has just announced he is opening his own board, so you bullies will not be able to upset him anymore.
I cannot believe he is serious but that is a relief to all of us.

fascinating that if he follows another owner, he will be making most of the posts himself, under his many hydra non de plumes.

November 6th, 2011, 17:49
i was looking forward to being able to retire in pattaya in a few years time .. but now im not so sure
it seems to me to be a place that has a bit to much intruge .. the sort of place id imagine james bond would like to settle down in ...
i can just imagine different people sitting in different bars snuggled around different computers trying to work out what the guys in the other bars are typing and what different names they could be using ..
or i could open a bar called the spy bar and get all the m's to come in and type away slagging each other off in hyper spsce whilst buying each other drinks :party
who needs thai guys with their cocks hanging out when all this mystery is going on :lam:

Beachlover
December 3rd, 2011, 10:07
@Beachlover ....my posts go back to August 2004. so 90% of my posts are about Happy Place??
Just a correction... I said "90% of your OP [meaning original post] was focused on that one bar". I did not say 90 of your "posts". You misread.

The idea (put forward here by certain individuals) that the customer is always right and is immune from criticism is outdated and ludicrous.
Totally agree.

I have worked with the "public" for over 30 years... there is a section who delight in being over-critical, who lie through their teeth, and who like to believe that the whole world revolves round their warped opinion of the service you are working hard to provide.
I also agree with this. It also rings true in Netrix's comment that Pattaya has a large segment of sexpats/sex tourists who seem to think the world just revolves around them. It's like they have tunnel vision.

When you see the kind of life some of them lead and the lack of self awareness they display, it's not hard to imagine how they got that way. It must be a nightmare of a market to serve as a business owner.

pattayamale has just announced he is opening his own board...
Is it up yet? It might be healthy for him to have to look out for the needs of others for once.