PDA

View Full Version : Massage - smoking to be illegal

January 9th, 2006, 20:47
"Smoking ban in public places to be expanded
The Nation, Published on Jan 09 , 2006

Smokers in Thailand will soon be banned from smoking in hotel lobbies, health spas and trains, as the government expand the coverage of its ban on smoking in public places, the Public Health Ministry said Monday.

The new bans, scheduled to take effect by the end of the month, will also make it illegal to smoke in beauty salons and massage parlours, with fines starting at Bt2,000, the Health Ministry said. The new regulations will bar smoking in all trains, toughening an earlier ban that had applied only to air-conditioned train cars, said Saman Futrakul, a ministry spokesman.

Thailand, with a strong anti-smoking lobby, issued an extensive ban in 2002 on smoking in most air-conditioned public places, including department stores, shopping malls, restaurants, theaters and buses."

Smiles
January 10th, 2006, 21:08
Excellent!! :D

The more places on the ban list, the better.

Cheers ...

January 10th, 2006, 21:29
Can I use a nicotine inhaler in public? What about nicotine patches? Can I put the cigerette in my mouth if I don't light it (just to annoy the non smokers :lol: ) What if I wear a tshirt that says "I am currently smoking in public"

The things you can't do in public is on the up. I read about a UK woman who breast fed in public, being cautioned by the police! Some people are just a danger to society.

January 10th, 2006, 21:43
You can stick the cigarette in your ass as far as I'm concerned...as long as you don't light up I couldn't give a damn.

January 10th, 2006, 22:01
That might indeed be a faster way to get the nicotine into the blood!

sing_lofty_sing
January 11th, 2006, 02:37
My reply is" i dont come a shit in your face so dont put your smoke in mine"
I stopped useing pubs here in the UK because the smoke was affecting me, so the faster all public places become smoke free the better.

Dodger
January 11th, 2006, 05:22
I really don't care about the ban in places like hotel lobbies, heath spas and trains as long as they don't quit selling those little demons so cheap in public places like the Don Muang Airport. I save $20 U.S. dollars per carton there now and would hate to go back to buying them where they're made.

January 11th, 2006, 05:46
Smoke i love it !

Doug
January 11th, 2006, 06:21
No samoke. Is chuck wol still allowed?

elephantspike
January 11th, 2006, 08:35
I wonder if you'll still be able to smoke in the space between the cars on SRT? The side doors are usually left open, and the doors to the cars are sealed, so what's the harm in that?

January 11th, 2006, 09:42
SRT??

Society for the eradication of oblique and unnecessary acronyms

I did hear a funny one this morning on the radio

BOBFOC =

Body of Baywatch
Face of Crimewatch