PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa

Nabaat
October 21st, 2011, 18:09
Flying to the Uk via Germany, so thought a Schengen would be nice to spend a few days in Germany.

Applied on-line at https://service.diplo.de/visaextern/avauswahl.do

Rang and booked an appointment...bugger only one at 08.30, so that entailed a 5.30 a.m. departure from here in Pattaya. Now to get to the Embassy, use the Chonburi highway and exit at 2.12. This will drop you on the end of Sathorn road, drive to the opposite end near to Lumpini, do a U-turn and the Embassy is about 150 mts on your left.

Car parking is available next door at 100 baht an hour :crybaby: However, just before the Embassy, turn down Soi 1 and on your left is a parking "field" for 20 an hour :bounce: If you do miss Soi 1, carry on past the Embassy to Soi 6 (the old Immigration soi), turn left, then left after the old Imm Offices, follow the signs for Sathorn and this brings you out on Soi 1 - just like spinning round the block. The car park is 3 minutes walk from the Embasy.

The Visa section opens at 07.30, coffee etc available as well as photocopying in case you forgot something. We were in and out in 5 minutes :party

October 21st, 2011, 18:32
Sorry - I'm not understanding:

What nationality are you?

If you're German or from the EU, you surely don't need a Visa to visit Germany, UK, or indeed anywhere in the EU.

If your're (almost) any other nationality - can you explain how a Schengen Visa will get you into the UK as it is not party to the Schengen agreements.

I'm genuinely confused and I'm sure you can help me with it.

:happy7:

Nabaat
October 21st, 2011, 18:49
Ooops

I am from the UK, Thai partner needs the Schengen, aswell as the UK Visa as the UK is not part of the Shcengen Countries.

Sorry for the confusion.

wyrleyboy
October 22nd, 2011, 01:13
You can do this by post, free of charge and get your passport back within one week.
The Schengen visa can then be used for all Schengen countries.

colmx
October 22nd, 2011, 20:31
You can do this by post, free of charge and get your passport back within one week.
The Schengen visa can then be used for all Schengen countries.
Hi Wryleyboy - do you have a website addrress for teh postal application?

Seems like the German application requires the applican to present themselves at the local mission.

Ooops

I am from the UK, Thai partner needs the Schengen, aswell as the UK Visa as the UK is not part of the Shcengen Countries.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi Nabaat
I presume your BF already had the UK visa before applying for the Schengen?
You did not post about how easy (or hard) the application and subsequent interview was - and whether your BF got it or not!

Was thinking of taking my BF to Germany or Holland as part of his next visit to Ireland - and similar to the UK - that would require a schengen visa for him too...so any information is appreciated!

October 22nd, 2011, 22:54
Was thinking of taking my BF to Germany or Holland as part of his next visit to Ireland - and similar to the UK - that would require a schengen visa for him too...so any information is appreciated!

ive been to ireland many times i didnt realise going to germany and holland was considered a part of it ?? has europe moved again ?

October 22nd, 2011, 23:08

ive been to ireland many times i didnt realise going to germany and holland was considered a part of it ?? has europe moved again ?

Actually,

It has Yes,

China has just declared the UK a renegade state and has declared it is a former province of China and they will be making a claim to the UN in due course.

Meanwhile all UK citizens are advised that any travel with EVA air will be frowned upon by the authorities and preference will be given to travellers using China Air or Air China for trips to the Far East.

October 22nd, 2011, 23:11

Actually,

It has Yes,

China has just declared the UK a renegade state and has declared it is a former province of China and they will be making a claim to the UN in due course.

Meanwhile all UK citizens are advised that any travel with EVA air will be frowned upon by the authorities and preference will be given to travellers using China Air or Air China for trips to the Far East.
well you are close but not exact ... china has actually declared the u.k. to be a fucking state ... pretty much like the rest of europe ... the sad thing is its not fucking as fucking is in thailand :(

pong
October 23rd, 2011, 18:49
being in Schengen myself-here in the continent,I somehow recall that Schengen visa are given just by asking IF a proper UK-visitors visum is already in the passpt and it for just before/after that visit-max stay then just 1 month (not the proper 90 days in 180). But maybe this is also different for other countries and may not apply to Thai. I guess a Visum for Ireland would have the same right then. n you read German? this info should be on the website of the Deutscher Auslands/Ausw├дrtiges Amt.

wyrleyboy
October 24th, 2011, 01:38
Hi Nabaat

To be fair it did take quite some time to discover this. Firstly I tried agencies who infomed me that all applications had to be in person, so we tried to book an appointment at the German Embassy by automated telephone service, but could only get one several weeks ahead. We were going on a cruise, so I tried the other counties we were visiting, but it had to be the first port of call.

I looked on the German embassy web site and after a bit of searching, found that spouses and civil partners, did not have to go in person. I checked by phone (which was engaged for so long) that this was OK in our case. It was.

The actual visa application was very easy and straight forward, but to get the information was a bit of a trial.

Ironically we stopped at St Petersburg, I (UK) needed a Russian visa, my partner (Thai) did not.

Oh. Just one other thing, if you ever go on a cruise, you will require a visa for each port the ship calls at, even if you stay on board. Luckily for us just one Scengen visa was valid for all Shengen countries.