PDA

View Full Version : Tipping after massage

llondonboy
October 20th, 2011, 23:16
How much should I tip aftet a massage? Imtalking about a normal massage place, without ant happy ending,? Also with happy ending?

October 20th, 2011, 23:32
How much should I tip aftet a massage? Imtalking about a normal massage place, without ant happy ending,? Also with happy ending?
thats a new perversion .. an ant ending !!! do you need glasses to find its cock ?

llondonboy
October 21st, 2011, 01:18
Lol the joys of posting from a mobile! :laughing3:

So the question was a traditional Thai massage what would be the normal tip please?

Also when I've had them in the past sometimes the masseur gives extras, what should the tip be in those situations?

Not talking about the sex/massage places just the normal places you find all over the place!

sing_lofty_sing
October 21st, 2011, 01:52
Just a normal body ,head or foot massage 100bt is my tip. With happy ending 500bt is a good tip. As you said just a normal massage place.
LOL normal for Thailand that is

cameroncat
October 21st, 2011, 02:22
Of course, it depends on how much you are paying for the massage. Last time while staying in bangkok, there was a small massage place nearby that only charged 90 baht for a one hour massage. A 20 baht tip made them very happy.

latintopxxx
October 21st, 2011, 03:13
thanks cameroncat...I sat thanks at last someone who tips appropriately....so tired of all the posers who claim to throw bag fulls of cash at boys for sub par service.....my massage (oil, naked boy, happy ending always) costs BHT400 + BHT200 tip at the VERY most...

bucknaway
October 21st, 2011, 03:47
One Million Seven Hundred and Forty Two Baht, 4 Satang... Down to the exact Satang is what I claim to tip and no one can prove me wrong! :8(

In all honesty. Most places that are gay massage will show what a minimum is for the tip. And I will add to that... There was a joke about the minimum wage... Paying a person the minimum wage is like saying "I would pay you less, but it's against the law!" hehehehe

loke
October 21st, 2011, 04:33
I tip anything between 100 and 1000 baht , it depends on the place,

I recently found out that Bonny massage is not cheap but its a good expericence.

pong
October 21st, 2011, 17:41
I
I recently found out that Bonny massage is not cheap but its a good expericence.
THis tipically is not the place indicated in the original question.
The answer would be: there is no set rate nor guideline that suits all. In normal-along the street or in a big shop THAI style places that mainly have thai as customer-no tip is needed or even expected. Which might for a smarter reader already indicate what would be appropriate if still wanted to give-not so much. With prices rounded at 50/100-these amounts for a Thai also indiacte no tip is expected-otherwise it would be like 90 or 180 or so-obvious.
For a choose between dozens and garanteed low price and Thai-firm massage in basic surroundings, very clean: soi 77/1 or 77/2-from ONNUT BTS toward the former Carrefour/now BigC=away from the tesco along main Onnut road. Thai style : 100 bt/hr, oil: 250/hr. Leave shoes outside-they will be safe there.

loke
October 21st, 2011, 17:52
I
THis tipically is not the place indicated in the original question.
The answer would be: there is no set rate nor guideline that suits all. In normal-along the street or in a big shop THAI style places that mainly have thai as customer-no tip is needed or even expected. Which might for a smarter reader already indicate what would be appropriate if still wanted to give-not so much. With prices rounded at 50/100-these amounts for a Thai also indiacte no tip is expected-otherwise it would be like 90 or 180 or so-obvious.
For a choose between dozens and garanteed low price and Thai-firm massage in basic surroundings, very clean: soi 77/1 or 77/2-from ONNUT BTS toward the former Carrefour/now BigC=away from the tesco along main Onnut road. Thai style : 100 bt/hr, oil: 250/hr. Leave shoes outside-they will be safe there.

But you are referring to massage places not for gays right ? And no happy ending?

I think the gay massage places expect a tip, and I have seen Thai customers giving tip .

christianpfc
October 21st, 2011, 23:53
In normal-along the street or in a big shop THAI style places that mainly have thai as customer-no tip is needed or even expected.
As far as I know, the masseurs live completely on the tip (or their part from the money you pay for the massage parlor is very low). There was an article on shamelessmack about the plight of massage boys (or more generally masseurs of all kind). Therefore I always tip. For 1 h non-sexual massage I usually tip 100 Baht, for happy ending I so far I probably overtipped in a region of 800-1200 Baht (you can get short time for that).

cameroncat
October 22nd, 2011, 07:43
The 90 baht massage + 20 baht tip WAS NOT a sex massage, just to clear things up. Just a legit massage. Any kind of pseudo massage which is actually paying for sex would of course involve much larger tips.

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2011, 06:01
I think 20 Baht per hour is approximately what a waiter or staff at 7/11 earns per hour, every hour they are at work. Assuming that masseurs only get the tips from customers (and nothing from the massage parlor) and wait 3 h for customer and then work 1 h they need an hourly tip of 80 Baht (but only once every 4 hours, of which 3 hours are waiting for customer) to earn the same as those? These numbers are rough approximations, but I see most of the massage staff waiting for customers most of the time. Does anyone have better numbers?

colmx
October 23rd, 2011, 06:13
For non-sexual massage i usually tip the massage rate....
e.g. 200B Massage = 200B Tip on top of massage payment
Same for 250/300 etc

francois
October 23rd, 2011, 09:52
What you suggest Colmx is a fair tip; a practice I follow . Although most of the massages I receive are of a more intimate nature and require a more generous tip.

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2011, 21:20
If the massage shop's price is within the 250-400 baht range and the massage is good, I tend to tip 100-200 baht for a decent massage If the massage isn't much good (you do occasionally get therapists who don't really know what they're doing, even in Thailand) I tip less or nothing at all.

If I really like the therapist and intend to go back there for a few days I sometimes more, 300-400+ and will get fantastic service and availability after that. I tend to be fairly generous tipping for services, which are very personal and variable (i.e. a great massage therapist can be a huge difference from a lousy one).

If it's a more premium massage shop or spa in the 500-1,200 baht range I will tip up to around 200-500 baht for a good massage, depending on a few factors.

Whatever everyone else does, if you tip 100 baht, you'll be fine. I don't think there's any big rule of thumb. If you think the guy did a fantastic job and want to tip more, then do it.

christianpfc
October 23rd, 2011, 23:46
For non-sexual massage i usually tip the massage rate....
e.g. 200B Massage = 200B Tip on top of massage payment
Same for 250/300 etc
I so far usually tipped half the massage rate (for normal massage).

If only someone had first-and numbers what is expected/appropriate!

In Thai Massage Boy (Soi 6, under Super A) I had to pay upfront: 500 Baht + 1000 Baht tip. That's how I like it: no discussion, no surprises, no uncertainty (on my part) how much to tip.

October 26th, 2011, 16:22
I'm in Pattaya and like to frequent the massage places near Dot Com. 1 hour massage is 300B. I tip on average 200B (I always orally satisfy the masseur to completion and on occasion will have kissing and/or mutual oral. I tipped 300B the last time because the masseur was a great kisser and gave me great oral.

newalaan
October 26th, 2011, 21:09
I'm in Pattaya and like to frequent the massage places near Dot Com. 1 hour massage is 300B. I tip on average 200B (I always orally satisfy the masseur to completion and on occasion will have kissing and/or mutual oral. I tipped 300B the last time because the masseur was a great kisser and gave me great oral.This post is so ridiculous i'm not even sure it's genuine but i'll bite anyway. Any sexual interaction is equivalent to short time sex in my book and that should be Bt1000 (┬г20 for godsake!), at very worst Bt500-Bt800. Yes they will accept less, especially if given no choice! A tip of Bt300 (about ┬г6) is a disgrace for sexual services, especially where the masseur gave great service in kissing and oral, i would be embarrassed to pay such a pittance. I can't believe anyone would pay so small an amount as bt200 (around ┬г4) for any type of sexual services, the boys must fight for the privilege of servicing you when your enter the massage door. I also can't believe that not only could anyone could be so cheap but then go on to a forum and admit it. God there are some real cheap shits out there.

I'll ignore latintopxxx's usual deliberate button-pushing on any subject regarding sexual services in Thailand for money.

Colmx tip rule is very fair for non-sexual, if the massage and time given to you is an hour bt200 is reasonable, but for sure as Cameroncat noted, far more than normal massage places (esp outwith farang areas)would expect or thais would pay or be expected to pay for tip.

cdnmatt
October 26th, 2011, 21:18
I'm in Pattaya and like to frequent the massage places near Dot Com. 1 hour massage is 300B. I tip on average 200B (I always orally satisfy the masseur to completion and on occasion will have kissing and/or mutual oral. I tipped 300B the last time because the masseur was a great kisser and gave me great oral.

Careful, don't be too generous now...

October 27th, 2011, 00:26
I'm in Pattaya and like to frequent the massage places near Dot Com. 1 hour massage is 300B. I tip on average 200B (I always orally satisfy the masseur to completion and on occasion will have kissing and/or mutual oral. I tipped 300B the last time because the masseur was a great kisser and gave me great oral.This post is so ridiculous i'm not even sure it's genuine but i'll bite anyway. Any sexual interaction is equivalent to short time sex in my book and that should be Bt1000 (┬г20 for godsake!), at very worst Bt500-Bt800. Yes they will accept less, especially if given no choice! A tip of Bt300 (about ┬г6) is a disgrace for sexual services, especially where the masseur gave great service in kissing and oral, i would be embarrassed to pay such a pittance. I can't believe anyone would pay so small an amount as bt200 (around ┬г4) for any type of sexual services, the boys must fight for the privilege of servicing you when your enter the massage door. I also can't believe that not only could anyone could be so cheap but then go on to a forum and admit it. God there are some real cheap shits out there.

I'll ignore latintopxxx's usual deliberate button-pushing on any subject regarding sexual services in Thailand for money.

Colmx tip rule is very fair for non-sexual, if the massage and time given to you is an hour bt200 is reasonable, but for sure as Cameroncat noted, far more than normal massage places (esp outwith farang areas)would expect or thais would pay or be expected to pay for tip.

Thanks for the flame newalaan. I think you're probably just jealous since your masseurs need to wear latex gloves and nose plugs when they work on your tired old corpse. Anyways...

I don't think a 100% tip is embarrassing, and their reaction to the tip did not show otherwise. This is not the high season, it's a buyer's market, and as you stated, they compete for my business. It makes no sense for me to pay them more then a minimum daily wage for an hours work. I've been to this place a few times, tried different boys, and it seems the service is getting better each time I cum <sic>, thus I cannot be offending them too much.

loke
October 27th, 2011, 03:21
And what is the name of this place?

I will have a look next time , do they accept coins as tip?

October 27th, 2011, 04:08
The place is called Som Jit massage
http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/som-jit/