PDA

View Full Version : Off fee and tip for Chaing Mai

aot871
October 20th, 2011, 17:19
No having been to chaing mai for well over 10 yrs , does any one know the price of an off fee plus tip for short and long time ,

pong
October 21st, 2011, 17:31
same-same as anywhere else in Thaild and there have been plenty of recent postings with very same Q re BK/Pattaya. And no-there is no set govmt fixed price or so for that- its a free market. Thus different places will have different... got it?
Off from a gogo will be 200-400, lower from a coffeeshop/sitbar, the ''tip'' for short/long anywhere between 7/1500 or 1/2000. CM should be on the lower side though-by history. Via GRomeo you avoid the off. A massage in a gay place would cost roughly same as an off-but the massage and all that is hence paid for. Your male therapist will expect something in the short range-most places will have a minimum tip on their menu-this is enough in most cases too. Various reports from the last year or 2 indicate an oversupply of willing but not very able Karen/Shan ''Burmese'' slightly semilegal (hilltribe also mentioned) boys monopolising the trade. From my longer back memory there were loads of Isan and BK students escaping their gossipping hometowns.

BonTong
October 23rd, 2011, 11:58
Hi, after years of lurking, this board seems to be changing for the better so thought we'd give it a go :hello2: Nice to see our friends at Nicky's Gay Pattaya sponsoring it too!

I live in Chiang Mai and have some idea about current offs/tips, though please understand, not from first hand experience :8(

The main host bars: Adam's Apple, Free Guy, New My Way and Circle Pub, have offs varying 200-400 depending on the bar/day. Most of the Boys are straight Shan or Tai Yai (From Burma) and "expect" 1000Bt tip, even if they don't do too much. No great distinction between short and long time, though longer than overnight subject to discussion.

Some of the real pro muscle boys at Circle Pub will want more, but will usually tell you that up front.

The two farang safe Karaokes: Relax and Barocco are same as above. The others AYOR; they follow the lady bar Karaoke model and can be VERY expensive.

Massage - depends on services delivered. Minimum 500Bt is the norm, 1000Bt+ for a job well done. Some places were trying to impose a minimum 750Bt tip for Farangs. Anything over 500Bt charge for one hour massage (plus tip) is excessive.

Freelancers: Sleaze Alley bars at Night Bazaar 500Bt up. No off fee apart from for the actual bar staff except, if they think you are a newbie, sometimes these bars try to charge an off fee, even though the freelancer is nothing to do with them! Freelancers: Thapae Gate 300Bt up (But you'll probably loose your watch, wallet and mobile phone)! Again AYOR, most of the freelancers in Chiang Mai are hill tribe guys with no ID be very careful!

Hope that helps.

christianpfc
October 24th, 2011, 00:14
Freelancers: Sleaze Alley bars at Night Bazaar 500Bt up.
Can someone describe exactly where Sleaze Alley is? I went to Chiang Mai only once for 3 days without much preparation, but then I rememberd that I read about Sleaze Alley, but neither found a place that fits the name or could get a direction from friends. Next time I want to check it out.

BonTong
October 25th, 2011, 20:51
Freelancers: Sleaze Alley bars at Night Bazaar 500Bt up.
Can someone describe exactly where Sleaze Alley is? I went to Chiang Mai only once for 3 days without much preparation, but then I rememberd that I read about Sleaze Alley, but neither found a place that fits the name or could get a direction from friends. Next time I want to check it out.
Sleaze Alley is at the Night Bazaar in Thapae Soi 1 which runs between Thapae Rd and Loy Kroh Road behind the Main Night Bazaar Building and D2 Hotel. It's roughly opposite the rear exit from D2 Hotel and next to the Foxy lady - girl go-go bar (AKA locally as Poxy Lady :dontknow: ). A narrow alley with four or five (depending what's open) outdoor beer bars with young hilltribe boys free lancing around the bars.

You can read more here, including a link to a map to help you find it Night Bazaar bars on Radhcada.com (http://www.radchada.com/chiang-mai-gay-bars-clubs-pubs.html#Peakbars) Our website also includes a single page .pdf file with all Chiang Mai's gay venues listed along with addresses in Thai for your Tuk-Tuk driver. You can download it here. (http://www.radchada.com/Downloads.html)

Hope that helps.

christianpfc
October 27th, 2011, 01:38
Thank you very much. So when I went to Secrets I was actually in Sleaze Alley, but I didn't recognize it because there were no available boys hanging out on the street (but in the bars, however all over 18 and no drugs as far as I can judge).

I had a printout of the gay venues (pdf from your website) with me, it was helpful.

aot871
October 27th, 2011, 03:22
Are the freelancers that tend to be around the garden bar at the lotus safe to off or are they also ayor

October 27th, 2011, 17:37
At your own risk is always the best approach -- just like defensive driving!

Garden Bar @ Lotus Hotel is a much better atmosphere than at Sleaze Alley. Most guys at Garden Bar are OK, some are very nice, and some are to be avoided. Just ask bartender Bo about someone you are interested in meeting. He has done two small favors for me recently & I find him to be a stand up guy.

I have never had a drink at Sleaze Alley because of it's reputation, but Bontong is correct about the guys there. I've gone to Foxy Lady right next door four times this month with straight friends and I used to visit a couple of the Peak bars nearby before it closed down.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the safety of the freelancers on Viangbua than about the safety of the Johns. Unprotected sex, ignorance on STDs/HIV, Cheap Charlies, etc. True story: Last weekend, a guest at Viangbua Mansion offed three guys from Adam's Apple and did not pay them for services rendered. One guy grabbed the John's camera. It was returned by a burly "representative" of Adam's Apple after payment.