PDA

View Full Version : New visitor questions - Bangkok

October 18th, 2011, 05:20
I am going to be over in Asia for six months for work starting at the beginning of the year - mostly in China.

I have always wanted to go to Thailand and experience the guys there, just always been a fantasy of mine. Everything seems so free there and the guys are so attractive. I am a 26 yo who is in very good shape and is not bad looking. My questions are as follows:

Will I have my choice of Thai boys?
Where are the most attractive guys in Bangkok?
How much should I expect to pay for a night?

I have some nerves around going to trolling for guys, but excited to experience everything that I read on this forum. You all inspire me to just get on the plane and come lose myself in Thailand!

cameroncat
October 18th, 2011, 11:53
If you're 26, in shape and "not bad looking", I doubt you will have to pay for sex (unless you prefer to hehe). Just go to any of the big dance clubs in Bangkok (especially the ones that cater to Thai's instead of Farangs), and you will find plenty of young horny thai guys (that aren't money boys). You can also check Gayromeo.com for non-professional local boys. Just put "No Moneyboys Please" right in your Bio.

netrix
October 18th, 2011, 13:04

yes
everywhere
nothing

... just get on the plane and come lose myself in Thailand!

exactly

Beachlover
October 18th, 2011, 21:52
Yep... they're good looking but they're not objects.

Just go to one of the gay discos/nightclubs. Thai boys are really friendly, welcoming and easy to chat up! Charming and great fun to hang out with.

Alternatively, I've had a few Thai friend tell me Chakran is the sauna where young Thais go but haven't checked it out myself as I don't tend to like saunas unless there's no other option for meeting guys. I've been to Babylon sauna a couple of times and this is more farang oriented but didn't see many good lookers there.

If you're talking about a night out...

- Single drinks like beers and such are 100 baht in most discos and nightclubs

- If you buy a bottle of whisky with a group of guys it can be 1,500 to 2,500 baht at a disco

- DJ Station, which is a big nightclub in Silom charges 100-200 baht for entry but this includes 1-2 drinks.

lexusgs
October 18th, 2011, 22:49
I am going to be over in Asia for six months for work starting at the beginning of the year - mostly in China.

I have always wanted to go to Thailand and experience the guys there, just always been a fantasy of mine. Everything seems so free there and the guys are so attractive. I am a 26 yo who is in very good shape and is not bad looking. My questions are as follows:

I have some nerves around going to trolling for guys, but excited to experience everything that I read on this forum. You all inspire me to just get on the plane and come lose myself in Thailand!

I spent 3 months in China on business last year. Mainly in a nondescript city called Wuhu. I also spent time in Shanghai with a couple of side trips to Bejing. The gay clubs in the larger cities were awesome and the Chinese guys are hot mate! Don't limit yourself to dreaming about Thailand. The scene in China is just great. I had a work colleague who was able to show me the sights though which helped a lot. Where are you going to be based?

October 19th, 2011, 09:12
Can anyone provide any recommendations for clubs? Also, is the Babylon Spa a good place to stay?

I know that the Thai's are not objects, want to make sure I got that out there!

dab69
October 22nd, 2011, 04:24
http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/map/1/1/

babylon- ewww.... not for me

"how much for a night?"

company ~$50/night
hotel ~$35-60/night

my budget around $150/day when traveling, but can way exceed that the first
couple days as I am happy to be there after a year long absence

cameroncat
October 22nd, 2011, 07:36
Babylon Hotel has communal bathrooms and is a bit of a walk to anything else. Recommend you pick one of the other gay oriented hotels in the Silom area. Tarntawan is always a safe bet for a first timer. http://www.tarntawan.com/

netrix
October 22nd, 2011, 11:17
a lot of gay visitors recommend staying at one of the "gay" hotels
in silom. but if your budget is enough to afford babylon, then there
are plenty of nicer places to stay. in fact any hotel with good reviews
on agoda will be friendly to gays (they all are). you don't need to worry
about being close to the action... it's easy to get around in bangkok.
i've been a dozen times and have never stayed in silom area.

dab69
October 23rd, 2011, 07:01
http://www.nickysgaybangkok.com/gay-ban ... map-n-sil/ (http://www.nickysgaybangkok.com/gay-bangkok/n-silom/map-n-sil/)

cameroncat
October 23rd, 2011, 07:39
Public Transportation (The Subway and Skytrain) are great, but they close at midnight. If you are a "Night Owl" and are not staying in the Silom area, be aware you will be doing a lot of cab riding..

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2011, 21:27
Can anyone provide any recommendations for clubs?
Start with DJ Station in Silom as this is easiest. The entrance is a small alley (you'll see a checkpoint with a metal detector) which runs off Silom Rd underneath Sala Daeng Skytrain Station and to the right of Burger King.

Stick to the ground floor dance floor if you want to avoid the moneyboys. Plenty of foreigners but also lots of Thais here. Gets going around 11:30pm/12-midnight and is busy 7 nights a week (absolutely packed on Fri/Sat nights).

Search other threads on this forum to find out about other places.

Also, is the Babylon Spa a good place to stay?
I agree with Cameroncat/Netrix... it's expensive for budget-standard accommodation, you don't get your own ensuite bathroom and the location's on a quiet street. Not convenient for going anywhere. There's heaps of other better hotels, depending on what you want to spend.

Getting a cab everywhere at night is no problem as they're dirt cheap and traffic is usually fine late at night. I often get cabs in Bangkok, even if I could get a skytrain to where I'm going, simply because it's quicker then waiting for a train.