PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Krabi?

October 16th, 2011, 17:46
Hi Everyone,

Im going to Thailand for the first time, and to top it off, alone. Its a bit of a recharge/refresh/reflect trip.

Can anyone advise on gay/gay-friendly bars, as well as well as places for massage. Im not sure how I feel about "special" massages, but if they right masseur was there, I'd probably consider it.

Also, I don't get into BKK until 10pm for a layover until 1pm the next day. Im staying close to the hotel. Any massage places to go or massage services after a 10 hour flight to relax?

Cheers

Beachlover
October 16th, 2011, 21:18
I don't get into BKK until 10pm for a layover until 1pm the next day. Im staying close to the hotel...
I assume you meant to say you're staying close to the airport. I don't think there's anything to do there.

I would recommend getting a room in the city and getting out and about. Especially for such a long layover. You might want to leave your hotel to do things a few times and won't like being out in the middle of no where. Easier to stay in the city and just do one trip there and one trip back.

Takes 30-40 mins to get to the city so if you're landing at 10pm, you should be checked in between 11pm-12-midnight, which is when discos/nightclubs get going. Probably easiest to stay in Silom. If you're just there for 12 hours, I reckon the most convenient hotels in Silom would probably be...

1. Dusit Thani Bangkok, if you're after a high-end place. It's relatively cheap for 5-stars (all of Bangkok is cheap for hotels) so you should be able get a room for 3,000-5,000 baht/night (AUD$100-$150). Request a deluxe room (superior rooms aren't very good in this hotel) overlooking the park, on a high floor if possible, and you'll wake up to a gorgeous view of Lumpini Park and the Bangkok skyline.

2. Ballys Studio Suites Silom, if you're after a budget place. I used to get rooms here for around $60/night a few years ago but looks like they may have dropped their rates. It's on Silom Rd right next to DJ Station and there's several massage shops within a 5 minute walking radius. http://www.ballys-studio.com/silom/

Allow 45 mins to taxi back to the airport from there but I've found around the midday mark it can be done in as little as 25 mins.

Any massage places to go or massage services after a 10 hour flight to relax?

1. There are LOTS and lots of spas and massage places along Silom Rd. Just pick whichever one you like the look of. They'll probably ask if you want a male or female therapist (if they don't ask, tell them). You should be able to get a professional massage at most of them and sometimes if they're gay and you look horny, they'll offer to play around afterwards, which you can accept or decline. A lot of them close around midnight.

The alternative is to get a massage at your hotel's spa but it's a good idea to book in advance as it'll be pretty late.

2. If you want to go to a disco, the easiest for a first time visitor is probably DJ Station, which is in Silom. This place is awesome... easy meet and chat up guys on the dance floor. If you want to avoid moneyboys, avoid the second and third levels and stick to the ground level dance floor. It gets busy just before midnight and usually closes sometime between 2am-3am.

3. If you're looking for gogo bars, "Soi Twilight" is in Silom... for first time visitors, even if you're not interested in prostitution, it's worth checking out the shows. Most of them have a show around the 12-midnight or 12:30 mark.

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 11:50
Hi Everyone,

Im going to Thailand for the first time, and to top it off, alone. Its a bit of a recharge/refresh/reflect trip.

Can anyone advise on gay/gay-friendly bars, as well as well as places for massage. Im not sure how I feel about "special" massages, but if they right masseur was there, I'd probably consider it.

Also, I don't get into BKK until 10pm for a layover until 1pm the next day. Im staying close to the hotel. Any massage places to go or massage services after a 10 hour flight to relax?

Cheers

Dude,

Don't forget to check out Gayromeo, Manjam and Gaydar. Grindr is a great source of hot guys in BKK also....arriving so late you could easily pick up a nice guy online or have a great massage in your room. For a first time stay I would recommend Le Meridien on Suriwong Road. Great hotel, nice vibe and great value right in the heart of the action. Walking distance to all the delights if that's what you're looking for. The Dusit is a little tired nowadays...

cameroncat
October 17th, 2011, 12:11
Krabi is beautiful and very fun. But keep in mind it's pretty much BYOB (Bring Your Own Boy)

October 20th, 2011, 09:57
Thanks for the comments. I think I asked too much in one question. So if anyone is an expert on Krabi, and has any ideas of stuff to do, feel free to message me or post.

Thanks!

lonelywombat
October 20th, 2011, 18:38
At the top right hand side of the forum page is the search feature Type in Krabi. There will be a lot of chaff but some good points as well.

That is all that has been posted

pong
October 21st, 2011, 17:36
note this:
Krabi-as all other Thai local names too-is both the name of the provincial captial and the name of the whole province. There are distinct areas : Krabi town and the tourist-enclave of Ao nang-a kind of non-island but still only reachable by boat, which may make a hige difference in what to expect. As always: any normal uptodate guidebook has the full details. Perhaps start with actually looking where you are booked to stay.........
Whereas Krabi-town reportedly has gained a kind of ''gay'' massageshop recently (or simply a shop offering a bit more if so inclided), for the rest it is indeed: BYO(boy) or trust on pot-luck.