PDA

View Full Version : laminated passport pages

October 16th, 2011, 17:07
being a bit of a dimbo it wasnt until i started reading this board that i even knew i was surposed to have my passport on me at all times .. i have never even thought to carry mine with me, it always stays locked in the safe.
but a few of you have mentioned having the laminated copies of the important pages .. so where abouts in bkk can i do this ?? im guessing it wouldnt be to difficult .. thanks in advance :hello2:

October 16th, 2011, 17:23
This topic has been covered so many times, but to cut it short unless you are going off up country or away from the main tourist areas, you don't need to (even though one is told they do) carry your passport. It is very unlikely that you will ever be asked to produce it, unless you are misbehaving. If you want to then just run off a photcopy of the main page and your current visa page and keep it in your wallet.

TOQ
October 16th, 2011, 17:40
being a bit of a dimbo it wasnt until i started reading this board that i even knew i was surposed to have my passport on me at all times .. i have never even thought to carry mine with me, it always stays locked in the safe.
but a few of you have mentioned having the laminated copies of the important pages .. so where abouts in bkk can i do this ?? im guessing it wouldnt be to difficult .. thanks in advance :hello2:

Any photo store can do it for you. They can reduce the pages you need down to wallet size then laminate it. Not expensive at all. Get the photo ID page and the visa stamp page done. One on the front, one on the back.

Beachlover
October 16th, 2011, 20:28
Ask your hotel's reception desk to do the photocopying as they usually photocopy your passport on check in anyway. Whenever I need a copy of my passport on the road, I just ask whatever hotel I'm checking into to make two copies instead of one.

Failing that, go to your hotel's business centre. I've never tried getting something laminated before so not sure if hotels usually have that facility but you can always try. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with laminating. The small incremental benefit isn't worth the additional effort.

I carry my passport as I often need it to get into nightclubs but I know you don't usually have to carry it, despite what they say (highly unlikely worst case scenario is you spend a few hours in jail until they can verify whatever they need).

If you get it photocopied, make sure you get a copy of the page with the immigration entry stamp too. If police are checking your passport they'll probably want to check you're not overstaying.

October 16th, 2011, 23:37
cheers all specially beachy i think ill go without it .. the thought of all that free sex whilst in jail is to hard to resist :party

October 16th, 2011, 23:50
i think ill go without it .. the thought of all that free sex whilst in jail is to hard to resist :party

Don't wish for something that you might well regret brithai......

October 17th, 2011, 00:28
thanks for the advice combat ... you may well find i wasnt being serious :hello2:

October 17th, 2011, 04:42
thanks for the advice combat ... you may well find i wasnt being serious :hello2:

Ditto

jvt22222
October 17th, 2011, 08:46
In Pattaya, there is a great little Mail Boxes, Etc. - type place on the bottom floor of the big Central Festival Shopping Mall ....... it just moved to directly across from the checkout lines of the Super Market in the basement .....they have lots of capabilities -- one of which is reduced photocopying and laminating ...... just did this last week for the ID page of my passport and the retirement visa page ...... I do this once a year upon renewal of my retirement visa.