PDA

View Full Version : Hearing aid testing and suppliers.

lonelywombat
October 15th, 2011, 18:01
Many friends and friends of friends have come to Pattaya for their dental work. All have been delighted with the costs and the quality of the work.

My friend with a hearing loss needs new hearing aids, and asked me where to go in Pattaya and what savings he might expect on top of the range equipment..

Can anybody help please.

zubes
October 15th, 2011, 19:06
I was quoted 100,000 baht for the latest technology of hearing aids, company was DMED who operate out of one of the private hospitals.

mahjongguy
October 16th, 2011, 04:37
I was quoted 100,000 baht for the latest technology of hearing aids, company was DMED who operate out of one of the private hospitals.
DMED has a desk in the pharmacy with the big green sign across Sukhumvit from Boonthavorn building supplies. 038716919. 0891686335.

Buy direct and save 20% compared to in-hospital pricing.

lonelywombat
October 16th, 2011, 05:57
Thanks for the replies. He has been quoted at almost 300,000 baht which he has not been prepared to pay.

He said to me this morning the difference is 2 trips to Thailand. I guess he will be taking your suggestion seriously.

He is till keen to read any more comments, as he has a month before he plans to leave.

He gets a maximum of less than 30,000 baht refund on his health insurance.

travelerjim
October 16th, 2011, 05:59
DMED has a desk in the pharmacy with the big green sign across Sukhumvit from Boonthavorn building supplies. 038716919. 0891686335.

Buy direct and save 20% compared to in-hospital pricing.

I have used D-Med...they are great!

However, I recommend you go to their Chonburi City location..
which IS their Thailand Service Center.

OR, be sure you get the promo prices...IF you buy at another D-Med location.

I will buy a NEW Widex next week for about 30,000 Thai baht.
..NO need to payu 100,000 Thai baht...

Widex has worldwide service and guarantee for 1 year too...worldwide.
D-Med has a current promo...buy 1 hearing aide 40% discount..but buy 2 at 50% off.

HOWEVER...Tell them you want one at 50% off..they will sell it to you.

In need of hearing aide service...repairs? etc...the Chonburi City location IS the
Thai service center..usually repairs made in 1 hour..and reasonable prices too.

http://www.dmedhearing.com/contact.php?typeof=contact
http://www.dmedhearing.com/service.php?typeof=service#

Buying a NEW aide...?? get it in about 1 hour or in 3-4 hours too...if in-ear mold is needed.
they do the testing on site...and computer adjust it for you as well.

pm me if added info needed..
DMed knows how to take care!

tj

October 16th, 2011, 06:33
Pardon?

October 16th, 2011, 17:00
Pardon?
i was waiting for that to happen :hello1: