PDA

View Full Version : Xmas hotel and condo bookings Pattaya

lonelywombat
October 15th, 2011, 13:27
It is good to hear after the last 2 years, that demand is picking up for the high season. Friends have tried for Poseiden and Mosaik and several of the condo booking agencies, without luck

It would be helpful if expats that have the chance would give an update, of where there are rooms and condos available for the high season.

This would not be considered as advertising, but as a community service to help put some life and cash back into Gay Pattaya.

paperboy
October 17th, 2011, 19:52
what is actually high season???
by the sound of it all, after reading this board for over 1 year,
its really just about 8 weeks of the year!!!!
Can a holiday resort survive on 8 or even 12 weeks a year of high season ???
i live in a holiday resort and its on season about 10 months of the year.
So how long can Pattaya last with the numbers dropping , the high season
shrinking, prices risesing the bad press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just a thought.

cameroncat
October 18th, 2011, 02:05
I consider "High Season" basically Nov through end of Feb. By March the weather turns too blasted HOT.
Most popular gay hotels in Pattaya seem to sell out for Dec/Jan by now.

October 18th, 2011, 02:17
i was there in april/ may last year and i didnt consider it to be to hot .. and im not a person who likes the heat so much.. and the breeze off the beach is perfect to spend most afternoons if you suffer from the heat ... beer brolly and boys .. what could be better ??

October 18th, 2011, 10:01
1-11 until 1-2 is high season (Xmas and New Year)
2-2 until 12-4 is low season
13-4 until 20-4 is medium-high season (Songkran)
21-4- until 1-7 is low season
1-7 until 1-9 is medium-high season (Holidays in most Western Countries)
1-9 until 31-10 is low season.

SlaveDriver
October 20th, 2011, 08:51
Joseph44 ........ Good breakdown of seasons.

Could you please relate these seasons in terms of

1. Rates of Hotels

2. Airfare costs

3. Availabllity of guys at the Bars

I am asking for cost/benefit analysis from you as I see you as someone with common sense in the forum. :party

Patexpat
October 20th, 2011, 12:29
The reality is that many of my clients in the hospitality sector are reporting bookings for high and peak season well up on the previous few years, and the airport buses from Suwanaboom to Pattaya are already running duplicate services to cope with demand. It won't be like the 'old days' but hopefully a decent high season is ahead.

witchhunt
October 20th, 2011, 13:04
Slavedriver you sound just like a former traffic ranger that did a part time course at TAFE and now is an expert . POQ.

Mosaik when I called in last week, was virtually booked out all rooms. After being all but empty in August looks good for the high season

October 20th, 2011, 17:00
Joseph44 ........ Good breakdown of seasons.

Could you please relate these seasons in terms of

1. Rates of Hotels: low - mid - high as 80% - 100% - 125% (on XMas Eve and New Years Eve bigger hotels charge for a Xmas and New Years Eve. Charge is from THB 400 up to THB 2500 for life music, buffet/dinner and drinks).

2. Airfare costs: little bit same. Try some booking sites and simulate some dates; you'll see for yourself.

3. Availabllity of guys at the Bars: Boys are all year around apart from Songkran and New Years Eve.

I am asking for cost/benefit analysis from you as I see you as someone with common sense in the forum. :party

To be honest, I don't know about cost analysis; I live here, work here and hardly go out, but apart from accommodation (approx. THB 1500/night) you might need another THB 1000 for food, transport, day time entertainment, etc.
As soon as you go out, hunt for boys, take them off and entertain THEM, add another THB 3000-THB 4000 per day/off (incl. drinks, food, tips and entertainment). Of course this can be lower, but it can be much higher. Amounts of THB 100,000 per day partying in Pattaya or Bangkok are not rare.

aot871
October 20th, 2011, 17:15
Im not sure partying costs of 100,000bht per day are common any more

christianpfc
October 20th, 2011, 23:30
Most hotels I know distinguish (i.e. have different prices) for high and low season, some have even three different prices.

To be honest, I don't know about cost analysis; I live here, work here and hardly go out, but apart from accommodation (approx. THB 1500/night) you might need another THB 1000 for food, transport, day time entertainment, etc.
As soon as you go out, hunt for boys, take them off and entertain THEM, add another THB 3000-THB 4000 per day/off (incl. drinks, food, tips and entertainment). Of course this can be lower, but it can be much higher. Amounts of THB 100,000 per day partying in Pattaya or Bangkok are not rare.

I recently posted a complete overview over all my expenses during a 20 day holiday in Thailand. I spend on average 4000 Baht per day (same for high season and low season, including the one or other boy from a bar). For me, spending more than 1000 Baht per night for hotel can rarely be justified.

Boys are all year around apart from Songkran and New Years Eve.
I've never been in Thailand during Songkran, but I don't remember shortage of boys on New Years Eve. And I was in Sunee on 24.12.2010 (I'm a Christmas sourpuss), it didn't look different from other days. But I remember: I was in Chiang Mai on 12.08.2011, all bars were closed for the Queen's birthday holiday. Probably the same for 5.12., King's birthday.

October 21st, 2011, 16:27
One place where many farangs live or stay while in Pattaya is overlooked since those that rent out units do not advertise here.
Center Condo is one of the best located condo buildings in Pattaya for those that want to be close to Sunee Plaza, Boys Town, Central Festival Beach Mall (largest in Pattaya) and on one of the major baht bus routes so it is easy to get to Jomtien.

It has new elevators (to be finished in the next few weeks), a very large swimming pool, security, mini mart, and a simple 5 minute walk to either Sunee or Boystown.....and very gay friendly since many of us live there.

One person that has several units of different sizes available is "Condo Steve". His business mobile is 086 144 5160.

luvthai-2
October 23rd, 2011, 10:55
Tourism has fallen by 70% and tourist and tour operaters are flooding the phone lines with more cancellations.

witchhunt
October 23rd, 2011, 12:19
I am not sure about the cancellations, as several of us tried to get any rooms for december and january and bookings are up on last year.

But we did find some isolated rooms available and we told our friends who are now booked in. We are still looking for close to Sunee but have been told that jomtien beach hotels still have rooms, available through the on line booking agencies

SUNEE

kingfisher next to twoguys
kingfisherpattaya.com

kurtliland@yahoo.com
-----------------------------------------
don-plaza opposite the swimming pool
www.don-plaza.com (http://www.don-plaza.com)
info@don-plaza-pattaya.com
--------------------------------------
condos around yensabai

www.yensabaimansion.com (http://www.yensabaimansion.com)

room@yensabaimansion.com
----------------------------------------
iris residence brand new almost next to montys
http://www.irispattaya.com/
iris_pattaya@hotmail.com

will keep looking when we get a chance.

pong
October 23rd, 2011, 18:31
re seasons and discounts-or wahtever: really, this is thaild and there is no law forcing hotels to do that. It simply remains a matter of what the market will take-and also very much of location. BKK hotels do not discount very much, seaside places like Phuket and Samui very much. Also: it is not possible to say like ''50 or 40%''-it really varies an enormous lot between hotels, plus that the really cheap places are so cheap they cannot discount much lower. Only the really 5** Hi-class places that go through the roof on high season can offer discounts, like 60-70%-and then often only if you stay long time-plus that I think their real prices are then and the jacked up is only profit mongering. Also discounts often come disguised: like pay 2-get 3, or 6 and 7, or free Brekkie incl- or whatever they can think of. In cheaper places you then have to pay cash upfront for the whole time and lose all if you leave earlier or you get the worst room without respite to chnage-always check everythig before accepting in an unknown place.
There remas just 1 dead-simple PTY price indicator: the further away from the beach, the lower the price.
Places that advertise as being 'gay'' are out of this scope-as also appears so often on this and other fora- it seems that gays are too afraid to go elsewhere.

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2011, 20:24
rBKK hotels do not discount very much
I disagree... I see Bangkok hotels offering below-normal rates all the time!

I've seen steeply discounted rates both in the middle of the year as well as during the Dec/Jan period so I don't think it's seasonal (i.e. derived from time of year). I think it's just dependent on immediate demand/bookings and most of the time it seems to be done around 4-8 weeks prior. Hence, I've found this is the best time to book in advance. I reckon the managers just look at how many rooms they've got empty and if it's looking like a rough patch, they start offering discounts to get rooms filled.

ikarus
October 26th, 2011, 11:29
Any thoughts on Mike hotel? The location is ideal IMHO (Mike's Department store) with swimming pool.
It used to be popular with gay visitors but should be pretty run down by now...

Neal
October 26th, 2011, 11:39
Dont forget the Hotel/Resort on Jomtien Beach. Lovely place big swimming pool and right on the water. No joiners fees.

lonelywombat
October 26th, 2011, 17:20
DaBoss I assume you mean the Avalon hotel, but forgot the name or intended to look for a link. This will save you some time.

http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/

Go to agoda to check bookings

Neal
October 26th, 2011, 18:04
yes, lol, I was doing too many things at one time. The avalon. a very nice resort. Thank you lonely.

goji
October 27th, 2011, 02:35
Any thoughts on Mike hotel? The location is ideal IMHO (Mike's Department store) with swimming pool.
It used to be popular with gay visitors but should be pretty run down by now... They want 1800~3200 baht for rooms, so they must be in a reasonable condition, right ? The photos do remind me of the last century.

iris residence brand new almost next to montys
http://www.irispattaya.com/ iris_pattaya@hotmail.com I could e-mail the dead and get a faster response.