PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?

christianpfc
October 12th, 2011, 23:41
Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?

Further, we must not underestimate the horrific "press" that Pattaya in particular gets in the West.
Many gay people do not want to be seen to be visiting an area which the world's media constantly say is a mecca for you-know-what. Some gays will lie and say they are going to Singapore maybe, but many others just wont come at all.
I can honestly say that I have noticed eyebrows being raised when I mention Thailand/Pattaya.

In spring, I moved to a new place, so none of my colleagues at work know about my sexual orientation and the most important reason for my holiday in Thailand (which is to sleep and whore around with up to one new boy per day). So when asked about my holiday after I returned, my answers were elusive and general (good weather, nice people, good food, sightseeing, meet friends). They seemed to be completely oblivious of what ThailandтАЩs reputation as a destination for sex holidays in general and for gays in special. If I had told them what I do there, more than ten people would have first hand proof that Thailand is a destination for sex tourists.

ItтАЩs not so much that I care about my own reputation (at my previous working place, most of my colleagues knew what IтАЩm doing in Thailand and this was subject for occasional banter тАУ I donтАЩt mind), but that of Thailand thatтАЩs why IтАЩm scarce with the truth.

We got close to the truth (I was asked if my friends are Thai or Europeans and where I met them, I failed to mention online (dating websites), only one colleague asked me if there are any sex tourists in Thailand тАУ тАЬDefinitely, especially in PattayaтАЭ).

My parents, close friends and all relatives I see regularly know whatтАЩs going on because I told them.

What do you tell colleagues at work about your holiday in Thailand?

cdnmatt
October 13th, 2011, 00:34
heh, I actually spent about a week with my mom in Pattaya before. Parents were living in KL at the time (hence how I discovered SE Asia -- came out to visit them), and I was staying at Mosaik. Dad was working offshore on the oil rigs, and mom was home bored & alone, so she decided to come visit me. And how do you tell your mom no, right?

Believe it or not, she loved Pattaya. Hated Bangkok, but thought Pattaya was great. Obviously I didn't take her to Sunnee or anything, and the guys at the massage shops who recognized me were polite enough not to come running up screaming, "hey sexy man!" while I was with her. Went down Walking Street together though, and she didn't mind it. Was fine though, and I'm pretty sure she knew why I was there.

Same as I'm pretty sure everyone else knows why I went to Pattaya before. Nowadays, when I mention Thailand to clients, I always have to add in, "but not in a tourist area". And I don't personally care what any clients think. They're after the value I can provide them, and don't give a shit about my personal life or where I live.

lukylok
October 13th, 2011, 02:14
All my family and friends know my preferences - I have been thoroughly outed by my ex-wife.
And to her total exasperation, nobody could care less !
Not to rub things too much, I am going to Jomtien, which is true, and less known that Pattaya.
To make the picture complete, Jomtien is a small part of my time in Asia, as I love Chiang Mai and Cambodia.
Going to Myanmar next month.

October 13th, 2011, 02:29
i tell all my friends im going there for the women .. who knows if they belive me or not .. not only do i not like women im not over keen on ladyboys or fems .. give me a guy any day .. one without to much muscle but a bit of defination ..yummy yummy.. im also not sure to many people who have never been to pattaya have any idea as to what its like!! as im sure you wont get to many straights looking on gay boards or websites ... and im sure if you told anyone you knew you was going to sunee plaza they wouldnt have a clue as to what it was unless they had actually been there .. most people would think it was a market square id imagine .. try asking your favorite straight friend .. and if he asks how is michael from the corner bar then ill hold my hands up and admit i was wrong :laughing3:

loke
October 13th, 2011, 04:06
I tell them I go Thailand because I need a tan and love the beaches .

Of course they dont know the quality of the beaches in Pattaya . :glasses7:

And I tell them I go party and its the truth , its party every day in Pattaya.

dab69
October 13th, 2011, 04:13
yes, I tell them the truth. I don't go there for sex.
Seriously the more they try to push it on you the less interesting it becomes.

(It didn't START OUT that way but that's the way it has become)

next time someone asks I think I will say I'm trying to find
a good doctor there that does a good job on a sex change cheaply-
I just LOVE filling nosey people FULL of crap

latintopxxx
October 13th, 2011, 10:22
I work for a multinational and have quite a few Dutch colleagues, they equate Thailand with sex, mainly risky, weird or underage...quite shocking actually..

October 13th, 2011, 14:55
I work for a multinational and have quite a few Dutch colleagues, they equate Thailand with sex, mainly risky, weird or underage...quite shocking actually..

Quite shocking indeed!

Especially when one considers the:

bdsm
s&m
naked
leather
dark-room
jack-off
boy-prostitute

bars which they have in abundance in Amsterdam - not to mention the area where women sit in full length windows with their tits hanging out and fiddling with their genitals to attract potential customers in to fuck them. Classy stuff.

Have you never mentioned "glass-houses" to these people? I certainly would.

:occasion9:

neoncrusade
October 13th, 2011, 15:54
I was totally out at work, open about the various reasons for going to Pattaya, and took the photos in for workmates to look over when I got back. The women loved them....thought the Thai guys looked cute and had lovely smiles. The guys looked at them without much comment until later, when usually singly would quiz me about the girls there and if they were easy to get etc etc.
To cut a long story short, two of the straight guys (mid twenties) went to Pattaya to check the place out, got the bug and go there evey year. One of the girls also went there and is similarly hooked.
I've done my bit for Thai tourism :la:

Strangely, the only negetive vibes I got was from my doctor. After I got back from one trip, I developed an inflamed inner ear (it hurt like hell), after checking my ear out, he asked me where I got my tan. When I said Thailand, he gave me a right old fashioned look, asked if I went alone, and then asked if I had sex with multiple partners there! What that had to do with a sore ear I'm buggered if I know!

Maxxy
October 13th, 2011, 16:54
What do you tell colleagues at work about your holiday in Thailand?
I tell them all about the wonderful places I visit and what a good time I had, what I don't tell them is what I get up to with Thais (both the guys, ladies and lady-boys) as that part of my life is none of their business really.

October 13th, 2011, 22:16
I was totally out at work, open about the various reasons for going to Pattaya, and took the photos in for workmates to look over when I got back. The women loved them....thought the Thai guys looked cute and had lovely smiles. The guys looked at them without much comment until later, when usually singly would quiz me about the girls there and if they were easy to get etc etc.
To cut a long story short, two of the straight guys (mid twenties) went to Pattaya to check the place out, got the bug and go there evey year. One of the girls also went there and is similarly hooked.
I've done my bit for Thai tourism :la:

Strangely, the only negetive vibes I got was from my doctor. After I got back from one trip, I developed an inflamed inner ear (it hurt like hell), after checking my ear out, he asked me where I got my tan. When I said Thailand, he gave me a right old fashioned look, asked if I went alone, and then asked if I had sex with multiple partners there! What that had to do with a sore ear I'm buggered if I know!

maybe you got so pissed one night you actually got buggered in the ear :occasion9:

Beachlover
October 13th, 2011, 22:27
Thailand's reputation isn't entirely dominated by sex tourism...

Lots and lots of young backpackers, families, couples on a romantic getaway, groups of mates and friends going for a piss up go to Thailand.

I think if you're an older male going there alone, people may suspect if they know of the sex tourism thing, but for most tourists, going to Thailand is like going to Malaysia or Vietnam.

mom was home bored & alone, so she decided to come visit me.... the guys at the massage shops who recognized me were polite enough not to come running up screaming, "hey sexy man!" while I was with her.
ROFL... That's hilarious. Totally cracks me up picturing you taking your Mum on a tour of Pattaya.:rolling:

October 13th, 2011, 22:34
Why on earth would anybody in this day and age care?

Beachlover
October 13th, 2011, 22:39
Oh god... don't tell me she was picking up and flirting with hunky gogo boys in front of you. :rolling:

October 13th, 2011, 22:48
why on earth would a fully grown man want to take his mum on holiday with him ..and why would she want to go to a gay bar if you did ask her to go on holiday with you ??
maybe to check out what the ladyboys are wearing .. or to judge how big your next boyfriends cock might be ??
strange but then again ...........

Beachlover
October 13th, 2011, 23:23
I suppose these Mums asked to visit and check it out... I guess some people are more open minded and some Mums are more adventurous.

October 13th, 2011, 23:37
My mother passed on 20 odd years ago.
Had I had the chance to show her Thailand, Bangkok, Pattaya and gone to some of the shows???? Well I think at first she would have been shy and shocked, but then would have settled in and really enjoyed it.
Sure, she would have been upset with the underage, a bit of the filth, pverty and drugs, but I would be happy to show her another world and I think after she got over the initial shock, she would have had fun.

October 13th, 2011, 23:56
My mother visited me way back in 1987/88 time. Pattaya was nowhere near as big, even Jomtein was just a few shops with a narrow single road. She really enjoyed places I took her to including N.N. Gardens, the elephant show, and The Tiffiny show. Even in this day and age people who are visiting or even living in LOS can stay well away from the more, let us say seedy parts of town so it shouldn't be a big deal, unless of course one has something to hide....

cdnmatt
October 14th, 2011, 00:07
why on earth would a fully grown man want to take his mum on holiday with him

Wasn't exactly my decision. We were talking on Skype, and she said, "well, I'm sick of this place, and your dad won't be home for 10 days, so I'm coming to visit! look, AirAsia has a deal going, only $40!". Not much you can do, except say, "ok, send over your flight details, and I'll make sure a guy is at the BKK arrivals area holding a sign with your name, and he'll take you to my apartment". *shrug*

She had a good time though. We had some drinks, some good food, did some shopping, checked out the Big Buddha statue, Tiffany's Show, etc. Obviously she figured out Pattaya is one huge whore house, and I'm sure she realized there was a gay area I wasn't showing her, but she didn't mind at all. I was just finishing up the breakup with my ex-husband, so I'm sure she didn't look down on me any because I let my hair down a little. If anything, she probably thought it was good I was there. Instead of being sad and lonely, go party & fuck prostitutes!

October 14th, 2011, 00:33
Instead of being sad and lonely, go party & fuck prostitutes!
marvelous is that a quote from her :notworthy:
really funny made me laugh that did ...
you have a top mother ,, * add jokes here *

dab69
October 14th, 2011, 04:19

Quite shocking indeed!

Especially when one considers the:

bdsm
s&m
naked
leather
dark-room
jack-off
boy-prostitute

bars which they have in abundance in Amsterdam

you should elaborate in the other area of the forum
might be worth checking out

netherlands-t17221.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/netherlands-t17221.html)

Beachlover
October 14th, 2011, 11:28
When I was at uni I worked at a place where there was this single mid-fifties guy who would go on and on about going to Thailand. "I got a 19 year old girlfriend waiting for me in Thailand", he would say. "I told her I'm going next month so she's getting all excited on the e-mail. Do you have a 19 year old girlfriend, ****?" he would ask.

I was pretty young back then and had no idea about this stuff. When we were together he would chat about the difference between paying bar fines for a different girl each night and taking the same girl for the whole trip and which option was cheaper... I would nod away while thinking, what the fuck is he going on about and why is he telling me this? I guess he just had nothing else.

I tended to listen and take it in with an open mind so I would just listen politely and try to pretend I care. He kept bugging me about my girlfriends and telling me I should go to Thailand and I would think, why the fuck would I want to do that when I've no problem pulling chicks here? (I was mostly playing my straight side back then).

Whenever he would boast and brag on and on about his young "girlfriends" I would think, that's nothing to boast about, dude... they're with you because you're paying them!

It was really creepy, not because of what he was saying but because he was just creepy and unpleasant guy in general. I felt embarrassed for him when he would go on about it in front of female colleagues and other young guys. They tried to hide how disgusted they were. I think most were just lost for words that he was so shameless.

He had a bad temper and was pretty creepy, bitter, cranky and unintelligent. He had no family and few friends. I guess he hadn't done much with his life and he was always overcompensating. I was only a teenager back then and even I was managing to earn more per hour than this guy was making.

Don't get me wrong, I don't liken most members on this site to the guy above as most of you seem fairly pleasant and not out of touch with reality as he was. But I have to admit, when I remember him, it does remind me of some of a couple of people who were following me around here earlier this year (fun :happy7:).

Later on, when I was backpacking and visited Thailand for the first time, I saw this commercial sex stuff in Phuket and realised this was what he'd been talking about. Then I wondered if there were any gay gogo bars and thought it would be interesting to check one out. :rolling:

I'm sure she didn't look down on me any because I let my hair down a little.
... and let your dick out a little too. :hello1:

October 14th, 2011, 15:29
... most of you seem fairly pleasant and not out of touch with reality as he was...

You win the prize for Condescending Comment of the Week.

Neal
October 14th, 2011, 17:14
As was previously requested, ALL requests to review remarks about any moderators notes or action should be directed to us in a PM pursuant to section 7 of the guidelines. There are dozens and dozens of posts each and every day. Errors in jugement and moderation happen as there is little time to keep going back and reading entire threads to see where comments come from. When a member disagrees with an action, a PM should be sent for a review of the situationr. Reasonable explanations will be considered and of course if there is a moderation error, it will be reversed but it will be done in a PM so that the proper actions can be taken.

Brad the Impala
October 14th, 2011, 17:18
Agreed that it would have been bizarre to move those comments out of this thread and to another forum, as they were pointing out the hypocrisy of the dutch colleagues comments about Thailand, the underlying subject.

Moderator's note:
Yes I agree now that it has been calmly explained why and where to look and where the comment originated from. There are dozens and dozens of posts each day and it is difficult to interpret what each post means and where it comes from. That is why one should resort to a PM and calmly explain why a moderation decision should be reversed. Not on open board.

pong
October 16th, 2011, 17:06
[quote="christianpfc"]Do you tell your friends and family what you do in Thailand?
They seemed to be completely oblivious of what ThailandтАЩs reputation as a destination for sex holidays in general and for gays in special.:
Nah mein lieber, das waere doch sehr schwer oder ja kaum vorstellbar in ein normales DE-Geschaeft. Nur ein Kleinstfehler haste dort gemacht; TH ist doch unter Deutsche eher bekannt fuer die normale Art des heterosexuelles Lustverfahren- nennt sich Bumsentripper. Die meiste DE wissen schon dass es dort keine GroesstArmut gaebe und die mithin sehr viele TH-Restrts oder Esshaeuschen in DE muessen eben in Kleinstdorflein die Thailaendische Gaumenfreude vorgezeight haben.
Nach etwa 15 Jahre dachte meine Schwester dass es dort wohl schoen sein musste als Bruder so oft fahre und hat sich eine Reisegruppereise gebucht, wovon sie auch sehr begeistert rueckkam-so dass sie am neachsten jahr wieder fuhr und dannach noch VNam und Malaysia zunahm. ''War schoen, aber TH waere doch netter!

October 16th, 2011, 17:26
Nah mein lieber, das waere doch sehr schwer oder ja kaum vorstellbar in ein normales DE-Geschaeft. Nur ein Kleinstfehler haste dort gemacht; TH ist doch unter Deutsche eher bekannt fuer die normale Art des heterosexuelles Lustverfahren- nennt sich Bumsentripper. Die meiste DE wissen schon dass es dort keine GroesstArmut gaebe und die mithin sehr viele TH-Restrts oder Esshaeuschen in DE muessen eben in Kleinstdorflein die Thailaendische Gaumenfreude vorgezeight haben.
Nach etwa 15 Jahre dachte meine Schwester dass es dort wohl schoen sein musste als Bruder so oft fahre und hat sich eine Reisegruppereise gebucht, wovon sie auch sehr begeistert rueckkam-so dass sie am neachsten jahr wieder fuhr und dannach noch VNam und Malaysia zunahm. ''War schoen, aber TH waere doch netter!

Thanks for that post, any chance of posting it in English seeing as that's the language used in this forum?

October 16th, 2011, 19:12
Nah ...netter!

Thanks for that post, any chance of posting it in English seeing as that's the language used in this forum?

Today SGT, tomorrow the world.

October 16th, 2011, 19:21

As long as they don't go Gaelic!

October 16th, 2011, 19:29

As long as they don't go Gaelic!

Hal├▓, Tha mi toilichte do choinneachadh, Ciamar a tha thu?

October 16th, 2011, 20:09
Hal├▓, Tha mi toilichte do choinneachadh, Ciamar a tha thu? :occasion9:

I'm doing well thank you, and enjoying my Daily Mail read...

Beachlover
October 16th, 2011, 20:20
... most of you seem fairly pleasant and not out of touch with reality as he was...
You win the prize for Condescending Comment of the Week.
I had to say that, Scotty... I re-read what I wrote before posting and realised everyone would think I was likening the cranky old guy in my story to them (which is NOT true), just because they go to Thailand for paid sex as he does. That's the reaction I got the last time I posted something like this. People misinterpreted...

October 16th, 2011, 21:44
That's the reaction I got the last time I posted something like this. People misinterpreted...

They do that when they become old and cranky Beach...

christianpfc
October 17th, 2011, 02:57

I, too, would appreciate if you (pong) would post in English. Either your German texts are generated via automated translation or your Germans in worse than (most members know whose) written English.

October 17th, 2011, 09:30
Everyone in Australia knows Thailand only is for sex and getting drunk and ripped off by the locals.

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 11:25
That's the reaction I got the last time I posted something like this. People misinterpreted...

They do that when they become old and cranky Beach...

Why do you insist on posting with separate screen names?? It's clear from your posts you are one the same person...old? cranky? what gives Beachy/Combot? It just gets boring with posters like you who input anything that's credible.
Exactly who here is old and cranky? :laughing3: :bounce:

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 11:32
Everyone in Australia knows Thailand only is for sex and getting drunk and ripped off by the locals. Never a more true word spoken. I would bet 99% of the readers of this board would agree that's what brought them to these shores :bounce:

October 17th, 2011, 14:32
Why do you insist on posting with separate screen names?? It's clear from your posts you are one the same person...old? cranky? what gives Beachy/Combot?

Keep taking the pills lexusgs, no wonder you want LMTU back he's daft enough to think that beach is combat and that combat is beach too :rolling:

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 15:07
Why do you insist on posting with separate screen names?? It's clear from your posts you are one the same person...old? cranky? what gives Beachy/Combot?

Keep taking the pills lexusgs, no wonder you want LMTU back he's daft enough to think that beach is combat and that combat is beach too :rolling:

Hell BeachyCombot you're a comedian too :sign5:

Have you seen the stalker crap on Baht Stop? Who gives a shit about LMTU and you and Beachys petty squabble. If the guy gives some relevant info on Gay Thailand I'm happy to take it on board. Rather that then obsessions about Thai sex workers and their relationships with visitors. Now THAT really is warped... :cheers:

Cheers mate

October 17th, 2011, 15:28

Have you seen the stalker crap on Baht Stop?

Actually I love Beachlovers posts so being taken as him and vice versa is a compliment so thank you very, very much once again.

And now that you have refered to LMTU and the outrageous crap he has been posting about all the forums/moderators/posters etc.. etc.. on the only forum that he is currently allowed to rant off in I'll post the link which might just help give ammunition to keeping him off this one, where incidently he has had more handles and chances to keep his nose clean than Adam..... Oh and note that he does admit in that forum that he is still posting in here. He has been overheard on a number of occasions in bars boasting about how he runs rings around all of the forum moderators by posting under numerous handles. All in all he is his own worse ememy.

http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11985&pid=51414&st=0&#entry51414

the1
October 17th, 2011, 18:39
Actually I love Beachlovers posts so being taken as him and vice versa is a compliment

Really?? Do you not read the abuse he gives out to many people on here and on the other boards?

Beachlover
October 17th, 2011, 19:50
Lexusgs...

Most of your posts are really just insults and put downs of myself and a few other posters. It's hypocritical of you to criticise anyone's contribution when you contribute shit all yourself.

Combat and I are not the same person. Yes, we agree on a lot of things. But so do Combat and Kquill. So do you and The1. Do you have any conclusive evidence that we're the same person? Not terribly smart of you to keep asserting so.

October 17th, 2011, 20:24
Lexusgs...

Most of your posts are really just insults and put downs of myself and a few other posters. It's hypocritical of you to criticise anyone's contribution when you contribute shit all yourself.

Combat and I are not the same person. Yes, we agree on a lot of things. But so do Combat and Kquill. So do you and The1. Do you have any conclusive evidence that we're the same person? Not terribly smart of you to keep asserting so.

Actually Beach KQuill (who knows me) did post about this awhile back when lexusgs's mate LMTU/mothersruin kept up the same idiotic accusation. lexusgs likes to continue with his deluded theory which probably keeps him happy as little things do for small minds. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, in fact the more he believes it and goes on about it the more idiotic he appears.

Beachlover
October 17th, 2011, 20:30
Kquill can't vouch for who I am but he can vouch for who Combat is which should be enough to put this dopey accusation to rest... :happy7:

Touche'
October 19th, 2011, 10:11
No, I do not tell them what I do in Thailand.

But I tell them what you do! :evil4:

lexusgs
October 19th, 2011, 13:47

Have you seen the stalker crap on Baht Stop?

Actually I love Beachlovers posts so being taken as him and vice versa is a compliment so thank you very, very much once again.

My pleasure mate :laughing3:

lexusgs
October 19th, 2011, 13:54
Lexusgs...

Like you, I am entitled to my opinion. As I have mentioned previously I do believe Dodger hit the nail on the head with regard to your unhealthy obsessions/background. I note that you are now stalking LMTU on Baht Stop too. Get some help man. I worry about your state of mind. I really do.

Q the follow up moaning post from the left side of your brain(Combot) :hello1:

lexusgs
October 19th, 2011, 13:58
Lexusgs...

Actually Beach KQuill (who knows me) did post about this awhile back when lexusgs's mate LMTU/mothersruin kept up the same idiotic accusation. lexusgs likes to continue with his deluded theory which probably keeps him happy as little things do for small minds. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, in fact the more he believes it and goes on about it the more idiotic he appears.

That's your best line? :tongue3:

Beachlover
October 24th, 2011, 21:42
Lexus... Having the time of your life talking to yourself are ya? :rolling:

Well, I should probably answer the OP's question...

My family always know where I am. I've spent a lot of time exploring Asia over the last few years and Thailand is one of a few places I've dropped into for repeat visits. They assume I'm there for the beaches, food, shopping, clubbing etc. They don't know I'm gay yet and don't need or want to know about my personal love life. Though one of them once told me she had a vision of me coming back from one trip married... so didn't need to hear that!

As for my friends, clients and staff, they know I travel abroad a lot but there's nothing strange about that. I'm not doing anything other young and cashed up guys aren't doing and I spend a lot more time in other countries than I do in Thailand.

Thailand, Bangkok and its beaches are a common party or chill out destination among my friends, both gay and straight, so there's nothing strange with it being a regular destination for me to them.

I don't personally get into the paid sex and prostitution scene in Thailand and don't think anyone assumes I do. Some of my gay friends mention Thailand's prostitution scene in terms of it being seedy and not a "cool" thing. Having a gawk at some of the fuck shows is the extent of their interest. So I guess I'm more open minded than them. I try to learn about people and stuff I wouldn't naturally be drawn to.

As for hooking up... well, that's pretty common for young single guys who are traveling, whether you're gay or straight. That's the extent of what my friends and family know!

Magnum
November 10th, 2013, 14:13
I tell only my true friends that I spend the biggest part of my holiday in Thailand and what I do there. The life of a sex tourist is quite ambivalent. On the one hand it feels cool to shag these gorgeous and astonishing young looking Thai boys while the stupid backpackers visit boring temples. On the other hand it looks pathetic for a thirty something single guy to travel alone each year to Thailand (a well-known sex tourist destination). The major drawback about my Thailand trips is that I cannot share this with colleagues and family. Holiday is popular small talk in the office so it feels bad to desperately avoid talking about. Any ideas?

November 10th, 2013, 14:23
Jeez is Marcel Proost running this Forum now?