PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya Bars Shoot From The Hip

bucknaway
October 12th, 2011, 18:36
As much as I love Krazy Dragon, I wish they would set a closing time and stick to it. I was in Sunee the other day at around midnight and the guy had the door open to krazydragon and I think the music was off becauuse the bar seemed quiet and the guys were not scouting for customers from passers by.

I went to a Go go bar with happy in the name. The guys dance on tiny tables.... Had a drink and left and when I passed the dragon it was locked up tight! Other bars were in full swing!

It makes you think twice to leave the bar you are at to take a chance on getting to the dragon before the guy locks the door and turns the lights off.

bao-bao
October 12th, 2011, 23:12
As much as I love Krazy Dragon, I wish they would set a closing time and stick to it.
There may have been another reason (this IS Thailand, after all) but you'll find that for birthdays and such events some clubs can be booked for private parties - I'm sure you're read about those and seen photos on the forums. Krazy Dragon may have been reserved for just such an occasion.

Since the number's easily available my suggestion would be to call ahead and ask before giving up the "bird in the hand," so to speak.

bucknaway
October 13th, 2011, 12:22
As much as I love Krazy Dragon, I wish they would set a closing time and stick to it.
There may have been another reason (this IS Thailand, after all) but you'll find that for birthdays and such events some clubs can be booked for private parties - I'm sure you're read about those and seen photos on the forums. Krazy Dragon may have been reserved for just such an occasion.

Since the number's easily available my suggestion would be to call ahead and ask before giving up the "bird in the hand," so to speak.

Me call a bar from another bar while on holiday? That is not going to happen.... Me trying to speak staggered english and they understanding none of it as we both are drowned out by the boom boom boom of the bar I am in..... No Thank You.

bao-bao
October 13th, 2011, 13:25
Me call a bar from another bar while on holiday? That is not going to happen.... Me trying to speak staggered english and they understanding none of it as we both are drowned out by the boom boom boom of the bar I am in..... No Thank You.
Bucky, that's entirely up to you. It was a logical explanation for what you claim happened - and it's really not a big deal.

With the current state here, though, I'd be careful about saying anything detrimental about any club along about now... your report could hurt their business. I'm just sayin'...

I'm a bit surprised that a man as "plugged in" 24/7 would hesitate to call someplace rather than walking down there, but you are in much better shape than most of the members here!

Hope you're enjoying your trip! Keep sharing the stories.

bucknaway
October 13th, 2011, 13:31
I remember a quote from a person saying, "Don't pee on my foot and tell me it is rain."

I know the difference from a private party going on and when a bar is empty and closed.

You are making a suggestion from something you can only imagine. I was able to see, hear and feel what was going on.

No argument, just passing on information.

bao-bao
October 13th, 2011, 14:43
I know the difference from a private party going on and when a bar is empty and closed. No argument, just passing on information.
Thanks for passing that along.

It was probably just a problem that particular night. It's an extremely popular and well-run club.

bucknaway
October 13th, 2011, 14:49
Like I said, I like the place and this is not the first time it has closed before I could get inside. It's happend a few times before when I was here last year. I was just surprised and sad it was still happening.

I did make it there last night around 9pm and had a fun time.

pennyboy
October 13th, 2011, 19:49
It has also happened to me at this bar and I would never consider having to phone ahead to see if it's open. I just went to another bar. To say that Buckie or anyone should avoid reporting anything detrimental about a bar is crazy. It's closing early that will harm a business not the reporting.

Beachlover
October 13th, 2011, 22:07
I remember a quote from a person saying, "Don't pee on my foot and tell me it is rain.".
LOL... love that response.

I don't know if KD actually has a published closing time but I get annoyed at businesses that don't stick to their published closing time too.

Seriously, who the hell calls a bar to check if it's still open when it's still within normal hours?! I often call restaurants to check if the kitchen's still open when we're going for a late meal but no one calls a bar to check if it's still open inside normal opening hours... dumb suggestion.

I'd be careful about saying anything detrimental about any club along about now... your report could hurt their business.
Detrimental shit gets posted about businesses here all the time... it only becomes an issue if it's untrue.

Anyway, Bucky's suggestion is right. If you're inconsistent with your closing times, not only does it inconvenience customers, people will be more hesitant to head over to where you are because of the uncertainty whether you'll be open.

christianpfc
October 14th, 2011, 00:51
I remember low season in Soi Twilight Bangkok, the bars were closing when the last customer was out, which was around 1am, and then they turned off the lights in the Soi, so it became dark.