PDA

View Full Version : Sivatel Hotel Bangkok

sydneyboy
October 10th, 2011, 02:45
tHas anyone stayed at this hotel? It is a relatively new 5 star hotel and they are offering excellent rates.

mahjongguy
October 10th, 2011, 06:27
Probably you meant to say the Sivatel, in Ploenchit.

sydneyboy
October 10th, 2011, 13:56
Yes you are right but there does not appear to be an edit function.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2011, 00:04
Funny, I was just checking out this hotel the other day but chose another place over it. Looks like good value and it's got a pool with a nice view... elevated over the surrounds.

Can anyone advise on what the streets around it are like? Are there good amenities/shops/street food/eateries nearby? Is it too far out of the way?

lonelywombat
October 11th, 2011, 03:26
It looks like a luxury hotel that may or may not have a joining fee. Cannot be bothered checking rates, but the website looks good. Too far from Silom for me

http://www.sivatelbangkok.com/hotel-,default-en.html

Beachlover
October 12th, 2011, 00:19
The appeal to me was it has a gorgeous pool, rooms (actually they are all suites) are HUGE, lots of natural light and all have a sexy jacuzzi - some with a nice view - which you don't get at many hotels in Bangkok. You can get rooms for under $200/night, which is terrific value... but don't know about the location and other places are more appealing.

I've never been charged a joiner fee at any of these places so it's never a concern to me. Won't be the end of the world if it happens one day... I'll just pay it and avoid staying there next time.

mahjongguy
October 12th, 2011, 05:36
Agreed that the rooms look great but the location would be an issue for me. When they say that the BTS station is a "5 minute walk" you know they're exaggerating, and there isn't much in that area.

That's not a problem if you tend to be out all day and stay in all evening, but I always like to go back to my hotel to drop off purchases, to shower, to nap. So convenience is a priority.

For 6,000 baht you should be able to get a good room in a primary location, perhaps at Le Meridien.

Beachlover
October 12th, 2011, 21:40
Yeah true... don't know many Bangkok hotel rooms for 6,000 that give you a nice big jacuzzi with a view of the city skyline though.

Le Meridien can usually be had for 3,000-4,500. I think I paid a little over 3,000 last time. Nice cool design and central location but don't like the view and the small, fixed work desk.