PDA

View Full Version : Clubs in Pattaya

October 7th, 2011, 08:51
I wanted to visit Pattaya in a few months, but checking out the nightlife it seems like everything is just go-go boy places. I'm in my 20's and was looking for more of a gay nightclub type atmosphere. Any recommendations for what to do for my 1 night (a Saturday) there that doesn't involve moneyboys? Thanks!

firecat69
October 7th, 2011, 11:51
Assuming you are fairly good looking, just walk through Central Mall and use your Gayradar, you will have no problem finding willing partners for later in the evening.

If no luck during the day then go to one of the gay Discos' such as Nab or Dave Mans Club and you will have many boys from BKK looking to hook up where money is not the object.

October 7th, 2011, 11:59
Cool. I wasn't really looking to hook up, just a happening place to go thats not a gogo bar. Which of those two would you say is the best? Are they both gay clubs? What time do they get popular? Thanks!

loke
October 7th, 2011, 18:31
From what I read Dave Mans Club is very popular among the gay thai crowd and it starts to wake up after midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKhg-IRn8I

http://www.thedavemanclub.com/

netrix
October 8th, 2011, 01:12
Cool. I wasn't really looking to hook up, just a happening place to go thats not a gogo bar. Which of those two would you say is the best? Are they both gay clubs? What time do they get popular? Thanks!

i've been to both of these. had a good time a few times at Dave Man Club. i was with 2 other farang
and a group of thai guys. it's late night...probably not much going on until the other bars close after
about 2 am. it's the kind of disco where your group stands around a table and you can order a bottle
or bring one with you. (not really allowed but if you buy a bottle of whiskey at a store and give it to
one of the thai boys in your group to take in they can get permission. then you just pay for setups
ice and mixers and any appetizers you want.) you'll probably have more fun if you go with some
friends, but most of the guys are friendly.

stevehadders
October 8th, 2011, 04:22
I would definitely say Nab - it is bigger than Dave, and at weekends has many guys from Bangkok; the music is great :hello1:

October 8th, 2011, 06:30
From what I read Dave Mans Club is very popular among the gay thai crowd and it starts to wake up after midnight.

From those videos it looks like a bunch of gogo dancers dancing around... is it really more of a sit and watch type atmosphere??

October 8th, 2011, 06:37
I would definitely say Nab - it is bigger than Dave, and at weekends has many guys from Bangkok; the music is great :hello1:

So any recommendations on what to do before like 12 AM or 1? Where do people hang out on a Saturday from like 9 PM to midnight?

naklua
October 8th, 2011, 17:54

I visited Dave a few days ago with a couple of friends. When we got their at about 11.30 it was quiet, but the coyote dancers nevertheless started their routine a few minutes later. First with shirts, later on shirtless. There were one or two of them who appealed to my taste, i.e. masculine, good shaped bodies but not the Tawan-type bloated Godzilla guys.
However, our waiter was a scammer. First 100 Baht was added to our bill for a plate of chips nobody of us had ordered. After I asked about this item and of course incomprehension was the reaction. I then made it clear to cancel the chips. The waiter followed suit, took away the chips and came back with a corrected bill which was 1849 Baht. I put 2000B in his folder and off he went. He then poured our glasses and showed no intention of bringing back any change. We decided to wait until a small food plate, which we ordered initially, arrived after approx. 30 minutes. The waiter served the plate and as he wanted to leave our table, we asked about the change. In an instant he produced the folder with some chas in it. With a very quick movement of his hands it looked like he took out some of the money before he presented it to us. As a matter of fact only 120B were in the folder (instaed of 151B). When he did not receive a tip after scamming us, he looked a bit disappointed.
As I know that it is not worth making a fuzz about this, we did not say anything.
Later on I asked the waiter how much it was for a boy drink if I invited one of the coyote dancers to our table. "400B" he replied. This seemed outragous to me and I went to ask the bartender instead. He asked his supervisor and then answered me with "200 B". Later on I got this figure confirmed by a very friendly Burmese doorman.
Thus I recommend to be on alert when visiting this place.
I guess the waiters are sometimes desparate for cash, as there was not much action although it was a weekend and even around 1.30 the club was only about half full.

Their price policy is a bit out of the normal, e.g. JW Red costs 900B without mixers (mixer is 50B/bottle) and with free mixers it costs 2500B. This would equal to more than 30 mixers for one bottle of JW. The same price difference goes for JW Black.

SlaveDriver
October 9th, 2011, 10:01
This is exactly what I am trying to advocate in this forum for a need to have more gay clubs as the market trending.

.Did we listen to the 20's type o gays want? as opposed to the baby-boomers or retired farangs living in the 70's and 80's gay life.

Time to listen and change guys or as I have said earlier sell your extablishment and the prime locations to who are willing to make that change :party

October 9th, 2011, 10:52
Time to listen and change guys or as I have said earlier sell your extablishment and the prime locations to who are willing to make that change :party

Slavedriver, I am sure that I and others really appreciate your input but I am curious as it does not seem to me that you actually own a bar. There is Krazy Dragon, Corner Bar, Dream Boys, Oscars and many others in Sunee Plaza, Day Nite, Jomtien Complex and Boyztown area that are available not to mention mine for the right price.

I guess tt what what I am saying is, how should I select my words (??) put up or shut up? I don't mean that in a nasty way but you seem to be dishing out a lot of advice of how the owners of the bars should run their bars and the areas that they are in, but I don't see any attempt on your behalf to actually own a bar. I find that curious, don't you? :dontknow:

netrix
October 9th, 2011, 13:09

So any recommendations on what to do before like 12 AM or 1? Where do people hang out on a Saturday from like 9 PM to midnight?

a lot of guys are working until midnight or later. but you can find plenty to do that doesn't involve gogo bars and money boys.
walking street has a lot of venues with live music and dancing. karaoke bars are fun with a group of friends. lots of bars
have pool or snooker tables. or catch the "mock" muay thai boxing matches on walking street. catch a movie, go bowling,
watch a caberet show at tiffany's. lots of things to do. boys are everywhere. you won't have any problem meeting guys.

as for the bill at the club and making sure it's accurate, just give that responsibility to one of your tour guide
thai friends. they'll take a little pleasure in making sure your change is correct and that you don't over-tip.

colmx
October 9th, 2011, 17:18
However, our waiter was a scammer. First 100 Baht was added to our bill for a plate of chips nobody of us had ordered. After I asked about this item and of course incomprehension was the reaction..
Its pretty standard that they include an (unwanted) bowl of popcorn or prawn crackers on all the orders in teh late noght venues (Dave, NAB, The Club etc)

Later on I asked the waiter how much it was for a boy drink if I invited one of the coyote dancers to our table. "400B" he replied. This seemed outragous to me and I went to ask the bartender instead. He asked his supervisor and then answered me with "200 B". Later on I got this figure confirmed by a very friendly Burmese doorman.

In Dave they have "single" and "double" drinks... e.g. Tequila is a single whilst, Kahlua milk or mai tai cocktail is considered a Double
Each coyote must get at least 3 single drinks per night or they get their salary cut
Thus when you ask a coyote for a drink he will naturally order a double @400B to ensure he meets his quota... so this is where the waiter was coming from with the 400B cost

lexusgs
October 9th, 2011, 17:55
However, our waiter was a scammer. First 100 Baht was added to our bill for a plate of chips nobody of us had ordered. After I asked about this item and of course incomprehension was the reaction..
Its pretty standard that they include an (unwanted) bowl of popcorn or prawn crackers on all the orders in teh late noght venues (Dave, NAB, The Club etc)

In Dave they have "single" and "double" drinks... e.g. Tequila is a single whilst, Kahlua milk or mai tai cocktail is considered a Double
Each coyote must get at least 3 single drinks per night or they get their salary cut
Thus when you ask a coyote for a drink he will naturally order a double @400B to ensure he meets his quota... so this is where the waiter was coming from with the 400B cost

Colmx,

On the subject of Dave. They seem to have some decent looking guys there right now. There must be 30-40 of them. I've been to Dave on a regular basis for the last few months and I don't see that many guys taken off. How the hell do they survive there given the targets they are set in their job?

October 9th, 2011, 18:30
Unwanted chips, single drinks, double drinks etc..........it all seems very complicated.

I'll stick with the places where they have a number on their knickers.

:sign5:

colmx
October 9th, 2011, 19:00
Colmx,

On the subject of Dave. They seem to have some decent looking guys there right now. There must be 30-40 of them. I've been to Dave on a regular basis for the last few months and I don't see that many guys taken off. How the hell do they survive there given the targets they are set in their job?

Have been to Dave the last 2 nights and agree that they have some very good looking coyotes there now....

I doubt that any of them ever reach their targets (i think its 10 offs per month and 90 drinks!)
I reckon its part of Daves operating model... entice them in with large salaries (9000B per month) but then hack that salary down with performance related deductions!

SlaveDriver
October 9th, 2011, 23:55
Shut up or Put up is not the solution that I am seeking. That's not what the customer are asking for.

I am here to advocate and infulence a complete change. The customers are looking for that change. I want the owners to listen to their customers.

The change can take place only when all agree that we need to change. The whole concept and culture need change.

Either we all change or we don't change, but go down together.

Let us all be in it to win.

Lots of bar spaces are not put into productive use. Lots of space available at Panaroma, Ambiance massage place, Royal La Cafe ......... some of these spaces can be turned into clubs and pubs that customers are looking for. Customers want entertianment, engagement. They come on a holiday to have fun and enjoyment.

They dont want plenty of chairs and tables to sit around and gossip and undercut others. They want un, music, drinks, guys and dance ........ not watch the ladyboys dancing on stages ....... they not old to have the eye candy's. They are young and active want action. That's the market ....... so change it the old school. :party

Customers like the Boyztown, they want to spend more time and their money there. That's why they are saying aloud in the forums. Let us hear them out and make the change.

October 10th, 2011, 00:00
I am here to advocate and infulence a complete change.

This is going to be interesting, I won't hold my breath though!

October 10th, 2011, 00:56
I am here to advocate and infulence a complete change.

This is going to be interesting, I won't hold my breath though!

More flatulence than influence IMHO

cameroncat
October 10th, 2011, 09:38
NAB is about 99% Thai guys/girls under 30. Like DJ's in Bangkok, if you're the slightest bit claustrophobic, stay away on Weekend nights.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2011, 00:05
Slavedriver, I am sure that I and others really appreciate your input but I am curious... put up or shut up?
He's just taking the piss, Justme. Remember Tonyfromkent64? :happy7:

martin911
October 11th, 2011, 00:29
NAB is about 99% Thai guys/girls under 30. Like DJ's in Bangkok, if you're the slightest bit claustrophobic, stay away on Weekend nights.

Not at the moment its not , 99% of the thai boys that will be there are under 30
but the general mix i think is closer to 80/20 thai /farang (many young farang also -- and many of these farang seem to be russians
I agree with you re sat nights --its a nightmare before 2.30 but when the show finishes at that time it starts to clear out a little
I wonder how long it will remain so busy when the new club (IDOL ) opens (latest update is that opening has moved from nov 1 to the 10th )

martin911
October 11th, 2011, 00:44
Colmx,

Have been to Dave the last 2 nights and agree that they have some very good looking coyotes there now....

I doubt that any of them ever reach their targets (i think its 10 offs per month and 90 drinks!)
I reckon its part of Daves operating model... entice them in with large salaries (9000B per month) but then hack that salary down with performance related deductions!

Many simply dont meet the harsh targets --one Dave coyote who has a room in my place spent less than 2 months there --he was only in pattaya about 1 month when he started so mabye he was not as slick in marketing himself --was als getting told off from the mamasam/manager --So he left and is now on the books for when IDOL opens -i hope thats not too hard on them also !!

Its funny the transformation in the boys from when they first come to pattaya to what they start to look like after here a while !!-

The boy(former Dave coyote )in my place is pure toot (but of big build ) -- so to get him the job in Dave the other guys here gave him a makeover --they changed his name, hairstyle ,made him not shave for a month (which he abs hated ) and gave him some of their stuff to wear out -
When i saw him dancing in Dave the first time my jaw dropped --he looks so masculine strutting all over the stage ---2 hours beforehand he was going around the my place in PJs and cleaning all over the house ,singing away to himself !!!

colmx
October 12th, 2011, 22:00
Picked up the latest copy of Max magazine in Smart massage earlier today (issue 110)

Besides having the most beautiful looking boy that i have seen in years on its cover...

It also has 1 page adverts for:
-City Man club (Walking Street)
-The Club (soi lenkee)
-His karaoke (old scan premises)
-Idol club (opening soon)

and Madame Jims new resort Baan Souy

Seems like Pattaya is really gearing up for High Season with 4 Late night venues to compete/dovetail with Dave/NAB

martin911
October 13th, 2011, 09:26
Picked up the latest copy of Max magazine in Smart massage earlier today (issue 110)

Besides having the most beautiful looking boy that i have seen in years on its cover...

It also has 1 page adverts for:
-City Man club (Walking Street)
-The Club (soi lenkee)
-His karaoke (old scan premises)
-Idol club (opening soon)

and Madame Jims new resort Baan Souy

Seems like Pattaya is really gearing up for High Season with 4 Late night venues to compete/dovetail with Dave/NAB

Yes i have agree G --the guy on the front page is sooo damm cute -- Sun also took a liking to him --he brought back 8 copies of Max from the club last nite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Shuee
October 14th, 2011, 01:02
Maya was my favourite by far as you could walk there from SP or BT & the atmosphere was great being small & quant

Colmx is that where Idol club is going to be? updates as & when they happen would be nice!

Is max mag online?

colmx
October 14th, 2011, 16:36
Maya was my favourite by far as you could walk there from SP or BT & the atmosphere was great being small & quant

Colmx is that where Idol club is going to be? updates as & when they happen would be nice!

Is max mag online?
I have no idea where Icon will be located...Ibelieve somewhere near NAB... Martin911 is more in-tune with Pattaya happenings so can probably tell you where it will be exactly

Max Mag has a website but its been under construction for ages:
http://www.gindex.net

martin911
October 14th, 2011, 20:43
All i can get info on so far is that is "near " Nab and that the opening date has been pushed to Nov 10

I have not seen Apple for ages to ask her more info --she is not working in Nab anymore --- i guess because she has gone to work as manager for Idol !!

lexusgs
October 15th, 2011, 00:35
All i can get info on so far is that is "near " Nab and that the opening date has been pushed to Nov 10

I have not seen Apple for ages to ask her more info --she is not working in Nab anymore --- i guess because she has gone to work as manager for Idol !!

I could be wrong but there is a large makeshift sign with the words 'IDOL CLUB' on a building close to Amari Suites Hotel and opposite Nova Park Hotel Apartments. I used to frequent the place couple of years ago when it was a straight Issan club. Just down the road from Hollywood. Not too easy to find. If it is that building it aint very big from memory.

martin911
October 16th, 2011, 10:00

I could be wrong but there is a large makeshift sign with the words 'IDOL CLUB' on a building close to Amari Suites Hotel and opposite Nova Park Hotel Apartments. I used to frequent the place couple of years ago when it was a straight Issan club. Just down the road from Hollywood. Not too easy to find. If it is that building it aint very big from memory.

That sounds like the place that Colmx saw last nite when he was in hollywood -- so just across the road from Nab then -- will be interesting to see what happens -- I dont think there is enough punters around to keep 3 Big Gay clubs going --if you took out say 50% of the people that was in nab last (sat ) nite --Nab would be very empty indeed !!

October 17th, 2011, 05:57
IDOL Club is in Soi AR, very close from NAB, look at this Google Maps here http://www.pattayainfos.com/actualite/ouverture-prochaine-du-idol-club-pattaya/

They will have to hurry up if they want to open on the 10th ... look at the photo taken last week http://www.pattayainfos.com/forum/discussions-gay/date-d-ouverture-du-idol-club-t4.html

Is Cityman club gay ? I heard it's a gogo for ladies..

And I hope there will be a big change in Boyztown area... Happy Place is doing a good job like the cheaper prices for expats...
I don't go to Boyztown anymore...this for almost 2 years now...

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 09:19
IDOL Club is in Soi AR, very close from NAB, look at this Google Maps here http://www.pattayainfos.com/actualite/ouverture-prochaine-du-idol-club-pattaya/

They will have to hurry up if they want to open on the 10th ... look at the photo taken last week http://www.pattayainfos.com/forum/discussions-gay/date-d-ouverture-du-idol-club-t4.html

Is Cityman club gay ? I heard it's a gogo for ladies..

And I hope there will be a big change in Boyztown area... Happy Place is doing a good job like the cheaper prices for expats...
I don't go to Boyztown anymore...this for almost 2 years now...

Yeh, that's the place. Looks several months away from being able to open.

lexusgs
October 17th, 2011, 09:25

That sounds like the place that Colmx saw last nite when he was in hollywood -- so just across the road from Nab then -- will be interesting to see what happens -- I dont think there is enough punters around to keep 3 Big Gay clubs going --if you took out say 50% of the people that was in nab last (sat ) nite --Nab would be very empty indeed !!

NAB not so busy anymore? I was there Saturday last and upstairs was n't open at 1am. Place looked like it had a lot Russian guys and girls? Show was a bit drab and the coyotes dressed in street clothes? The Coyotes in Dave look so much more appealing. Have the crowd from BKK visiting at weekends dried up?

colmx
October 17th, 2011, 16:29
Was in Dave last night and it was pretty quiet (second Sunday in a row that it was quiet)

Funnilly enough Midweek seems busier in Dave than a Sun night
Police came around 4 so everything had to be wound down... they didn't enter teh premises - just hung around outside...

Went on to The Club - where there was no more than 4-5 tables occupied at any one time...

Unlike Saturday night - where the place was hopping and felt like x-ray or T&T at their prime

I guess the Dave/NAB style pricing there is keeping away the punters except at the weekends

colmx
October 17th, 2011, 16:33
The Coyotes in Dave look so much more appealing.

Seems like every coyote (and ex-coyote) that i speak to is waiting for Idol to open up - in order to see how it shakes things up
One thing for sure is that NAB desperately needs an injection of new Coyotes boys.... If they don't they will end up being staffed by 40 yo "boys" like BBB!

martin911
October 17th, 2011, 21:18
That sounds like the place that Colmx saw last nite when he was in hollywood -- so just across the road from Nab then -- will be interesting to see what happens -- I dont think there is enough punters around to keep 3 Big Gay clubs going --if you took out say 50% of the people that was in nab last (sat ) nite --Nab would be very empty indeed !![/quote]

NAB not so busy anymore? I was there Saturday last and upstairs was n't open at 1am. Place looked like it had a lot Russian guys and girls? Show was a bit drab and the coyotes dressed in street clothes? The Coyotes in Dave look so much more appealing. Have the crowd from BKK visiting at weekends dried up?[/quote]

I was there also --had similar thoughts to yourself --it was much quieter than normal for a sat -- and too many girls -i left at 4 to go to Dave
Much more fun and sexier coyotes !!!

October 21st, 2011, 04:55
What bothers me in Nab is the constant increase of the prices, and the shows -which were really good before the shutdown period in december last year- that are getting worse everytime now...
The coyotes and models who are here since the opening are now all fat!

newalaan
October 25th, 2011, 04:57
On my recent visit to Thailand we included a few nights in Pattaya as usual. Went to NAB twice on week-days far from busy on both occassions, they've opened up the area where the bar on the left hand side used to be since my last visit in June to set up more tables, none of these were occupied on the nights we visited.

The show was ok and the comic katoeys went down well as they usually do with the thai boys, there seemed a much larger percentage of foreigners in NAB this time round though.

In comparison Hollywood was packed to capacity both nights we went, struggled to get a table both nights, needed the help of long time wiater friends to set up a table by moving a couple round about to fit us in. It was jumping! Band were excellent as usual and DJ ok and although not my first choice we had good nights here with the company we were in....large middle-eastern contingent and their thai ladies, with groups of thai mixed/guys together/ gals together making up the largest segment.

But best fun we had was Tam Nan Chon....went 3 times and had a ball here. First night we had a mix of 2 females/2 men/ 4 gays, got a large table raised up overlooking main floor and it was perfect...plenty of dancing space round us, and had excellent view of the stage everybody thought it a great night with plenty of other gay guys from nearby tables coming over for glass chinking.....we arrived at 12.15am and everyone was dancing through to back of 3am, it was busy but there were some tables at the very back empty. When discussions were made before heading off to club, before NAB always got the first vote, this time it was Tam Nan Chon.

So between 3 TamNanChon, 2 NAB, 2 Hollywood, Gra-Nam, Hard Rock Cafe (to see Klear concert) and Stardice North Pattaya......club night visits I still didn't get to Dave Man (again! just none of our company wanted to go there!) or The Club (again no real interest from any of the guys) nearly got to City Man Club described by many local thais as a Maya clone and equally geared towards females as gays.