PDA

View Full Version : Connecting The Whole Gay Community in Pattaya

SlaveDriver
October 3rd, 2011, 07:40
There are so many segments make up the gay community as a whole in Pattaya. To mention the improtant segments :

The Expatriates - God Fathers of the gay community and mostly comtribute to this forum

The Gay Visistors/Tourists - Who uses the forum to gather information, but seldom contribute

The Thai Guys who work in the bars - who works on the supply side of the market .... I would call them the life life-line of the business.

The Gay business extablishments - not confined to the few, but engage the whole community. Increase your advertising dollars.

Having mentioned the few players who shape the gay market/community, how can this forum open itself to have everyone get engaged in developing the market and keep everyone engaged?

I am sure we all know the most important segment .... Thai guys (supply side) have the language barrier to participate. I am sure the web master can find a way to translate. Can the web trun into a semi gayromeo and another mode by which the bar guys can connect with the real thai cusomers?

I am sure we are going to have a wild discussion .... that's part of engaging and democratic values.

Together we can change and win :hello2:

Marsilius
October 3rd, 2011, 14:34
Your posts suggest that you are obsessed with the idea of a gay community that, as many posters have agreed elsewhere on this board, does not actually exist and is unlikely to ever do so because of the often contradictory motivations/self-interests of the would-be components.

To take just one example from your list. My own supposition, based on many visits over the past twenty years, is that the vast majority of bar boys would see themselves as belonging to the "Thai national community" (regardless of sexual orientation) rather than some notional "international gay community".

In the same way, just a few minutes thought would suggest that the interests and objectives of ex-pats are probably quite different from those of occasional tourists.

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 14:53
Might be BadBoyBilly so think twice before taking his posts seriously. No harm done though...

martin911
October 3rd, 2011, 14:55
No such thing as the gay community as you suggest -- there are farang and then all individual gay /gay for pay thai guys -trying to survive --(almost like a small business ) -but a business that will compete with another - small buisness for the customers

They dont see themselves (and ive just asked 3 guys about your views )as part of some big thai/farang gay community --- but just here to make money and get by -
As for getting the admin to put in a translation service --i would hope not -i would not want for the thai boys to have acesses to see how some posters talk about them --not a good idea that i think

martin911
October 3rd, 2011, 14:56
Might be BadBoyBilly so think twice before taking his posts seriously. No harm done though...

oops just saw your post -- your poss right ,and i fell for it 555555555555