View Full Version : Off-Fees Have they gone up

SlaveDriver
October 3rd, 2011, 00:10
From what I understand is that the Bars have brought in loads of Guys from upcountry for the high season but they have raised the off fees to 500 Bhats.

Is that correct?

October 3rd, 2011, 00:43
From what I understand is that the Bars have brought in loads of Guys from upcountry for the high season but they have raised the off fees to 500 Bhats.

Is that correct?

"Brought in?" What do you mean?

Are you telling us that our beloved Pimps and Madams sent a recruitment bus "upcountry" for reinforcements?

I can just imagine the sales pitch: "Roll Up, Roll Up! Come and sell your arse in Pattaya. 2000B per month plus tips!"

Maybe you think each bar employs a "scout" in Korat, Surin etc?

Or is your imagination just running away with you altogether?

As for "High Season" - high season now is the low season of 10yrs ago. The place is dying on its feet.

:occasion9:

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 01:02
You don't even say if you're referring to Pattaya, BKK or elsewhere...

SlaveDriver
October 3rd, 2011, 07:11
Let me be more speciic and hope that would help.

Read in one of the forums that owners of the Bars are getting ready for the High Season by going up country recruiting guys. Smart move and there is nothing wrong with that from a business prospecive. This is in Pattaya.

Following up on that my friend who is still in Pattaya confirms that having visited X-Boys, David and Funny Boys he has noticed a new set of guys, very attractive and on the fair side (sure from upcountry).

However, when he tried to off one of the new cutie's from X-Boys the Mamasam said 500 Bhat would be the off fees. My friend quickly paid the bill and left the bar saying screw you.

Have anyone else noticed the new hires and the price change?

Also the feedback is that the Bars are full of guys, but no customers. What is happening to the gay world? :sign5:

October 3rd, 2011, 07:30
I am not sure as I only pay attention to my bar.
I have many new recruits as well as some who have returned from tending their fields. I do not know why, so it is futile to ask why the 20 year old mindset is that when customers are slow, the prices tend to go up to compensate for fewer customers. In my opinion a strange thing to do.

Our prices for drinks are 100 baht for soft drinks, coffee, tea etc compared to other bars where they seem to average 150 and up.
Our price for beer is 120 compared to 150 in other bars and our mixed alcoholic drinks are 150 compared to 160 and up in other bars. Our off fees are 300 baht for go go boys 400 for doormen, waiters, showboys and staff. 500 baht for asst managers, and 1,000 baht for my manager. Sorry but I am not available!

We have a happy hour from 8:30 to 9:30 where drinks are 99 baht and FREE OFFS after midnight with a 2 drink minimum after midnight. We see no reason to raise our prices to compensate for slow business or to prepare to reap extra rewards during high season to make up for a low season
That's only my bar. I don't know what the other bars are doing except what I read here online.

Yes, this is a plug for my bar HAPPY PLACE! :sign5:
:tif:

painai2
October 3rd, 2011, 08:16
On a recent visit to Boyz, Boyz, Boyz I paid 180 for orange juice and the off fee was 400 baht. I didn't complain and say screw you. I did, however, off a hot number and was more than satisfied. On a visit to Happy Place Bar, I paid 99 baht for the orange juice and 300 for the off fee. The guy I offed was fantastic. Each guy was worth paying the drink prices and off fees to be able to off them. I do think the 500 off fee might have applied to a waiter or maybe for a guy who was needed in a show.

dab69
October 3rd, 2011, 09:32
you found a **hot number** at BoyzBoyzBoyz??????????????

Happy Boy
October 3rd, 2011, 11:35
I do not know what other bars charge, but at Happy Boys Bar all drinks are reasonable priced as low as 80 baht, off fees are 300 baht.
We have fun in our bar, the boys dance close to the customer and have two floors of fun.
Happy Boys Bar, soi Yensabai.

http://happyboysbar.net/

loke
October 3rd, 2011, 19:45
Yes I will vist Happy Boys next time!

They give good massage for me upstairs.

October 4th, 2011, 00:21
you found a **hot number** at BoyzBoyzBoyz??????????????

Obviously his Health Insurance doesn't cover cataracts.

:rolling:

If I was him I'd get them attended to before he goes into BBB one night and takes of that ultimate "hot number" known as Madame Jim.

:occasion9:

SlaveDriver
October 4th, 2011, 11:03
From what I have been following, it appears that "Happy Place" seems to be the only place that have some business sense and willing to meet the economic challenges in a positive way and willing to change it's business style to suit the current needs.

The Owners posting and business approach is something that all should follow ....... not compete and copy all what he does, but the way he approaches the business. :sharm:

Hats off to you

pong
October 4th, 2011, 16:32
From what I understand is that the Bars but they have raised the off fees to 500 Bhats.

Is that correct?
as about always with these sweeping statements (frankly: if you grow up you learn that- it is called experience) there is never no ''the'. It is SOME.
Unless you have only one bar in mind (as the best) and think of it as THE nly one in LOS

October 4th, 2011, 17:12
Yes I will vist Happy Boys next time!

They give good massage for me upstairs.

massage of what :bounce: :bounce: :happy7: :happy7:?

lonelywombat
October 5th, 2011, 18:00
From what I have been following, it appears that "Happy Place" seems to be the only place that have some business sense and willing to meet the economic challenges in a positive way and willing to change it's business style to suit the current needs.

The Owners posting and business approach is something that all should follow ....... not compete and copy all what he does, but the way he approaches the business. :sharm:

Hats off to you

One of the first things you learn in business is no matter what you do with pricing the overhead doesnt change. Whatever you give away has to come from receipts and if everything is discounted ,reduced or waived you need a large capital base to support you. I think you have little or no experience to lecture those who are trying to survive in a brutal market.

If however you are a business genius, why dont you buy one of the bars and show us all how easy it is to do,

I guess it is a case of put up or shut up. Those TAFE courses part time are not the be all or end all, of running a business.

SlaveDriver
October 6th, 2011, 05:23
Business Lecture - To whom it may concern

You are not in the right business if you can not change with the time, be innovative and creative.

Doing the same thing over and over again (20 years) and expecting the same results is the definition of "Stupidity"

The business turn around is low and the costs are going up. The old school reaction is to drive the prices up and drive the customers away in the longerm.

One of the current business impartive is the cost structure. The old school method is called cost cutting in difficult times. Current method is called cost effectiveness. ROI return on investment and effecive use of the real estate to create velocity.

Keep the prices constant, instead develop a workable formula to generate same amount of turn over with the same number of customers. That means keeping the prices lower and making them spend more time and create the velocity. Drop 25 Bhat on the second and thrid drinks. Charge a minimum charge of 25 Bhat on the first drink called the entertainment fee. Justified, as the customers understand that the bars need to cover their overheads.

Reduce the price of the hosts drinks to 100 Bhat and they all get the standard watered down coke, unless the customer wants to buy the host other drinks.

Spread the cost of the Off Fees if that contributes and/or impact the overhead of the bars. Distribute the cost by keeping the fee at 300 Bhat and the offed host pays the bar 100 Bhat. Create a win-win situation for all ..... the bar, the customer and the hosts ...... so all can be in business.

There are so many iniciatives a businessman can take to meet the challenges of a declining market and over period win back the chased way customers.

If the bar owners do their homework properly and willing to take innovatie steps, the customers will not turn to the internet to keep the gayism of pattaya going.

Hosts are smart and finding ways to stay in business using the technological advancement and the customers using the internet to send a sound signal to the business owners that they are not willing to keep paying more becuase you guys lack business wisdom.

Change or excit the market and make room for who are willing to do the right thing. :love4:

naklua
October 8th, 2011, 18:03
In Sunee Plaza most of the go-go-bars charge 300B off-fee. Good Boys is an exception, as they normally charge 400B but 500B in case you off a guy without buying him a drink.
In Boystwon I tried X-Boys: standard fee is 400B, 500B for one of the show boys.
Disco: The Dave charges 600B to off a coyote.