PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air Excellence in Flight?

bucknaway
October 2nd, 2011, 02:17
Wednesday morning I leave from Philadelphia headed to Thailand on Korean Air. I am thrilled to not have to do a stop-off in Tokyo, instead I will be connecting in Korea (Never been to Korea before). I am looking forward to landing in Korea. I can't wait to see the airport there. I have less than 90 minutes there before I have to board my flight to Thailand. The best part is that I will arrive in Thailand a little after 9pm!

I have heard good things about Korean Air and I am also looking forward to trying them for the first time.
I have flown Delta :thebirdman:
I have flown Thai air :notworthy:
I have flow Eva Air :tongue3:

Now I get to try Korean Air! I will let you all know how it turns out! :)
http://youtu.be/lpHjSyDqhZ0

http://youtu.be/qNPzd71jvOM

Narakmak
October 2nd, 2011, 02:27
Korean Air is quite good. Seoul Airport is also easier to deal with than Narita. Arrive hungry if you like Korean food. They have some very decent Korean food for sale at the airport and they take dollars.

Dodger
October 2nd, 2011, 04:09
Connections in Seoul versus Toyko are definately a lot less hassel.

I'm not thrilled with Korean Air's food - but what the heck, just a few hours and you'll be munching on khau pad...and I'm sure a wide array delightful desserts.

Enjoy your flight to Adventureland...I'll be right behind you!

gearguy
October 2nd, 2011, 06:52
I;ve been flying Korean for the last few trips. They now also have service from JFK. Since Thai stopped their non-stop from JFK, it's become my standard airline for getting to BKK. Like Norirta, you have to go thru security a second time, which can eat in the lay over. But 90 min you should be find. There's a couple security checkpoints you can go thru. Ask one of the staff, if one is better than another, esp depending on the gate for you departure for BKK.

Buck, are you going to see Poj while you are there?

cameroncat
October 2nd, 2011, 07:49
Korean Air Used to be the joke of the industry, but like the Korean Auto Industry, they have made tremendous improvements in the last few years. Newer planes and refurnished interiors on the older ones. Unfortunately they still don't have anything to compare to Thai's Premium Economy seats (for those who can't afford Business but can't handle being cramped into an economy seat for 15+ hours). Thai's Premium Economy seating plus non-stop flight make it the only logical flight for those of us US residents who live on the west coast. It's very easy to earn a Business Class upgrade for about every third trip..

bucknaway
October 2nd, 2011, 07:58
I;ve been flying Korean for the last few trips. They now also have service from JFK. Since Thai stopped their non-stop from JFK, it's become my standard airline for getting to BKK. Like Norirta, you have to go thru security a second time, which can eat in the lay over. But 90 min you should be find. There's a couple security checkpoints you can go thru. Ask one of the staff, if one is better than another, esp depending on the gate for you departure for BKK.

Buck, are you going to see Poj while you are there?

Yes, Poj is my best friend in Thailand. All my other friends seem to have settled down and moved off to other lands. Although they are gone from Thailand they still are so kind to send me birthday cards. I wonder if all this mail coming from all over the world to me is putting me on some watch list someplace? Hahaha!

As far as the flight... I don't mind the 20 hour flight. As a matter of fact, I am looking forward to the flight. The seats don't bother me in the least. I can sit in a seat with my knees pressed up against the seat in front of me and still arrive in Thailand with a smile on my face. I think it comes from being in a family of 10 crammed into car or wedged into a bed. Being the youngest, I never had any space to myself and that lets me endure cramped travel and not feel cramped in the least.

Make the best of a situation has always been my motto and I try to live by it every moment. :hello1:

pong
October 2nd, 2011, 17:38
that airport is ICN=INcheon and lies some 60-70 kms west of Seoul-there is now a high-speed raillink. But you wont see much of the country. That airport comes often out as equal to Sing/CHangi for its passenger comfort and relaxed easy style-and I can confirm that. MUch, much less cramped and crowded as Narita. FROM SEL you will have a choice of western and Korean style hot meals, dont know if they also offer that toward SEL (as it will be coming from some US substandard flight-kitchen)

martin911
October 2nd, 2011, 18:50
that airport is ICN=INcheon and lies some 60-70 kms west of Seoul-there is now a high-speed raillink. But you wont see much of the country. That airport comes often out as equal to Sing/CHangi for its passenger comfort and relaxed easy style-and I can confirm that. MUch, much less cramped and crowded as Narita. FROM SEL you will have a choice of western and Korean style hot meals, dont know if they also offer that toward SEL (as it will be coming from some US substandard flight-kitchen)

I flew with them to Seoul from Bkk a few months ago -very impressed with KA -i flew economy and had all the entertainment systems that you would wish for -
food was good, even the Bf liked what he got !(and i find the him/thais can be picky when its not Thai- grumbling - "not same thailand " bla bla bla )

Did you not consider a stopover in Seoul either direction ?? --Easy navigate -You can get a bus direct from one airport door to the hotel thats right in the centre of gay area (Iteawon )
But ONLY good thur-sat nites --all other nites dead !!
Korean guys are so hot !!!!!!! they are shy in clubs ,and they tend to hit saunas after clubs close- where one night when we were there it was like a scene from a
Roman orgy !!!-- and the noise they make while having sex --- sounds so good haha !!
Gay area easy find/Seoul is not so expensive as a city i found --if you want any info just PM me

Enjoy your trip --as u said its als enjoyable travelling to here ,counting down the hours to funtime !!

francois
October 3rd, 2011, 00:07
Korean Air Used to be the joke of the industry, but like the Korean Auto Industry, they have made tremendous improvements in the last few years. Newer planes and refurnished interiors on the older ones. Unfortunately they still don't have anything to compare to Thai's Premium Economy seats (for those who can't afford Business but can't handle being cramped into an economy seat for 15+ hours). Thai's Premium Economy seating plus non-stop flight make it the only logical flight for those of us US residents who live on the west coast. It's very easy to earn a Business Class upgrade for about every third trip..

I understand that Korean Air will be using the new Airbus A380-800 but the seating in Economy does not appear to be much improved. I agree about Thai Premium Economy.

bucknaway
October 3rd, 2011, 01:20

I flew with them to Seoul from Bkk a few months ago -very impressed with KA -i flew economy and had all the entertainment systems that you would wish for -
food was good, even the Bf liked what he got !(and i find the him/thais can be picky when its not Thai- grumbling - "not same thailand " bla bla bla )

Did you not consider a stopover in Seoul either direction ?? --Easy navigate -You can get a bus direct from one airport door to the hotel thats right in the centre of gay area (Iteawon )
But ONLY good thur-sat nites --all other nites dead !!
Korean guys are so hot !!!!!!! they are shy in clubs ,and they tend to hit saunas after clubs close- where one night when we were there it was like a scene from a
Roman orgy !!!-- and the noise they make while having sex --- sounds so good haha !!
Gay area easy find/Seoul is not so expensive as a city i found --if you want any info just PM me

Enjoy your trip --as u said its als enjoyable travelling to here ,counting down the hours to funtime !!

I didn't even consider stopping off in Korea if only because I didn't do any research on the place. I spent a year learning about Thailand before I decided to holiday there. But now since I will be forced to take shorter holidays, I may take a week or two to explore other parts of the world and korea is at the top of my list! :)

bucknaway
October 9th, 2011, 14:12
The Flight on Korean air was very nice! Big touchscreen monitors at each seat in coach with a wide selection of movies audio books, tv shows, news and music and they also have a USB power port at every seat. And the food was plentiful and good. It was served with real metal forks and spoons!

Had to be one of the best flights I have had to date.

Smiles
October 10th, 2011, 12:06
The Flight on Korean air was very nice! Big touchscreen monitors at each seat in coach with a wide selection of movies audio books, tv shows, news and music and they also have a USB power port at every seat. And the food was plentiful and good. It was served with real metal forks and spoons! Had to be one of the best flights I have had to date.
Thanks for the apres-flight confirmation Buck! I'm flying Korean next March. That will be the first time in 10 years ... i.e. the flight of which my feeling was: "... never again! ...".
I too have heard other good things about Korean lately, so here we go again.