PDA

View Full Version : airportbus

greenteaman
October 1st, 2011, 21:23
This is my Maiden post I;m not the best of spellers so to those that would criticize as part of normal input relax

I was recently in Pattaya for a months stay , returned home yesterday , I have visited Pattaya 38 times , I always without fail took a taxi to and from the airport ,the fare's had crept up to 1500Baht plus each way ,and I always gave a generous tip , I used the same taxi company since visited 2002 .

I always stayed at Pratamnak hill Area but this time because of complications with my landlord and his Thai wife I had to make new arrangment's And I stayed at view Talay number 5 building B ,
it was because I stayed at view Talay 5 that I discovered there is an airport bus service every two hours from outside the super market , I never knew this until I spotted it as I shopped ,I made enquiries and I decided to try it ,
I had not been on a bus since I was a kid and had it in my head Thai buss's looked uncomfortable , I was so surprised at the standard, such a smooth ride and with air conditioning and all for 124 Baht . it took 1hr.30min to reach the airport .

I am now converted to using the bus, all the hassle I used to get on Arrival organizing my taxi to get to me to Pattaya ,
I hope you all will try this Method of transport , what a saving !!!!from 3000 baht plus tips to 250Baht odd ,

donald1
October 1st, 2011, 23:53
I discovered this gem of a time & money saver a couple years ago as I always try to stay in Jomtiem.
http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

donald1
June 30th, 2012, 05:05
sorry to drag up an old post but better than starting another one of the same genre.
Can someone please tell me the name of / or the website for the bus that goes
directly from the airport to the supermarket in Jomtiem. I have taken it numerous times
but for some reason the bookmarked site I had comes up empty. Bell I know goes to the
norther bus station, I stay in Jomtiem so would mean a taxi in. Thanks.

June 30th, 2012, 07:48
I get that bus...just google ...389; airport pattaya bus....its only 134 bhat and runs every hour on the hour..good sevice

NickysGayPattaya
June 30th, 2012, 12:02
The old link still works - http://www.airportpattayabus.com/2012/ is the correct link it diverts you to.

I use the bus a lot to get to and from Bangkok airport. Really handy - departs every hour on the hour. 134 B as has been said

There is also a link on the same page for Bell Travel - http://www.belltravelservice.com/ - 200B to the door of your hotel

Both services share the same desk in the Suvarnabhumi airport - level 1 (transportation level) between doors 7 and 8 (that's the left hand end of the airport as you come out of baggage claim and down one level).

Nicky

donald1
June 30th, 2012, 15:13
Thank You Nicky and BlueChris1. They must have changed their website since February, but reading all the
way through I see its the same. Appreciate the help. See ya all Monday, woohoo :happy7:

cottmann
July 5th, 2012, 11:55
Does Bell Travel still operate? I've tried to contact them for a booking in August through their website but it seems not to be working.

NickysGayPattaya
July 5th, 2012, 12:09
Does Bell Travel still operate? I've tried to contact them for a booking in August through their website but it seems not to be working.

I haven't tried their website (which does have an odd note on the front about not trying to book after September 1st because of a new booking system they're implementing) , but I was at the airport last week and they still had their desk there on level 1 between doors 7 and 8. I'd either try calling them or just go to the desk and book it when you arrive

Nicky

Gaybutton
July 6th, 2012, 11:00
I haven't tried their website

I did. The site works fine for me. http://www.belltravelservice.com/index.php

cottmann
July 6th, 2012, 18:43
I haven't tried their website

I did. The site works fine for me. http://www.belltravelservice.com/index.php

I'm pleased to say that this link also worked for me and that I've been able to make my booking. After having used Bell Travel for a number of years and enjoyed the convenience of their pick up and delivery service, I was afraid I'd now have to pay through the nose for a taxi or limousine ride.

francois
July 8th, 2012, 01:08
..its only 134 bhat and runs every hour on the hour..good sevice

Not quite every hour! No service from 22:00 to 06:00 which negates use for those early morning flights from BKK. :crybaby:

July 9th, 2012, 09:19
greenteaman wrote:

...I stayed at view Talay 5 that I discovered there is an airport bus service every two hours from outside the super market..

Can anyone tell me where this supermarket is? It is the small one on the hill leading to/from the beach? I have taken the bus to the airport ever since they built the new one and I'm always happy with it. Great price! But I have always caught it up at the bus station where buses from Bangkok arrive. I'm staying in Jomtien on my next trip and it would be more convenient to catch it there. I'm not sure where View Talay 5 is. Can anyone give me any landmarks? Thanks in advance to any replies.

NickysGayPattaya
July 9th, 2012, 11:35
It's pretty easy to find. Just go up the hill on the Pattaya Road (Thappraya Road), away from the beach, turn left at the Hanuman Statue and up the new road towards Pattaya. You pass the Jomtien Complex on your left. Pretty soon there is the Thepprasit Road on your right - pass this and continue up the hill. The Supermarket with a large car park in front of it is about 3 units past the Thepprasit Road on the right.

The buses park in there and there is an office on the left hand side of the car park (that's the Pattaya or up hill side).

Good luck!

Nicky

donald1
July 9th, 2012, 12:49
It is directly across from Peter Pan Restaurant.

July 9th, 2012, 12:55
It is directly across from Peter Pan Restaurant.

I think he meant Pan Pan :)

anonone
July 9th, 2012, 13:05
..its only 134 bhat and runs every hour on the hour..good sevice

Not quite every hour! No service from 22:00 to 06:00 which negates use for those early morning flights from BKK. :crybaby:

Very true Francois. As flights from the US typically land BKK at 2300 hours and depart BKK at 0600 hours, us poor yanks are stuck with the taxi costs....unless someone has discovered another option???

Anything out there that I have not heard about for these time frames?