PDA

View Full Version : old farang and boys on the beach

September 30th, 2011, 07:33
cant remember the name of the beach bar but its futher along the jomptien gay beach from tui's
i spent a few afternoons there earlier this year taking in a few beers and a very pleseant breeze
one thing struck me as very odd .. which was thus .. there was a pretty old farang guy maybe german id guess close to 70yrs old .. who was sat with a young very dark skinned thai boy.
now i know some thais want a relationship with farang because of the dollar but these two may did not make sense to me what so ever.
they sat next to each other the times i was there for at least 3 hours each day .. not saying a word or even looking at each other .. i can understand why the farang would want to be with the thai guy but not why the thai would want to be with the farang .. he looked as bored as hell and im sure he was .. so why was he there i would have thought it would have been far more exciting to be back at home looking after the buffalo than bored to tears on the beach.
are some thai boys that desperate they would waste year after year with a farang who could do nothing for them just to survive ? a different mentality to us in the west i know .. but even if i was destitue i could not do what that boy was doing .. sorry if some of this makes not a lot of sense im just home from the pub and this came to mind .. be nice to hear what some of you guys think .. and also what youre thai boyfriends think about it too ..cheers

bucknaway
September 30th, 2011, 08:18
Could have been his step-father, uncle or anything other than a sexual relationship.

September 30th, 2011, 09:08
Brithai, you are assuming that this is not a 1 or 2 week fling.
There are farang that pick up boys at various places and keep them for their holiday time. In many cases the boy speaks little or no English or whatever the farang speaks and they sit there admiring their surroundings. It is also a sure bet that the farang 70+ has really nothing in common with an 18 year old except sex.
Yes, the boys are desperate enough to spend an entire week/month/year trailing around an old farang who is willing to shelter him, give him food and money and maybe even some gifts. If he is lucky, enough money to send home to the family.

cameroncat
September 30th, 2011, 09:34
Some years ago, I new a Bangkok Moneyboy (in his 20's) who was hired/sponsored by a Swiss man who arranged his travel to Switzerland to spend a week with a very rich man who had a mansion out in the country. The old guy was 98! Talk about having nothing in common! He was paid handsomely for sitting around the house all day until the old guy wanted him to come into bed with him for a few minutes each day.

Patexpat
September 30th, 2011, 09:44
Frankly Britthai, what business is it of yours?

cdnmatt
September 30th, 2011, 11:44
Many (most? all?) of the Issan Thais who grow up poor in the villages were never taught forward thinking. Because of that, they don't have the capability to set a goal for themselves, devise a plan to reach that goal, and execute that plan. This is especially true if the plan is going to take over a month or two. And it's difficult to teach someone forward thinking who's been raised all their lives to only worry about today, and not the future.

So yeah, it's simply better and easier for them to stare at the sand for hours a day. Either that, or end up staring at the dirt in the village, while selling somtam for 10B a crack.

chillnorth
September 30th, 2011, 12:06
I appreciate bucknaway's glimmer of open-mindedness. I have an adopted Thai son, straight, mid-twenties. When we're in the States together, we never get the kinds of looks that we just about always get when having lunch or dinner in the LOS, a subject we've discussed quite openly. And to be honest, when I'm here I also make fleeting assumptions when I see significant age differences that don't cross my mind back there.

In this case, the assumption would be that there is a financial relationship between the old farang and the young man that works in some way for each of them. Desperation is in the eye of the beholder. It's easier work for a higher wage. Looking after buffalo is hardly exciting and they don't shit baht after you fuck them.

martin911
September 30th, 2011, 15:54

I think he is entitled to make an comment on what he saw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--

And yes some guys here have little or nothing !! they do what they do to survive ,and more luck to them --
Some like the bar scene ,going out etc ,but the majority dont - - --

gerefan2
September 30th, 2011, 20:58
he looked as bored as hell and im sure he was .. so why was he there i would have thought it would have been far more exciting ...

He was working...as boring as an office job!

Patexpat
September 30th, 2011, 22:16

I think he is entitled to make an comment on what he saw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--

And yes some guys here have little or nothing !! they do what they do to survive ,and more luck to them --
Some like the bar scene ,going out etc ,but the majority dont - - --

comment yes, stand in judgement, no.

maisoui
September 30th, 2011, 22:52
a different mentality to us in the west i know ..

What bollocks. Most European cities have plenty of rent boys and when I was young and svelte I was given to understand that Stateside, a green hankie meant "gay for pay" so which mythical "West" is it you are talking about here?

September 30th, 2011, 22:59
he looked as bored as hell and im sure he was .. so why was he there i would have thought it would have been far more exciting ...

He was working...as boring as an office job!

Nature of the beast!

If the kid wants entertainment and applause, he should join a circus! ...........mind you, some would say he already has.

DCbob
September 30th, 2011, 23:45
I was not there, but will be.
I do not know how crowded it was, so I cannot comment on why.
I take a seat under an umbrella, and most times I do not know the people that were sitting close. It will happen again when I return in November.

loke
September 30th, 2011, 23:53
Isnt this a good thing about Thailand?

That an old man can rent a boy for weeks and the boy will get paid more than he ever would in a normal Thai job.

So yes he was bored, it was a job for him , but I think he will be happy when he receive his salary after a few weeks.....

SlaveDriver
October 1st, 2011, 09:41
It's very true. I found out that on my recent visit to Pattaya.

Most of the guys dont like to go to another bar or the disco? Why?

Can someone explain

October 1st, 2011, 10:25

Can someone explain

Hi,

They don't want to go to another bar because they are not interested in guys parading up and down in underwear and do not share your enthusiasm or you are removing them from their friends and comfort zone.

OR You might see something thst you prefer to them!

next question:

They don't want to go with you to a disco as they don't want their girlfriends/boyfriends seeing them with their overweight ATM..... simple!

chillnorth
October 1st, 2011, 12:40
or, add to the above, at the next bar it might strike you that a sandwich would be just a dandy idea, which in the boy's mind will = a diluted tip aside from any other potential headaches.

TravellerDave
October 1st, 2011, 13:44
Whilst in Pattaya having offed a boy from a bar/gogo I often pay them to stay with me for a few days and that frequently involves taking them to Dongtan beach. Since I am now in the upper age bracket I can realate to the subject of this thread. However I dont believe the boys I take to the beach are bored. I like to chat with them if possible and have no objection to them talking to other boys. I buy them food and drink and when the sea state is suitable a bit of play in the sea is in order, -I often have to buy them swim shorts.
Older gay men with young Thais is a common sight on Dongtan beach - its part of the Pattaya experience for me

October 1st, 2011, 15:14

Spot on Pat!

Sounds to me like Britthai was simply jealous!

Good luck to the old guy!!

:occasion9:

October 1st, 2011, 15:25

Spot on Pat!

Sounds to me like Britthai was simply jealous!

Good luck to the old guy!!

:occasion9:

far from jealous dear i was intreged and please dont get me wrong i agree *good luck to the old boy*
why do some people like to put words into others mouths and try to make them look like the bad guy?
i dont belive at anytime in my post on this subject i had a pop at the older guy tho some people seem to think i want to kill him just for being old .
i was and still am amazed someone young would spend all day at the beach being bored shiteless... i hope when im 70 there are still boys happy to do that!!

allieb
October 1st, 2011, 17:32

Can someone explain

Because most of them would rather get the old farang fart back home or hotel whatever for a quick session. Then tuck him up with a cup of coco, put his false teeth in a glass, tell him they love him, get paid and bugger of with their friends for a real good night out.

October 1st, 2011, 19:14
allieb,

I thought I bascially said that subtlely in my post?... :laughing3:

chillnorth
October 1st, 2011, 20:22
I'm in for an interesting social experiment in a couple of weeks and could well end up sitting on the beach with company that makes people shake their heads. One of my son's friends who is gay, high-twenties, and honestly pretty hot found out I'm passing through Pattaya for a couple of days this month and asked to go along to check it out. None of his pals have ever been to Pattaya and despite knowing our shared sexual preferences the differences in our approach to the town will contrast to the point of being laughable. Even though I'm several degrees shy of seventy and he's beyond 18, I did have to give him the "you are ready for what people are going to think, right?" talk. I do expect to take him to a couple of clubs because he's asked about them and then leave him to explore. He knows what I'll be up to- discreetly for a change- and I'm hardly worried about him finding his way. If you're over 40 and want an exercise in humility, just spend time with a twenty-something who has Grindr installed on his telephone.

martin911
October 2nd, 2011, 01:39
I'm in for an interesting social experiment in a couple of weeks and could well end up sitting on the beach with company that makes people shake their heads. One of my son's friends who is gay, high-twenties, and honestly pretty hot found out I'm passing through Pattaya for a couple of days this month and asked to go along to check it out. None of his pals have ever been to Pattaya and despite knowing our shared sexual preferences the differences in our approach to the town will contrast to the point of being laughable. Even though I'm several degrees shy of seventy and he's beyond 18, I did have to give him the "you are ready for what people are going to think, right?" talk. I do expect to take him to a couple of clubs because he's asked about them and then leave him to explore. He knows what I'll be up to- discreetly for a change- and I'm hardly worried about him finding his way. If you're over 40 and want an exercise in humility, just spend time with a twenty-something who has Grindr installed on his telephone.

Grindr is fun !!!!!!!!!!!!1 not so much in pattaya as bangkok -- but its becoming very popular in asia --
I have one pal in Manila ,he will be dancing away in the club ,surrounded by hot gay guys all around him ,his neck swinging from left to right cruising ,and still has grindr open on his iphone --go figure !!! it must work tho he is the guy i mentioned on another thread that was up yo 165 new sexual partners by june !!

jinks
October 2nd, 2011, 01:52
the guy i mentioned on another thread that was up yo 165 new sexual partners by june !!
I had that many by January...... 1967

martin911
October 2nd, 2011, 01:54
the guy i mentioned on another thread that was up yo 165 new sexual partners by june !!
I had that many by January...... 1967

Respect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

pong
October 2nd, 2011, 17:45
as cdnmatt with his ample experience from an Isan-city and other have pointed out: being bored is hardly an issue. And even it is YOUR idea that he ''must have been'' bored-who says he was? Most of the menial Thai jobs that you always complain about for their pitiful low wages (set to rise to 300 bt anwyay soon now) are the same plain boring. You run a stall in a market and maybe actually sell less as 10 times/day- having you sit there for another 10 hrs.
and the same as for old white farang/young dark Thai lady: ever thought of how many of those couples are married?
Frankly, I ratehr would have read an entertainig story about a grizzly looking old farang who still had dozens of tweeny/twinky smiling hensum+willing Thai boys frolicking in the sands in the shade of the palmtrees with some pix of that...........

October 2nd, 2011, 20:12
Most of the menial Thai jobs that you always complain about for their pitiful low wages

i dont think i have even mentioned anything about thai jobs, unless you would like to enlighten me as to when i have.. sorry about the post not being about an old perv playing tents under his towel.
but please tell us your stories !! its much easier to write your own rather than complaining about others i find. as for the people who have such bad jobs and making no money in the markets how do you know they dont enjoy what they do ? they always seem to me to get on well with each other and have a good time when ever im walking around them, sex is not the only way to make a living in pattaya. i look forward to reading your post :notworthy:

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 15:58
Many (most? all?) of the Issan Thais who grow up poor in the villages were never taught forward thinking. Because of that, they don't have the capability to set a goal for themselves, devise a plan to reach that goal, and execute that plan. This is especially true if the plan is going to take over a month or two. And it's difficult to teach someone forward thinking who's been raised all their lives to only worry about today, and not the future.
Yeah... it's sad isn't it? I've met a few Issan Thais who were much more forward thinking and quite entrepreneurial but most came from families who have done ok. Teachers, land owners and traders.