PDA

View Full Version : Very Nice

September 29th, 2011, 23:30
The new layout looks great guys, well done to the web designer.

September 30th, 2011, 00:00
looks good to me very nice :occasion9:

Dani69
September 30th, 2011, 00:39
looks good :headbang:

Rush, Yet Again
September 30th, 2011, 01:32
The new site layout looks good, jinks and Da Boss. Nice to see a change and a fresh look. Whatever layout you decide on, the ability to mouse over a thread title to see the most recent post is a plus that should remain. Thanks guys!

Also, I know no one likes ads, but I always book my stays in SE Asia on Agoda but forget to click through to their site from here because I seldom see the page their ad is on. Possible to run that on the Gay Forum page without it becoming a nuisance?

bao-bao
September 30th, 2011, 01:55
Nice to see evidence of the sale finally happening. When I noticed my old banner photos were gone from up top yesterday I figured changes were pending, but I didn't want to steal anyone's thunder.

I hope Elephantspike got a fair price for it and can soon find something else rewarding to occupy his time after things settle in here.

Thanks for the good years, 'Spike. It's been nice.

September 30th, 2011, 02:52
Was looking real good but my pages were getting so discombobolated! Nothing fit well on the new page design but I loved it.Now its back to the old! I'm confused!

elephantspike
September 30th, 2011, 03:40
Yes. Daboss is the official new owner. I'm staying on as tech-support, though, so this is the hardest I've worked on the board in over a year while we reinvent the look. I think we all agree that the Absolution style looks great, but there are some technical glitches we need to work out with it to get it to function properly with the board modifications we have in place.

RonanTheBarbarian
September 30th, 2011, 05:22
It looked well, but there were some glitches...mainly the fact that I couldn't post! LOL

Personally I liked the photos on the top...gave the place a bit more personality...perhaps they could be retained in some format, or perhap a new set for the new theme?

September 30th, 2011, 07:10
as a new member here .. tho one that has been reading the board for many a long month i would say take as long as you need .. its a wonderful site with many strange and wonderful creatures posting on it. also ive managed to last 4 days here already unlike gbt where i was kicked after less than 12 hours ..im told gaybutton reads this board i hope he realises that he lost someone who can make a contribution to a site rather than a trouble maker which seems to be his prefered option ... if you are wondering why i was kicked off there .. tho im sure your not .. i poster a thred that read .... gaybuttonthai v letmetellyou .. get them in the same bar and read thru the many posts and battles they have had ... was meant as a joke post .. but the button couldnt handle it .. unlike some who change names and continue to post on sites they have been kicked off .. i can hold my hand to my heard and tell you i would never try to go back there .. i know many of the posters there post here as well .. as all i would say is forget that board and its almost total dependency of pedo topics and post on here .. rant over !

elephantspike
September 30th, 2011, 07:26
OK, I have the Absolution style stabilized enough so that I've reactivated it. I'm not setting it as the default style as of yet, though. If you guys want to help beta test it or are just curious, go to Control Panel> User Control Panel> Board Preferences> Select "Absolution" from the board style drop-down menu>click "Submit". Give us feedback on any glitches other observations.

September 30th, 2011, 09:28
What about a link to google maps when a bar is mentioned in a post?

lonelywombat
September 30th, 2011, 10:53
as a new member here .. tho one that has been reading the board for many a long month i would say take as long as you need .. its a wonderful site with many strange and wonderful creatures posting on it. also ive managed to last 4 days here already unlike gbt where i was kicked after less than 12 hours ..im told gaybutton reads this board i hope he realises that he lost someone who can make a contribution to a site rather than a trouble maker which seems to be his prefered option ... if you are wondering why i was kicked off there .. tho im sure your not .. i poster a thred that read .... gaybuttonthai v letmetellyou .. get them in the same bar and read thru the many posts and battles they have had ... was meant as a joke post .. but the button couldnt handle it .. unlike some who change names and continue to post on sites they have been kicked off .. i can hold my hand to my heard and tell you i would never try to go back there .. i know many of the posters there post here as well .. as all i would say is forget that board and its almost total dependency of pedo topics and post on here .. rant over !

After posting 49 posts in 3 days you are overtaking beachlover in the quantity stakes. After reading this I can see why gaybutton kicked you off his board.

I too have changed to absolute and it is terrific.

September 30th, 2011, 12:16
Spike/jinks,

I have moved to this absolution set up.

OK, Red circle adjacent to post on the left is unread, Blue is read, a star means it is a post you are interested/subscribing to. All clear.

What is it when the horizontal lines contanied within the circle are in motion moving up vertically??? ................. :idea:

September 30th, 2011, 15:06

After posting 49 posts in 3 days you are overtaking beachlover in the quantity stakes. After reading this I can see why gaybutton kicked you off his board.

I too have changed to absolute and it is terrific.

maybe you could have an ignor a certain poster button then they do not need to read posts from members who bore or annoy them..
or a limit button dont need people having an opion on things that would never do according to some
dont worry wombat im on holiday at the moment once i go back to work i wont have time to post bty i can see why you are lonely what a misery !

elephantspike
September 30th, 2011, 15:08
It means it is a "Hot" topic!

September 30th, 2011, 16:53
My main computer is running Windows 7, with Bing browser on a 26 inch monitor so, so far the new layout looks splended.

September 30th, 2011, 19:27
as a new member here....... its a wonderful site with many strange and wonderful creatures posting on it.

I am really getting convinced more and more that Lonely is in fact DaBoss! And if he is not, he sure as heck thinks he is.
Lonely, why don't you just worry about YOU? Let other people have fun and as long as they are not bothering you, leave them alone.
Just a suggestion sweetheart.
:love4:

September 30th, 2011, 21:19
as a new member here....... its a wonderful site with many strange and wonderful creatures posting on it.

I am really getting convinced more and more that Lonely is in fact DaBoss! And if he is not, he sure as heck thinks he is.
Lonely, why don't you just worry about YOU? Let other people have fun and as long as they are not bothering you, leave them alone.

justme,

If that were to happen, half the posters would have nothing to write about!.....

maisoui
September 30th, 2011, 23:05
I'm not sure if absolution is something to be handed out other than by Catholic priests. Is the board run by Catholic priest? Nothing would surprise.

Anyway, the only problem I noticed was that "Ronan the Barbarian"'s handle was not vertically centred in his handle box. I suspect that is what makes him barbaric.

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 00:03

Totally agree! Lonely is FOREVER whinging about anyone who posts a lot. Why? Brithai, whoever he is, has brought plenty of discussion to the forum in recent weeks.

When you opened your restaurant did you complain about people coming back too often and tell them to stay home? :rolling:

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 00:06
Haven't tried the new theme on my laptop yet but saw the mobile version on my phone and it looks great.

Don't forget to put banner ads in the mobile version too. Google says more people in Australia will access the internet via their phone than by their PC or laptop by 2013. I'm sure the rest of the world isn't far behind in this. So if your advertisers/sponsors are savvy they're going to want some of that! If they're not, tell/sell them on it!

October 3rd, 2011, 00:54
well thank you beachlover..
i always thought the idea of boards like this was so people started discussions and got involved in other peoples topics?
whats the point of being a wombat and moaning about posters? infact whats the point of being on a board if you would prefer it if there was nothing to read!!
maybe he just doesnt like newbies.
i shall go to my bed and have a little cry :crybaby: