PDA

View Full Version : Some camfrog observations and questions

christianpfc
September 29th, 2011, 03:09
Some camfrog observations and questions

Some weeks ago, I finally registered on camfrog. Now, after spending most of my free time there, the novelty slowly fades. Here my experiences. There are plenty of gay chatrooms (just by judging the тАЬgayтАЭ in their title). Some have only few members, others several hundred at peak time and still more than hundred at low time (weekdays 6am Thai time, who is online at that time?). In fact, there are too many: whatтАЩs the point of a chatroom that is empty on a Sunday afternoon? There are very few Farang around. The user names are all in English. Many of the members speak sufficient English for a conversation, but in some cases I had entire conversations in Thai (now finally reading and writing Thai pays off. Otherwise I would be unable to chat, and there are some cute boys I want to meet who donтАЩt speak English.)

Amazing, to look into strangers' rooms (and they into mine, but I've nothing to hide), and from time to time there is a Thai boy in underwear! There are plenty of boys age 18-25 who are interested in meeting me. I found a few barboys from Pattaya (during chat I asked where they work). Rumors that you might be able to watch boys masturbate in front of the entire room proved true (now donтАЩt rush to camfrog, I had to spend many hours until I got one of the rare cases, I even saw a woman shaking her boobs in front of the cam and a boy picking his nose). Boys in underwear are common, so are requests to go private or requests to see my dick. So far, I encountered more bottoms than tops.

I estimate about 10-20% of the users online are looking for online sex. There are public messages like тАЬ7 inch looking for bottom in Ram(khamhaeng) 65тАЭ (translated from Thai). I got messages тАЬk or qтАЭ (king or queen) without any introduction.

I met several boys who work in bars (is there no place where they are save from me?), now I know why boys are never on time when I want to meet them again the next day at 12am after a short time: because they are on camfrog until sun rises and then sleep til afternoon!

There are problems displaying thai characters in some rooms (instead of Thai characters, any characters appear like ├а┬в├й├Т├д┬╗├д┬┤├й┬ ╖├Х├и so itтАЩs a problem with the decoding, not someone typing Thai on an English keyboard, it only occurs in some rooms.). My video only works if I tick тАЬuse the old video rendering systemтАЭ in the video settings.

To tick тАЬShow everything with my font settingsтАЭ is very usefull. The standard font size is a bit too small to read on the screen (especially if itтАЩs in Thai). And some boys use fonts that are not easy to read. Now I have everything in 14 which is fine, so I donтАЩt have to get closer to the screen to read some words. (It would be better to set a font and size for the conversation partner, so you can distinguish easier who wrote what.)

I recognized one users from gayromeo and one from real life, and one user recognized me from real life.

Problems with internet connection (on both sides) give a new meaning to тАЬcoitus interruptusтАЭ.

р╣Ар╕зр╕Ч wet is short for р╣Др╕Юр╕гр╣Ар╕зр╕Ч private (misspelling of р╣Др╕Ыр╕гр╣Ар╕зр╕Х?) and р╕Др╕▒р╕Ъ or р╕Др╕▒р╕Я (with as many р╕Я as you want) all mean р╕Др╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ krap.

And here some questions that remain:

Every time I go private, my webcam makes a sound as if it is taking a photo (there are no shutters any more in digital cameras, but the sound is played). What is happening? Are they taking a picture to display instead of the video while I am private with someone?

If you are a pro-user, what are the major advantages? Opening multiple windows would be useful, locating friends as well. The biggest problems are camera not on focus, picture too dark, camera doesnтАЩt point on face or body, slow internet. None of these will be resolved by becoming a pro-user. However I would love to become a Platinum-Super-Giga-Plus-User and be able to watcher otherтАЩs private chats.

How can I directly save a picture or even a video sequence? I use print screen and then insert into a paint program, is there a direct way?

How can I sort users by age (IтАЩm interested in the age range 18-25, and then again 80-110).

There are some rooms that require a password. Where do I get it and whatтАЩs going on in these rooms?

Sometimes a video closes just a second after connection. Is this just by chance or can you block others from viewing their video and disappear from the userтАЩs list?

How can I see the number of members on my favourite room list? This problem is partially solved by just going to Thailand->General where the rooms are sorted by decreasing number of users online.

How do Thais who donтАЩt speak English choose an english unsername?

Sometimes camfrog stops operating and closes. тАЬCamfrog Video Chat has stopped workingтАЭ Sometimes it closes without error message. Does this happen to you as well?

How do I know when a user logged in the last time? (This feature is very usefull in gayromeo.)

How do I unfriend members? I can тАЬAdd User to Your Freinds (sic!) ListтАЭ but I donтАЩt know how to unfriend them.

Do you recognize this internet caf├й? I recognized the wall on several cams, some of them moneyboys.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/various%20stuff/backgroundinternetcafe.jpg

My camfrog тАЬI donтАЩt get itтАЭ list:

Glasses: I wear glasses myself, but I donтАЩt like glasses on pictures on gayromeo and on camfrog itтАЩs even worse: usually you can see the reflection of the screen in the glasses. Fortunately, few wear glasses, so this problem is not widespread.

But the problem that only parts of the body (no, not dicks or buts; shoulders, knees, arms and so on) are visible is videspread. I see my own cam, so why do I have to tell others that I can only see a part of their body (e.g. only a shoulder or a chest their cam points to their body and shows it from belly to neck? Video too dark (often) or too bright (rare) are other problems. It breaks my heart, but there are boys who miss a free online wank with me (and possible meeting on my next holiday) just because their cam is not in focus or points in the wrong direction or itтАЩs too dark in their room.

There are a lot of users who are between 80 and 110 years old according to their profile. This is probably a joke, however I donтАЩt get it.

Why donтАЩt the moderators kick those out (or transfer them to the lurkers) whose cam is black or points at the ceiling or shows a picture show?

Why does тАЬLoading Video StreamтАЭ take so long? At least about 3 seconds, often much longer. (I sometimes have slow internet connection, so the problem might be on my side.) Whereas it takes me usually one second to decide if a boy is my type or not, so I lose a lot of time waiting for the video (I have a book for reading while I am on camfrog).

I was contacted several times by lurkers who wanted to show their cam only in private, тАЬbecause I not cuteтАЭ.

In many cases I tried to access a website that was advertised on camfrog, it was not found on the internet.

pong
September 29th, 2011, 16:49
hallo mein kleiner jung-das waere sehr informativ. Gebraucher jenes bin ich nicht, aber bin nach viele jahre ziemlich bekannt mit wie es oft in Thai angeht.
Just some general info/experience from what I often see in Thai style/webshops etc: of course, this is all speculative and never ever applies to all
1. most Thai are not very technical or computer savvy. Many do not own their own computer/go in a webshop or share with friends. They have to be told such things about part pictures or dark/light and also shown how to correct them
2. Prai wet/ I know Prawet= a district in big Bkk (close to new airport). Ram 65 is likely soi 65, as this long road with sois up to 200 (with 3 or 4 giant uni's and 100s of student flats all along it) needs a more precise location. You did not tell us what ''wet'' would mean in those chatrooms? Prai=slave, ''untermensch'', a name often used by redshirts to show off their grievance against the former ruling elite. Maybe some SM (sa-deet in Thai) after all?
3. and as you may have noted, Thaild does not (yet) have the newest generation of www/inetrnet speed. Thus esp. pictures, VDO;s and the like take an eternal time to load. And not every webcam shows what is shown on the screen. This probably explains most of those irritating technical ''failures''. Hi-tech Deutschland hat ja noch nicht ueberall Einzug genommen.
Tschuueess, muss noch mal 4 Wochen abzaehlen bis's wieder hin geht.

christianpfc
September 30th, 2011, 01:10
The German text is almost incomprehensible to me (as a native speaker), this is what I understand: your found the article interesting, you don't use camfrog yourself, but you have a lot of Thailand experience?

It's easy to forget that many of them grow up without computer and internet in their home towns. The Ram 65 was just an example.

р╣Др╕Юр╕гр╣Ар╕зр╕Ч is transliteration of English "private" into Thai (however Thai2English gives р╣Др╕Ыр╕гр╣Ар╕зр╕Х) and is shortened to р╣Ар╕зр╕Ч (often with many р╕Ч) which I would romanize as "wet". It means to leave the public chatroom and and chat in private without others watching.

I sometimes have problems with internet speed myself.

loke
September 30th, 2011, 04:39
After reading this I test it myself. Many gay rooms I like . I watch the young boys.

But difficult to get sex show video online? I think many Thai boys are shy lol-

I think Pro version is better because multiple big windows?

But it cost a lot of money , dont know if its worth it.

I chat english with many no problem there. But I think most on camfrog not interested in handsome farangs :protest:

thrillbill
September 30th, 2011, 06:10
I think camfrog may be the way to go...I have tried meeting guy through Gay Romeo (my first two experiences were good) but 90% of the guys never look as good as their photo or end up being on the "fem" side when I want more of a masculine type.

September 30th, 2011, 07:14
strange as i find most thias dont take a very good picture most are far better looking in the flesh .. that includeds one guy i met on the jomptien gay beach .. id say he is the one of the best looking guys ive even seen .. yet seeing his picture on gayromeo without ever meeting him i wouldnt have bothered to meet him
and whos says farang are shallow ?

martin911
September 30th, 2011, 15:58
strange as i find most thias dont take a very good picture most are far betting looking in the flesh .. that includeds one guy i met on the jomptien gay beach .. id say he is the one of the best looking guys ive even seen .. yet seeing his picture on gayromeo without ever meeting him i wouldnt have bothered to meet him
and whos says farang are shallow ?

I also think the same --much better looking in reality than from gr/grinder/camfrog /postyung etc pics

loke
September 30th, 2011, 23:45
Well if all u see is a face on a cam , of course they will look better for real .

It depends on what make u horny , a beutiful body or a beautiful face.

Jetsam
October 1st, 2011, 04:04
forget camfrog,

and remember http://www.cam4.com :hello1:

gregvc
October 2nd, 2011, 10:54
I agree that some posters on camfrog are too in your face -eg. hello? are you King or queen? How this is important for a chat I don't know. It goes along with "I love you, what is your name". So deep. I think if you persevere contacts can be better given time. Being banned from rooms, after simply saying hello is frustrating. I can no longer get to the room Friends_alan, not that I have been banned as far as I can see, as I connot even get to the acceptance page, just the notice that the room maybe operating behind a firewall.

christianpfc
October 2nd, 2011, 22:08
Just yesterday, I got the following message as introduction:

р╕Вр╕нр╕Фр╕╣р╕Др╕зр╕в р╕лр╕Щр╣Ир╕нр╕вр╕кр╕┤ which I translate "Can you please show your dick?" (No, there was no "hello" at the beginning. And the use of р╕Др╕зр╕в which is - according to Thai for gay tourists - the most impolite word for dick puzzles me).

Being banned from rooms, after simply saying hello is frustrating. I can no longer get to the room Friends_alan, not that I have been banned as far as I can see, as I connot even get to the acceptance page, just the notice that the room maybe operating behind a firewall.

I just tried to access this room, and I got the error message "Could not connect to room. This room may be offline or behind a firewall/router." As I never was in this room before, it's improbable that I'm banned. But I get this message for another room as well. There is probably a notification if you get banned, but I think I didn't get banned so far. I only get a message when I enter a room and when I exit. However these have problems displaying Thai characters, so I couldn't read them.

October 2nd, 2011, 22:19
р╕Вр╕нр╕Фр╕╣р╕Др╕зр╕в р╕лр╕Щр╣Ир╕нр╕вр╕кр╕┤ according to my traslator = we see little pecker .... did you already have your winky out ?? bad boy :rolling:

Shuee
October 3rd, 2011, 01:25
you get banned just for being a westener in a thai room, i suppose its a kind of racism towards us? you cant win sometimes, show your face you get band for being westerner, point the cam away from your face you get banned or kicked out the room for not showing your face on cam TIT yet again!!

christianpfc
October 14th, 2011, 23:10
р╕Вр╕нр╕Фр╕╣р╕Др╕зр╕в р╕лр╕Щр╣Ир╕нр╕вр╕кр╕┤ according to my traslator = we see little pecker .... did you already have your winky out ?? bad boy :rolling:
No, I don't show my dick in public rooms. Your translator is wrong.

However, last week I got this request: "Show dick" (no "Hello", no "Please", manners like on this board!)

And yesterday, well read for yourself:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/various%20stuff/showurcock.jpg

October 15th, 2011, 00:20
seems some of the youngsters dont waste time with small talk christian .. how very rude of them
but never mind keep trying :evil4: your posts are wonderful.

christianpfc
March 13th, 2012, 06:10
I have two problems with going into rooms in camfrog.

In some rooms, I cannot see other userтАЩs videos. тАЬloading video streamтАЭ takes long and leads to тАЬThis Video could not be loaded. Get help with this problem.тАЭ When I click for help, it leads to the FAQ which doesnтАЩt have a solution.

I can see my video, but my username is under тАЬLurkersтАЭ and тАЬCamera: NoтАЭ. I have the impression this problem is related to the number of members in the room and occurs if more than approximately 200 members are in the room, however those in the room seem not to have this problem.

In smaller rooms (less than 200 members), no problems, I can see others and others can see me. If this problem occurs, I cannot hear the music they play in the room.

I canтАЩt read the messages I get upon entering the room, there is a coding error, I get stuff like this: тАЬ┬л├Ч├й├Н├в┬д┬┤├Г├ й├Н├В┬и├Н ├б┬╖├й ├д├Б├и├Л├Е├Н┬б ├д├Б├и├в┬б┬зтАЭ How can I suppress these messages?

Occasionally (but too often!) I have a problem to join GAY_CHONBURI_CLUB_ZAA and a few other rooms. The message

Could not connect to room. This room may be offline or behind a firewall/router. View Active Video Chat Room List

appears after minutes of waiting.

Any ideas what might be the reason for these two problems? I use the old video rendering system.

I have to say again: people who do not show their cam (instead they show pre-recorded videos, pictures, their wall or simply black) is a serious problem and concerns about half of the members. But even if you deduct those with poor video, poor lighting, camera not in focus, showing only part of the body (like leg or arm), and those who are not my type itтАЩs still worth it. I consider it as a mild insult if someone hides between pictures or pre-recorded videos, but I see he is watching my cam shortly after I look at his video.

I never had any problem going to GAY_CHIANGMAI_ZA and the firewall/router problem occurs mainly with GAY_CHONBURI_CLUB_ZAA.

pong
March 13th, 2012, 09:21
Just yesterday, I got the following message as introduction:
р╕Вр╕нр╕Фр╕╣р╕Др╕зр╕в р╕лр╕Щр╣Ир╕нр╕вр╕кр╕┤ which I translate "Can you please show your dick?" (No, there was no "hello" at the beginning. And the use of р╕Др╕зр╕в which is - according to Thai for gay tourists - the most impolite word for dick puzzles me).
No-that was once-long ago. It nowadays has about same meaning as schwanz (DE) or cock (EN). There are many, both more polite/nicer and even more ruder words for that ''thing'' in Thai. Among those using c.fr I guess it is normal daytoday word-choice.
It still puzzles me why-other as in Indonesia, TH has not more private (that wet=short for prai-wet=the Thai for private in EN) Thai webshops have only all-open monitors-anyone can look at you. Which is why -when this board started showing that moving ff..king boys- you get all kind of schoolbo=ys aorund you who think ithis must be very interesting. Does not promote camfrog much in areas like Ram.