September 29th, 2011, 00:01
Hi everyone

all booked up for next year now. cant wait, may - june 2012
But problem is, i see so many bars and biznesses up for sale
corner bar, krazy dragon etc
they all say they all make a good profit, if that is true
why sell?????
Maybe come next may, there wont be any bars left :dontknow:

I live in Spain and see so so many ex pats comming here and having adream of owning a bar.
but they never last, some 6 months some 3 years
it just seems the same for pattaya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
does any of the ex pat residents of pattya know the average staying time of a bar owner??
would be interesting

thanks

p.s. nice to see Irish Brenden involved in la cage bar, i met brenden a few times in corner bar
he even bought me a GT, so i know where i will be going on my first night hahahha :alc:

September 29th, 2011, 00:31
hi is brendan the big older irish guy who sits at the bar ? or the shorter guy who likes to play pool and teaches english ?
cheers

bao-bao
September 29th, 2011, 05:51
There are lots of reasons clubs and bars don't survive, but barring a complete change of governmental controls there will be clubs open when you get there next summer.

Supply and demand rules the World's Oldest Profession too, you know.

September 29th, 2011, 11:20
Hi everyone

all booked up for next year now. cant wait, may - june 2012
But problem is, i see so many bars and biznesses up for sale
why sell?????

I live in Spain and see so so many ex pats comming here and having adream of owning a bar.
but they never last, some 6 months some 3 years
it just seems the same for pattaya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
does any of the ex pat residents of pattya know the average staying time of a bar owner??
would be interesting

thanks

p.s. nice to see Irish Brenden involved in la cage bar, i met brenden a few times in corner bar
he even bought me a GT, so i know where i will be going on my first night hahahha :alc:

See the latest goings on in and around the Bars and you see what I mean.

I had a Home in Spain for 18 years and all the town use to say, тАЬThe last crazy person, has not left London Airports yet to open a BarтАЭ.

Its the same here, but slightly different the new breed of farangs renting bars for their fem Boyfriends, who only want to Party with other fems, and know the Boyfriend will pick uip the bills til he gets fed up with it, seems to have cornered the market in opening and closings or killing the businesses quick, no matter what any one tells you, if you do not give the customers what they want your wont take much in the till, the stupid thing is, if you look at all the bars and Go Gos In Pattaya and see who is taking the most money, its not any with the majority of fem voiced/ actions boys 30/70 is the norm anything else you loose. Just look at ABOMB and COPA/ most of all NICBOYS. For starters they are doing very well in the down turn, hopefully the crippling of the markets will kill of a few of the bad Bars, leaving the good bars to flourish for the next 5 years till the boom.

So many New Pattaya Gay Bars Opening Now?
by let me tell u ┬╗

What with all the new Bars coming on Line for the High season, Pattaya looks very healthy especially if they go up country and get the workers the customers want.

I keep hearing the demise of the gay life as we knew it in Pattaya, well I can promise you if you come to Pattaya soon, you will be not only greeted with so many handsome boys waiting to please you, many new bars opening in time for the high season, and restaurants for every taste, oodles of 90 degree sunshine and a nice winter cool breeze, ItтАЩs an amazing combination of a cheap and cheerful trip here now.

The latest NEW "Sawadee Boys Bar" about to open, but now will be open as a New Go Go Bar to cater for just what the customers are looking for, IтАЩm promised by the owner, itтАЩs going to be next to 7/11 Sunee Soi VC.

Then we have Wild Colonial Bar the IRISH Bar ex La Cage, is being refurbish with lots of green and Honki Tonk Piano and pool table, which should be fun and a big hit, and then hopefully I was also advised Jim Jim Jimms is going to open for the New Season.

I was surprised though that "Dreamboys" was closed and up for sale, but recently I have been quite a few times and yuk boy, so no customers, when will these bar owners realize as I have been saying for such a long time, if you give the customers what they cry out for your be full so will the till. just look at HAPPYPLACE the owner is doing everything the customer want, even going up country himself to find boys and its full nightly with something for everyone.

EUROBOYS about to open also and if Corner Bar can find a New owner fast, this will be a wonderful Bar with fresh faces and good ideas, may be Mike and Thomas can come to some happy medium about keeping the bar open, even though we all hope things work out well for them, no matter what they decide to do in the long run.

If you look in Salamon Coffee Bar opposite "Wild Colonial IRISH BAR" opening soon, Soi VC, this is the type of Boy that customers seem to want, so as I said to the new owner of SAWADEE BOYS get similar and your be full daily as NICEBOYS always is.

The new late night Club I was at last night called THE CLUB, Soi Lenke, was great fun or the guys with me were, we did have a amazing time there, bit pricy so many handsome visions and all for the offing as it comes closer to rent day.

All those in the know are now waiting for the next Biggest Club to open rumoured on 1st November being called IDOL near N.A.B North Pattaya now taking off, and there is no shortage of handsome Man Boys either, I have had 6 over the last few days alone, so much going on but you have to go and find it no good getting in a rut.

Also we have the all new Gay Boutique Hotel opening 1st November just down the side of Mata Hari 32 luxury gay rooms, with everything you can wish for тАЬBarn Sabadee, is what itтАЩs going to be called:- email (lumsdenj@loxinfo.co.th) for info and bookings, even though it is already 70% full I hear for the high season.

Have you seen the upgrade and refurbishment of BOYZ BOYZ BOYZ Club your be amazed at the changes, so nice and fun looking with all new handsome guys on their way, so many reasons to visit pattaya right now.

Finally now we have next the Sunee pool, the tasty wonderful Le BOUCHON with tapas snacks available also your love this European Thai restaurant with slight French flavour. and the all new jomtien Complex ZEN Cocktail Lounge, opening opposite THE VENUE GAY HOTEL RESORT. donтАЩt forget there, buy one get one free, happy 4 hours 4pm till 8pm, or you can stay at the all new ZEUS HOTEL Opening soon, part of the Ganymead group.

If you want to know who is doing what and what is doing who, try MONTYS Restaurant, Deli and Bar, we are lucky to have him back, he is an Institution in Pattaya and helps keep the area alive. good if you want to make new friends, as is the Corner Bar and and "2 Guys Budget Gay Guest House", hopefully will continue be.

ikarus
September 29th, 2011, 12:03
While I do not agree with all concrete assessments of LMTU, I do agree with the spirit of his post. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, Pattaya is forever and destined to be better with time. Only those farang owners who strive to provide the best service are going to run profitable business. Others are going to transform big fortune to a much smaller one.

September 29th, 2011, 16:17
The new late night Club I was at last night called THE CLUB, Soi Lenke, was great fun or the guys with me were, we did have a amazing time there, bit pricy so many handsome visions and all for the offing as it comes closer to rent day.

i thought everyday was rent day for the guys!!!!!
mothersruin you should find a local comedien to write for.. some of what you write is very funny .. tho im not sure its meant to be .. thanks for giving me a laugh so early in the day :laughing3:

pong
September 29th, 2011, 16:36
dear paperboy: if you are in real bisnis with an eye on making money, then you have to think the bisnisway: sell when your shop is doing well and you can fetch the highest price. Who would want to invest in a bar where noone comes? You make the mopst money when you then buy a rundown shop and are again able to turn it into a wellrun and customer-attracting joint- just running a Thai boybar is not a great way to make a lot of money.
That is assuming that all the premisses are right, but I rather doubt that for Pattaya.

allofmesuneeplaza
October 1st, 2011, 07:22
This has been a surprisingly stable "low season" in Sunee Plaza. Last year 11 bars were closed and for sale during low season. Recently, several bars in Sunee Plaza have put up a for sale sign, but they are open and continue to do business. In addition, Stardust and Le Bouchon have opened in spaces that had been dark for some time. A number of other new places are opening in and around Sunee Plaza.

I opened my bar last December for my (now former) boyfriend, Boy. He is not "fem" and he does not run the bar for his Thai friends. The bar is popular because he loves his farang customers, he remembers all their names and welcomes each one back with open arms. He makes sure the staff takes good care of them.

The bar business is tough. Not just economically (nobody should open a gay bar in Pattaya to "make money"!). But profit margins are narrow and some months there is very little profit. The hours are long, staff turnover is constant, competition is fierce. But I think Sunee Plaza is better than it was when I arrived nearly three years ago. At least four businesses (Yaya, Sky Restaurant and Bar, Le Bouchon and my bar, All of Me) have spent quite a lot of money to upgrade our facilities and each looks great. More are on the way.

Sunee Plaza is alive and well, and I am expecting a lively High Season - starting tonight - LOL!.

MARK
October 2nd, 2011, 10:58
Some funny statement why presume if a bar is for sale itтАЩs going to close never known anybody buy a ongoing concern then close it unless they make a real hash of things. :crybaby:
All so one should not really confuse the 350.000-500.000 beer bars that some do buy just to play with their own staff and run the bar 100% how they like it not concerned about customers or profit. :alc:
To well established bars that could be up for sale for many reasons like making a profit on the sale and moving on to other project or wanting to return home for many different reasons the land of smiles is not always as fun as it seem to most if they do not invest wisely and take care of the investments. :salute: :salute: :salute:

christianpfc
October 2nd, 2011, 22:16
Mark, did LMTU write this post for you? I had to read it several times until I understood what you want to say, and there is a significant shortage in punctuation.

But what I wonder: what do you really buy when you buy a bar? As far as I know, foreigners can only co-own land with Thais, and the entire Sunee area belongs to Madame Sunee and you rent the land from her.

paperboy
October 3rd, 2011, 00:05
why would anybody in there right mind invest in a bar in pattya, knowing they will lose there money at the end of the day.
When i was there this year, i just could not see the logic of having a bar, and not be able to work in it, haveing to be there everynight because you dont trust your manager, having to watch the till and boys every night.
Would it not be easyer, to invest your money else where and live in thailand and enjoy your returns on your investment.
As i said before i see this all the time here in spain,

Beachlover
October 3rd, 2011, 00:12
problem is, i see so many bars and biznesses up for sale
why sell?????

bars that could be up for sale for many reasons like making a profit on the sale and moving on to other project or wanting to return home for many different reasons...
I agree with Mark... Businesses get sold for all sorts of reasons. No reason to assume something up for sale is unprofitable.

Could be personal reasons... owner may want to move locations, move onto something else or doesn't want to work anymore. Could be divesting to cover debts and losses incurred in other businesses in the owner's portfolio. Could be part of a plan to grow and then sell and realise profits. There's so many more reasons to sell a business when it's profitable than when it's unprofitable.