PDA

View Full Version : non alcoholic beverage

thanatorn-old
September 27th, 2011, 15:35
Due to severe over indulgence of alcohol intake over ten years or so, I am banned from touching a drop more on threat of death (as some medical geniuses have quoted - any second now). Anyway my query is what, if any non alcoholic beers are there in LOS and where can I stock up?. Any bars known to stock them? Many thanks in advance.

bao-bao
September 27th, 2011, 20:27
There's Paulaner Thomas Br├дu and Clausthaler, at least. Depending on where you're from you may have to try some different ones in Thailand, though. Try some of the larger stores to stock your own refrigerator, like BigC or Carrefour - and expect to pay a little more for it than regular beer. Maybe consider an alternative beverage for your time in Thailand.

Good you got a grip on reality and stopped (at gun point or however) before you truly lost all - congratulations.

Beachlover
September 28th, 2011, 00:25
Never had a non-alcoholic beer before. What do they taste like?

Alcohol's one of those things you either enjoy in moderation or you will end up not enjoying at all (not to mention have a shorter lifespan). It's a fantastic part of life but you have to lead it and not let it lead you.

I know a few older guys who've been advised not to drink by their doctors because they overindulged over the years. I know this because when I take them for a drink this is the excuse they give for getting someone not alcoholic!

September 28th, 2011, 02:12
i would imagine non alcoholic beer tastes like alcoholic beer just without the alcohol not really for me as i couldnt deal without the headache in the morning especilly if id pulled a pug boy but i guess if you can get off on the atmosphere then it shouldnt be a problem.

thanatorn-old
September 28th, 2011, 04:50
It tastes like beer but lacks that smoothness and can be a little too bitter - not one I would choose normally. It is also a downer when you are not merry (as opposed to being off your face), when everyone else is. True that alcohol needs enjoyment in moderation but when you are young you believe you're invincible. Thanks again for info.