View Full Version : Problem with bad boy Sunnee yesterday

loke
September 24th, 2011, 11:42
I been in Pattaya for 2 days and I won a boybingo at Happy Place , well I won free drinks worth 250 baht so next day I decided to go Sunee to get my free drinks and enjoy the evening.

So I went to this Stardust bar which also is a karaoke place to get my drink, Sitting outside was this 26 year old boy and he smiled and seemed friendly enough. So I shared my drink with him. Then after talking for a while he wanted to show me around. I had no problems with that since I wanted to spend my money on drinking at different bars, Well he seemed to know everyone in Sunee , he told me he had been working many places, also at Monty , but this was probably lies ?

He know mamasan at Nice boy so we go there to look at the boys, very friendly people and he was friends with many of the staff so I felt relaxed.

Then we go Cornerbar for cheap whisky drinks , he drink a lot not me. Then I ask him where is Monty and he bring me there after they closed, One of the staff was there and he was also good friend with this boy , I buy a drink there while the owner Monty is sleeping , this was 1 in the morning,

So then we go to another bar, next to Eros that is open all night, and there I meet this lovely boy from Chiang Mai. His name is Bee. Now he is only 19 year old but he was the one I wanted to share time with, he only drink coke , no alcohol and he was very nice.
But I had all night been buying drinks to this other boy , maybe 1000 baht in drinks to him , and now it was 4 in the morning.

Well it was time to go to guest house with my new date.Now the problem starts.
After walking a few meters this bad boy tried to blackmail me for money and wanted 1000 baht for me leaving Sunee. What I said and was very upset, I just walked with Bee away from him but no he blocked our way.
He continue threaten me and suddenly he say he call police and will tell them I have underage sex and will fix the evidence with photo. Then they will put me in prison. Now I dont believe a word of this but who knows what he is up to.

My new date , very innocent in all this , could not walk with me because of this boy. So he walk back to bar and I started walking back to my guest house. Now I had to start running, the boy continued to follow me , he knew the name of where I stay. He shouted behind me I call the police give me money now.
I just run back , only 3 minutes to my place and get in my room. The boy , obviously very drunk still outside shouting very loud for police.
Yes II was scared , but I would not let this boy blackmail me , maybe if I had given him 1000 baht I could go back with my Chiang Mai boy and we would be happy together.

But no , the whole evening that started so well was just ending in tragedy.

I just warn you not to trust this boy , I dont have his name but he kept teling me he had worked with Monty and then quit .

latintopxxx
September 24th, 2011, 17:03
wow...sounds horrific...never happened to me and to be perfectly frank have no idea how I would handle it...

firecat69
September 24th, 2011, 17:20
You should have paid the boy. He spent all night with you. Just because you bought him drinks does not relieve you of the responsibility to Tip him. You should pay for his time whether you have sex or not was your choice. If not with you then he could have found someone who would have tipped him.

sing_lofty_sing
September 24th, 2011, 17:35
I agree with firecat 69. If you've been drinking with a boy all night at different bars the boy then rightly expects a tip from you.
I think maybe in the future you will be a bit more street wise before you ask a boy to drink with you. Also by having the other boy to go to your room with you would have pissed the older boy off, as he would be thinking that he was your date for the night.
Think before you act next time. I suggest you stay clear of Sunee for a few nights in case hes waiting with a few smackhead friends to save face.

September 24th, 2011, 18:04
Perhaps next time you are in Sunee and at Monty's or Corner Bar you should mention this escapade to the Proprietors as it might not have been the first time this guy has tried this on with unsuspecting tourists so he might be well known for it. Getting angry is one thing, but threatening with underage allegations and the police is quite another.

loke
September 24th, 2011, 21:17
Thank you for replies

I have already discussed this on another forum too , and I admit I did a mistake now .

I have only offed boys in Boystown before and I always tip well and we go back to hotel. This time I was just looking at bars and this boy dragged me along. He was a heavy drinker and his name is probably Lek as been confirmed on the other forum.

Problem was when he threatened me , I never expected that to happened so it scared me away. Yes I should have paid hin 1000 baht just to get rid of the problem but after all the drinks and food I spent on him for a few hours it didnt feel right to give him anything , especially after his suddenly change in behaviour. WHen he started to follow me an shouting police and taking pictures of me with his cell phone there was nothing else I could do hurry back to the guest house.

But I learned my lesson, next time I drink alone and I walk alone , until I find the boy I would like to share time with.

loke
September 24th, 2011, 21:21
Also as been confirmed , he is not working at Stardust , he was just sitting outside , a freelancer as I found out later.

But he has been working over at Monty before , also confirmed by the owner.

cdnmatt
September 24th, 2011, 23:52
If I was that guy, I would have probably been pissed off to. He offered to be your tour guide, you accepted, and then you didn't pay him.

allieb
September 24th, 2011, 23:53
For Fucks sake, you kept him till 4 AM and filled him with booze. Boys in Sunnee want money to live, the drinks are a bonus. You got him into a condition that no other farang would want him and his earning time was wasted.

You deserved all that happened, you could easly have defused the situation by giving him 1,000 Baht ( 20 pounds / 30 dollars ) but you chose to be a fucking cheap skate and ruin his night as well as your own. Go home before you get seriously hurt.

I don't know where you come from but what the fuck does 1,000 Baht buy in your country you mean old cunt.

I just warn you not to trust this boy , I dont have his name but he kept teling me he had worked with Monty and then quit .

I hope he's got your name and warns the other boys about you

bucknaway
September 25th, 2011, 00:11
Your situation reminds me of a time when I had some friends with me. It was their first time in Thailand and were depending on me to help them in their social interactions. When we were headed to Pattaya on the bus one of my friends became friendly with a cute guy sitting next to him. Soon, we all were enjoying a quiet conversation and our new friend joined in the talking fun with us.

When we arrived in Pattaya, one of my friends invited him to join us. I warned them that they would have to tip him because they now are taking up his time. They both seem to ignore my warning and took-up 3 or 4 hours of his time at the beach and visiting bars. True they fed him and purchased drinks for him but I continued to remind them that they would have to pay him.

Well... To make a long story short, I had to end up tipping the guy to avoid a situation similar to yours.

But for you, all is not lost. You still have it within your power to fix the situation and tip the guy what he asked for or to try to bargain the tip down to better than half of what he asked for.

Good luck!

September 25th, 2011, 01:04
He made a mistake. Either he did not know and is new to this or whatever. There really is no need to take his head off for it.
I am sure he now understands how it works. No need to chase away all the newbies just because they didn't understand the ground rules.
:love4:

September 25th, 2011, 01:52
Hi Loke, I'm not sure what your plans are and wether or not you intend to stay around the sunee area for a while ( or in the future) but if so it may not be the maddest thing to do to search out your "friend" again ( I've a feeling that won't be as difficult as you may hope) and resolve the misunderstanding and allow him to save face as whilst in your mind you have done nothing wrong as you ARE in Thailand now "their rules apply" and it may make you future trips there more enjoyable (and safer perhaps ? ) by making your peace with the guy ( as he will undoubtedly tell everyone he can about your little incident) but some baht and a few soft and kind words of explanation ( wether heart felt or not being irrelevant of course ) from you should make all the unpleasantness go away and thus ensure you have a good time (and can relax) the next time you head to the Sunee area - just a suggestion, up to you of course .......and don't worry most of us have been in similar situations at one time or another over the years so you're not alone in having such "misunderstandings" :-)

allieb
September 25th, 2011, 02:12
He made a mistake. Either he did not know and is new to this or whatever. There really is no need to take his head off for it.
I am sure he now understands how it works. No need to chase away all the newbies just because they didn't understand the ground rules.
:love4:

I guess that is directed at me. I don't post very often but I read almost daily. This post made me see red!!! You just don't go around the rent scene and expect to get away without paying for someones time. How would you feel if a farang took one of your boys off stage for several hours, (op admits from before 1AM when he met someone he fancied more till 4AM). and his payment was being plied with drink and no tip.

The op is giving us all a bad name with this kind of behaviour. Any Farang new to the game or a regular visitor to Thailand who finds his way to Sunee must know what kind of enviroment he's in. On the other hand I have heard farang say "I didn't do anything with the boy so why shoud I pay" If I order a drink in your bar and then when its delivered I don't fancy it, should I pay for it? Well the answer is yes.

Mabee I have taken his head off but someone needed to do it to bring him to his senses. We punters are fortunate to have been born with a better start in life than the thai boys we meet and not prostitutes having to sell our body to put food on the table.

allieb
September 25th, 2011, 02:18
Hi Loke, I'm not sure what your plans are and wether or not you intend to stay around the sunee area for a while ( or in the future) but if so it may not be the maddest thing to do to search out your "friend" again ( I've a feeling that won't be as difficult as you may hope) and resolve the misunderstanding and allow him to save face as whilst in your mind you have done nothing wrong as you ARE in Thailand now "their rules apply" and it may make you future trips there more enjoyable (and safer perhaps ? ) by making your peace with the guy ( as he will undoubtedly tell everyone he can about your little incident) but some baht and a few soft and kind words of explanation ( wether heart felt or not being irrelevant of course ) from you should make all the unpleasantness go away and thus ensure you have a good time (and can relax) the next time you head to the Sunee area - just a suggestion, up to you of course .......and don't worry most of us have been in similar situations at one time or another over the years so you're not alone in having such "misunderstandings" :-)

A very good suggestion indeed and better than my angry response

bucknaway
September 25th, 2011, 02:24
We punters are fortunate to have been born with a better start in life than the thai boys we meet and not prostitutes having to sell our body to put food on the table.

Me? I just give it away... People would be willing to do me that favor and pay me too? YES PLEASE! :king:

loke
September 25th, 2011, 04:05
I have already explained I would have acted differently but it was late and I just wanted to get back to my place. I react negative when someone is threatening me , especially underage allegations that came as a total surprise to me.

I think I have spent too many trips in big cities where you dont have to pay to have a few drinks with someone , if its Thai or anyone else.

But Pattaya is different , its only about money and being kind and give away free drinks will not change that. I understand 99% of the boys are there for money.

In Bangkok its still possible to have a drink with a thaiboy without expecting a tip.

loke
September 25th, 2011, 04:11
I feel its Its like them and us when I read this forum , farang vs thais , you know I like to socialize , its not about being a "Cheap Charlie" , I like to meet people from all over the world , and I can be very generous.

I love Thais for what they are , maybe I try to think different , but lessom learnt about Sunee Plaza.

Next time I walk alone and drink alone until I find the "special one".

September 25th, 2011, 07:50
Well spoken Alieb. This low life tried to be cheap and cheat the boy. Pity the boy didn't really teach him a lesson. Of course you all know who the 'well known poster on theses boards' ( As the owner of Stardust said ) is Just in case it slipped by you let me give you a few clues. Do the words, Fuckstick, Moron, Lowlife, mean anything? or how about conman, cheat, liar? getting warm now. Well Let Me Tell You just re-read the post carefully and you'll see the post has all the trade marks of the one and only all time lowlife C&%$

bucknaway
September 25th, 2011, 08:28
Well spoken Alieb. This low life tried to be cheap and cheat the boy. Pity the boy didn't really teach him a lesson. Of course you all know who the 'well known poster on theses boards' ( As the owner of Stardust said ) is Just in case it slipped by you let me give you a few clues. Do the words, Fuckstick, Moron, Lowlife, mean anything? or how about conman, cheat, liar? getting warm now. Well Let Me Tell You just re-read the post carefully and you'll see the post has all the trade marks of the one and only all time lowlife C&%$

That's odd... Seems a person with such a strong, outspoken opinion would have more than 6 posts on a message board. :laughing3:

September 25th, 2011, 08:54
Allieb you are 100% correct. I just think it might have been said a wee bit differently. Yes, I would be shocked and upset if someone took one of the boys out of the bar for hours and paid him nothing. I have had instances that a boy got paid 300 baht for good time.
I can tell you that I handed the boy and extra 500 baht and that's not to tell you cheapies that I will do it AGAIN! I don't know. I just think that all this screaming and calling people fucksticks and going on and on with this anger stuff keeps people away from advertising on this board.
Swatdee is a good board a fiesty discussions are ok but it really gets outta hand and I think advertisers clearly see it and stay away.
That isn't fair to the owner Daboss and well whatever. I know I have my times when I get angry and after some attacks I called someone a cunt and a twat (LOL) so I am guilty at times also. I just thought it might have been a wee bit overboard.

thaiguest
September 25th, 2011, 09:27
Thank you for replies

I have already discussed this on another forum too , and I admit I did a mistake now .

I have only offed boys in Boystown before and I always tip well and we go back to hotel. This time I was just looking at bars and this boy dragged me along. He was a heavy drinker and his name is probably Lek as been confirmed on the other forum.

Problem was when he threatened me , I never expected that to happened so it scared me away. Yes I should have paid hin 1000 baht just to get rid of the problem but after all the drinks and food I spent on him for a few hours it didnt feel right to give him anything , especially after his suddenly change in behaviour. WHen he started to follow me an shouting police and taking pictures of me with his cell phone there was nothing else I could do hurry back to the guest house.

But I learned my lesson, next time I drink alone and I walk alone , until I find the boy I would like to share time with.

Hi,
If this is the small sized Lek who sometimes works in Monty's and freelances elsewhere then you have nothing to fear from him. I have met him a few times (casually) and friends of mine have 'offed' him; all good reports. He has developed a drink problem in Sunnee and comes from a poor rural family. Like many freelancers around Pattaya he's always on the point of being kicked out of his room due to lack of money. His behaviour was probably due to inebriation, disappointment and desperation for some funds to pay his landlord or to send to his mother.
Seek him out and give him a tip and all will be forgotten. For these boys drinks and meals are welcome 'extras' but money is vital.

a447
September 25th, 2011, 10:38
Any Farang new to the game or a regular visitor to Thailand who finds his way to Sunee must know what kind of enviroment he's in.

If he is new to the game, how can he possibly know??

We've all been new to the game and many of us have had our problems with the boys. In my case, many of them were my own fault, but I learnt along the way.

Cut the guy some slack.

The best advice was given by others who suggested he seek out the boy and pay him. Problem solved.

September 25th, 2011, 13:00
But he wasn't 'new to the game' that's the reason for my anger...

September 25th, 2011, 13:47
How will we recognise him?

cameroncat
September 25th, 2011, 14:12
And you wonder how gay people get a bad reputation in Thailand... Seriously, why would you even get yourself in a situation like this? This is what happens when you let the little head rule the Big head.

naklua
September 25th, 2011, 18:15
Yes I should have paid hin 1000 baht just to get rid of the problem but after all the drinks and food I spent on him for a few hours it didnt feel right to give him anything , especially after his suddenly change in behaviour.

IMHO 1000 Baht would have been too much for this kind of encounter. If he is 26yo and has a drinking problem und you did not have sex with him, 500 Baht should have been enough.

September 25th, 2011, 19:06
Yes the OP could have given 500 miserable little baht, but he didn't what to give the boy ANY MONEY AT ALL. There is only one C*&^ in this situation and it sure as hell ain't the boy.

loke
September 25th, 2011, 19:26
I have already explained I would have acted differently if I knew how things developed.

Even if I have offed a boy from bar before doesnt mean I have a lot of experience doing this. Especially not in Pattaya.

allieb
September 25th, 2011, 20:32
I have already explained I would have acted differently if I knew how things developed.

Even if I have offed a boy from bar before doesnt mean I have a lot of experience doing this. Especially not in Pattaya.

You say you have been to may big cities, did you pick up prostitutes, how old are you and what brought you to Pattaya?

Why don't you do the right thing, go out tonight, find the boy and give him some money and an apology. Stop trashing him because you are in the wrong. Other than that I suggest you leave Pattaya for your own safety. If he doesn't get you a pack of his friends might life is cheap in Thailand.

Don't think of pulling the same stunt in Bangkok you might get seriously hurt or even murdered. The boys are much tougher there. If you want to sit and chat with someone over a drink you're in the wrong country. Go to Mykonos Sitges or Ibiza and you can queen it up over gins and tonic as much as you like, there will be lots of takers for free drinks and you wony have to pay for the company.

In Thailand the clock starts ticking as soon as you invite someone to join you.

I hope you do find and give to boy something you really cheated him.

christianpfc
September 25th, 2011, 21:00
This story reminds me a bit of an experience I had:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/lowest-tip-ever-t21211.html

Then after talking for a while he wanted to show me around.
This sounds like he imposed himself on you, and didn't make clear that is was a "business meeting" for him which makes it rather difficult (so does his inebriation). However I think 500 Baht would have been appropriate.

This low life tried to be cheap and cheat the boy. Pity the boy didn't really teach him a lesson.

I would say this incident is rather a misunderstanding. Some people here are very fast with judging others.

I had a Farang friend with whom I hand an argument over a boy. Days later he (my Farang ex-friend) was drunk (actually, he is drunk most of the time) and angry at me and told me that he can lock me in my room when I'm in or lock me out of my room when I'm out (which is true - the door had a hook on the side to the floor and there was a hook on the that allowed to put a padlock through them), that he can spray insect spray under my door into my room while I am sleeping and that he has the phone number of policeman, and if he pays him about 15000 Baht he (the policeman) will search me and find Yaba in my pocket. That was the end of our friendship (that was in the decline anyway).

Your situation is similar: being threaten by a drunk person to report you for underage sex, so I can well understand your reaction.

September 25th, 2011, 21:16
Why do some of you people keep trying to find excuses to excuse what happened?
The OP was in Pattaya.
He was NOT new to the scene.
If you want to be with a boy half or one third you age who does not have a 'regular' job, you HAVE to pay.
WTF is so difficult to understand ?
The OP tried to cheat a poor boy. simple as that. Cloud it whatever way it suites you, but the fact is the OP took advantage and thought he could get away with it. "Oh I didn't understand' yeah right, you thought you could Lord it over the poor Issan boy.
fucking pathetic if you believe this for one minute.
The poor boy, who the OP plied with drink is the only one to feel for in this sad tale.
Op scurried back to his 'guest room' and the poor boy probably slept on the beach, alone and used,,,,,,, again..

gaymandenmark
September 25th, 2011, 21:19

Don't think of pulling the same stunt in Bangkok you might get seriously hurt or even murdered. The boys are much tougher there. If you want to sit and chat with someone over a drink you're in the wrong country......

In Thailand the clock starts ticking as soon as you invite someone to join you.

I hope you do find and give to boy something you really cheated him.

Wow, thank you for the warning, but it must depends...
I have be coming to Bangkok at least two times a year for 15-16 years, and I have never ever paid anyone for having one or two drinks with me in Balcony or Telephone, the same in the other bars in the soi or in Silom Soi 2.
I am still alive and have never had any problems with arguments. Am I missing something and what am I doing wrong not to get into troubles? :laughing3:

September 25th, 2011, 21:29
Dear Gaymandemark, we are not talking about buying someone a few drinks in a bar. We're talking about taking someone to troll around bar to bar until 4 in the morning until you find someone who better suits your needs and then dumping the one who has spent x number of hours with you,(expecting to earn some money), when he could have been . earning money with someone else who would have paid. Is that so hard to comprehend?

gaymandenmark
September 25th, 2011, 21:43
Dear sunnyplazawatcher, my reply was to allieb who also wrote:

"If you want to sit and chat with someone over a drink you're in the wrong country......
In Thailand the clock starts ticking as soon as you invite someone to join you."

If it is so in Thailand, I must have been doing something wrong, especially in Bangkok, where the boys according to allieb are so tough.

I also wrote it must depends, meaning where, who and when.
Eg. many times I have been asked from a "boy" in Balcony if I want to go to DJ. I have paid the entrance and maybe some drinks, but there have never been any expectation, that I should pay any money for his time.

Allieb made a very strong generalization on how to behave in Thailand and my reply was on that and nothing else.

Beachlover
September 25th, 2011, 22:33
Even I know where you went wrong...

Doesn't matter what you do with a prostitute, you still pay his hourly rate in cash. This guy was obviously a prostitute, not a guy genuinely interested in you.

Don't know what you were thinking... Dragging this prostitute around for half the night and then picking up another prostitute to replace him doesn't add to the list of good decisions you've made. What are they to you? Like ties you can swap and change?

The boy was wrong to try to blackmail you. But we're talking about someone you picked up from the filthiest and sleaziest strip of Shitsville here so it should be no surprise.

"If you want to sit and chat with someone over a drink you're in the wrong country......
In Thailand the clock starts ticking as soon as you invite someone to join you."

If it is so in Thailand, I must have been doing something wrong, especially in Bangkok, where the boys according to allieb are so tough.
Gaymandenmark, I agree with what you say but you're probably talking about mingling with normal gay guys, which is not what happens in Sunee Plaza. Allieb and Suneeplazawatcher are purely talking about the commercial sex and prostitution scene while blithely forgetting it's only a small segment of Thailand's gay scene.

allieb
September 25th, 2011, 23:43

Eg. many times I have been asked from a "boy" in Balcony if I want to go to DJ. I have paid the entrance and maybe some drinks, but there have never been any expectation, that I should pay any money for his time.

Allieb made a very strong generalization on how to behave in Thailand and my reply was on that and nothing else.

Perhaps I shoud make it a little clearer. The OP was clearly out crusing for sex in a notoriously dangerous crusing ground. My post was not intended to generalize Thai boys but to generalize what happens when someone is out on the hunt in Thailand and behaves like the OP did.

I'm sure the boys you have bought a drink for at Telephone and paid their entrance to DJ will not react in a hostile way. They have not been attached to you and showed you arround the bar scene for several hours and then fucked off by being dismissed with nothing as you do a Butterfly stunt and go off wth someone else. Had you done that you might have ended up in alleyway with you bollocks in your mouth.

And yes Bangkok boys are much more street smart and tougher than Pattaya boys. Their cost of living is higher and they have to work harder to survive.

bucknaway
September 25th, 2011, 23:59
Bangkok guys vs Pattaysa guys. For the most part these are the same guys. I have met guys freelancing on the streets in BKK and running into them on the beach of Pattaya where they are seeking out customers or a handout.

I just prefer to offer the Original Poster some helpful advise with a open hand. You can lift a person easier with a open hand than you can with a clinched fist. :rolling:

gaymandenmark
September 26th, 2011, 00:38
Just to make it clear, I also thing the OP behaved in a wrong way.

At least he should not have dropped the first guy in a way that he lost face.

Many farangs think they are in a supermarket, and behave like an elephant in a glass house.

This boys, even if they sell "love" for money, have feelings, and no one like to loose face.

Beachlover:
"Gaymandenmark, I agree with what you say but you're probably talking about mingling with normal gay guys"

Wel in fact I am not sure what a normal gay guy is, but I am very sure that some of them have been "freelancers at leisure", some of them still being the nicest and most caring persons. In fact I will call some of them good friends, because they are interested in what is going on in my llfe and the other way round. But I also have the habit to meet people from all parts of society "head to head", if I can say so in english without being misunderstood :hello2:

bucknaway
September 26th, 2011, 00:59
We also have to remember that we were not there and don't know exactly how things transpired. Be careful throwing stones at others who have made mistakes because none of us are mistake free and the world is not short on stones or people ready to throw them.

loke
September 26th, 2011, 01:10

Perhaps I shoud make it a little clearer. The OP was clearly out crusing for sex in a notoriously dangerous crusing ground. My post was not intended to generalize Thai boys but to generalize what happens when someone is out on the hunt in Thailand and behaves like the OP did.

I'm sure the boys you have bought a drink for at Telephone and paid their entrance to DJ will not react in a hostile way. They have not been attached to you and showed you arround the bar scene for several hours and then fucked off by being dismissed with nothing as you do a Butterfly stunt and go off wth someone else. Had you done that you might have ended up in alleyway with you bollocks in your mouth.

And yes Bangkok boys are much more street smart and tougher than Pattaya boys. Their cost of living is higher and they have to work harder to survive.

No I was not out cruising for sex that night , I was checking out the bars and have a look at the life there and when I buy someone a drink I did it not for the purpose of sex. But I understand I should have paid for his time. Yes I finally found a boy I liked very late at night in one of the bars and that was my problem.

Let me also say I agree with gaymandenmark , since I have the same experience myself from Bangkok and Telephone Pub. ANd I have been very generous with many thais before and never tipped after we shared 2-3 hours together drinking and singing karaoke. Except if I bring my boy for the night , that is completely different imo.

So I was stupid to think that the same rules applied for Sunee , is it not possible that a genuine gay Thai guy , not in the working boy scene can visit Sunee and pay for a drink ? I guess not. It happens in the right bars in Bangkok.

Btw I am 38 year old so maybe I am not always expecting to pay for sex , even in Thailand.

bucknaway
September 26th, 2011, 01:39
No, you don't have to always pay for sex in Thailand. I have more free sex than paid sex in Thailand. I find that I have to try to make time aside from the free sex to partake in the paid sex trade.

You can also enjoy the company of guys you meet on the street without having to pay them, but you must know when you are being a host or not.

One way to know is if you go out with a guy that invites you to join him and he pays at times for the things you both enjoy.

Often the guys that see you as a host will mention that they have no money and that is their way of telling you that you must pay and you will be their host.

But as a word of advice. I find that if a guy knows everyone and you want to be a butterfly... It's best that you both understand each other very well. You never want to make a well connected and well known person your enemy. It can make for some very sticky situations.

loke
September 26th, 2011, 01:48
I agree very much with your reply bucknaway.

And I should have been warned by his popularity among the staff in the bars I visited. He knew all the tricks in the book and I was stupid .

Marsilius
September 26th, 2011, 01:54
The OP was clearly out crusing for sex in a notoriously dangerous crusing [sic.] ground.

Something of an exaggeration, I'd say. Be alert and aware of where you are and your surroundings - just as you would wherever you go in a foreign country - and I'd say that Sunnee Plaza is no more "dangerous" than anywhere else.

Dboy
September 26th, 2011, 06:23
The OP was clearly out crusing for sex in a notoriously dangerous crusing ground.

I've seen only a very few altercations in Sunee, and all were Thai on Thai. If one chooses to get drunk in foreign countries and then go stumbling around dark streets in the middle of the night, well, eventually something bad will happen. But sensible people will have no problems in Sunee.

Yes I finally found a boy I liked very late at night in one of the bars and that was my problem.

The way to handle that situation in the future is to make a mental note of the bar, and go back the following night; or discreetly ask the guy to call your cellphone, and save the number for later when you can call him back.

thaiguest
September 26th, 2011, 09:16

Doesn't matter what you do with a prostitute, you still pay his hourly rate in cash. This guy was obviously a prostitute, not a guy genuinely interested in you.

Don't know what you were thinking... Dragging this prostitute around for half the night and then picking up another prostitute to replace him doesn't add to the list of good decisions you've made. What are they to you? Like ties you can swap and change?

The boy was wrong to try to blackmail you. But we're talking about someone you picked up from the filthiest and sleaziest strip of Shitsville here so it should be no surprise.

Gaymandenmark, I agree with what you say but you're probably talking about mingling with normal gay guys, which is not what happens in Sunee Plaza. Allieb and Suneeplazawatcher are purely talking about the commercial sex and prostitution scene while blithely forgetting it's only a small segment of Thailand's gay scene.

Describing Sunnee as 'the filthiest and sleaziest strip of Shitsville' promps me to suspect you're another absentee fraud.

Regular patrons know that Sunnee has come along way over the last 3 years. No more street children (taken up by the police but to where?), friendly bars, gay friendly location, reasonable prices, all-in-all a much better location than rip off boys' town. Sunnee has its problems still but at least it's ALIVE.

bucknaway
September 26th, 2011, 09:24

Describing Sunnee as 'the filthiest and sleaziest strip of Shitsville' promps me to suspect you're another absentee fraud.

Regular patrons know that Sunnee has come along way over the last 3 years. No more street children (taken up by the police but to where?), friendly bars, gay friendly location, reasonable prices, all-in-all a much better location than rip off boys' town. Sunnee has its problems still but at least it's ALIVE.

I visit Sunnee and no nasty post on a message board by a person that has an agenda is going to change that.

As a matter of fact, I spent more time investigating the Sunnee area than I did in the Boyztown area. I tend to see Boyztown as more of a tourist trap and Sunnee as one of Pattaya's secret gay area of bars with reasonable prices.

September 26th, 2011, 11:30
Hi,

The way I see it is the man made a mistake and has admitted it. He further says that the boy shouting and threatening with Police for going with underage, which is nothing short of blackmail probably due to the young man's inebriation, scared him and that's why he ran off.

I don't think a crucifixion is in order.

Go back with a Thai companion. Give 500 baht. That is what it is worth. The guy himself obviously likes the ' sniff of the barman's apron ' a bit too much and that is maybe why he is not working. He could explain via the Thai, that the boys threats scared him and that's why he ran away. The boy will probably be embarrassed to have said such things but then everyone keeps face. A big smile and an apology and it will be over with and no grudges held. It would have been a red rag to me, had the guy threatened me with such action totally wrongfully.

It seems this punter misread the state of play on this occasion. I think the punter on another Sunnee thread here doing disgusting things in a bar in full view and handing over 20 baht notes is far worse in my book.

I used to have a tribe of ' Castrol GTX ' long haired. bone idle lads from Sunnee who went out with me on the beer. However, ground rules were laid out at the beginning, that they were not trade and would be receiving only admission to Red pepper music hall, snooker, beer and food. The idle bastards that I associated with preferred this to going with punters!........... :laughing3:

On many occasion, I awoke to find my fridge at home drained of supplies of beer and food in the morning and Thais spread over the living room floor. They then, had to clean up, which they all did and put the house in good order. I would then take them for eats and drop them off in Sunnee. This happened regularly.

However, the same boys would be straight to me when their jeans werre falling off, bus fares and food money back to Isaarn , birthday and Songkran whisky etc. Doctors when they were sick. So, I suppose it panned out evenly.

That's why I think they looked after me and my ability to communicate with them. I miss them very much indeed. Lazy set of buggers they were.

Lastly, Sunne has changed beyond recognition with the removal of the very young kids, a decisive clean up, no doubt forced from Bangkok due to worldwide negative publicity. A bigger effort from bar owners to improve the area as well. It also offers diversity, a cheaper option to Boyztown affordable by many who can enjoy the Cafe bar culture.

If the gays want true gay cafe bar culture though, it's Siem Reap. The boys also will happily eat your food, drink your beer and go home at the end of the evening without so much as a ' Kiss my Cambodian arse ' and not expect a tip. If that's what the OP wants, Siem Reap is the place. However, you won't find many pickings there. It will be Hobson's choice....

Smiles
September 26th, 2011, 14:27
" ... Describing Sunnee as 'the filthiest and sleaziest strip of Shitsville' promps me to suspect you're another absentee fraud... "I was under the impression that had been established quite some time ago.
Thaiguest, you must visit and post more often ... don't just be a guest.

allofmesuneeplaza
September 26th, 2011, 17:34
This situation is not unique to Sunee Plaza. The boys who work there are not different than those boys who work in Boyztown, Jomtien, or any other city. Most of them are very good boys. But they are "working" boys and they need to be paid for their time.

September 26th, 2011, 20:48
This situation is not unique to Sunee Plaza. The boys who work there are not different than those boys who work in Boyztown, Jomtien, or any other city. Most of them are very good boys. But they are "working" boys and they need to be paid for their time.

Hi,

Not disputed. However, the tack of accusing people of allegedly going with underage as a way of extracting funds is a very very bad practice and needs stamping out very quickly by all to ensure this does not become the norm.

I know the Thai boys as well, and if this trick were to be successful, it would be used again and again and the reasons for it's justification would be less and less.

That trick would not be attempted in Boyztown or Pattayaland Soi 2 or 1 by the boys. Don't ignore this and sweep it away. Two wrongs don't make a right.

This guy by all accounts wasn't attached to a bar and was working freelance. I have said 500 baht was in order and the punter should have had a bit more foresight and manners.

It also pisses me off that you find the boys response acceptable, it isn't. It's despicable.

What next, eh? I'll tell the Police you offered me Yaa Baa or you gave me ganja etc etc, it doesn't stop! Read the signature below!!

September 26th, 2011, 21:33
Not disputed. However, the tack of accusing people of allegedly going with underage as a way of extracting funds is a very very bad practice and needs stamping out very quickly by all to ensure this does not become the norm.
I know the Thai boys as well, and if this trick were to be successful, it would be used again and again and the reasons for it's justification would be less and less.
That trick would not be attempted in Boyztown or Pattayaland Soi 2 or 1 by the boys. Don't ignore this and sweep it away. Two wrongs don't make a right.
This guy by all accounts wasn't attached to a bar and was working freelance. I have said 500 baht was in order and the punter should have had a bit more foresight and manners.
It also pisses me off that you find the boys response acceptable, it isn't. It's despicable.
What next, eh? I'll tell the Police you offered me Yaa Baa or you gave me ganja etc etc, it doesn't stop! Read the signature below!!

That's exactly what I meant in my previous post Kevin. Once you start accepting threats like those mentioned as the norm then a slippery slope quickly turns into a landslide. Yes the OP should have given the boy something for his time, but for the boy to start threatening as he did, no way.

September 26th, 2011, 21:41
Hey Kevin, how about this scenario. The boy NEVER mentioned under age or threatend to call the police. The boy just wanted to be paid...... and because he worked out the cheap cunt was now interestead in another boy and wanted to dump him he became 'upset' and wanted to be paid. The OP then thought FUCK this one's a bit difficult, I can't just fob him off like all the others, SHIT I'd better make up a story coz it's bound to get around and who are people going to beiive..... a freelance boy or a Farang...... go figure and get real will you FFS. You of all people ran a bar and met all these cheap cunts. You must have heard so many stories from your workers. You must also have met so many cheap pricks and yet you are now speaking in defence of a classic example of a cheap, nasty prick. WHAT ABOUT THE BOY.......FFS

September 26th, 2011, 21:46
BTW I mentioned earlier who I believe the OP to be. If you can be bothered check out his history of dealings with and threats from U-A boyz, and now tell me that you believe the boy was in any way at fault.... The boy was used and abused pure and simple.

September 26th, 2011, 21:52
Hi sunnyplazawatcher,

Come on here. We're being asked for comment and balanced judgement on what we are told here by the OP.

I can't say who did what, that's an impossibility, We can only go on what information is given to us here and give a response based on that information.

If you for sure, know different, that would change the thread and peoples responses to it completely.

The only thing I have seen here, is him readily agreeing he made a bad error of judgement and members are advising of ways to correct this situation.

If the boy hadn't/ didn't say those things, then my response would be different.

September 26th, 2011, 21:56
Hey Kevin, how about this scenario. The boy NEVER mentioned under age or threatend to call the police. The boy just wanted to be paid...... and because he worked out the cheap cunt was now interestead in another boy and wanted to dump him he became 'upset' and wanted to be paid. The OP then thought FUCK this one's a bit difficult, I can't just fob him off like all the others, SHIT I'd better make up a story coz it's bound to get around and who are people going to beiive..... a freelance boy or a Farang...... go figure and get real will you FFS. You of all people ran a bar and met all these cheap cunts. You must have heard so many stories from your workers. You must also have met so many cheap pricks and yet you are now speaking in defence of a classic example of a cheap, nasty prick. WHAT ABOUT THE BOY.......FFS

Hi,

Again as I have said, if the above took place my response would be completely different.

Don't need to get pissed with me, you can't find a male in Thailand, never mind Sunnee, who will say they got a poor deal from Kevin. I always treat them well and have now made plenty friends in Lao adopting the same style I have always had.

September 26th, 2011, 22:15
Hi again, Kevin,

I've known you since you opened Throb, and I concur, It would be very difficult to find a male in Thailand that had a bad word to say about you.(myself included) You always were and I'm sure still are a perfect gentleman. If my coments seemed 'overcharged' towards you,
I apologise.
I do get upset when I see the working boyz getting taken advantage of, which happens more often than some people think and ocasionaly my thoughts overspill onto these boards. rgds F

Beachlover
September 27th, 2011, 00:28
My post was not intended to generalize Thai boys but to generalize what happens when someone is out on the hunt in Thailand and behaves like the OP did.
Fair enough... I think you're right. Just because someone's a moneyboy, doesn't mean you treat them like crap.

for Sunee , is it not possible that a genuine gay Thai guy , not in the working boy scene can visit Sunee and pay for a drink ? I guess not. It happens in the right bars in Bangkok.
In Sunee Plaza? No. That's a 100% prostitute place. Don't expect to find anything remotely genuine there.

It happens in the right bars in Bangkok...
If you're talking about moneyboys in Bangkok... then they are not "genuine gay Thai guy" as you say above. They're with you for the money or maybe "sponsorship".

Anyway, you know you made a mistake. People have been pretty blunt pointing it out and you've taken it well so good on you...

I last saw Sunee Plaza about two years ago. Didn't see any children on the streets or anything so my opinion has nothing to do with that.

The filthy sleaziness had more to do with the farang I saw as I walked through the place. Just really a really creepy bunch leering at any boy who walks past, myself included, like they're a piece of meat. Unbelievably rude too. I can't tell you how creepy the place felt with the hard stares and leering, creepy men. Nothing friendly or gay about that. It's like they're from some other world. This is all from my personal perspective and perspectives can vary from person to person. I accept that.

I've also visited some of the bars and some of the disgusting behaviour I saw inside with older farang was beyond anything I want to describe right now.

September 27th, 2011, 15:03
Hi,

The way I see it is the man made a mistake and has admitted it. He further says that the boy shouting and threatening with Police for going with underage, which is nothing short of blackmail probably due to the young man's inebriation, scared him and that's why he ran off.

I don't think a crucifixion is in order.

Go back with a Thai companion. Give 500 baht. That is what it is worth. The guy himself obviously likes the ' sniff of the barman's apron ' a bit too much and that is maybe why he is not working. He could explain via the Thai, that the boys threats scared him and that's why he ran away. The boy will probably be embarrassed to have said such things but then everyone keeps face. A big smile and an apology and it will be over with and no grudges held. It would have been a red rag to me, had the guy threatened me with such action totally wrongfully.

It seems this punter misread the state of play on this occasion. I think the punter on another Sunnee thread here doing disgusting things in a bar in full view and handing over 20 baht notes is far worse in my book.

I used to have a tribe of ' Castrol GTX ' long haired. bone idle lads from Sunnee who went out with me on the beer. However, ground rules were laid out at the beginning, that they were not trade and would be receiving only admission to Red pepper music hall, snooker, beer and food. The idle bastards that I associated with preferred this to going with punters!........... :laughing3:

On many occasion, I awoke to find my fridge at home drained of supplies of beer and food in the morning and Thais spread over the living room floor. They then, had to clean up, which they all did and put the house in good order. I would then take them for eats and drop them off in Sunnee. This happened regularly.

However, the same boys would be straight to me when their jeans werre falling off, bus fares and food money back to Isaarn , birthday and Songkran whisky etc. Doctors when they were sick. So, I suppose it panned out evenly.

That's why I think they looked after me and my ability to communicate with them. I miss them very much indeed. Lazy set of buggers they were.

Lastly, Sunne has changed beyond recognition with the removal of the very young kids, a decisive clean up, no doubt forced from Bangkok due to worldwide negative publicity. A bigger effort from bar owners to improve the area as well. It also offers diversity, a cheaper option to Boyztown affordable by many who can enjoy the Cafe bar culture.

If the gays want true gay cafe bar culture though, it's Siem Reap. The boys also will happily eat your food, drink your beer and go home at the end of the evening without so much as a ' Kiss my Cambodian arse ' and not expect a tip. If that's what the OP wants, Siem Reap is the place. However, you won't find many pickings there. It will be Hobson's choice....

Finally someone with common sense!

Thai Dyed
September 27th, 2011, 15:39
for Sunee , is it not possible that a genuine gay Thai guy , not in the working boy scene can visit Sunee and pay for a drink ? I guess not. It happens in the right bars in Bangkok.
In Sunee Plaza? No. That's a 100% prostitute place. Don't expect to find anything remotely genuine there.

Did you hear that Matt?

loke
September 27th, 2011, 16:03

I think you should calm down and stop accusing me of telling lies. I dont know who you are but why would a malke up a story like this????

The boys name is Lek , and I think a lot of the regular visitors to Sunee know who he is.

Unlike me he was very drunk, (thanks to stupid me who had paid for all his drinks and given him food) and it explains why he changed his behaviour after I did the wrong thing, not tipping him.

What scared me was the words that came out of his mouth :
" I will call the police now , I know them and they trust me , they will charge u for underage sex amd I will make a photo for evidence, them they will put you in prison and deport you. "
Then he took his cell phone and was trying to take a photo of me , and then I turned away and started running back to the guest house,

Now this is a fact and it scared the shit out of me!

He followed me back to the guset house and since it was 4 in the morning not many people around. He shouted Police police several times.

Yes I would have paid him what he asked for, 1000 baht if I knew what kind of reaction he was giving me.

Now this is what happened and I already explained I never will do the same mistake again.

September 27th, 2011, 16:09
i think i would have been more inclined to have him drinking thru a straw for a few months .. and im not a violent person !!

September 27th, 2011, 17:04
i think i would have been more inclined to have him drinking thru a straw for a few months .. and im not a violent person !!

You wouldn't be the first Farang who made that mistake!

September 27th, 2011, 17:08
well its easier said than done :)
i dont think id be offing boys off the streets like that in the first place.
probably best to use a bit of nouse

Dodger
September 27th, 2011, 17:22
Luke,

You have already acknowledged your mistake - so lesson learned.

You can meet some great guys in Sunee Plaza just like you can anywhere else, so don't let this event ruin your good time there.

Unless I'm enjoying myself up in the village with my BF (usually my preference) - Sunee Plaza is my favorite place to hang out. Fun little community of regular farang visitors and expats, layed-back friendly atmosphere, plenty of jaidee guys working the bars, and not a rip off.

I met my BF there 7-1/2 years ago, and evan with his previous drug problem and all the problems associated with his incarceration - he is by far the most special person in my life - second to none. Don't let the term "prostitute" that some throw around with their hidden agendas throw you a curve. The quality of a person isn't determined by the path they choose to find happiness in their lives - it's determined by the quality of their heart and their soul.

Luke, as I think you're already aware, there are plenty of assholes out there. Just follow Kevin's sound advice - and communicate your expectations up front which will shake the assholes loose and attract the genuine guys who just want to have a good time with someone jaidee.

mai pen rai

Dboy
September 28th, 2011, 09:19

I'd say you're BOTH right on this one. Ever seen Sunee in the day time? It IS shitsville LOL! But all the bar areas look better at night, and that goes for Bangkok as well. Having said that, you are absolutely right about the place being cleaned up a lot over the past few years, it has a great vibe. No need to compare it to Boyztown, I don't see it as competition, since Sunee is obviously better. We wouldn't want it to become a tourist place like boyztown anyway. That's why we should all be thankful that Boyztown (and the second road barrier!) exists. Longer term, there's a concern though. It appears the Elders of Pattaya have a long term goal of pushing the bar scene away from the beach (other than walking street I guess) on to Soi Buakhao/Soi Diana area. If that happens, it would be like the visigoths over-running Rome...ok maybe not Rome, but you get the point. It would change the pedestrian flows quite a bit and Sunee would likely get discovered, although then perhaps Thanon PattayaTai might be a barrier idk. No way to guess how that will work out, since the people running things obviously don't know (the experiment with closing down beach road to vehicle traffic didn't last long).

The Arab thing around Sunee has been perplexing me a bit. Why are they there in the first place? How are they managing to rent all that property? How can you possibly cover the rent by running an empty Hookah bar? What's drawing them to that area? I have never seen one of them in a boy bar, and I kinda doubt they'd be all that welcome given stuff I've seen around there (they don't seem to mix at all with the Thai's).

Dboy

bucknaway
September 28th, 2011, 09:31
Now picking up guys outside of a bar is a bad thing? I have gotten a massage on the beach that was so good we moved it to my room... Worked out fine.
It worked out fine several times.

Only once did anyone steal anything from me and that was when I tried to help a homeless guy that I met in BKK and ran into him again sleeping on the beach in Pattaya. I took him shopping for clothes and even purchased some asthma medication for him but he stole a bottle of 100 Pipers I purchased for my boss. He took the bottle but left the gift box it was in.

And before anyone asks, I didn't have sex with him. I only wanted to help him. But I will admit that he was masculine and attractive and very well endowed. I only saw him once when he came out of the shower, threw off his towel and tackled me to the bed. I told him I was his friend only.. No sex..... So we were well on our way to being freinds till he left and I found out that he stole my 100 pipers. He probably put it in bag I purchased for him that held all the new clothes I got him.... :protest:

Shuee
October 3rd, 2011, 03:05
hindsight is a great thing isnt it loke, when i was new to the scene here i learnt the hard way just like you, as they say, been there, done that & changed my ways ready for next time, now if i get a bum deal i pay them just to get rid of them! as the last thing ive also learnt to discover is i dont want to bring any hassles to my door when im on vacation, or even be made to avoid certain places becuase of idiots there.
i rarely get bad boys as i hope is the main here in pty but if & when i do i keep calm & then get rid of the the nicest & quickest way possible, if in some instances this means overtipping them for the poor/bad service you have receieved, if you sense the situation could get nasty, then so be it. just put it behind you & get looking for the next best thing
to be in a better position next time you should always be interested in the guys from the bars, they come with a bit more of a certainty where you can go back to the bar manager & inform them of what the boy did bad to you & you will find they behauv abit better also than some guys from the streets. Street guys do not answer to anyone!
YOu were in a culture struggle here were a foreigner meets thai way of thinking, which you will also find out is very strange at times, but then this come hand in hand with the prostitute scene that is there, if they had their western morals about them, they would no way do what their doing.
my concerns now are that the boys behavoir being so bad that you inform as many poeple about him as possible, all the bad eggs need to be identified, even if its telling poeple not to go with number 99 in abc bar in the future, as a poster kindly pointed out if you see him again 500bt & a sorry should suffice

bucknaway
October 3rd, 2011, 03:51
Loke, has there been any update on how or if you had anymore interaction with the guy this thread was created around? Did you smooth things over with him or did you leave the area before you had a chance to talk to him? I am just curious. If you prefer to let the subject die I will fully understand.

loke
October 3rd, 2011, 06:22
No I left Pattaya last weekend .

I will be back in early December so if I see Lek again I will probably be in a good mood and I will bring with me all the good karma so the boys dont have to worry. :alc:

October 3rd, 2011, 15:18
No I left Pattaya last weekend .

I will be back in early December so if I see Lek again I will probably be in a good mood and I will bring with me all the good karma so the boys dont have to worry. :alc:

Enjoy your stay in December.