PDA

View Full Version : 40 percent of male tourists visit Philippines for sex

Beachlover
September 23rd, 2011, 10:41
US Ambassador to Manila announced 40% of male foreigners visiting the Philippines go as sex tourists... He's obviously pissed off a few people with that remark!

----------------------------------
Forty per cent of male tourists 'visit Philippines for sex'

September 23, 2011 - 10:26AM

Forty percent of foreign men visiting the Philippines are sex tourists, the US ambassador on Manila said yesterday in comments that were quickly disputed by the government.

US ambassador Harry Thomas told a forum of Filipino judges and officials that corrupt officials were involved in a very visible sex trade, and challenged the legal profession to eliminate the "scourge".

"We know that 40 per cent of foreign men who come to the Philippines, including from the US, come for sexual tourism. That is not something I'm proud of. That's not something you should be proud of," Thomas said.

He highlighted a high profile string of karaoke bars and clubs along Roxas Boulevard, one of Manila's main roads on which the US embassy is also located, alleging they were infamous sex establishments.

"Corruption allows these notorious establishments to continue to operate. Local officials will look the other way or accept favours. These officials are doubly guilty," he said without naming any specific officials.

Thomas praised the Philippines for boosting efforts recently against human trafficking, but stressed more had to be done and pledged US help.

"Any American caught engaged in any of these crimes or cybersex should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and we will assist (you)," Thomas said he told Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

Prostitution is illegal in the Philippines, Asia's Roman Catholic outpost, but the sex trade flourishes openly in many urban areas, including Manila.

Nevertheless, the government immediately sought to downplay Thomas's remarks.

"Certainly that is something we would like to dispute. We are not sure where his statistics are coming from," Tourism assistant secretary Domingo Enario said.

Tourism department spokesman Benito Bengzon also emphasised that sex tourism was not part of the government's marketing campaign.........

Read the whole thing: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-new ... 1ko35.html (http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/forty-per-cent-of-male-tourists-visit-philippines-for-sex-20110923-1ko35.html)
----------------------------------

September 23rd, 2011, 13:59
That low?

latintopxxx
September 23rd, 2011, 21:59
gotta book my next trip to the Philippines...had no idea the scene was that good...anyone able to provide insights...assume that its not as easy as BKK where you can walk into a gogo bar in soi twilight and order a fuck toy off the stage....

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 29th, 2011, 20:14
note how the sale of sex has now been transformed into "human trafficking" by the NGO industry- the 20th/21st century version of the Missionaries. :crybaby:

Thank God I'm over sex and now prefer a nice cup of tea or 7 G&Ts :hello1:

Thai Dyed
September 29th, 2011, 22:45
note how the sale of sex has now been transformed into "human trafficking" by the NGO industry- the 20th/21st century version of the Missionaries. :crybaby:

The American Ambassador is a "GO" but nevertheless a shill for the NGO industry at large. Hey Lunchtime, there's big money in both these pursuits, and "His Excellency" knows which side his buns are buttered on.

Brisboy82
September 30th, 2011, 07:15
If you do a general gayromeo search for Asia you will find the vast majority of the guys are Filipino. And the Filipinos will pursue anybody who takes the slightest interest.

Interestingly the Filipino guys are inclined to bareback all the time and yet the HIV rate among the gay population there
Is very low compared to Thailand and also much lower than in western countries.

elephantspike
October 6th, 2011, 14:07
The other 60% of male tourists must visit Thailand for sex I guess? :blackeye:

October 7th, 2011, 11:06
If you do a general gayromeo search for Asia you will find the vast majority of the guys are Filipino. And the Filipinos will pursue anybody who takes the slightest interest.

Interestingly the Filipino guys are inclined to bareback all the time and yet the HIV rate among the gay population there

Hi,

It could have something to do with circumcision as this is highly regarded as a major preventative measure in the spread of the HIV virus.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2011, 09:48
Yeah but it can completely destroy the aesthetics of a dick. For some reason Filipinos are the worst at doing this. They all seem to have really bad circumcisions.

October 8th, 2011, 17:45
Hi,

The Ambassador has been forced to apologise, maybe it was 50% not 40%..... :laughing3:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15226962

I didn't know you were such an expert on peoples dicks Beachy?

October 8th, 2011, 18:11
Yeah but it can completely destroy the aesthetics of a dick. For some reason Filipinos are the worst at doing this. They all seem to have really bad circumcisions.And you say I make stupid statements had them all have you?

October 8th, 2011, 18:18
Yeah but it can completely destroy the aesthetics of a dick. For some reason Filipinos are the worst at doing this. They all seem to have really bad circumcisions.And you say I make stupid statements had them all have you?

Brisbaneguy,

Everywhere I have ever read about circumcision in males, it has always been positive saying the health benefits are very real and far outwiegh any negatives so I don't get what Beachy is talking about.

cottmann
October 9th, 2011, 11:20
Brisbaneguy,

Everywhere I have ever read about circumcision in males, it has always been positive saying the health benefits are very real and far outwiegh any negatives so I don't get what Beachy is talking about.

If that is the case, why did HIV/AIDS spread so widely in the USA, where most males are circumcised?

October 9th, 2011, 12:55
Brisbaneguy,

If that is the case, why did HIV/AIDS spread so widely in the USA, where most males are circumcised?

Hi,

It is not a cure all, although I personally believe widespread claims by too many Doctors to disbelieve it. Also, it not only reduces the risk of HIV/AIDS it has many other side benefits such as various other STDs, cancers and infections.

Condoms are still offering the greatest protections against all STDs.

http://www.circinfo.com/benefits/bmc.html

http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wm ... ircfra.htm (http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wmns36/bloodletting/mcircfra.htm)

I think there is overall evidence of health benefits, but that's just me. As they say, up to you.

cottmann
October 9th, 2011, 17:04
Hi,
It is not a cure all, although I personally believe widespread claims by too many Doctors to disbelieve it. Also, it not only reduces the risk of HIV/AIDS it has many other side benefits such as various other STDs, cancers and infections.

Condoms are still offering the greatest protections against all STDs.

http://www.circinfo.com/benefits/bmc.html
http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wm ... ircfra.htm (http://classprojects.kenyon.edu/wmns/Wmns36/bloodletting/mcircfra.htm)

I think there is overall evidence of health benefits, but that's just me. As they say, up to you.

I would not rely on websites the cite information so old - circinfo is copyrighted 2004 and does not appear to have been updated since. Classprojects information is even older.

The three studies in Africa that WHO and others rely on refer to heterosexual men only. They have been criticized on other grounds - e.g., they stopped before all the evidence was collected.

Evidence in favor of condoms, however, appears overwhelming.

martin911
October 10th, 2011, 00:21

Well i agree with BL on that point --- i Havent seen them all yet ,but over the past two years i have cert seen a hell of a lot --- and their cocks are not pleasent on the eye alsways ,its the late circumcisions --they sometimes end up so butchered looking !!
Having said that the philipnos are a very goodlooking bunch --and more than make up for the not so beautiful cocks with their general attitiude to gay sex ---party ,party ,party :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

Beachlover
October 10th, 2011, 23:03
It comes down to personal taste. Some people just prefer them in their natural state instead of circumcised.

But the Filipino style cut is a totally different thing... as Martin correctly points out! They seem to do it in a way that makes them different to all the others. Have you ever actually been with one, Kquill? I've only been with a few Filipino guys and they were all the same this way. But I also hear others saying the same thing so I'm not the only one complaining...

Kquill, that's like the health benefits of leaving out sugar in your coffee outweigh any negatives.

I saw a documentary about the whole circumcision prevents HIV thing a few years ago and believe it's significantly credible.

In layman's terms, the documentary explained why foreskin increases the risk. HIV can only survive and multiply after it takes over a cell. It can overcome the defenses of any cell, given the chance. The surface underneath the foreskin is particularly vulnerable to infection so there are some particularly aggressive immune system cells positioned there.

These "rambo" cells tend to be pro-active and will actually reach out and pull in pathogens to destroy them. This works fine for most things but with HIV the virus is able to overcome the cell. So by actively reaching out to grab it, these "rambo" cells are actually increasing the chances of infection.

I still don't think this is enough justification to circumcise but this is a very personal preference. And all it does is reduce the probability. It doesn't prevent it altogether.

martin911
October 12th, 2011, 17:41
i think that the main reason they end up with such a butchered look is the fact that most male circumsisions done in that country is done at about 8-12 yo !!!!

I have seen a few clips of it being done and it is not a pretty sight --
It seems to be done in large groups--- screams and blood every where !!!

Beachlover
October 13th, 2011, 21:32
Forgot to mention this earlier...

A mate of mine recently came back from a holiday in Boracay, which is a famous beach destination in the Philippines. He was telling me he had an awesome time and loved it but one thing that really disgusted him was how openly shameless the older sex tourists were with their prostitutes.

He's seen glimpses of this stuff before but was really shocked by it this time. He said the worse image he saw was sitting in a bar while this large elderly male sat opposite him playing and teasing with two ladies in a manner that you might play with kids (reminds me of this thread - regression-t21515.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/regression-t21515.html) )... really disturbing.

So yeah... not a good image for the Philippines.

Anyway, relating this to Thailand, this is an example of why Pattaya needs to partition the commercial sex industry from the regular stuff with good zoning laws and all if it's to attract more regular tourists.

martin911
October 15th, 2011, 10:27

A mate of mine recently came back from a holiday in Boracay, which is a famous beach destination in the Philippines. He was telling me he had an awesome time and loved it but one thing that really disgusted him was how openly shameless the older sex tourists were with their prostitutes.

He's seen glimpses of this stuff before but was really shocked by it this time. He said the worse image he saw was sitting in a bar while this large elderly male sat opposite him playing and teasing with two ladies in a manner that you might play with kids (reminds me of this thread - regression-t21515.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/regression-t21515.html) )... really disturbing.

Anyway, relating this to Thailand, this is an example of why Pattaya needs to partition the commercial sex industry from the regular stuff with good zoning laws and all if it's to attract more regular tourists.

Ive been to Boracay i think now 5 times --(place you talk about is called White Beach-- 4 kms long ,crystal blue waters about as far remvoved from the dirty waters of Pattaya as u could imagine !!)

Anyway i have never seen anything like what your friend described -- Bora is a very much couples /family destination with none of the seedy stuff that you see in Manila /Pattaya -

You stroll everywhere in bare feet chilling , -place has such a relaxed vibe !! --(and plenty of local gay guys in the bar called Summer Place looking for fun )

Beachlover
October 16th, 2011, 19:33
Boracay sounds promising...

Don't know about White Beach as I've never been there and only passing on what my mate told me. He only told me he went to Boracay and Manilla so I don't know if he went anywhere else.

orson
October 19th, 2011, 20:32

please ask for the location. i've been to boracay every year for the past decade, and i have still have not seen any gay activities there. yes you can see str8s at night in those bars. :party , but nada for gay activites :crybaby:

Wesley
November 28th, 2011, 10:33

please ask for the location. i've been to boracay every year for the past decade, and i have still have not seen any gay activities there. yes you can see str8s at night in those bars. :party , but nada for gay activites :crybaby:

Boracay is mostly a straight beach and its best to take your guy with you if you are planning to play. It has a Very nice beach, but it is not really set up for gay traffic. Cebu on the on the other hand, has bathhouses and it gets as slutty or up scale as you like it. But Boracay has always been one place that was set apart by the tourist industry for upscale straight market. But you can go and you are tolerated and treated well, but better to take someone with you unless you are looking a money boy. Those you can find any where and any country.

Wesley

lonelywombat
December 2nd, 2011, 05:05

Is this another attack on the gay tourist or are you including the hetreo sex industry which is 10 times if not more, larger than the very small gay for pay . Last I heard there were 25,000 tourist beds in Pattaya, and about 5000/7000 females working in bars , go go and discos.

What part do you want to partition and where do you suggest it should be placed.

Wesley
December 2nd, 2011, 06:07

Hi,

It could have something to do with circumcision as this is highly regarded as a major preventative measure in the spread of the HIV virus.

Hello My friend,

My Bf was a nurse and i had occasion to ask him why they look like they although some look much better than others none really look good as far as the circumcision goes. The way they do it is with surgical clippers and at an older age. I forget what age but old enough for them to remember it well in their subconscious and conscience for that matter. They cut it only one time, directly towards the head and stop short at the point where the now floppy and hurting skin begins to heal in many ways, depending on how the boy treats it. But if only one straight cut is made towards to head in a cross cut manner then it seems it would leave a lot of room for infection but when it finally heals it generally pulls tight every where except at the bottom and the harder it gets and the larger the cock likely it looks more like he normal one.

Now , This came from one person, I have never verified , it came from a medical person whose father was the chairman of one of the main hospitals there in Manila. He was part Chinese and part Filipino and seemed to be part of the upper class. since he was constantly paying for trips for me and nice shoes for me, steak dinners at the best restaurants. I have been seeing him two years and every thing about hos story seems to check out. I am back in the USA after contracting Cholera. I am fine now and soon will make plans to go back to kg and then the Philippines. Possibly Kazakhstan. It wold be nice to go to Moskva for a one last look at the art at the national museum. The museum was some of the best I have personally ever seen; as was the Bolshoi theater . The boys are hot as well especially if you get them to take a bath.

So how ya doing there Quill, Good to see you back maybe a good reason to post again.

December 2nd, 2011, 07:56
Hello Wes,

Good to see you back too. I am OK,still looking at Siem Reap and Vientiane to open something. I have just got information in on a place in Vientiane and am awaiting a number of options in Siem Reap. To be honest, I prefer the guys in Lao PDR but the business opportunities and the vibe of Siem Reap are much more exciting and interesting. It is also far easier to do business and obtain long term visas for Cambodia.

Tam was blown away by the friendliness towards him from the Cambodians after all the negative stuff he heard from friends in Thailand but now is very relaxed about it all.

He still wants me to look at Bali, where he has been and I haven't! I still also have not yet made it to the Philippines. No excuse really as I am not rushed off my feet!

How are you doing? You OK now regards the Cholera issues? Keep well my friend.

Beachlover
December 2nd, 2011, 18:42
please ask for the location.
My mate is straight and the activities he mentioned witnessing (and I don't even know if this was in Boracay or elsewhere in the Philippines) were straight.

My Bf was a nurse and i had occasion to ask him why they look like
Ah... there we go. Thanks for the explanation at last, Wes!

Got to wonder why they don't change that method. They look horrible to me.

Crikey... Cholera... not nice. Glad you're better.

Beachlover
December 2nd, 2011, 18:57
Is this another attack on the gay tourist or are you including the hetreo sex industry which is 10 times if not more, larger than the very small gay for pay . Last I heard there were 25,000 tourist beds in Pattaya, and about 5000/7000 females working in bars , go go and discos.

What part do you want to partition and where do you suggest it should be placed.
Lonely... I don't mind the sniping but NONE of your recent posts at me make any sense at all. You need to get your brain function checked.

1. I didn't mention "the gay tourist" at all in my post. This seems to be a link you're making in your head. :happy7:

2. Plus, I would never put all gay tourists into the same segment as those who go there for the commercial sex venues. In fact, I wonder what proportion of gay tourists actually do that. I have lots of gay friends who visit Thailand every now and then and never get into that stuff. I wonder, which portion outnumbers the other.

3. Yes, when I refer to the "commercial sex industry", I'm referring to both gay and straight segments.

martin911
December 3rd, 2011, 01:25
please ask for the location.
My mate is straight and the activities he mentioned witnessing (and I don't even know if this was in Boracay or elsewhere in the Philippines) were straight.

My Bf was a nurse and i had occasion to ask him why they look like
Ah... there we go. Thanks for the explanation at last, Wes!

Got to wonder why they don't change that method. They look horrible to me.

Crikey... Cholera... not nice. Glad you're better.

"at last "!!! lol did you not see my post of 12 oct BL ???

not like you to keep you eye off the ball as the saying goes !!!

Re KQ -on the phillipines for business -- ive been looking at that also over the last few years -- but frankly its sooo corrupt (now that is a system in itself which one can work within ,but i think you would want to be of the same nationality as the country in which you would want to work )

My ex BF there is from a big business minded family --and stories he has told me -- not the best place to do business methinks

Although almost all Phillipnos have very passable english ,which would be a bonus !!

December 3rd, 2011, 04:11
Hi martin 911,

Regards Philippines, I was thinking more along lines of a holiday as opposed to businesss. I fancy Cambodia more than any other place at the moment.

Beachlover
December 3rd, 2011, 09:44
"at last "!!! lol did you not see my post of 12 oct BL ???

not like you to keep you eye off the ball as the saying goes !!!
Yes! I saw that! But Wes went into more detail, explaining how the surgery is actually done.

martin911
December 6th, 2011, 02:06
Hi martin 911,

Regards Philippines, I was thinking more along lines of a holiday as opposed to businesss. I fancy Cambodia more than any other place at the moment.

For a holiday its great fun ------------ def a good alternative to Thailand --and the fact that english is widely spoken is a great boost -

any info i can give il be glad to help
be good !!

lexusgs
December 6th, 2011, 10:45
Hi martin 911,

KQ,

Maybe Wes can expand more on this but I found Puerto Galera was a fun place for me to visit. Lots more gay action than Boracay which I found pretty boring to be honest.
I took my flip guys i'd met in Dubai there for a few days break there as a side trip from Manila. There were a few guys online on GR who were working at the hotels.
White Sand Beach is pretty nice though. If you want to blow a few quid there was a very nice Shangri La place there. Rates were $300 up per night.

martin911
December 6th, 2011, 19:22
Hi martin 911,

KQ,

Maybe Wes can expand more on this but I found Puerto Galera was a fun place for me to visit. Lots more gay action than Boracay which I found pretty boring to be honest.
I took my flip guys i'd met in Dubai there for a few days break there as a side trip from Manila. There were a few guys online on GR who were working at the hotels.
White Sand Beach is pretty nice though. If you want to blow a few quid there was a very nice Shangri La place there. Rates were $300 up per night.

Lex
What time of the year were you there ??? for Holy Week ??(although there is nothing Holy about what goes on at Galera that time of the year!!! )

Yes P Galera is a much busier place for the gay crowd than Boracay -- it costs far less to get to than a flight to Bora --A 2 hour coach trip from Manila to Batangas,then a short hop on the boats to White Beach (or other beaches ) is the usual route to take
One thing i really like about some parts of the Phillipines is the fact that the last part of most trips is by boat --but the boats can go right in to the beach in front of your hotel and drop you off -- you can be carried if u like or just wade in the few feet to the shore !!

I was in PG for holy week in 2010 ---what a place for gay guys !!!!!! -- for some reason the place is almost 100% gay crowd that week --- it is so so much fun --and the Philipino guys know how to party !!!

And its so damm cheap there --

Lex did you happen to visit the local attraction "jurassic park " --right at the end of White Beach lol ?????

lexusgs
December 7th, 2011, 10:11
Hi martin 911,

KQ,

Lex
What time of the year were you there ??? for Holy Week ??(although there is nothing Holy about what goes on at Galera that time of the year!!! )

Yes P Galera is a much busier place for the gay crowd than Boracay -- it costs far less to get to than a flight to Bora --A 2 hour coach trip from Manila to Batangas,then a short hop on the boats to White Beach (or other beaches ) is the usual route to take
One thing i really like about some parts of the Phillipines is the fact that the last part of most trips is by boat --but the boats can go right in to the beach in front of your hotel and drop you off -- you can be carried if u like or just wade in the few feet to the shore !!

I was in PG for holy week in 2010 ---what a place for gay guys !!!!!! -- for some reason the place is almost 100% gay crowd that week --- it is so so much fun --and the Philipino guys know how to party !!!

And its so damm cheap there --

Lex did you happen to visit the local attraction "jurassic park " --right at the end of White Beach lol ?????

Of course I did man. Holy week is THE busiest time to go as its a long holiday for the guys from Metro Manila. I was there in July though so not so busy but Jurassic Park is fun as I do like to be outdoors sometimes ;-)

latintopxxx
December 7th, 2011, 21:52
brainless twit...ofcourse condoms are a must...the only thing better is abstinence (and nooo it's not a drink) ....but there have been several studies/reports that indicate that because of circumcision the penis head and neckh toughens up (explains why most cut guys are less sensitive where it counts)because its no longer covered and thus less likely to suffer from tears ot lesions during anal penetration...so no infection route....really simple actually.
However ...having said that I fucked like a rabbit condomless until the mid eighties and am NOT circumcised and somehow escaped auntie aida!!!...so wonders never cease!!

jinks
December 7th, 2011, 22:07
However ...having said that I fucked like a rabbit condomless until the mid eighties and am NOT circumcised and somehow escaped auntie aida!!!...so wonders never cease!!

I too wonder why I survived carrying on as above when so many of my friends were lost.

Survivors guilt is a funny sensation.

christianpfc
December 7th, 2011, 23:58
there have been several studies/reports that indicate that because of circumcision the penis head and neckh toughens up (explains why most cut guys are less sensitive where it counts)because its no longer covered and thus less likely to suffer from tears ot lesions during anal penetration...so no infection route....really simple actually.

There are as well studies that show that circumcision does not affect spreading of HIV. And even those studies that say circumcision lowers the risk for HIV are only valid for west-africans (if at all).