PDA

View Full Version : GOD in BKK

thrillbill
September 20th, 2011, 20:20
My favorite gay dance club hasn't been open for about a month. I realize the owner has to pay off the police to stay open until 5am so at time, it closes the "normal" time at 2am when there is a crack down. But it isn't opened at all. Any scoop why?

Beachlover
September 20th, 2011, 23:06
I'd love to know too... anyone got any news? GOD's also a good alternative when the crowd's thin at DJ Station.

netrix
September 20th, 2011, 23:21
website's down too...

G.O.D.
80/18-21 Siri-Orr Place, Silom 2/1 (small alley between Soi 2 and Soi Thaniya), Sala Daeng, Bangkok
tel: +66 (0) 2632 8033
http://www.g-o-dbangkok.com

Beachlover
September 20th, 2011, 23:36
I wonder if it's got anything to do with Richards closing down.

DJ Station has always been busy or at least semi-busy every time I've been without fail. Where as I've seen GOD busy some times and almost empty other times. Very inconsistent. Maybe they just couldn't survive this way. Especially if they have to pay higher fees to stay open later and attract the after-DJ crowd.

September 20th, 2011, 23:59
When I was up in BKK last week I heard that there was a new Chief of Police put into place. A person was instructed to come down hard on corruption and bars. I have absolutely no information that what I heard is true or not and if it is so, if this has anything to do with it.

christianpfc
September 21st, 2011, 03:25
I went there only three times. Once a boy who was interested in me lured me there away from the crowd in DJ-station (so there are no distractions, he probably knew that it would be almost empty before DJ-station closes) and twice again after DJ-station, when it was full on both occasions. So maybe it's empty before 2am and full after 2am? After DJ, I prefer to go to bed and I don't like the fact that smoking is allowed in GOD, so I didn't go to GOD for the last 3 holidays in Thailand.

thaiguest
September 21st, 2011, 07:03
My favorite gay dance club hasn't been open for about a month. I realize the owner has to pay off the police to stay open until 5am so at time, it closes the "normal" time at 2am when there is a crack down. But it isn't opened at all. Any scoop why?

I've always heard that GOD is technically an illegal venue operating without official sanction and is tolerated by the 'powers that be' for the usual reason. Let's hope the 'powers that be' see reason soon again. We need all the venues we can get.

cameroncat
September 21st, 2011, 07:48
No Smoking is a city law. It's not voluntary. If GOD was allowing smoking, they were doing illegally. Every time I went to GOD, it seemed to attract mostly middle class Thai boys (non-moneyboys) who more often than not, were more interested in each other than in any farangs hanging around...

September 21st, 2011, 09:18
I wonder if it's got anything to do with Richards closing down.Richards isnt close just new name and new management.

dab69
September 21st, 2011, 09:37
I wonder if it's got anything to do with Richards closing down.

Did GOD have a wheelchair ramp?

Beachlover
September 22nd, 2011, 23:10
No Smoking is a city law. It's not voluntary. If GOD was allowing smoking, they were doing illegally. Every time I went to GOD, it seemed to attract mostly middle class Thai boys (non-moneyboys) who more often than not, were more interested in each other than in any farangs hanging around...
Really? I find more middle-class gay Thais at DJ Station. The GOD crowd seems heavy on moneyboys and out of town Thais.

I still remember on one of my earlier trips, going to GOD alone and meeting a group of boys from Isaan who were in Bangkok on holidays celebrating their graduation from high school. They were so friendly. Had mad fun with them. Other than that time, DJ's been better for me.

September 23rd, 2011, 06:43
and meeting a group of boys from Isaan who were in Bangkok on holidays celebrating their graduation from high school. They were so friendly. Had mad fun with them.

You're implying it "takes a while" for Isaan boys to get through high school? Maybe it's just the more wretchedly older you get the younger they look? Hmmmmm, C. Blimp?

Beachlover
September 23rd, 2011, 11:04
Not implying anything and don't know but they were all in their early-twenties... I was in my early twenties then too.

cameroncat
September 23rd, 2011, 13:07
Whether you meet "Middle Class Thai's" or "Moneyboys" at DJ's often depends on what floor you hang out on LOL. You don't want Moneyboys, stay on the first floor hehe

Beachlover
September 24th, 2011, 05:37
Totally right, Cameroncat! Took me a few visits to work out there's usually nothing worth meeting on the second and third floors. All my best chat ups have been on the ground-level dance floor.