PDA

View Full Version : At home, NO! In Thailand.. YES!

bucknaway
September 17th, 2011, 23:04
While getting ready for my holiday in Thailand, I have been doing some clothes shopping on the internet. Mostly I have been buying hard to find hooded tops and beachwear. Well I just received some beach shorts that were made in China. I put them on and found them to be so skimpy that they made me blush! They are so skimpy that they could be labeled as speedo! I wondered if I would have the balls to wear them to the beach. I know that I would never wear them in public here in the USA if my family were around, but I could see myself in them if I was on the beach in Miami.

One thing for sure is that I DARE NOT GET IN THE WATER with these things on!

Once my vacation is over, I imagine I will wear them around the house after a shower. Maybe I will wear them as a set with a light robe. Similar to the silk robes sold by the taylor shops in Pattaya.

I have a few shorts from Andrew Christian as well that are total nut huggers.... I am sure that I will we wrapped in a towel as I walk from the View Talay towards the beach. :tard:

But one lucky thing is that I opend my suitcase and found it stuffed with new clothes I purchased from Thailand last year that I can wear this year while there and I am sure everyone will take one look and know that I am dressed from head to toe in clothes from the Bangkok Weekend Market! :sign5:

Marsilius
September 18th, 2011, 00:00
I wondered if I would have the balls to wear them to the beach....

If they're that revealing then I imagine that the answer to the question will be quite obvious for any other beach-goers to see.

cameroncat
September 18th, 2011, 13:22
A hooded top? what ever for? Way to Hot in Thailand for that... might be useful on a cold airplane ride over, but that's about it.

christianpfc
September 18th, 2011, 18:41
As Thailand is a country where you can buy clothing much cheaper than in Europe (I assume the same is true for the USA?), I buy most of my clothes in Thailand.

bucknaway
September 18th, 2011, 21:16
No, the clothing here in the USA is on sale. Summer fashion is on clearance. I am able to buy $40 shirts for $5. And with a strong baht and weak dollar, I think that the clothes I would buy are not going to be cheap in cost in Thailand.

This is a hooded top similar to the ones I am buying.

[attachment=0:uytfspmy]unnamed.jpg[/attachment:uytfspmy]

Brisboy82
September 19th, 2011, 05:11
Why the hell would a sleeveless shirt have a hood on it. Isnt that counter productive?

paperboy
September 19th, 2011, 06:12
:rolling:
called fashion
:violent1:
p.s. for young people :laughing3:

bucknaway
September 19th, 2011, 06:45
called fashion

I'm going to keep my mouth shut... :rolling:

Brisboy82
September 19th, 2011, 07:11
called fashion

Hey I am about the second youngest person on this board!

Are you allowed to wear hoods in us malls? They are banned in Australia and uk due to security
Issues.

bucknaway
September 19th, 2011, 07:21
called fashion

Are you allowed to wear hoods in us malls? They are banned in Australia and uk due to security
Issues.

You don't put the hood up. You wear the hood down. It's kind of like shutters on the house. Here in the USA, shutters are there for decoration and not made to be used. The same for the Designer Hooded Tank. The hood is on the shirt simply for decoration.

Brisboy82
September 19th, 2011, 07:27
called fashion

Issues.

You don't put the hood up. You wear the hood down. It's kind of like shutters on the house. Here in the USA, shutters are there for decoration and not made to be used. The same for the Designer Hooded Tank. The hood is on the shirt simply for decoration.

I have found that shopping in the us and uk is an absolute bargain compared to Australia. So many shops are closing in Australia because everybody orders their goods from overseas. It's even been said that if you fly to the us to go shopping the money you save can cover the cost of the trip.

As for Thailand if you are being quality brand name products I think you will ind the us is actually better value then too. Thailand has a lot of very heap clothes but you get what you pay for

bucknaway
September 19th, 2011, 08:01
Yes, for off brand items, Thailand can be a reasonable place to buy clothes. But for name brand, it is expensive. But I must say that I do like the clothes sold at Domon. The prices are low and the quality is very good. Everyone here compliments the Domon clothes I bring back from Thailand. They ask where to buy them and I only smile when I tell them they must go to Thailand to buy it.

Wow, hard for me to grasp that in just over 2 weeks from now I will be in Thailand. I have so much to do to get myself ready!

Brisboy82
September 19th, 2011, 08:25
Yes, for off brand items, Thailand can be a reasonable place to buy clothes. But for name brand, it is expensive. But I must say that I do like the clothes sold at Domon. The prices are low and the quality is very good. Everyone here compliments the Domon clothes I bring back from Thailand. They ask where to buy them and I only smile when I tell them they must go to Thailand to buy it.

Wow, hard for me to grasp that in just over 2 weeks from now I will be in Thailand. I have so much to do to get myself ready!

I have to wait a couple more months :(

Beachlover
September 20th, 2011, 23:24
As Thailand is a country where you can buy clothing much cheaper than in Europe (I assume the same is true for the USA?), I buy most of my clothes in Thailand.
I've checked the prices in Thailand and there's no bargain to be had. For good, brand-name labels, you're better off buying your clothes in developed countries like the US, Singapore and Australia. The US is especially cheap.

But you CAN get some cool stuff from some local designers in Thailand. I always drop by to get clothes from a couple of cool local designers I've found in Chatuchak and MBK. Often get people back home asking me where I got them and if you can get them at any shops in Australia... even thought about importing some of the funkier labels to see if they catch on here but decided I have enough on my hands.

I do like the clothes sold at Domon. The prices are low and the quality is very good.
What's Domon? A store or label? And where? Will check it out next time I'm there.

I have found that shopping in the us and uk is an absolute bargain compared to Australia. So many shops are closing in Australia because everybody orders their goods from overseas. It's even been said that if you fly to the us to go shopping the money you save can cover the cost of the trip.
Totally true! Lots of US and UK based online shops offer free shipping to Australia now.

Have you heard of Asos.com ? It's a UK online fashion store, apparently super-popular over there, which has just opened up its Australian channel. Free shipping and awesome prices for Aussies... whoo!

I was in a G-Star store buying a few things the other day. There was a shirt for $170, which was only $70 on Asos! Plus they didn't have my size for a lot of pieces so what I ended up doing was getting one shirt from them in store and just buying the other two online on my phone as I walked out.

bucknaway
September 20th, 2011, 23:37
Domon is a store found in most large malls around Thailand. They sell to a younger croud and they sell branded as well as their own brand clothes. You can find them on the web or YouTube by searching for domon Thailand fashion.

bao-bao
September 21st, 2011, 00:49
Domon is a store found in most large malls around Thailand. They sell to a younger croud and they sell branded as well as their own brand clothes. You can find them on the web or YouTube by searching for domon Thailand fashion.
Or by going to Thailand and doing a modicum of shopping.

I've bought some of their stuff for friends here who'd asked me to bring it home for them. They make some nice things.

gaymandenmark
September 21st, 2011, 02:20
There is one small Domon shop on the ground floor in the Silom Complex.

christianpfc
September 21st, 2011, 03:36
I've checked the prices in Thailand and there's no bargain to be had. For good, brand-name labels, you're better off buying your clothes in developed countries like the US, Singapore and Australia. The US is especially cheap.
I find clothes I like in Thailand, I don't even bother to check prices in Europe. Anyway, I don't care much about brands, but contrary to haircuts (where anything will do) there is stuff I wouldn't wear. Many of the stuff with brand labels is probably counterfeit, I think they cheated me for 100 Baht for the Lacoste Polo Shirt on Chatuchak, and I'm sure the same is true of the Puma T-shirt.

September 21st, 2011, 04:21
I think they cheated me for 100 Baht for the Lacoste Polo Shirt on Chatuchak, and I'm sure the same is true of the Puma T-shirt.

One hundred THB for a Lacoste Polo Shirt, are you really sure you didn't get the real deal, especially buying in Chatachuk a known designer clothing outlet? You should take a very close look at the crocodile motif and make sure it isn't laughing. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

September 21st, 2011, 09:21
All made in China anyway isnt it whether a true label or counterfit.

Beachlover
September 22nd, 2011, 23:17
Cool... thanks. Will check them out when I'm there.

They look like a very Asian fashion brand... reminds me of this local brand called Man Studio I found in Singapore (it's not gay-oriented or anything).

Many of the stuff with brand labels is probably counterfeit, I think they cheated me for 100 Baht for the Lacoste Polo Shirt on Chatuchak, and I'm sure the same is true of the Puma T-shirt.
I bought some Lacoste stuff at their store in Gaysorn and it ain't cheap! Definitely not cheaper than it is to buy elsewhere.

Stuff you buy from the outdoor markets like Chatuchak or nightmarkets like Patpong will be counterfeit. For genuine brand clothes, you need to go to Gaysorn, Siam Paragon or large high-end malls.

colmx
September 23rd, 2011, 01:50
Cool... thanks. Will check them out when I'm there.

They look like a very Asian fashion brand... reminds me of this local brand called Man Studio I found in Singapore (it's not gay-oriented or anything).

Sorry but Domon was fashionable to wear around 10 years ago...

These days its pretty uncool to be seen in a Domon t-shirt for anything other than sleeping or going to the gym... :dontknow:

bucknaway
September 23rd, 2011, 03:55
I don't mind if Damon is not hip in Thailand. I buy for me and I am happy with everything I have purchased from there and no thai guy I was with ever refused clothes from there.

I once got some very sexy nikos underwear from them.

September 23rd, 2011, 07:52
Hi,

I found that Thailand wasn't and hasn't been cheap for a long time for many items if you are looking for quality. Also, many good brand labels are now cheaper in the UK.

I have never bought in the USA but I have in downtowm Toronto in Canada and found great labels even cheaper than the UK.

Many of us know that both the counterfeit and the real deal are produced in China these days, the point is on the quality of the garment and fabric is what makes the two very different.

After shaves, colognes, various haircare and skin products and deodorants are also cheaper in the UK than many Asian Countries.

Booze and cigarettes are of course for nothing in the likes of Cambodia, and Thailand. ( as I well know before the comedians jump in! )... :angel4:

Beachlover
September 23rd, 2011, 11:03
Also, many good brand labels are now cheaper in the UK.
Yeah... I can't believe I'm buying stuff online from the UK to ship here because it's cheaper! A few years ago, the UK pound was worth AUD$2.50 and buying anything from there was really expensive!

After shaves, colognes, various haircare and skin products and deodorants are also cheaper in the UK than many Asian Countries.
Haven't looked around that closely but cheapest place I've found for this stuff is duty free in KL or Singapore. Anyone know anywhere cheaper?

christianpfc
September 24th, 2011, 19:23
Do you think this would suit me?

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/various%20stuff/pinkskirt.jpg

This picture was taken last december at a Farang friend's place. He lives in a building that is mostly inhabited by Thais, and there were some old clothes in the drum for waste on the hallway. He thought some of them were still wearable, so we took them to his room and made a fashion parade. In this picture, I'm wearing the probably fake 100 Baht Lacoste shirt. (When I showed pictures to a friend in Gemany, he commented that this combination of shirt and camouflage shorts would not pass a stop by the fashion police.)

Maybe I should remove the crocodile. When I came back from my last holiday, I was wearing this shirt when I walked past large notes at the airport that were waring people to bring counterfeit goods, quoting possible money penalties and even prison, one of them showed a large Lacoste crocodile.

gaymandenmark
September 25th, 2011, 06:20
I don't care if you Crocodile is fake or not, it it just ugly, even if your shirt is not a fake. The combination of you shirt and shorts is just :puke: even if I am not a part of the fashion police :rolling:

Oh you forgot to mention your white socks in your black shoes. :blackeye:

Beachlover
September 25th, 2011, 23:26
Heh... Shocker of an outfit. :rolling:

Understand you were just experimenting but...

Don't tuck your shirt in.

White socks are a big mistake.

Shoes are the kind of thing you wear for running around the hills, not in a hip, urban setting like Bangkok.

Really need to pay more for your haircut. Get something, which frames your face and gives you a better look.

Lastly, I know you get a kick out of the cheapness and saving money thing and that's fine. Nothing fundamentally wrong with that. But just remain aware that Thais and Asians in general are very status and image conscious. They're keen to work out where you sit in the class/status ladder and will judge you on the clothes you wear and how you present yourself. Doesn't mean you should rush out and buy an LV wallet and D&G shirts as that would just be pretentious but don't get too cheap either... It has consequences and everything comes back to you.

September 28th, 2011, 03:51
i think the dress would be a far better wear than what youve actually got on .. and you really need to get to the doctors to sort that spot out!!

September 28th, 2011, 04:00
Why oh why am I not surprised in the least?! :tongue3: