PDA

View Full Version : Holiday report Bangkok

christianpfc
September 16th, 2011, 04:06
Holiday report

Thursday 28.07.2011
Flights without problems, exit airport about 7pm. Taxi to Sapphirtel Inn Silom Soi 22/1. Booked via agoda. I chose this hotel because it is in walking distance (about 20 minutes for me, IтАЩm a fast walker) to the Silom area. Opposite Silom Road is a Hindu Temple (Sri Maha Mariamman or Maha Uma Devi). No photography allowed inside, but this photo of the entrance gives an impression (the tower on the other entrance is even higher). Everything is covered in china/porcelain. ItтАЩs quite different from the Thai wats and worth a visit.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/holiday%20aug%202011%20bangkok/DSCN3079.jpg

Shower, change clothes. To Soi Twilight. I was hoping to see some massage boys again, but they were gone. Go to X-Size (I like the coyote dancing and the fact that you can have a quick look from outside, so I go there on every holiday). Drink 250 Baht. No boy who is exceptionally cute. I sit through the show and hope I can come to a decision. To off or not to off? Or have a look at another bar? Memories of previous offs (in other bars) that went wrong creep up. After almost two hours my glass is getting empty and the mamasans and waiters have given up asking me which boy I want, I finally come to a decision. I catch his view and wave him over. My policy of quick negotiations: No boy drink, because I donтАЩt want to sit and chat and drink, but determine in one minute if he can speak English, see what he looks like from close and see if he wants to go with me. He tells me that short time is 1500 Baht. After a weak attempt to negotiate down to 1000 or get long time for 1500 I accept. Off-fee is 500 (for dancer). My first off for this holiday! IтАЩm so proud of myself! Offing is an extremely complicated process for me, often I go home alone after visiting up to four bars on an evening because I canтАЩt make up my mind! We leave and go back to my hotel (about 15 minutes walk). He smokes a cigarette. Halfway, he tells me that he forgot his ID-card. I didnтАЩt have the impression that they check ID cards at my hotel , so we continue and go to my room without problems. I can still detect a weak odour of cigarette smoke, but it doesnтАЩt bother me (a huge improvement to some previous encounters, where even the faintest smell of cigarette was a big turn off for me). My most expensive off (500 fee + 1500 short time), but worth every Baht! Write down name and phone number (he has no gayromeo) for possible repeat business. Unfortunately, he canтАЩt stay overnight.

Friday 29.07.2011
Go to Hua Lampong Railway station and buy ticket to Chiang Mai. To MBK to get new SIM card. Buy Thai-English dictionary (another case of decision fatigue in case of oversupply: it took about an hour scrolling through various dictionaries in several bookshops until I finally came to a decision). Call an old friend (Thai, just friend) and make a date for the evening. We go to his home (where he stored stuff for me from my last holiday) and later I invite him for dinner and a drink at Telephone bar. Then we part and I go to Nightboys (Silom Soi 6). There are two candidates, I invite one for a chat (no boydrink) which is positive. I ask mamasan if I can get a discount on the off-fee (which is 300 Bath) because itтАЩs already late. Not possible. I get the brilliant idea that if I wait just 15 minutes more until the bar closes, I can get the boy for free. (I know, this wonтАЩt bring me any applause from bar owners, so stay relaxed: I changed my strategy and will pay off fees everytime I meet a boy in a bar). He has the same idea and suggests that I wait for him outside and he goes with me for 1000 Baht for short time. Mamasan charges me 200 Baht for my drink. (Probably to make up for her missed cut from the off fee or whatever; when I pass the bar on another day a dorman invites me quoting a drink price of 120 or 150 Baht тАУ donтАЩt remember exactly.) I wait outside until the bar closes and we go to my hotel. Some of the other boys follow for a while. My friend smokes a cigarette. In my room, I canтАЩt detect any smell. (I once had a boy who was unkissable more than 1.5 hours after his last cigarette.) This boy was worth every bath as well. Unfortunately he canтАЩt stay overnight and has no phone number as he just lost his phone and he has no gayromeo, so all I have is a name and his hometown.

Saturday 30.07.2011
Get a haircut for 120 Baht. My cheapest haircut ever, and there is room for improvement! Call a friend (Thai, just friend) whom I know from Pattaya and who now stays in Bangkok. We met a my hotel and another тАЬjust friendтАЭ happens to be around (not planned, but I invite him to join us and fortunately the two seem get along). We take taxi to Marble Temple and spend some time there, later walk around in the area. I want to get a close look at the Government House, which I saw while driving past in a taxi on a previous holiday. I give my friends some money so they can get back home and I go to Chakran Sauna alone.

Government House (add 5h to the time stamp to get Thai time):
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/holiday%20aug%202011%20bangkok/DSCN3101.jpg

I donтАЩt go there to relax or swim or use the sauna, but to find sexual partners. Of course, the search is interrupted by a bit of swimming or going to the sauna or steam room or gym, but thatтАЩs not the reason why I go there.

There are a few cuties, I try to make eye contact or even follow them, in vain. So I pluck up all my courage and say hello. After some small talk, I hint what IтАЩm up to, but he is sticky rice. (IтАЩm so proud of myself: talking to a complete stranger in a foreign country with the intention of having sex! It always costs me some effort, but it gets easier the more often I do it. And I found out: If you ask for what you want you might get it, but if you donтАЩt ask you will not get it.) Continue with the next one. He is done already. After 2 or 3 hours at the sauna, I realize that the chances of getting laid are too low to justify a further sojourn, so I leave and return to Silom. I go to Super A (soi 6). Theres is one other customer, so get quite some attention from the boys. It can be a bit embarrassing when boys lean over the table to fondle my knee as all other positions (left, right, next table, behind me) are already occupied. And there is this guy, I think I remember him from a previous visit, who looks like a native American and has long hair (turn off) and long fingernails (even worse, he is scratching my palm with his fingernail while shaking my hand тАУ yuck!). No boy to my taste. I have a look at Thai Boy Massage on the ground floor. I donтАЩt understand why the boys are not in front of the shop (or not most of the time), but I have a look inside and there is one whom I like. Pay in advance (500 Baht fee for the shop and 1000 Baht tip in advance) and get a massage.

Shortly after midnight (in order to skip the show) I go to DJ station. Every time I go to DJ station, I am shocked how many people I know there (some only very remote acquaintances), or even had sex with! Here a list from memory for that evening: moneyboy from Cambodia, Lao boy from Luang Prabang who almost raped me when we met there during my trip to Laos, boy from Birma, boy from Philippines, Thai moneyboy who was a dud, Thai moneyboy (just friends) whom I know since my very first holiday, several Thais I chatted with on gayromeo or in real life (too many to remember), one Farang and one Thai who I recognized from their profiles on gayromeo but had no contact with, a Thai I know from gayromeo (bud didnтАЩt recognize) who recognized me and wrote me a message on GR that he saw me there.

Some people might go to DJ station just for dancing and drinking and having a good night out, however I am on the search of a partner for the night (and following day), so itтАЩs hard work finding a way through the masses (I prefer to go on weekdays because itтАЩs less crowded) and scan for possible candidates and have chats with old friends. But no reason to complain, the overall succes rate is far above 50%. This day too, I am lucky. I find one who is free the following days and wants to stay overnight.

Sunday 31.07.2011
We go to the Erawan Museum. (see separate trip report). After that, he wants to go back to his home and shower and change clothes, I accompany him. I never miss a chance to see how other people live in Thailand. He stays with part of his family in a nice condo with a great view over the river.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j412/christianpfc/holiday%20aug%202011%20bangkok/DSCN3126.jpg

We go to the cinema at Siam Paragon and he stays another night with me.

Monday 01.08.2011
We part after breakfast/lunch as I have a ticket to Chiang Mai for the night. (Neither my memory nor my expenses nor my photos allow me to reconstruct the day.) In the evening, I meet another friend, we study Thai language and he accompagnies me to the railway station Hua Lampong. My train is for 10pm, we arrive at 9pm and there is no train to Chiang Mai on the board for departures. But an announcement says that all trains to the north are cancelled due to flooding, and they donтАЩt know how long this will last. I get a full refund for the ticket. Quick change of plans: go to Pattaya first and to Chiang Mai second (if weather improves). However, itтАЩs too late to go to Pattaya today, so I check in at Sunflower Place in Silom Soi 6 (same alley as Super A and Thai Boy Massage). They have a good location and my room is only 960 Baht, however they have a no-joiners policy and even a note at the reception that sex tourists are not welcome. We take taxi to ICK and again, they have the best coyote dancing I have seen in Bangkok! On leaving, my friend chats with some of the staff and they tell him about a place with many boys (I donтАЩt remember exactly what he translated for me, but it sounded very interesting). So we go there (Meeting Karaoke), but itтАЩs empty, probably best to go after ICK closes. Go back to my hotel.

Tuesday 02.08.2011
Taxi to Ekkamai, bus to Pattaya. To be continued.

bao-bao
September 16th, 2011, 21:12
A nice report - thank you. I always appreciate photos, too. :cheers:

I can think of at least one here who would disagree with your initial thought regarding off fees from Friday night the 29th, but we shall see.

Looking forward to the next installment.

September 16th, 2011, 21:18
A nice report - thank you. I always appreciate photos, too. :cheers:

I can think of at least one here who would disagree with your initial thought regarding off fees from Friday night the 29th, but we shall see.

Looking forward to the next installment.

And who would that be Bao Bao???................ :dontknow:

pong
September 23rd, 2011, 17:37
na ja, also mit Geizistbillig-in sept. gehts ja schon ab 500тВм H+R geflogen? Muss ja selber noch 5-6 wochen warten.
There are also plenty of german-Thai and even German-Isan/Lao Duden/Worterbuecher.
Haarschnitt kostet mir meist 60/70 bt-can you present yourself as ''dek rian''=schoolkid, then its only 30.
Chakran is pretty well known as sticky rice only enclave-or even only for boys showing off-and not doing anything else.
But nice to read something quite different from the usual reports etc-even if only it is not Pattaya.
Noch lange warten biste wieder da bist?

RonanTheBarbarian
September 24th, 2011, 00:32
Emjoyed that report Christian. looking forward to the next installment.

Why do we not get more reports like that on the gay forums, I wonder?

On the straight-oriented forums, such as PattayaSecrets and TeakDoor, there seems to be plenty of trip reports with photos, but none of the gay forums are that good for people's tales of their adventures

The owners should encourage it - it would really drive the readership,particularly of non -Thailand dwelling readers.

Perhaps if there was an annual competition for the best trip report, it would spur people. There could even be categories, such as best photos or funniest one. :idea:

bao-bao
September 24th, 2011, 01:49

We used to get more here (it's what got me to sign up here initially), but the "spirited and lively" debates of a few ran most anyone away who wanted to share such things, including me. I still stick around to get the occasional boot to the midsection for upsetting those who have lost their ability to comprehend anything beyond their own doorstep, but as far as sharing stories and photos I bailed out in March 2010 and started my blog.

Occasionally some still post stories and trip reports here (or Google stuff they put their handle on), but unfortunately the real ones are sometimes taken to task for their opinion on one point or another, and it soon becomes another bitchfest. It's a shame, really. You'll find some stories on Gaybutton's board and Ting & Tong, and the archives here have a LOT of them.

christianpfc
September 24th, 2011, 19:35
Pong, I understand your posts in a mixture of German and English, but I thinks others have problems. I will be back to Thailand end of december.

can you present yourself as ''dek rian''=schoolkid, then its only 30.
Good joke! I'm 31, I think I don't pass as schoolkid any more at the hairdresser's.

So do I. I write myself stuff I would like to read here and hope that others follow.

Thai Dyed
September 24th, 2011, 21:57
Great report Christian. We have a lot of "likes" in common, and the details you provide are a delight.

Does any one know if Night Boys is open? It was closed a few weeks ago and Christian's report of his visit there dates back to late July.

elephantspike
September 24th, 2011, 22:30
Nice trip report and photos, Christian. Did you book Agoda via the link here on the board?

christianpfc
September 25th, 2011, 20:42
Nice trip report and photos, Christian. Did you book Agoda via the link here on the board?
I booked agoda via their website. Do they have a link on this board? (Which generates income via advertising?)

Usually, I book the first hotel via agoda, and subsequent hotels just by showing up at the front desk (even in high season I always got a room this way). This holiday I was asked for the first time at immigration to provide an address in Thailand.

Beachlover
September 25th, 2011, 23:22
That's a good photo of the river, Christianpfc... interesting seeing that part of Bangkok from that angle. Post more if you can.

Not as popular. I think people are more interested in useful information, interesting discussions or humour and entertainment. I also think you get a lower return on effort making these kinds of posts. Why don't you post some of your own and set an example?

Neither Gaybuttonthai (which is supposed to be exceptionally civil), Gaythailand or Baht-stop contain any more photo-rich trip reports than SGT. Bao Bao attributing the decline in photo-rich threads to the more casual and blunt nature of SGT is an invalid conclusion supported by a single data point (himself) and prejudiced by his own likes/dislikes. Similar to the kind of conclusions Lonely Wombat puts out when criticising the board.

the1
September 26th, 2011, 00:38
photo-rich trip reports

Beach, next time you post photos, can you clean the bloody lens? The photos you share have these horrible black smudges on them!