PDA

View Full Version : Illegal supplement dealer busted in thailand

Beachlover
September 15th, 2011, 22:49
Hey Jinks... This post is just a thinly disguised attempt to post a spam link. The same generic message has been posted on multiple Thailand forums. The whole thread should be deleted.

bao-bao
September 15th, 2011, 23:54
Hey Jinks... This post is just a thinly disguised attempt to post a spam link. The same generic message has been posted on multiple Thailand forums. The whole thread should be deleted.
I figure you know this, but for the benefit of others who may wish to report something... if you're logged in there's a little triangle with an exclamation mark to the left of the "quote" button, and that's what it's for - it alerts the moderator to spam and the likes.

Not meaning to be nosy, Beachlover - and I wouldn't ask for the names of them or your handles there, naturally - how many Thailand forums do you read and/or participate in, anyway? Just curious. I rarely have time to check in on more than a couple a day, myself.

September 15th, 2011, 23:58

Beachlover
September 16th, 2011, 00:05
Bao Bao... if you stick an excerpt from the OP into Google you'll see the exact same message and spam link shows up on Lonely Planet, Thailandqa, Thaivisa and Tripadvisor. It's just spam. Should be removed.

SGT has pretty high search engine strength so we shouldn't be letting spammers benefit from having a link from here back to their site (when Google sees this link, they rank the spammer's site higher in search results).

bao-bao
September 16th, 2011, 01:45
Bao Bao... if you stick an excerpt from the OP into Google you'll see the exact same message and spam link shows up on Lonely Planet, Thailandqa, Thaivisa and Tripadvisor. It's just spam. Should be removed.
Yes, I know - but thanks for explaining it for those who may not be as actively involved online as others.

Nevertheless, the moderator(s) are also alerted by using the icon, too - I figured that might be quicker for folks. :cheers:

jinks
September 16th, 2011, 03:51
Yes please use the http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset/en/icon_post_report.gif

It makes the post stand out, you can add a message if you feel inclined to do so.

For those reading this thread for the first time, the offending Spam has been deleted.

the1
September 16th, 2011, 18:38
Not meaning to be nosy, Beachlover - and I wouldn't ask for the names of them or your handles there, naturally - how many Thailand forums do you read and/or participate in, anyway? Just curious.

Well Beach, how many?

September 16th, 2011, 20:57
Not meaning to be nosy, Beachlover - and I wouldn't ask for the names of them or your handles there, naturally - how many Thailand forums do you read and/or participate in, anyway? Just curious.

Well Beach, how many?

Beachy,

You are amazing really!, keeping a high powered business at the cutting edge, explaining on a daily basis to us ' Philistines ' where we are going wrong understanding Asian culture, workouts in the Gym, visiting nearly every place in Asia (twice) and you still find time to post on all these boards.........................A true Hero in keeping us updated!..........I'm gonna open a fan club!...... :notworthy:

just kidding Beachy..... :laughing3:

Beachlover
September 17th, 2011, 12:15
Nevertheless, the moderator(s) are also alerted by using the icon, too - I figured that might be quicker for folks.
I did use the the (!) icon and submitted the exact same message there. Only I wasn't sure if that gets noticed (thanks for confirming, jinks) so I thought I'd post a reply too. The mod had already done a round of edits at the time and thought he might've missed this one...

Kquill... I want a cut of the membership fees. :rolling: