PDA

View Full Version : Working online

September 12th, 2011, 06:30
I read the Stickman site some guy mentioned here last week and there's a question someone asked about working online and needing a work permit the answer is "Sunbelt Legal responds: Working online is a grey area. Thai law states that you must have a work permit to work in Thailand but as it is difficult to tell that you are working, they may not actually enforce it. The tax code says that if you live in Thailand more than 6 months a year then you must pay tax but it is rarely enforced and difficult to do. The local tax people may reject the payment as there is no work permit."

September 12th, 2011, 08:55
I read the Stickman site some guy mentioned here last week and there's a question someone asked about working online and needing a work permit the answer is "Sunbelt Legal responds: Working online is a grey area. Thai law states that you must have a work permit to work in Thailand but as it is difficult to tell that you are working, they may not actually enforce it. The tax code says that if you live in Thailand more than 6 months a year then you must pay tax but it is rarely enforced and difficult to do. The local tax people may reject the payment as there is no work permit."

Hi,

Yep, That would be a first, eh?

Thais REJECTING money!..........I am sure they would come up with some ingenius way to relieve you of it if it was a burden!

cdnmatt
September 12th, 2011, 13:25
That's Thailand for you. No clear rules on much of anything, and the law means whatever the cop standing in front of you tells you it means.

September 12th, 2011, 13:29
That's Thailand for you. No clear rules on much of anything, and the law means whatever the cop standing in front of you tells you it means.

You've certainly got that one right!

September 12th, 2011, 13:48
Nobody is gonna bother you for working on your computer. :tongue3:

September 12th, 2011, 17:26
Nobody is gonna bother you for working on your computer. :tongue3:

And justme is ' written proof ' ......................... :laughing3:

September 12th, 2011, 17:32
The rest of the article is about how you shouldnt piss off a Thai or theyll take their revenge by dobbing you in to Immigration or whatever so Id be pretty careful. Made me think whether I want to spend mucvh tiome here after all.