PDA

View Full Version : Travel Photos

Surfcrest
May 7th, 2006, 20:55
For those of you that have access or would like acces and are interested, I've began the process of posting some of my 2006 travel photos from Thailand and Vietnam.
Stories to follow.......
Proper titles need to be added, but I have a dozen pages available now.
Comments and questions are always welcome :colors:

Surfcrest

GWMinUS
May 7th, 2006, 22:28
URL please??
Cannot locate here...

wowpow
May 7th, 2006, 22:48
Click on User's Profile

Click on View Surfcrest Gallery

The you can see all the photos but they are a bit small even when enlarged. Hardly worth cutting and pasting and claiming as ones own :) Edit - I take it all back some are huge and quite magnificent.

Smiles
May 7th, 2006, 22:55
They are very nice: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... user_id=60 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=60)

Cheers ...

May 7th, 2006, 23:57
Thanks

May 8th, 2006, 06:38
Where is Koh mai? Is it near koh chang - and can u tell me about accommodation there tks

Surfcrest
May 8th, 2006, 08:28
Although the movie "The Beach" with Leonardo Dicaprio was filmed at Phi Phi Don the book was based on Emerald Lake inside Koh Mai.

With erosion, the limestone rock cut caves and opening to the center of the island allowing fish, sea creatures and indeed sharks to swim inside. The limestone rock keeps the lake its emerald color, deeper green than the clear ocean that surrounds the island(s). once the sharks outgrew the openings back to the outer sea, they became landlocked making the lake somewhat dangerous depending on the type of shark.

Koh Mai is reachable by boat from Koh Samui, the opposite coast as the Andaman's Phi Phi Don. I believe Koh mai is a protected island and no accommodations that I am aware of exist here. The same applies to Phi Phi Ley, which is why the filming project ran into so many snags with the Thai authorities at the time.

Emerald lake is reachable from a beach of the outside of the island and a steep climb up and down stairs and through the jagged rock from the outer edge to the inner edge. This excursion is not recommended unless you are in fair shape and are unaffected by temperatures nearing or surpassing 40 Celsius.

Surfcrest

May 8th, 2006, 21:48
great composition ! :cheers:

jimnbkk
May 8th, 2006, 23:10
Beautiful shots!!

Smiles, I have a problem. The photos posted by Surfcrest are beautiful, just that they are more than full screen size when I open them, so I cannot see them without scrolling up/down and left/right. What am I doing wrong. Alternatively, is the poster doing something wrong? Like, for example, loading up photos with too many pixels? Is there an ideal pixel count for uploaded photos?

I'm so digitally challenged..............

Edit: Another thing. When i 'submit'. I get a page that says no post mode specified (I think). Last time it happened I hit submit again and it went. Then when I looked at forum there were two of them. So, I deleted one.

Same thing happened this time. but I didnt resubmit, just checked to see if it was in the forum. it was.

I see other dupe posts, especially by LMTU. Same thing happening to them I think.

May 8th, 2006, 23:58
When i 'submit'. I get a page that says no post mode specified

Which proxy are u using? I find minor problems with all the proxy servers. Try a different one.

I did not have any problem getting to them i'm using the one in ".PL" right now.

May 8th, 2006, 23:58
You posted twice!!

Yeah well the firts time i posted i got a Not Found message from the proxy but it did get through. It takes a long time too through these on a slow connection :-(

What happened to "Delete Post"?

jimnbkk
May 9th, 2006, 00:51
I'm not in Thailand now. I have no idea what proxy server I am using. And, I notice you have one of the problems I mentioned Arnold!! You posted same message twice!!!

Surfcrest
May 9th, 2006, 04:28
See Message "Posting Tips"

Surfcrest

GWMinUS
May 9th, 2006, 05:18
Surfcrest, I also enjoy your photo!!

Regarding image size, the Posting Guidelines state
Maximim File Size of 200,000 or 200 KB
Maximum Image 1200 ( I assume this is in pixels?)
Maximum Image Height 900 pixels

In reality, I find any image larger than 900-955 pixels wide by 450-500 pixels high is a problem.
It is bothersome to have to scan and pan to enjoy the image.
So to be safe, I suggest the image be a maximum of 850 pixels wide by 445 pixels high.

Works for me...
George
:geek:

Surfcrest
May 9th, 2006, 20:55
Hi Friends,

I recently completed installing titles on most of the pics posted to date.
I may re-size the photos if there is any interest in doing so.
I believe the width to height ratio must be equal to the board's 1200 X 900 limits, but
nothing says it can't be smaller. I'll try to keep the quality up around 200 Kb if possible.
If there is any area in Thailand you'd like to see photos of please let me know.
Please feel free to rate or post comments.

Chok Dee

Surfcrest

:naka:

May 10th, 2006, 23:57
Great pics..............thanks for sharing :alien:

Surfcrest
May 25th, 2006, 12:19
Surfcrest, I also enjoy your photo!!

Regarding image size, the Posting Guidelines state
Maximim File Size of 200,000 or 200 KB
Maximum Image 1200 ( I assume this is in pixels?)
Maximum Image Height 900 pixels

In reality, I find any image larger than 900-955 pixels wide by 450-500 pixels high is a problem.
It is bothersome to have to scan and pan to enjoy the image.
So to be safe, I suggest the image be a maximum of 850 pixels wide by 445 pixels high.

Works for me...
George
:geek:

Hi George & Sawatdee,

I took your recommendation to heart and have spent the better part of the past week (or two) resizing the photos as you suggested.
Irfan makes an easy conversion to 800 X 600 which isn't too far off your suggestion.
I have reorganized the album, which now contains well over 300 photos and will probably end up at 400 or more once the Cambodia photos are loaded.
Page one is mainly leftovers from the original posts, those I have not re-duplicated (but will once I complete the Cambodia project).
Judging by the view statistics and by private requests, I have included more photos of the boys and less temple photos.
There are a few limited time extras that are included and will be deleted soon.
My first set were rated and viewed extensively.
I realize there are quite a few, but I would appreciate some feedback so I can use this information to appeal to the most common requests. I am constructing stories to go with the photos and in case you have been following, I just finished with Phitsanulok and am on my way to Lopburi / Ayutthaya. I can also provide some candid stories about Bangkok, Chiang Mai and of course Pattaya (my second home).
I hope you all enjoy the new format, starting with the Chiang Mai pics.
Once I update my PC and systems, I will scan my negatives from my SLR I will be able to provide archive photos from up to 14 years gone by including some bar photos (when they were allowed for a price).
Thanks for viewing so far.....

Surfcrest

RonanTheBarbarian
May 26th, 2006, 03:05
Thanks Surfcrest, photos of the boys and accounts of your travels are always appreciated!

Ronan.

Surfcrest
June 1st, 2006, 03:23
I loaded 420 photos into my personal gallery now, all of easy viewing size.
I may update some captions after I go through my journals.

Photos include
Chiang Mai (Pg 1-3)
Phuket and the Andaman Coast Pg (3-5)
Bangkok (Pg 5-9),
Koh Samui (Pg 9-10),
Kanchanburi / Nathom Pathom (Pg 11-13),
Sukhothai (Pg 13-14),
Phitsanulok (Pg 14-15),
Lopburi (Pg 15-16)
Ayutthaya (Pg 16 -19)
Pattaya (Pg 19-21,
Hanoi (Pg 21-23),
North Vietnam (Pg 23-25),
Ha Long Bay (Pg 26-29),
Angkor Wat Historical Park (Pg 29-32),
Northern Cambodia (Pg 32-33),
Phnom Phen (Pg 34-35).

enjoy,

Surfcrest

June 1st, 2006, 04:59
Enjoyed viewing - many thanks Surf

June 1st, 2006, 07:10
Surfcrest.... wanted to add my thanks for your great Album of pictures. Brought back memories of my recent trip to Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam in April. I especially liked the picture of Silom Massage - my favourite place to visit when in Bangkok!
Your pictures make one realize how much there is to see and do in Thailand, not just in Bangkok or Pattaya. I've really got to get "Out of Town" next time. Won't be long now - June/July for three weeks - can't wait to see Alec and his gang at Silom Massage - especially Pai. Nothing fancy (hope they have cured the leak at the front entrance when it rains?) - but it beats all those so-called "happy-ending" places ..... Hayjon

elephantspike
June 1st, 2006, 12:16
Fantastic photos, Surfcrest, and so many of them, too. I have added personal albums to the list of albums from which random photos are displayed on the portal page, mostly because of your and Smiles' albums.

Portal Page (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/portal.php)

(Note: If you are logged-in and a member of the Erotic Club, you will see some "naughty" photos in the mix. If you are not in that group or not logged in you will only see "G" rated photos. The "naughty" ones are all posted by me. Surfcrest's photos are all stunning travel photography.)