PDA

View Full Version : Street Life

Patexpat
September 7th, 2011, 15:38
I have been told that Street Life has closed .... and anyone verify this? I don't get to that part of town that often...

corky
September 7th, 2011, 19:28
Gaybutton says it is closed ... so there you have it - straight from the horse's ......

dab69
September 9th, 2011, 04:12
:blackeye:

September 9th, 2011, 08:22
Gaybutton says it is closed ... so there you have it - straight from the horse's ......

Ha,

Obviously the concept was no better than Richard Amor's carrot cake!............... :laughing3:

September 9th, 2011, 15:20
what happened if you wish to know the TRUE story.
When Steve from New Orleans purchased Amor, he had a hair brained idea to combine both kitchens into ONE. Not only did they serve basically the same foods except for the deli part, but they cooked in one kitchen. recently he put New Orleans up for sale and someone leased it for three years. Problem was that Street Life lost the kitchen! No kitchen, Steve being bored and Street Life not doinf huge profits, he closed it.

Jason1988
September 9th, 2011, 18:18
Street Life was a good concept. If it was located away from Boys Town it would have been a success.

September 9th, 2011, 19:55
Street Life was a good concept. If it was located away from Boys Town it would have been a success.

Hi,

Located where please?............... :dontknow:

bao-bao
September 9th, 2011, 21:06
Street Life was a good concept. If it was located away from Boys Town it would have been a success.Located where please?...
Having it located in the belly of "Boyztown" may well have kept some people away. While the culture in Thailand may be fairly accepting, the cultures and prejudices of visitors from other cultures may have swayed their decision to be going or seen there.

The idea of a deli where people could get sandwiches and the likes was a good one; a "comfort food" spot for expats and travelers far from home, wherever that may be, but it was located in a specialized area, and the folks who normally went through there (not counting groups from bus tours filing by or women just looking to "try something new" :tard: ) couldn't or wouldn't keep it afloat.

I don't have a suggestion for a better location, but somewhere that has the foot traffic of a broader clientele to support it, I'd say. The idea is still a good one.