PDA

View Full Version : Manhattans Steak House

Marsha-old
September 7th, 2011, 13:54
Was told last night that Manhattens Steak House has been sold to someone in Bangkok. It's closed for now for new refurb and will open again, high season.
Does anyone else have any info?

September 7th, 2011, 14:44
Was told last night that Manhattens Steak House has been sold to someone in Bangkok. It's closed for now for new refurb and will open again, high season.

What you have been told is correct, it has been bought by some Thais from Bangkok, and will re-open sometime around high season.

Cheers,

George.

September 7th, 2011, 21:43

Thinking of your stomach again?

or after a discount card?

Marsilius
September 7th, 2011, 21:47
No doubt, inspired by the thread on this very site, they will be serving the finest Mexican food in Pattaya.

September 7th, 2011, 22:06
No doubt, inspired by the thread on this very site, they will be serving the finest Mexican food in Pattaya.

I think that was the final trigger that set them off to buy this place!.......................... I hope our resident Jamie Oliver will be a regular!

Marsha-old
September 7th, 2011, 22:20
Kevin have to eat somewhere since my favorite restaurant Amor has closed.
There is no replacement, but Manhattens was a close second.

September 7th, 2011, 22:31
I also hope the food isn't so good as to attract 'you know who', who will be having an orgasm as he eats.... :sign5:

September 8th, 2011, 02:11
Kevin have to eat somewhere since my favorite restaurant Amor has closed.
There is no replacement, but Manhattens was a close second.

ok marsha,

You win with that one.............................. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

September 8th, 2011, 12:06
I received an email from Manhattans noting they were doing some renovation work with plans to open restaurant about a week later and the bar after that as they were doing more work on the bar. A few days ago, I received the following email from them:

Dear valued costumers of Manhattans pattaya

To my great regret, i have to inform you that Manhattans restaurant will be closed one more week,
as we do some additional work, regarding the restyling of the restaurant.

The restaurant now opens his doors at Monday the 12th of September
The bar maintained closed to monday the 10th of October

I look forward to welcoming you to the new look Manhattans.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards
Bart Munsters
executive chef

As I understand it, they will have a new menu when they reopen.

September 8th, 2011, 21:05
Whats that? The third time in 3 years it has been sold?

September 8th, 2011, 22:47
Whats that? The third time in 3 years it has been sold?

Hi,

Wasn't one of the owners murdered by a drive by shooting because of his wife's gambling debts a few years ago? I heard something about it whilst I was ' unavailable ' in the big house.

Marsha-old
September 8th, 2011, 23:02
Hugh from Ambiance was Manager for a while.

September 8th, 2011, 23:50
Hugh from Ambiance was Manager for a while.

The Biggest mistake they made was sacking Thomas the man who designed and created the restaurant for them, because the same wife that was shot at, said her str8 friends would not eat there, because there was so many Gay Couples in there making them embarrassed. When this Information got out and they killed the best customers they could wish for and gays stopped going, the so called friends still did not go, saying it was far to expensive, it has gone downhill since, now Thomas has gone from strength to strength in Puket with 2 restaurants now and a 3rd on the way, they have sunk lower and lower charging ridiculous prices for sub normal qualities of meat.

They should have looked next door at Mata Hari to see how to run the best restaurant in town; it just gets better and better from around 1000 baht a meal, of the very best quality.

September 9th, 2011, 15:15
It was wonderful back then. The appetizers. Well you could do appetizers for a meal. Hugh was also great and the prime rib awesome!
After Hugh left it went straight downhill with the new management. There was one manager inbetween Hugh and it wasn't Thomas....another name I can't remember. He was great and they sacked him with no notice. I don't think it was Thomas though.
Ahhh, anyway, I still ike Bruno's! Except when the evil duo is there eating!

September 13th, 2011, 12:56
Getting back on thread....... Manhattan's has steadily declined in quality and value.
I certainly don't mind spending for an imported steak, beautiful appetizers etc, but not when the quality is low.
If I remember properly, the last time I was there and never returned was when the did the PGF Benefiet and the food was really bad.

I like Bruno's and Freddie does an awesome job.
:tif: