PDA

View Full Version : Tailoring Alterations

August 31st, 2011, 15:20
Some members have been pleading for a greater degree of seriousness on SGT.

So, in that spirit, I have a request for information:

Where in Pattaya can I have minor alterations made to an existing garment?

Note: I have tried the tailoring shops in the past but I can't be bothered with the incessant sales pitch which inevitably ensues even though I want only a simple alteration/repair done. I am not looking to save money (Hi christianpfc) - just trying to avoid the attepts to sell me 3 suits and 4 pairs of pants when all I want is a simple service.

If I were in Phuket I would know exactly where to go to find the people who actually do this work for the tailor shops (theres a few small workshops opposite Super Boys) - but in Pattaya I haven't noticed any.

If anybody has suggestions I'd be grateful.

Note: My arse has not grown so humungous that I need the seat of my pants let out, before you ask!!

:occasion9:

Dodger
August 31st, 2011, 15:39
Scotty...

There's a shop house in the Sunee area with about six elderly Thais working sewing machines on any given day or night which works for me. It's where many of the working boys take their clothes for tailoring/alterations. I can't remember name of soi - it's a small sub-soi within walking distance from Wat Chai Market...just ask the boys Don't plan to spend more than 80 baht...and they won't try to sell you anything.

Marsha-old
August 31st, 2011, 16:29
If you look around Pattaya, you will see many Ladys sitting outside with a sewing machine,
I often use them. I bring Jeans from the UK to take up or Jackets to take in or out. Best get a Thai to take them for you though as they inflate the price for furlangs.
They cost about 60 baht for Jeans to be taken up, making them look the same as the stitching on the originals. They always have done a good Job.
They are everywhere around Pattaya.

August 31st, 2011, 18:02
Yes, I use a lady outside 7-11 on Soi Korphai and Soi 1. She does all the alterations for me.

corky
August 31st, 2011, 19:52
Note: My arse has not grown so humungous that I need the seat of my pants let out, before you ask!!

The thought never crossed my mind.
I think you want to get ready for Pattaya's version of the Highland Games

http://www.posing-pouch.co.uk/images/MP-479sm.jpg

Beachlover
August 31st, 2011, 23:12
In case anyone needs the same thing in Bangkok...

When I needed some jeans mended in Bangkok last year I found a little old lady with just a sewing machine and a table out on the footpath.

She was right outside Le Meridien Hotel, just to the right of it. i.e. when you step out of the hotel, turn left. Not sure if she's still there.

She charged less than 100 baht ($3) for the same thing that would've cost me $20-$30 in Sydney. Brilliant.

September 1st, 2011, 03:00
Thanks for help, guys.

:hello2: