PDA

View Full Version : Impressive specials menu --Bordeaux restaurant

lonelywombat
August 31st, 2011, 13:22
[attachment=0:2wdnxrz5]Bordeaux.jpg[/attachment:2wdnxrz5]Probably one my favourite restaurants at the moment. A friend teased me sending emai "look what you missed out on" If this menu is changed weekly, I hope someone can keep it up to date.

Located in Daynight area soi 2 almost opposite Mosaik, in fact Mosaik does rent condos above the restaurant which are very popular.

--------New Season тАУ New Set Menu start 310 thb

suggestions of this week

Made in house Stuffed raviolis with goat cheese and vegetable 280b

Lentils salads fried bacon 220b

Smoked salmon and prawns tarragon sauce 240b

Veal osso bucco 420b
Deer Venison pepper 390b
Large Sea scallop BBQ on leek cream mixed vegetable 630b

Order 20 minutes before

Chocolate running cake 250b

Apple fine tart 250b

Marsha-old
August 31st, 2011, 16:24
Have been to Bordeaux restaurant a couple f times with my boyfriend. Nice owners and i really think they should read my comments.
Im afraid the food did not do it for me for what i was paying. I thought some of the prices were a little to much.
Can eat in much better Restaurants like, Manhattans, Mata hari and others for the same price. 250 Baht for a apple Tart, thats over a fiver un the UK at the moment.
It would have a lot more customers if it looked at the sort of prices that cherrys charge. They seem to be busy every night, low season or high season.
As said the owners are very nice, but there prices are to much for the establishment in which they offer. :dontknow:

paperboy
August 31st, 2011, 23:20
i was told it was good last may when i was there. i waqs Staying around day and night area, and every time i went by the3 place
it was empty, not a good sign, so i gave it a miss.
im back next may so if i walk by and they have some customers i might give it try. but i hate going into empty places.

Marsha-old
September 1st, 2011, 00:40
Price, Hence why they are always empty?

francois
September 1st, 2011, 04:31
Bordeaux also has a fixed-price menu selection that is very reasonable and very good. About 300-400 Baht depending if your include soup and dessert in addition to the appetizer and main course. Often the restaurant is packed and other times not so. I have heard various languages spoken their including French, British, German, American and even Australian but not Russian.

witchhunt
September 1st, 2011, 05:55
Marigar you are maybe half right. But it depends on what time you go. I have found later after 9 is more popular Also there are 2 sections,

the front which is open air and for smokers, and the aircon section at the rear which is the restaurant. You cannot really see into the rear.

But what good quality restaurants are doing well ? The all you can eat buffets are only full on special nights and I prefer to not put quantity

ahead of quality. Cafe Ritz does very good trade if you like roasts with steamed veg every night. I know expats that pig out at the Ritz 3-4

times a week as the veg serves are huge.

I like to dine ala carte several times a week and Bordeaux has good food, service and ambience.

Their clientele is mostly expats and when Mosaik is full, and it is nowhere near half full now, they get a lot of trade from there as well.

blueboy
September 1st, 2011, 10:51
the place is overrated.

lonelywombat
September 1st, 2011, 11:16
the place is overrated.

And which places do you recommend? Or is price the only factor that interests you.

Patexpat
September 1st, 2011, 12:25
This is an interesting topic for me, as we have dined at Bordeaux I think four or five times over a couple of years, may be more. I really want to like the place, and apart from a problem with some corked wine that was quickly rectified we generally enjoyed the experience. But always left feeling no great need to rush back, and I'm sorry I can't put my finger on why! This thread has stirred me in to paying another visit!

September 1st, 2011, 16:23
I have to agree with the above poster. On a few of my visits to Pattaya friends that live there wanted to go, it was pleasant but not noteworthy, and knowing a couple of wines on their wine list they sure were taking this piss on the pricing.

Marsha-old
September 1st, 2011, 16:58
Another reason I dont go in, is because the place is nearly empty all the time. That worries me when you order food.
You dont know how long its been in the fridge or freezer.
The owners are very nice. Lower your price and you will fill up. I honestly wish you well and hope you take comments on board.
I would hate to see another restaurant close down.

lonelywombat
September 1st, 2011, 17:45
I agree the price of good wine in Pattaya restaurants does take a lot of getting used to. Good wines in Australian restaurants are about the same price but better quality.

The comments about how long food has been prepared and in the freezer applies to all restaurants, not just this one. As an owner of a restaurant for 7 years, I tend to follow the chefs specials. Sometimes he is clearing his frig. This happens in all restaurants regardless of the pricing of the menu. Usually the chef makes an effort to make his specials attractive.. It does become become boring eating in the same restaurant every night, so I like the change.

My friends in Pattaya apply the three levels of choice.

Fine dining or the other end cafe, with rotgut wines..

we usually look for a compromise. Good food ,well presented complimented by a good range of wines.

Bordeaux is middle of the road and we like it.

martin911
September 2nd, 2011, 20:51
I am one that is in the positive group regarding Bordeaux --i eat there regularly when in Pattaya,and i find it als consistent ,the food is just so good,and they have good promotions on wine
The set menus are extremly good value for what you get , (340 or 360bhat for 3 courses !!) and for the last few months they are offering an additional
ala carte menu at the weekends (with something a bit more special if your taste buds fancy )
Bruno and Luc are als there on the premises,are never intrusive but at the same time make sure everybody is happy--and the waiters (the barman is just soo cute ) will als be up for a bit of flirting

There are a lot of resturants in Pattaya for sure ,but as i said this place is just so consistently good ,it cannot be passed up !!

Hmm just writing this is making me hungry,i will go there soon --the profiteroles are simply devine :):)