PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Red Star YOU WIN a Spin Discount!

August 30th, 2011, 05:10
Announcing the new game at Happy Place called Red Star, You Spin Game only at Happy Place!
Two machines custom built for this game have just arrived at Happy Place.

Here's how it works. I am not sure who here has seen the TV game Wheel of Fortune. It is the same principle.
When you order your drink, as you already know, the waiter gives you a "check bin or bill".
Randomly, these books of bills have been stamped with RED STARS. Get a RED STAR and come down and SPIN the Wheel for your special discount, free vouchers for a restaurant of your choice in Pattaya, bottles of booze and discounts on your drink.

The second machine is for the BOYS or Any Staff! Come see how it works and have a great time!
Remember, you are always a winner at Happy Place! Pattaya's Happiest Go Go Boy Bar on Soi 2 Boyztown area.

Idea was in part a variation given to us by Bucknaway. Bucknaway recieves a 1,000 baht voucher to be used at any business or restaurant in Pattaya courtesy of Happy Place Go Go Bar. Have an idea? PM us and see if we use it for your 1,000 baht gift voucher!
:tif:

bao-bao
August 30th, 2011, 06:19
You might consider having the customer do a draft lottery-type draw themselves for the chance to spin the wheel instead of "randomly stamped" checks, meaning a small bucket to pull a colored marble out of: red, spin - black, no spin, or something like that. That may eliminate most accusations of a fixed game, since it would be the luck of their own draw. Just a thought.

And just as a second thought - would this be considered gambling? It's money in exchange for a chance to win something. I don't know much about the ever-changing game of "tea money" there, to be honest.

corky
August 30th, 2011, 11:20
And just as a second thought - would this be considered gambling? It's money in exchange for a chance to win something. I don't know much about the ever-changing game of "tea money" there, to be honest.
I am sure that with enough in$entive a competitor would be able to convince the :snorting: authorities :snorting: that it was gambling. :evil4:

August 30th, 2011, 15:18
This works on the same principle as "lukcy Draw Numbers". In some bars when you buy a drink, you are given a lucky number. Then someone randomly pulls out a number or numbers and they call out the winners for bottles, food vouchers for restaurants etc, same as us. No money.
In this case you are doing the exact same. You are buying a drink.
Lucky customers who have a red star on a check bin are then entitled to Spin The Wheel and see what they won.
Same goes for staff and go go boys. A customer asks a boy down and wants to buy them a drink. The same hopplah over playing playing Bingo and out Big Banana contest. These ideas are new, and rather than trying new things, people in the business want to say, Oh My God, Big Banana Conest???!! Surely that is illegal. I would stay away. Boy Bingo??!! Oh my God! That's illegal. I would stay away!! It is time for the bar owners to come into a new day and rather than trying to shoot all these fun ideas down, try and come up with some new innovations and make PATTAYA FUN! Bring customers to PATTAYA! One bar owner said to me, "All I want to do is bring customers to Boyztown (Soi 3). They are not going to stay in my bar for their 10 day or 2 week vacation but they will come to my bar sometimes and that's great!" Well it's time to do it rather than mouth it!

According to our lawyers and city hall and police who they have approached, it is not the same as poker, lottery, numbers, and various other games of chance in and around Thailand in order to win money.
:tif:

bao-bao
August 30th, 2011, 20:46
According to our lawyers and city hall and police who they have approached, it is not the same as poker, lottery, numbers, and various other games of chance in and around Thailand in order to win money.
Thanks for the reply. I'm no authority on Thai law (as if anyone is, including those who work in that profession on any level) but good if you could get that interpretation voiced in your favor. The suggestion still stands for something different than the method you described for random check stamps, though.

I think corky's point is valid one, but you're on good terms with those who seem to run the area, so no worries! :cheers: