View Full Version : NZ man murdered in Jomtien Complex-not by go go boy

lonelywombat
August 28th, 2011, 12:05
A NZ man was robbed and murdered by a Syrian restaurant worker in Jomtien Complex.It shows the dangers of looking for trade outside the go go bars. Police arrested the man from CCTV images and found the dead mans computer,phones and watch. In the suspects apartment was also $40,000 in cash

Stuart Yeatman, who discovered Jones' body, said the Syrian national had completely changed his appearance since the murder, cutting his hair and buying new clothes. Yeatman described him as a "professional thief" who befriended tourists before robbing them, and likened him to the lead character out of the movie The Talented Mr Ripley.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article....jectid=10747892 (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10747892)

I often hear people telling me how safe gayromeo is and whilst there is no indication the suspect did not meet the murdered man elsewhere, it is a sobering thing to contemplate. His photo will certainly be
scrutized by gayromeo users to see if he is known.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=10747534 (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10747534)

August 28th, 2011, 12:13
I was hoping this link would show the arrested boy/man. I see only the picture of the murdered tourist.
:cry: :cry:
:tif:

August 28th, 2011, 12:50
Unless I am missing something there is no reference to Gayromeo. :dontknow:

August 28th, 2011, 13:04
I often hear people telling me how safe gayromeo is and whilst there is no indication the suspect did not meet the murdered man elsewhere, it is a sobering thing to contemplate. His photo will certainly be scrutized by gayromeo users to see if he is known.

And there is no evidence that the contact was made through Gay Romeo. If anything, your warning should be to avoid other foreigners.

Syrian ex-commando admits stabbing New Zealander in Jomtien after row
A former Syrian Army commando has been arrested in connection with the murder of Charles Edmund Jones, late president of the World Croquet Federation, in Jones's rented condominium in Chon Buri's Jomtien area on Monday night.

The New Zealander's body was discovered in the condominium with multiple stab wounds on Tuesday.

Provincial Police Region 2 chief Lt-General Thangai Prasajaksatru and Pattaya Police superintendent Col Nanthawut Suwanla-ong yesterday presented the suspect, 21-year-old Mohamad Shanar Ryad, at a press conference along with the victim's notebook, cell phones and wristwatch, which were reportedly stolen, as well as a pocket knife they alleged was the murder weapon.

Ryad reportedly told police he met Jones on August 19 in South Pattaya. He said Jones invited him to smoke marijuana with him in his room and paid him Bt400 to perform oral sex on him. Ryad claimed that on Monday night, Jones invited him to his room again, but the pair got into an argument, during which Jones pulled a knife on him and attempted to sexually assault him. According to police, Ryad admitted to using his pocket knife to stab the victim about 20 times before fleeing with Jones's valuables and hiding at the room of Ryad's Thai girlfriend in Soi Chalermphrakiat 19.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/493743-killer-of-nz-croquet-chief-nabbed/

and there is a photo of the Syrian here from the security camera:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/493031-new-zealand-sports-head-murdered-in-thailand/page__st__75

lonelywombat
August 28th, 2011, 13:25
here is a photo from the police interview

[attachment=0:t1q26707]thai murder suspect.jpg[/attachment:t1q26707]

August 28th, 2011, 16:27
I don't understand and this is not the first time, especially of recent.

Why is it even in the title of the thread that it was not a go go boy?
Why is Gay Romeo mentioned when nothing has been said that the boy met the NZ man on GR.
Yes, it is my personal belief that meeting someone on GR can possibly be more dangerous but unless there is an admitted connection, it should not be mentioned either way.

My new method if I want to see someone on GR is that I have one of my boys sit outside in the family room of my house watching TV or playing Playstation. I make sure the boy sees him on the way in and on the way out so the boy realizes that someone is there who can call the police. I also have a sign on the outside of the house warning people that I have CCTV inside and outside of the house and the sign is written in both Thai and English.

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 16:35
The restaurant was closed during Ramadan and the victim just started his holiday. There is no way they met at the Lebanese restaurant as claimed by the suspect. Do the math.

August 28th, 2011, 16:45
The restaurant was closed during Ramadan and the victim just started his holiday. There is no way they met at the Lebanese restaurant as claimed by the suspect. Do the math.

Hence?

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 16:47

Hence?
Hence. How do these meetings usually happen, when not in a pimping business, an older gay man and a young handsome man? I have already established the suspect lied about where he said they met. That was impossible!

anonone
August 28th, 2011, 16:50
A NZ man was robbed and murdered by a Syrian restaurant worker in Jomtien Complex.It shows the dangers of looking for trade outside the go go bars. Police arrested the man from CCTV images and found the dead mans computer,phones and watch. In the suspects apartment was also $40,000 in cash

$40,000 in cash? Maybe I am traveling in the wrong social circles, but who the hell has $40K in cash with them?
That much cash would lead me to believe something else is going on here....

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 17:21

$40,000 in cash? Maybe I am traveling in the wrong social circles, but who the hell has $40K in cash with them?
Perhaps he was planning a really fabulous holiday? 40K would do it. I do agree that's an odd thing for a NZ national to have lying around. Russians, not so much.

latintopxxx
August 28th, 2011, 17:23
Syrian is gorgeous....to die for...ooops....gotta pack my bags...off to Syria...was in Cairo two years back and loved it....bit talent seems better in Syria if the culprit is anything to go by...

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 17:27
Syrian is gorgeous....to die for...ooops....gotta pack my bags...off to Syria...was in Cairo two years back and loved it....bit talent seems better in Syria if the culprit is anything to go by...
He certainly has the stuff to lure them in. Happy times to him in Thai prison. Good riddance.

August 28th, 2011, 17:50

Hence. How do these meetings usually happen, when not in a pimping business, an older gay man and a young handsome man? I have already established the suspect lied about where he said they met. That was impossible!

Is it possible that the murderer met the NZ man prior to the Ramadan holiday? Is it possible that the NZ man even had the boy in his apartment prior and this was the second or third time meeting him? Since you don't know how long the NZ man was flirting or going with the boy, it is not impossible and you can't just rule out the boy's story. After all, he has been caught, there is CCTV footage of him, and he has not only admitted to killing the man but re-enacted the scene. Why would he care to lie about anything as trivial as where he met the man?

I meet people all the time on the beach or flirt with them but that doesn't mean I go with them right that day. Maybe I flirt for a week or two because I already have an appointment for that day. Don't rule the story out Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau.

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 18:07
The news stories say the NZ man just arrived for his holiday. The Lebanese place next to VC Hotel has been closed for WEEKS during Ramadan. No, I think not possible. The original new story say they met at VC Hotel anyway. There is definitely something fishy. It would be logical for someone who worked at the Lebanese place would arrange to meet at VC Hotel the first time as that was the area of town the suspect new best. I guess he lived near there also. No, I don't know the truth, just connecting the dots.

August 28th, 2011, 18:40
The news stories say the NZ man just arrived for his holiday. The Lebanese place next to VC Hotel has been closed for WEEKS during Ramadan. No, I think not possible. The original new story say they met at VC Hotel anyway. There is definitely something fishy. It would be logical for someone who worked at the Lebanese place would arrange to meet at VC Hotel the first time as that was the area of town the suspect new best. I guess he lived near there also. No, I don't know the truth, just connecting the dots.

OK, fair enough. The problem still exists that we do not know the exact date he arrived. Just arrived might still mean within the last 2 - 3 days and of course it is possible that he showed up that day as you say you believe it meant. Don't know until the police make the date public, if they ever do.

May I ask where it states the Lebanese place was closed for weeks for Ramadan?
While I will admit many businesses may be closed for all or part of Ramadan, I don't know if that place was closed for the entire month.
The reason I ask this is while I was in Morocco during Ramadan, some businesses closed for a few days but I found that most observed the holiday but as expenses for the business still needed to be paid, many restaurants and businesses especially in tourist areas were open but not selling alcohol.
That is my experience from being there at the unfortunate time of Ramadan.

So I guess the question is, do you think they were closed for weeks due to Ramadan or this is your guess? And if you know they were closed because it says that somewhere, please share, otherwise his story still holds water.

August 28th, 2011, 19:27
Hi,

What is known is a young Syrian ,met a NZ national and definitely had sexual contact with him on at least one occasion at a cost of 400 baht. He then went on to murder the man by stabbing him at least 20 times. Where they met AND how is just not important. The man is dead.

The $40,000 dollars seems to have been found at the suspects premises. Who knows? has he been busy fleecing many other gay people? We don't even know if this money was the property of the NZ National, do we?

I think there is a ' Red herring ' in the Syrian trying to justify the attack and saying the man threatened him first and made sexual advances. By his own admission, sexual acts had already taken place previously, so he was no stranger to gay sex was he?

Anyway, 400 baht seems a bit miserly. (if true) especially if he DID have that kind of dosh lying around! It doesn't justify in any way what he has done.

August 28th, 2011, 21:00
Absolutely correct! Thanks Kevin. Doesn't matter what, how or why or how they met.

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 21:27
It doesn't state in anywhere! I know the restaurant, eat there regularly, and pass there almost every day. They close for weeks EVERY Ramadan! They were closed until a few days ago but now are open again as Ramadan is over. It is said the man was a cook there. The restaurant claims they don't even know the man (wouldn't they). How would a customer in a severe, harsh ISLAMIC restaurant meet a cook for gay sex socially anyway. It is a closed kitchen. Like I said -- FISHY.

August 28th, 2011, 22:10
Maybe the man did not have a work permit. Maybe they had no permit to hire the man as there needs to be a ratio of people working on work permits as to how many Thais work there. If I had an establishment that was violating the law, I might try to deny he worked for me too. Just relax, it will all come out in the wash.

Narakmak
August 28th, 2011, 23:55
Maybe the man did not have a work permit. Maybe they had no permit to hire the man as there needs to be a ratio of people working on work permits as to how many Thais work there. If I had an establishment that was violating the law, I might try to deny he worked for me too. Just relax, it will all come out in the wash.Not if they go by the word of the suspect who is obviously a liar. So he was paid only 400 baht to be sucked? Seriously, why would anyone believe one word this guy says?

August 29th, 2011, 00:03
Harsh ISLAMIC restaurant

Do they all dress like the Taliban or in Burka's or something, must admit I've never heard of "A Harsh Islamic Restaurant" before; one learns something new every day

August 29th, 2011, 00:04
Harsh ISLAMIC restaurant

Do they all dress like the Taliban or in Burka's or something, must admit I've never heard of "A Harsh Islamic Restaurant" before; one learns something new every day

I hear it's 100 lashes if you don't eat up your greens.

:occasion9:

August 29th, 2011, 00:06
I hear it's 100 lashes if you don't eat up your greens. :occasion9:

Or a hand amputation if you use the wrong one.....

Narakmak
August 29th, 2011, 00:09
The food is good, but otherwise it is a joyless, humorless place. There is often Arabic world tv news playing of the kind I would describe as not western friendly. There serve no booze, there are no decorations, and they shut for Ramadan. If y'all are so unworldy that you don't get that, my sympathies. That said, everyone is welcome but it is not a place to cruise for trade! Got it now?

Most Arabic/Muslim restaurants in town both serve booze and are bar worker friendly. Do you need it spelled out any more explicitly? GEEZ!!!

August 29th, 2011, 02:04
There serve no booze,.......
Got it now?
Do you need it spelled out any more explicitly? GEEZ!!!
Well I don't know but when I was in Morocco, if I even looked at one of the young men, he followed me back to my apartment! I must have had 10 a day.
You forget that Muslim men are prohibited from touching women. Most of the younger Arabic men have blue balls as they rarely get off. What is considered tolerable is when they play with most of their younger freinds. Not condoned but tolerated. I would assume that the same can be said for the Arab area near the VC Hotel where the restaurant was located. Getting his dick sucked as you say for 400 baht was not the reason he probably went with the guy, same as in Morocco. It was to get his dick sucked. Seeing that much cash and valuables at his disposal came into play after he came! After all, how much do you thin he made working in that restaurant?! Huh?

August 29th, 2011, 04:39
The food is good, but otherwise it is a joyless, humorless place. There is often Arabic world tv news playing of the kind I would describe as not western friendly. There serve no booze, there are no decorations,and they shut for Ramadan. If y'all are so unworldy that you don't get that, my sympathies. That said, everyone is welcome but it is not a place to cruise for trade! Got it now?

Oh so that is what "A Harsh Islamic Restaurant" is all about,I don't think I'd like to go into "A Severe" one then......

August 29th, 2011, 05:41
:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

Narakmak
August 29th, 2011, 06:02
You won't find any cuties at that joint. Trust me. There's no way the victim met the mystery chef there anyway. The guy is a total con artist. He gets to talk shit but his gay victim is dead and can't tell his story.

August 29th, 2011, 06:19
You won't find any cuties at that joint. Trust me. There's no way the victim met the mystery chef there anyway. The guy is a total con artist. He gets to talk shit but his gay victim is dead and can't tell his story.

Hi,

Now you are getting closer to the point. The victim is dead and cannot defend himself. This man has committed the crime, reading between the lines, through the age old reason, GREED. Not uncommon in Pattaya or anywhere else but Pattaya has a habit of breeding scum like this and allowing these types to flourish.

The rest, I believe, is smokescreens and mirrors. To echo justme and his visits to Morocco, I never had any problems Narak Mak getting trade in the ' harsh Islamic Bazaars and markets of Egypt ' either! :sign5:

Narakmak
August 29th, 2011, 06:25
You're way off topic. I am talking about this one restaurant which I know very well. It is a very repressive feeling place. Gay contacts are not happening there. Also very ignorant to think all Muslim spaces or countries are the same. This place -- totally not the place to meet men. The topic is not your gay holidays in Morocco. BTW, gay men regularly get murdered there as well.

August 29th, 2011, 06:53
You're way off topic. I am talking about this one restaurant which I know very well. It is a very repressive feeling place. Gay contacts are not happening there. Also very ignorant to think all Muslim spaces or countries are the same. This place -- totally not the place to meet men. The topic is not your gay holidays in Morocco. BTW, gay men regularly get murdered there as well.

Narak Mak,

I think it is possibly you off topic. Nobody, (not me anyway) is saying they met in this place. OK,You were trying to point out that this place was not the right environment for such a ' meeting ' I accept that. I have eaten in those areas regularly too.

They are saying that this guy "befriends then cheats gay visitors to the resort town". If he has been there for four years, he will know the gay "hangouts"

If the restaurant was closed for Ramadam as you say and if you go there regular, there is no reason to presume different, then that would have given him the free time needed and the opportunity as well to seek out his victim/contact.

My flippant comment on the "harsh strict Islamic bazaars and markets" was lighthearted following on from your description of the restaurant.

I have visited Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey and Malaysia in the past. All Islamic states and all very different.

I was also brought up from an early age with Pakistanis in the same schools and environment. I therefore, without being an authority on Islamic culture or Muslims I am familiar with their customs and practices.

The Pakistanis of the UK would get off in the gay bars of Bradford and Leeds until the western attitudes and styles developed and changed which allowed them to pick up white girls easily. Still virtually impossible for them to get an ASIAN girl there though, outside of marraige.

rincondog
August 29th, 2011, 22:55
A few quotes from Narakmak:

I know the restaurant, eat there regularly, and pass there almost every day.
The food is good, but otherwise it is a joyless, humorless place.
You won't find any cuties at that joint.
It is a very repressive feeling place.

The question I have of Narakmak is why? Why do you eat at this place if it is mostly negative. If you were a restaurant reviewer with that type of review it would probably only get one star and I would never return type of review. When you say you eat there regularly do you mean weekly or only once in a lifetime. I really think I detect your anti-Muslim feelings coloring your comments.

Narakmak
August 29th, 2011, 23:55
I eat there because I like the food. It is best place I know in town for pan-Arabic cuisine. They call themselves Lebanese but there are some famous Lebanese dishes they don't serve and also a number of dishes I consider general Middle Eastern. They do not serve Iranian food but if you want that down the block there are two decent places, Pars and even better the place just next to the Beverly Hotel. I don't like fundamentalist Islamic culture even one bit, the same as fundamentalism of any religion. To me, fundamentalism leads to war, so it's clearly not fun. Whoever is running that place anyway is definitely very religious. But I don't eat the religion, I eat the food. Yes, I have traveled in Islamic countries. I enjoyed the trips and FOOD but would not want to live in places with too much fundamentalist influence.

BTW, I think I answered your question, but I have a question for you -- are you working for the PC police? If I find a place severe and joyless and I deem that comes from a religious/cultural influence ruling the place, I am not supposed to say what I think?

There's another I find offensive by your post. You seem to be saying if we don't enjoy the ambiance of a place, we shouldn't go there regularly. You're projecting! Maybe that's a common gay thing to go only to gay places with overpriced frou frou bad food (won't see me there) so you can massage your boyfriend's balls while eating a microwaved frozen lamb chop with a gay sounding sauce. But to me, a real food fanatic, all I care about is the food. I'm serious. Rats and roaches don't bother me, there could be rabid dogs nipping at my legs, if the food is good and priced OK, I'm there, and I will be back!

witchhunt
August 31st, 2011, 18:01
gaybutton posters seem to have a more agressive attitude. I dont agree with most of it,

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3464

September 19th, 2011, 14:10
Maybe I can clear up a few points on this topic. Most of what I have read has been based on media reports which have been speculative in the main and not always accurate.

This is what the victim told me.

The restaurant was indeed closed when the victim met him there. The victim had established eye contact with the killer when the killer walking along Soi VC with other men on Wed 20Aug in the evening and the victim followed them back to the restaurant. The killer saw his (later to be) victim standing outside. He emerged from the restaurant and exchanged phone numbers with the victim. The killer later phoned his victim and arranged what would be the first of several meetings at the victims apartment. The killer (correctly or incorrectly) told the victim the restaurant was closed for Ramadan, that he worked there and that the boss was not paying the staff during this period but was feeding them at night. After the victim was found in his apartment on Monday around midday, that afternoon the restaurant owner denied any knowledge of the killer when shown his image by police, taken from the security camera at the apartment complex.

I was with the police when they spoke with the restaurant owner. I have no doubt the restaurant owner had valid reasons of his own for denying any knowledge of the offender.

The sum of $40,000 has been referred to. The police showed me photo's of the cash found in the killers apartment when he was arrested. They estimated to me the amount to be about 1mTHB mostly in euros, US$ and THB. Very little of this money come from the victim as the victims safe was un-opened and un-touched when he was discovered. The only things the killer was believed to have taken from the victims apartment were his cellphone, his watch, his mobile phone and his Vaio laptop. What was not known at the time was that the killer also took another SIM card that was not being used in the victims phone at the time.

The killer appears to have felt he would get away with his crime as he chose to remain in Pattaya, get his long hair cut and keep a low profile. What he did not count on was the victim having a friend with whom he shared almost everything. In this case he shared with me the name of the guy, his nationality, his age and his claimed workplace..all of which proved to be accurate. Later I learned about the existence of the second SIM card and its number. I phoned the number of the stolen SIM early in the afternoon on the Friday of the arrest. The call went to voicemail - which meant the stolen SIM was in use. The police were notified and were then able to track the location of the phone and, as it transpired, the killer.

The killers claims that he was invited to the apartment to smoke marijuana and that he was threatened with a knife to put out for anal sex just do not stack-up with the person I knew the victim to be. It seem's odd to me that if I were acting in self defence I would then spend so much time in my attackers apartment and steal things from it before fleeing..but thats just me. When I found the victim (accompanied by the apartment owner and a building security guard) it was clear from the evidence in the room that the killer had spent some time walking around it.

I hope this helps clarify the situation and shed some truth to the discussion.

September 20th, 2011, 06:58
Thank you Stuart,

You seem to have cleared up a lot of points as far as I am concerned. What seems apparent is that robbery was the motive. I don't personally go for the line an older guy, quite passive by accounts from family and friends, would even attempt to threaten a young, fit guy as the one we saw on video and online, for anal sex.

That to me is a ' Red herring ' to try and gain sympathy when it gets to Court. As I said in a previous post, it wasn't the guys first time there and he knew what the purpose of his visit was. He then has a good stroll around the apartment collecting various items easily accessible.

I would think he may not have had the tools to hand to tackle the wall safe, as he stabbed the victim with a fairly small knife by all accounts, indicating to me anyways, that the murder could have been a ' spur of the moment ' job or possibly a quarrel when he wanted more money and was refused. That would lie better to me as a version of events. It may not have been premeditated as he could have hid a larger knife on his person or in a holdall bag, whatever.

I also said it was possible that the money wasn't the victims and you bear this out. It is feasible therefore, that he has been running scams with other gays or even straights to acquire this kind of money in various currencies.

At the end of the day the victim did not deserve this violent end to his life and I feel extreme sympathy for his family and relatives, not only for the death but also for all the negative press, embarrassment, and sensationalism this gay murder has attracted in some news bulletins.

Beachlover
September 20th, 2011, 23:10
This is what the victim told me.
************************* deleted - jinks
Dab69, I know you're thick but do you realise you're cracking a lame joke at a man who's just lost a close friend in violent circumstances?

November 11th, 2011, 10:01
Technically you are correct - they met on the footpath outside the restaurant when the accused stepped out from the restaurant kitchen to speak to the victim and exchange phone numbers.

November 11th, 2011, 10:03

Perhaps he was planning a really fabulous holiday? 40K would do it. I do agree that's an odd thing for a NZ national to have lying around. Russians, not so much.

The $40K in cash was in the suspects room, not the victims.

loke
November 13th, 2011, 03:33
Tragic story this , its safer to meet Thais in Thailand , stay away from foreigners, they will give you more trouble.

CoffeeBreak
November 13th, 2011, 15:49
Tragic story this , its safer to meet Thais in Thailand , stay away from foreigners, they will give you more trouble.

I entirely agree, especially stay away from the low life foreigners who go to the likes of Sunee Plaza.

Incidentally in my opinion:

If the accused in this case was acting in self defence there is a fair chance that assertion can be corroborated by forensic evidence such as evidence of recent defensive injuries on the accused consistent with his claim he acted to defend himself.
There is unlikely to be such evidence.... and we know why right?
The more probable scenario is that this non gay accused was intent to steal and rob from the deceased, and when he did not get his way he committed the worst kind of violence.
Lets hope the Thai Courts are not duped !

November 13th, 2011, 15:57
If the accused in this case was acting in self defence there is a fair chance that assertion can be corroborated by forensic evidence such as evidence of recent defensive injuries on the accused consistent with his claim he acted to defend himself......

Cue "Quincy" theme tune.

:munky2:

November 13th, 2011, 17:55
coffeebreak : I entirely agree, especially stay away from the low life foreigners who go to the likes of Sunee Plaza.

isnt that all the expats and hoilday makers ? hows a boy to make a buck if hes got no one to talk to !!!

thaiguest
November 20th, 2011, 18:05
I don't understand and this is not the first time, especially of recent.

Why is it even in the title of the thread that it was not a go go boy?
Why is Gay Romeo mentioned when nothing has been said that the boy met the NZ man on GR.
Yes, it is my personal belief that meeting someone on GR can possibly be more dangerous but unless there is an admitted connection, it should not be mentioned either way.

My new method if I want to see someone on GR is that I have one of my boys sit outside in the family room of my house watching TV or playing Playstation. I make sure the boy sees him on the way in and on the way out so the boy realizes that someone is there who can call the police. I also have a sign on the outside of the house warning people that I have CCTV inside and outside of the house and the sign is written in both Thai and English.

Yes, there's an insinuation here (not a go-go boy) that presumes potential danger in taking off bar boys.

But I often consider the opposite case; what about the dangers to the boys going alone to the private rooms (owned or rented) of the customers? Many of these boys are new to city life and can be over trusting. Who is to say what pervert/perverts may be behind taking the boy off- there are psychopaths out there and it stands to reason that some of them cruise in Thailand for victims. You may recall one such psyco. being discover in the USA when his last victim ran bleeding from his house; he had abused and tortured to death over 20 young boys.

I recall being 'spooked' in a Sunnee go-go bar some years ago by the presence of 2 weird-looking men who stared for over an hour at one young boy in particular. I knew the owner and mentioned them to him but he had already noticed their behavior. Both of us agreed that it would likely not be good for a boy to go aff with them. What happened I don't know because I left before they did but the incident has remained with me.

In the sex game there are more kinds of risks that the risks to customers.

November 29th, 2011, 05:56

I entirely agree, especially stay away from the low life foreigners who go to the likes of Sunee Plaza.

Incidentally in my opinion:

If the accused in this case was acting in self defence there is a fair chance that assertion can be corroborated by forensic evidence such as evidence of recent defensive injuries on the accused consistent with his claim he acted to defend himself.
There is unlikely to be such evidence.... and we know why right?
The more probable scenario is that this non gay accused was intent to steal and rob from the deceased, and when he did not get his way he committed the worst kind of violence.
Lets hope the Thai Courts are not duped !

You are right Coffeebreak, there is unlikely to be any physical evidence to support the perpetrators claim of self defence - unless it was self-inflicted. The likely evidence to suppport his claim is his word that as a usually fine and upstanding straight boy he was lured to the apartment of a gay man who then attempted to rape him. In other words..gay guy comes on to straight guy, straight guy panics and kills gay guy so therefore the response, despite being extreme, is reasonable. With the perp coming from Syria it is likely to be a common and successful defence strategy there and I suspect in this case the perp is aware of this. This stance is often referred to as the 'gay panic defence' where the primary facts of the case are not disputed. It has been used many times globally by defence lawyers to mitigate murder to manslaughter to discharge. It very much depends in which country the crime takes place as to how the Court views this. In many Muslim and conservative Christian countries this defence is statutorialy permitted and common, due to 'societal attitudes' (read religion) toward their GLBT communities. In more liberal democracies this defence is gradually being ruled as being inadmissable due to its appealing to phobia's on the part of the Court or the jury. The reason for this is that it is not just gays who are and have been victims of this type of defence strategy - any minority is vulnerable to it - think afro-americans in certain states of the US as just one example. In this case, the defence is undermined somewhat by the accused having visited the victim a number of times where paid for sexual activity took place and that the accused stole from the apartment. It then comes down to what kind sexual activity is reasonable for a straight boy to take part in (and what isn't) for cash and the issue of consent.