PDA

View Full Version : Ugly drag, why not butch or muscle drag?

lonelywombat
August 27th, 2011, 09:02
May I ask what type of show you put on? Is it "Glamour Drag? Comic Drag? Or handsome guys?

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Glamour Drag.

I copied this from a locked thread.I assume bucknaway when he uses glamour drag is referring to ladyboys. But I wondered why he did not include ugly drag. Or does he like more masculine.

40 years ago when I came across my first ""Drag"" here at home, it was a small group of men that were mocking women and called themselves Cocks in Frocks. Everyone had a beard or large moustache, no female wig, most were proud of the hairy chest sticking out of the top of their frocks.

Ugly drag . I immediately think of the Dolly sisters Jason and others that run around like a dame from a pantomine, imitating women. The thing I have hated even more since I first arrived in LOS, is the Thai ugly drag that Thai boys love. I have sat amazed the way Thai boys end up in tears at an act that leaves me cold. Bar owners have told me that they get enough Thai boys bringing farang into the shows to make it worth reviving.

There are at least 2 bars in Boyztown where they have large frame guys. I wondered last trip if they could grow facial hair and whether they would be allowed to retain it. The concept of masculine drag, muscle marys with shaved heads, facial hair, unshaved chests doing butch drag might pull an audience from those who carp about Pattaya is full of ladyboys. It might be a lifeline to those former bar boys who have passed their use by date. Does not have to be every night but maybe a quiet night midweek.

Several years back there was a bar opposite Dicks in Jomtien that attracted leather lovers and it was discussed here, included some S&M. For some years wildwestboys had the pretend S&M with plastic tubes, and I met a member there who said he wishes they would take volunteers from the audience.

Muscle drag, butch drag,cocks in frocks or chicks with dicks. One of those oversize men at happyplace
wearing a mask and stripping a poor defenceless bar boy nearly naked, and belting shit out of him with plastic piping, might appeal to those who decry the lack of men in Pattaya go go bars. He could be dressed as a female warder or cop.

Whatever, bucknaway has started by defining drag in Pattaya, maybe it is time for something a little more masculine.

An idea for the Pattaya Gay Festival and Pride. A certain very much overweight bar owner, belting shit out of a multi facelift bar owner on a stage in soi 3 would be awesome.

bucknaway
August 27th, 2011, 10:19
There is a lot of UGLY drag going on at the gay campground I go to in the PA Mountains. You can check it out by going to oneidaresort.com

I am not a big fan of ugly drag but there were a few guys that use to keep me laughing. One group in particular were known as the Diddle Sisters. They wrote and played their own orginal comic tunes. The were AWESOME! One half of the group recently passed away and both of them were as nice as the day is long.
[attachment=3:3s5h2whq]camp1.jpg[/attachment:3s5h2whq]
[attachment=2:3s5h2whq]camp2.jpg[/attachment:3s5h2whq]
[attachment=1:3s5h2whq]camp3.jpg[/attachment:3s5h2whq]
[attachment=0:3s5h2whq]camp4.jpg[/attachment:3s5h2whq]

August 27th, 2011, 12:36
Thank you for the suggestion Lonely BUT please also reread what you copied. You said that I went and called it "glamour drag". Please reread what Bucknaway wrote as well as what you copied and you will see that twice in your post you incorrectly gave me credit for something I never said. bucknaway said it.

On another note, we have been finding it very very difficult to get either glamour drags or butch drags for that matter.
We have sent out several requests and we still get no applicants.
:tif:

lonelywombat
August 27th, 2011, 12:41
reader who claims to be a Ru Paul fan sent me this link.

This is butch drag but also glamour. Although some of the "models" look definitely male

I had in mind the tradesman, truckdriver, police soldier look

[youtube:y3cfw0e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcfnyNjwJ-4[/youtube:y3cfw0e0]

As just me has got his balls in a knot I have changed my reference from buckie to the more formal bucknaway.

I noted that bucknaway did not complain.

gay-thailand-f9/meet-greet-happy-place-wed-aug-24th-baht-drinks-t21505.html#p232340 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand-f9/meet-greet-happy-place-wed-aug-24th-baht-drinks-t21505.html#p232340)

August 27th, 2011, 13:11
See that's how bitching gets started and especially by you who has the audacity to accuse many other people of doing it, you do it regularly.
Now you misquoted me and I pointed it out. That's all I did. But you needed to respond with your tacky little comment and dig that....

As just me has got his balls in a knot I have changed my reference from buckie to the more formal bucknaway.
I noted that bucknaway did not complain.
Who knows? Maybe Bucknaway has not seen that you credited me rather than he. Maybe I was the first to see the error. After all, your post is less than 1 hour old!
All you had to say was, "oh, so I did and I have changed my post."

Stop with your digs and egging shite on .
:violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

lonelywombat
August 27th, 2011, 13:25
just me dont let your ego run away . I used buckie not bucknaway . I copied the post but misspelt his name. As you dont use the unclebuck name here anymore, I cannot see where you think you were quoted or even thought of.

August 27th, 2011, 16:09
It's clear few of you know what Drag actually is - and that most have no idea of the difference between drag artists and female impersonators.
You see a guy in some kind of women's clothing and you immediately label it drag, irrespective of how convincing or otherwise the "transformation" may be. Then you realise that some look better than others so you sub-categorise it into glamour drag and ugly drag - completely incorrect in my opinion

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but drag arists are traditionally grotesques.

You simply cannot have Glamour Drag - that is female impersonation
And you simply cannot have Ugly Drag - that is just....Drag

Note that I am referring to professional artists - not your pathetic, drunken ex-pat who gets dragged up for a Charity Night once a year.

Ladyboys are generally speaking NOT drag. If you think that, say, Alcazar or Tiffany's is a drag show then you urgently need your head seeing to.

Equally, if you think that the Dolly Sisters or Miss Jason are seriously trying to impersonate women, then go see a Psychiatrist.

:occasion9:

August 27th, 2011, 18:47
OK then Lonely. Stop sending me your PMs about how I should run my business.

August 27th, 2011, 19:02
Lonely as you get older you really are sounding more and more like a 'Whinging Old Pom'. You left this forum and vowed never to return, now you are back you still don't like it. SGT is just fine it works, and has always done so, so why try to turn it into something that only you like?

August 27th, 2011, 19:41
Not that I would wish to intrude in the current spat, but I believe that PMs to be exactly that - PRIVATE.

It is poor form, vulgar, and indiscreet to impart information received in a PRIVATE Message to other parties - without the express agreement of the author.

jinks
August 27th, 2011, 19:49
Alphabetically.... justme and lonleywombat STOP IT

I have deleted all off topic rubbish.

Anything off topic will be deleted too, including any mention of my saying rubbish or deleted.

Nabaat
August 27th, 2011, 20:45
Ahhhhh Jinks Baby...just when we could have had a 12 page long spat......hope ya hair falls out :tongue3:

allieb
August 27th, 2011, 21:22
On another note, we have been finding it very very difficult to get either glamour drags or butch drags for that matter.We have sent out several requests and we still get no applicants.:tif:

Why dont you try horror drag? I hear Masie Trollette will perform for a free airline ticket, accomodation and all the gin she can drink. You might even be able to offer her as a prize in a bingo night lol.

August 27th, 2011, 21:50
.. I hear Masie Trollette will perform for a free airline ticket, accomodation and all the gin she can drink...

Wouldn't we all, dear.

:bis: :bis:

August 27th, 2011, 23:21
Touche jinks. May I also suggest as Scottish Guy pointed out that there are a few too many PMs appearing in different threads. It seems to have increased in number over the last few weeks.

LOL Allieb. But I must admit I have never seen her/him.

Nabaat you old coot. I've been to the bar twice and you said you wanted to talk with me! Where you beez? (lol)

I told this to Pattaya Male last week but I will post it on open forum and open a thread on it.
If anyone knows of nice female impersonators or dragmiesters (sorry SG) that might be either looking for a job or looking to change their job, please have them contact the bar!
Thanks!

corky
August 28th, 2011, 00:08
It's clear few of you know what Drag actually is - and that most have no idea of the difference between drag artists and female impersonators.
You see a guy in some kind of women's clothing and you immediately label it drag, irrespective of how convincing or otherwise the "transformation" may be. Then you realise that some look better than others so you sub-categorise it into glamour drag and ugly drag - completely incorrect in my opinion

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but drag arists are traditionally grotesques.

You simply cannot have Glamour Drag - that is female impersonation
And you simply cannot have Ugly Drag - that is just....Drag

Note that I am referring to professional artists - not your pathetic, drunken ex-pat who gets dragged up for a Charity Night once a year.

Ladyboys are generally speaking NOT drag. If you think that, say, Alcazar or Tiffany's is a drag show then you urgently need your head seeing to.

Equally, if you think that the Dolly Sisters or Miss Jason are seriously trying to impersonate women, then go see a Psychiatrist.

Clearly we have an expert on the board - someone who can spot a bloke in a frock at 50 paces and who is not shy when it comes to 'taking off' the stars.

http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-150-1930167-1282999046.jpeg . http://runstop.de/benny054.jpg

Can YOU spot the difference?

bucknaway
August 28th, 2011, 00:53
http://youtu.be/SC6DOg4Hsv4

Noooooo!