PDA

View Full Version : 1st September - Musical Evening at The Balcony

Balcony
August 22nd, 2011, 16:47
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/balcony/MusicalEvening010911-72-2.jpg

We have arranged a special treat for you on Thursday 1st September and visitors to The Balcony on that night will be able to enjoy a varied and talented "Musical Evening".

Toi is a well known professional singer on ThailandтАЩs gay scene, having been the resident singer at PattayaтАЩs Caf├й Royale Hotel for many years and a regular performer at the Pattaya Gay Festival. He will be at The Balcony entertaining us from 10pm onwards.

Golffy is a very lively Issan singer who is a Channel 3 TV regular. She will be supporting Toi along with her troupe of handsome dancers. Those of you who were at our 13th Birthday Party will remember her performance as the climax to our celebrations.

The BalconyтАЩs own singing and dancing waiters will be there too with some individual and group performances тАУ not to be missed. It has all the ingredients of a very enjoyable night тАУ please join us.

The Balcony
86-88 Silom Soi 4
Bangkok 10500

PinkSilom
August 23rd, 2011, 02:31
With gin and tonic still at 75 baht (before any discounts) and no charge for the entertainment, you rarely find value for money like this on the Thai gay scene.

UncleTom
August 23rd, 2011, 12:10
With gin and tonic still at 75 baht (before any discounts) and no charge for the entertainment, you rarely find value for money like this on the Thai gay scene.
You ARE taking the piss! Aren't you . . ?

corky
August 24th, 2011, 20:11
That poster says that Toi is "Ex Cafe Royal, Pattaya".
When did the Cafe dump Toi - I thought he was very good and entertaining and much better than those Philippino boys that sang there.

dab69
August 24th, 2011, 22:28
glad to see he is gone from LCR.
not much on lounge lizards here,
including howling duo

August 25th, 2011, 04:11
glad to see he is gone from LCR.
not much on lounge lizards here,
including howling duo

It makes no difference that Toi has gone and that it is now El Uno - it is all same/same at LCR - only the faces (and prices) have changed.

Balcony
August 26th, 2011, 18:42
MUSICAL EVENING тАУ THURSDAY 1st SEPTEMBER

We regret that a slight change in the line up to our Musical Evening has been necessary because Golffy and the Issan dancing troupe has been double booked for the same date by her agent!

A new Issan group with 2 singers and 4 dancers has now been confirmed for your entertainment on Thursday 1st September and they will be supporting Toi along with the BalconyтАЩs singing & dancing waiters.

We look forward to seeing you next Thursday night.

August 26th, 2011, 19:04
Looking at the poster, the boys would have been hot to see. They really look good on that poster.
Toi..... wasn't he at Cafe Royale for like 75 years? Will this be the same for the Balcony now? Has he retired from Pattaya and now making the rounds in BKK?
:glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7:

ceejay
August 26th, 2011, 19:24
According to the Cafe Royale website, Toi had a leaving party at the end of July. No mention at all as to why he left.

August 29th, 2011, 16:27
...Toi had a leaving party at the end of July.

There was an even bigger party the following night - once they were sure he'd actually gone, and a local Priest had exorcised his spirit.

:occasion9:

September 2nd, 2011, 01:43
...Toi had a leaving party at the end of July.

There was an even bigger party the following night - once they were sure he'd actually gone, and a local Priest had exorcised his spirit.
:occasion9:

Exorcised his spirit? please tell me Father Bob (or is it Ted?) hasn't returned! mind you the bottle was getting rather dusty, talking about dusty (bottles, not springfield!) whatever happened to the enormous collection of minatures ( i don't mean Robbie, RIP) that adorned the place?

September 2nd, 2011, 02:42
How should I know?

I despise small measures.

Mine's a big one.

:rolling: