PDA

View Full Version : East Pattaya?

Dboy
August 21st, 2011, 23:35
For those of you who live on the East side of Suk in Pattaya, you feel like you can get around easily by using motorbike taxi or baht bus, or do you guys own a car or motorbike? Thx

Dboy

August 22nd, 2011, 13:27
Can get around easily.
Own a car and a motorbike, but avoid to take the car into town.
Live 3 kms from Suk

Patexpat
August 22nd, 2011, 14:23
We live in east Pattaya, and have a pickup, a car and a motor bike - choose whichever is appropriate for what you are doing and the weather. There are plenty of motor bike taxis available, and you can call them to come and pick you up .....

lonelywombat
August 22nd, 2011, 14:25
Gaybutton lives on what LMTU calls the darkside, he can also let you have a lot of info.

gaybutton@gmail.com

August 24th, 2011, 13:52
When I first came to Pattaya in the late 70s and 80s you would never go to the dark side, it was called that because bandits use to put ropes across the road and if you was on a motor bike from dusk to late in the night, it use to knock you off your bike of throttle you and then they would rob you, apart from that in those days Pattaya was plauiged with packs of rabid dogs, who would chase you and if they bit you, the chances of you getting rabbis was very high, so you just had to go to the hospital and have about 8 injections and they were the most painful you could ever have, also sukumvit road being the most dangerous road in pattaya with more deaths than any where in the World, you took your life in your crossing any where along there, but its a bit better now but not much.

lonelywombat
August 24th, 2011, 14:39
Pattaya was plauiged with packs of rabid dogs, who would chase you and if they bit you,

the chances of you getting rabbis was very high, .

I would not post that to baht-stop

sing_lofty_sing
August 24th, 2011, 15:22
You know mothersruin is actualy right this time. You would get chassed by packs of dogs and if they caught you they would shout_
" Come inside please sit down .....buy me drink mister "
So well reported sir.

August 24th, 2011, 15:23
The chances of you getting rabbis was very high,

Rabbis (Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish law)..You just couldn't make it up if you tried, what a complete and utter Buffoon... :sign3:

Also sukumvit road being the most dangerous road in pattaya with more deaths than any where in the World,

Just more of the Clowns illiterate hyperbole. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

August 25th, 2011, 08:15
Hi,

How much does a Rabbi charge for short/long time??................. :dontknow:

Is he available for a side trip to Malaysia? Will he objecy to a fivesome? I am quarter Arab, do you think that would be a problem?

Finally, Do I pay him directly of deduct the off fee and pay it to the Synagogue?.... :dontknow:

Dodger
August 31st, 2011, 04:26
The Dark Side was and still is rittled with drug dealers/users and not the best place to be hanging around at night. Hijackings (lone farang on motorbike) are not as common as in years gone by, although still being reported from time-to-time.

Unfortuantely, I have the pleasure of navigating Sukumvit Road daily on my motorbike during my trips to-and-from Nong Palai to visit Thep and it is quite a breath-taking experience. I have to cross Sukumvit 2 times each trip which is equally as challenging...not for the faint-hearted.

I navigate through the dark side each day on the return trip from Nong Palai which is a much faster route and have never experienced any problems, although I'm always out of there before the sun sets.

I'm sure that the farang who reside there could provide information on the positive aspects.

August 31st, 2011, 06:18
Dodger,

Pattaya City itself was and is riddled with drug dealers.

I have a house just over the Sukhumvit Road, (Soi Khao Talo) in what some of you wrongfully describe as the dark side. It rents out, even in these times of economic hardship, at over 50,000 baht per month and it is known to be in a high class village and a great location and it is in demand by rental agencies.

This is due to the fact it is rented to Foreign business executives in the Oil business and other businesses with Foreign involvement etc who like it because it is away from the lady bars of Pattaya and its location provides easy access to the motorways for Bangkok, Laem Chabaeng, Sattahip etc. As you will also be aware, it is easy for drivers to negotiate to take children up and on to the International School.

Beachy,

You need to review your comment in my view, it's harsh and unhelpful and you are getting a bit OTT because you dislike the man in question.

Dodger
August 31st, 2011, 07:03
kquill wrote:

Point well taken.

I always envisioned the Dark Side as being the area which parellels Sukumvit Rd. - extending about a mile or so belond the Road, more-or-less an inner city area. I have seen nice housing areas similar to what you describe with multi-million baht homes, although these seem to be located beyond what I'm referring to as the inner city (Dark Side) - more like a suburban location versus inner city.

Have I got this screwed up?

Patexpat
August 31st, 2011, 15:08
kquill wrote:

Point well taken.

I always envisioned the Dark Side as being the area which parellels Sukumvit Rd. - extending about a mile or so belond the Road, more-or-less an inner city area. I have seen nice housing areas similar to what you describe with multi-million baht homes, although these seem to be located beyond what I'm referring to as the inner city (Dark Side) - more like a suburban location versus inner city.

Have I got this screwed up?

Frankly yes. Many people refer to as far out as Maprachan as 'The Dark Side' and believe me there are many nice villages to be found between Sukhumvit and there - including where I live. In 6 years of living there it would be a lie to say the area is crime free, of course it isn't. But is certainly no worse and I think better than many areas of south, central and north Pattaya. Just look at the crime reports on TV and you'll get the idea. We also have many decent restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets and even our own 'The Darkside' quartley magazine! And we don't have drunken, ignorant and sexually rampant tourists to climb over when we step out into the street! Personally I would NEVER live in Pattaya itself, but our little bit of Nongprue will do me nicely, thank you.

Dodger
August 31st, 2011, 15:57
Patexpat...

Just curious...what is your primary mode of transportation, i.e., motorbike, car, taxi, etc.?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've never heard of a farang having a problem navigating the Dark Side in the evenings in a car or taxi.

Also, do you visit the gay venues frequently (which of course are all located across Sukumvit from where you reside)? If not, than the Dark Side sounds like a great choice for you.

August 31st, 2011, 16:08
Hi,

My modes of transport were both motorbike and my Toyota Fortuner. Never had a problem with either. Did have one burglary where they managed to steal a secondhand UK phone and a Thai/English translator at a total cost of about 5,000 baht.

Did I visit gay venues?? You know the answer to that one.

We improved locks, security shields and never had a further problem whilst we were there.

My friend Charlie, of Charlie boys of old, living in Pratumnak in an alleged 'good area' got hit at least four times.

Up to you to decide. All areas are dangerous if you take into account opportunistic thieves visiting Pattaya and not necessarily residing there.

Patexpat
August 31st, 2011, 17:46
Patexpat...

Just curious...what is your primary mode of transportation, i.e., motorbike, car, taxi, etc.?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've never heard of a farang having a problem navigating the Dark Side in the evenings in a car or taxi.

Also, do you visit the gay venues frequently (which of course are all located across Sukumvit from where you reside)? If not, than the Dark Side sounds like a great choice for you.

We have a car, pick up and motor bike so use what is appropriate - in the wet weather we are having at the mo the bike isn't seeing much use!

As to gay venues, yes of course but they don't rule our lives ... tends to be Jomtien area by choice.

Dodger
August 31st, 2011, 18:26
Patexpat wrote:

We have a car, pick up and motor bike so use what is appropriate - in the wet weather we are having at the mo the bike isn't seeing much use!

As to gay venues, yes of course but they don't rule our lives ... tends to be Jomtien area by choice.

Sounds like a great arrangment to me.

I'm still just a part-time renter - but selected Jomtien Plaza to hang my hat because it provides a nice sparation from the more hectic scenes like Boyztown, Sunnee Plaza, etc. I may give the Dark Side a look when I'm in a position to find a permanent dwelling....but, like you, will also have a car...as I still do the sign of the cross every time I navigate Sukumvit on my motorbike.

Maybe the Dark Side isn't so dark after all!

neoncrusade
August 31st, 2011, 18:46
....but, like you, will also have a car...as I still do the sign of the cross every time I navigate Sukumvit on my motorbike.

No wonder you have trouble crossing the road Dodger! Keep both hands firmly on the bike and say a few Hail Marys once you're safely on the other side! :laughing3:

Here's a few tips to cross the road ...

[youtube:3ko4hq1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMQHvRntgw[/youtube:3ko4hq1g]

September 1st, 2011, 07:07
Frankly yes. Many people refer to as far out as Maprachan as 'The Dark Side' and believe me there are many nice villages to be found between Sukhumvit and there - including where I live. In 6 years of living there it would be a lie to say the area is crime free, of course it isn't. But is certainly no worse and I think better than many areas of south, central and north Pattaya. Just look at the crime reports on TV and you'll get the idea. We also have many decent restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets and even our own 'The Darkside' quartley magazine! And we don't have drunken, ignorant and sexually rampant tourists to climb over when we step out into the street! Personally I would NEVER live in Pattaya itself, but our little bit of Nongprue will do me nicely, thank you.

Hi,

Totally agree with your comments but never heard while I was there that we were on the ' Dark side ' when we were just over the Sukhumvit Road. Always liked it there, so did Tam and so do our renters now!

Always felt safe and we had nice neighbours and it is still very much a desirable address.