PDA

View Full Version : Agression

Brad the Impala
August 16th, 2011, 19:43
May we be losing another poster (and sponsor)?

A select few about 12 on another board are vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things. They make it so that posting on the other board has become an unpleasant experience and I regret it at times and that is why I moved myself to this board.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3388

cdnmatt
August 16th, 2011, 19:53
Isn't that about the 6th time he's left now?

What a bloody nutcase.

Beachlover
August 17th, 2011, 00:03
Justme tends to speak his mind and isn't afraid to call things as he sees them. There's a certain integrity to be admired in that.

Personally, I think this is a risky thing to do if you're a public figure. But he creates a big profile for himself and does seem to attract more supporters than critics this way.

I think he's a very "big picture" type of guy. Bold and unafraid to make mistakes. I work with these kind of guys all the time. They're risk takers and not always great with little detailed stuff. I think he's happy to make 10 moves and get 4 of them wrong as long as he got 6 of them right. Some entrepreneurs are too afraid of making a mistakes to make a move and this can be as big a killer as making too many mistakes. Unfortunately, sometimes he will make a mistake and offend someone, perhaps wrongly, but you have to live with that.

It's a shame he's decided to take a break from SGT due to a few irrational dickheads like narakmak and a few who didn't like his attitude. But even on the "cheating the bar" thread where he was criticised most, he seemed to have more supporters and people agreeing with him than ever... so I hope he'll apply the "4 things went wrong is ok as long as 6 things went right" philosophy to SGT too.

gerefan2
August 17th, 2011, 00:38
But even on the "cheating the bar" thread where he was criticised most, he seemed to have more supporters and people agreeing with him than ever... so I hope he'll apply the "4 things went wrong is ok as long as 6 things went right" philosophy to SGT too.

mmm...said like a real BOSS, with a vested interest?!!

Dick
August 17th, 2011, 04:31
May we be losing another poster (and sponsor)?

A select few about 12 on another board are vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things. They make it so that posting on the other board has become an unpleasant experience and I regret it at times and that is why I moved myself to this board.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3388

As I was saying... the board would be a more pleasant experience if members could exercise a degree of tolerance and self moderation. Here we have as example a poor fellow who having apparently been 'dealt with' by his fellow posters, now feels compelled to leave his favourite board. Shame on us!

August 17th, 2011, 06:24
I know of other boards where content is grossly over-moderated, and threads re-located without reference to the OP - I don't like that..

I know of other boards where there is no moderation at all, and some participants use it as a platform to pursue personal vendettas - I don't like that..

I know of other boards where the proprietor feels that because he created the board, everyone else should doff their caps to him and kiss his arse - I don't like that..

I also know boards where there is considerate and respectful moderation; where personal abuse is off-limits, and where anyone claiming or disputing a point of fact is expected to be able to post sound evidence to substantiate their argument.. - I like that..

I also like people who know how to spell (although I do make mistakes..) - Aggression has 2 G's... :hello2:

Dodger
August 17th, 2011, 06:41
Justme wrote:

A select few about 12 on another board are vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things.

Funny as hell that everyone automatically assumed that justme was referring to SGT. The real humor here is that we all know exactly who he's referring to because we hold the exclusive copywrite on being...vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things.

I guess if any of us want to keep up with the promotions of his business we'll have to read about them on GBT, or, alternately, we could modify our copywrite to read...uninterested, vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things.

jolyjacktar
August 17th, 2011, 06:59
Sorry i dont get it. Justme has given out the rants and raves himself at times. But never mind lets just keep crying that hes left for another board. Look if you cant take it dont give it............ dude.
Thats a good idea lets all leave and go to different chat forums and boards, then none of us will upset each other then lol :crybaby:
Anyway who really bloody cares whos gone where :hello2:

bucknaway
August 17th, 2011, 08:09
Could it be that some people at taking all this posting too serious?
A post is only worth as much as the paper it is written on.
Only on the internet does a written thought live forever and is used as a weapon of attack of an apposing thought that represents a shift in views or a change of heart/mind.

Maybe a persons posts may give us a peek into the personality of the poster but that is all. You get a glimpse of their online personality which may be nothing like the person you would see in the real world away from a message board.

Dodger
August 17th, 2011, 17:28
Bucknaway wrote:

Could it be that some people at taking all this posting too serious?

Yes... unfortunately, some do.

A few of the lunatics who post here (and other forums) don't appear to have anywhere else in real life where people would even listen to them. This (forum) then becomes their place to be heard and acknowledged. Even if the attention they draw is negative (which of course it always is) - it beats not gaining any attention at all.

We are all intelligent enough to know that those who project themselves as being nothing more than rude and ignorant low-lifes should simply be ignored...but have you ever sat on an airplane having to put up with a child sitting in the seat behind you who's misbehaving...kicking to back of your seat...screeming and wining, etc. Being a gentleman you say or do nothing, but deep inside you would like to slap the little bastard in the face.

It's not the fact that the assholes that I just described take the forum too seriously that really matters. It's the fact that we fall into the trap of taking THEM too seriously that really matters.

I always carry along a pair of ear plugs when I fly...works like a charm.

MARK
August 17th, 2011, 18:12
The forums are a good place to let you friends and customers know what you are up to they help bring in new customers and some that have given your place a miss for a while along with that it also give people that may not like you give you a verbal kick in the bollocks you have to take the bad if you want to take the good.
:lam:

Beachlover
August 17th, 2011, 23:30
As I was saying... the board would be a more pleasant experience if members could exercise a degree of tolerance and self moderation. Here we have as example a poor fellow who having apparently been 'dealt with' by his fellow posters, now feels compelled to leave his favourite board. Shame on us!
I suspect you haven't seen many or any of Justme's posts at all. Justme gave as good as he got, if not better. I doubt you would have approved of his posts.

Honestly, why don't you just piss off to Gaybuttonthai or one of the other forums where the moderation is tighter? I think this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining.

Funny as hell that everyone automatically assumed that justme was referring to SGT. The real humor here is that we all know exactly who he's referring to because we hold the exclusive copywrite on being...vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things.

I guess if any of us want to keep up with the promotions of his business we'll have to read about them on GBT, or, alternately, we could modify our copywrite to read...uninterested, vicious, nasty, vulgar and a half a dozen other unpleasant things.
Those are good points... but it's clear that Justme was referring to this forum because he recently posted here that he was taking a break from this forum or words to that effect.

He also said he would continue posting about promotions and events for his bar (and he has).

you have to take the bad if you want to take the good.
Totally agree... very sensible comment.

Brad the Impala
August 18th, 2011, 00:13
The forums are a good place to let you friends and customers know what you are up to they help bring in new customers and some that have given your place a miss for a while along with that it also give people that may not like you give you a verbal kick in the bollocks you have to take the bad if you want to take the good.
:lam:

Exactly, but you seem to be the only bar owner that appreciates that, and doesn't rise to the bait that will inevitably follow any promotion.

Dick
August 18th, 2011, 02:50

I suspect you haven't seen many or any of Justme's posts at all. Justme gave as good as he got, if not better. I doubt you would have approved of his posts.

Honestly, why don't you just piss off to Gaybuttonthai or one of the other forums where the moderation is tighter? I think this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining.

I take as I find. Whether or not I approve of another's posts is missing the point - although you've probably guessed right. He feels he has been made to feel unwelcome on his favourite board because of the way he has been treated by fellow posters. I can believe it: I've only made a few recent posts and alreay you're asking me to "piss off to Gaybuttonthai" so that "this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining". I'm wondering if you might be one of those Justme was complaining about. Is that sufficiently specific?

cdnmatt
August 18th, 2011, 03:17
10 points to justme for staying out of this thread. Talk about self control!

Geez dude, if I'm ever in Pattaya again, I'll buy you a drink in your own bar. Never thought you'd stay out of the thread this long.

Rush, Yet Again
August 18th, 2011, 10:51
I can believe it: I've only made a few recent posts and alreay you're asking me to "piss off to Gaybuttonthai" so that "this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining".

Dick, this board has always been a haven for the disenfranchised and demented. ThatтАЩs not likely to change, nor would I want it to. But IтАЩll join in belatedly, and warmly welcome you back. And I hope you stick around. I appreciate you views, even when they differ from mine and respect that they are just as valid. Not to mention usually stated in a much nicer manner.

The strength of this board has always been that it attracts both the aggressive and polite. ItтАЩs a balance that usually keeps the board from being either dull or nothing but a bloody bitchfest. Granted, right now it seems to be more of the latter, but that has more to do with flooding than individual posters. SGT needs posters like you to keep it on an even keel. The more active you are, the more it will encourage others of a more rational disposition to post.

Personally, I like poking a stick at the caged monkey. HeтАЩs easy to goad and you never know if heтАЩll respond with another failed attempt at appearing rational or revert to his normal mode of throwing feces. You do know, however, whichever he chooses it will smell just as bad.

In the old days on this board тАЬDonтАЩt feed the trollsтАЩ was a common bit of advice. SGTтАЩs current problem child is not unique nor very memorable. That act has been done better before. He posts for no other reason than to use up bandwidth. His reign of inanity too shall pass, probably when his parents take away his internet privileges. Ignore him, or laugh at him, but please stay active on this board.

Beachlover
August 18th, 2011, 23:33
I've only made a few recent posts and alreay you're asking me to "piss off to Gaybuttonthai"
No, I'm suggesting you might be happier on a board with tighter moderation. Same thing Smiles and others suggested to you. It doesn't matter to me whether you stay or go. I think you should stay if you like it. Go if you don't think it's a fit.

I'm wondering if you might be one of those Justme was complaining about.
Why don't you ask him? I think Justme and I have generally gotten along well.

His fellow posters had the right to express their opinion just as he had the right to disagree with them. That's what makes the forum go around. What also makes this forum go around is members being able to express their opinion in an informal and direct manner. If you are so delicate that this offends you, even when it's not directed at you, I think you would be better off going elsewhere or learning to ignore posts you can't stand to read.

bao-bao
August 18th, 2011, 23:58
No, I'm suggesting you might be happier on a board with tighter moderation. Same thing Smiles and others suggested to you. It doesn't matter to me whether you stay or go. I think you should stay if you like it. Go if you don't think it's a fit.
Actually, what you said was "Honestly, why don't you just piss off to Gaybuttonthai or one of the other forums where the moderation is tighter? I think this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining."

As I interpret it, the main problem here the past year or so has been that all too often a person here "express[ing] their opinion in an informal and direct manner" has someone who either doesn't take the time to read and comprehend the statement or twists it to their own wants before blasting them... and then things mutate into a schoolyard F-bomb exchange.

Something like this:
OP: I was passing along Soi 2 up by Second Road one evening and noticed a heap of dog crap on one side of the road.
Responder: You SEE?!? The OP is DELIBERATELY attacking Club X which is CLEARLY right where they were walking!!!!

Shit happens, life goes on. I'm glad to see Dick back. Perhaps he'll add a much-needed note of civility to the proceedings.

Beachlover
August 19th, 2011, 00:23
Yes. I think if he can't stand the tone of the board he should piss off to the next one, rather than mope around moaning about how every post isn't polite and delicate enough for his dainty eyes...

Dick
August 19th, 2011, 01:41
I can believe it: I've only made a few recent posts and alreay you're asking me to "piss off to Gaybuttonthai" so that "this board would be a more pleasant experience without your ambiguous and unspecific complaining".

Dick, this board has always been a haven for the disenfranchised and demented. ThatтАЩs not likely to change, nor would I want it to. But IтАЩll join in belatedly, and warmly welcome you back. And I hope you stick around. I appreciate you views, even when they differ from mine and respect that they are just as valid. Not to mention usually stated in a much nicer manner.

The strength of this board has always been that it attracts both the aggressive and polite. ItтАЩs a balance that usually keeps the board from being either dull or nothing but a bloody bitchfest. Granted, right now it seems to be more of the latter, but that has more to do with flooding than individual posters. SGT needs posters like you to keep it on an even keel. The more active you are, the more it will encourage others of a more rational disposition to post.

Personally, I like poking a stick at the caged monkey. HeтАЩs easy to goad and you never know if heтАЩll respond with another failed attempt at appearing rational or revert to his normal mode of throwing feces. You do know, however, whichever he chooses it will smell just as bad.

In the old days on this board тАЬDonтАЩt feed the trollsтАЩ was a common bit of advice. SGTтАЩs current problem child is not unique nor very memorable. That act has been done better before. He posts for no other reason than to use up bandwidth. His reign of inanity too shall pass, probably when his parents take away his internet privileges. Ignore him, or laugh at him, but please stay active on this board.

Thank you Rush... for the welcome. Most generous. Cracking good post too. Your descriptions are spot on and I'm already pacing myself for the struggle uphill. There's a certain familiarity about your style... I'll no doubt figure it out one day, but I appreciate you standing up for the count on the side of the 'good guys'.

Dick
August 19th, 2011, 02:12
I've only made a few recent posts and alreay you're asking me to "piss off to Gaybuttonthai"

I'm wondering if you might be one of those Justme was complaining about.
Why don't you ask him? I think Justme and I have generally gotten along well.

His fellow posters had the right to express their opinion just as he had the right to disagree with them. That's what makes the forum go around. What also makes this forum go around is members being able to express their opinion in an informal and direct manner. If you are so delicate that this offends you, even when it's not directed at you, I think you would be better off going elsewhere or learning to ignore posts you can't stand to read.

I'm not new to this board and I've seen 'the board' host to characters over the years who some would find more than irritating, others a damn right hoot. I've always felt I could hold my own (as the choirboy said to the bishop). So whilst I appreciate your no doubt well meant advice to move on, I'm gonna stick it for a while longer if only to test myself whether I can still 'hack it'.

I'm not quite sure why some posters think I'm so delicate just because I try to post without trading insults with anyone. I post on most boards, albeit less than I use to, and I feel I've earned the right to continue posting here despite a period of absence. I may not be as prolific a poster as some, but I was taught its not the volume of posts that you make; rather the quality of them. Yet some it seems are compelled to post to each and every thread even when they have nothing of worth to contribute, as if to mark their territory same as any predatory animal would piss on objects to mark his or her boundaries - in much the same way I suppose as Gaybutton contributes to every thread just to let everyone know its really his blog. But you probably knew that.

jinks
August 19th, 2011, 02:18
Dick, over the years I have noted quality not quantity from you. Please stay.

As a near to "founder member" your input will be missed, by me at least.

Dick
August 19th, 2011, 02:21

Hi jinks

No worries mate... I'm not going anywhere!

August 19th, 2011, 12:55

Hi jinks

No worries mate... I'm not going anywhere!

Yes I must say it is sure good to know your back and I must apologize I played my old trick on you, when we last met, of getting a conversation, as you did not remember me, now I have lost weight and look so stunning, started talking about the gay web sites, then mentioning that hideous man LMTU, I do it all the time, Its wonderful to see all the different opinions many guys have, about lots of writers on the boards and you come out fine, I can tell you. Mine is normally 50/50 so thatтАЩs fine for me.

Yes and once again still thinking of our Mutual friend TERRY (WOWPOW) I know you do and many others still miss him so much.

August 19th, 2011, 15:20
then mentioning that hideous man LMTU

It doesn't get better than that, the doors of the asylum have been left open, he's back talking about himself... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Dick
August 20th, 2011, 02:45
...now I have lost weight and look so stunning...

If I remember correctly I complimented you on your loss of weight, but only your weight.
Nobody mentioned 'stunning' :-)

Dodger
August 20th, 2011, 20:03
Dick,

It's great to see you back. I've always judged you as a true gentleman and have always liked your down-to-earth perspectives on so many of the controversial subjects we have tossed around over the years. It's people like you that add positive substance to the Board and I hope you stick around.

Beachlover wrote:

What also makes this forum go around is members being able to express their opinion in an informal and direct manner.

Yes, I couldn't agree more and would like excercise the freedom of being informal and direct right now:

Your comments to Dick were just another example of the arrogance and total ignorance you display in all that you write, and I can assure you that it's not that type of behavior that makes this forum go around...it merely strains the patience of those who formed this forum who want to see it continue to go around.

When I read the comments regarding you being blocked from other forums I have to ask myself - how in the world does someone get blocked from a public forum? I mean I see people getting fired from their jobs, locked out of the house by an agry partner or getting barred from a local pub for acting unruley, but how does one fuck up to the point that he get banned from a public forum? I can only assume that it has something to do with the person being perceived as being undesireable for one reason or another.

You seem to enjoy spending a lot of time figuring out the modus operandes, screen names, etc., of other people, and then go on to share your discoveries with all - so let me share with you how I peg you (informally and directly of course):

First, let's see how you project yourself to us: Young, handsome, wealthy, successful, entreprenorial, jet-setting, and knowledgeable of all earthly matters - including of course the subject which you claim to be most expert in "Thailand".

Now, here's who I see you as (in reality): Senior citizen, retired (earlier than desired), possibly physically handicapped, Phillipino decent (mixed), past administrative worker (file clerk level), lonely, abused mentally (possibly physically when young), loner, overly sensitive, with a mild mannered personality in public (not public forums) - but a physco when stuck in a dark room with a computer when you search for yourself.

I don't believe you've ever visited Thailand - not evan once, and spend hours upon hours surfing the internet in an effort to sound like someone who you are in fact not - with the motivation of gaining attention as your number one driver.

Above all, you want to be noticed, admired and popular, although, find it impossible, which is the true source of your unrest.

I'd like to offer you the same invitation to just leave this forum as you offered Dick, although realize that you would have no where else to go, thus making this an unrealistic invitation. So all I can say is just go with the flow and keep enjoying the fact that we can be as informal and direct as we want to be here.

August 20th, 2011, 22:54
Dick,

Beachlover wrote:

What also makes this forum go around is members being able to express their opinion in an informal and direct manner.

Yes, I couldn't agree more and would like excercise the freedom of being informal and direct right now:

First, let's see how you project yourself to us: Young, handsome, wealthy, successful, entreprenorial, jet-setting, and knowledgeable of all earthly matters - including of course the subject which you claim to be most expert in "Thailand".

Now, here's who I see you as (in reality): Senior citizen, retired (earlier than desired), possibly physically handicapped, Phillipino decent (mixed), past administrative worker (file clerk level), lonely, abused mentally (possibly physically when young), loner, overly sensitive, with a mild mannered personality in public (not public forums) - but a physco when stuck in a dark room with a computer when you search for yourself.

I don't believe you've ever visited Thailand - not evan once, and spend hours upon hours surfing the internet in an effort to sound like someone who you are in fact not - with the motivation of gaining attention as your number one driver.

Above all, you want to be noticed, admired and popular, although, find it impossible, which is the true source of your unrest.

I'd like to offer you the same invitation to just leave this forum as you offered Dick, although realize that you would have no where else to go, thus making this an unrealistic invitation. So all I can say is just go with the flow and keep enjoying the fact that we can be as informal and direct as we want to be here.

Yes you should be a psychiatrist dodger, you seem to, like most guys, have the bitterbore sussed, :lam: it's quite obvious he has come from an utterly humble back ground and all the things he pretends to be, is his Walter Mitty persona of the person he dreams of being, the more he realizes we know the games is up with him and as you so rightly say, he is a fraud, its quite obvious he has no breeding, because no one unless they have been and is still being dealt a bad hand in life, he would not speak like he dose, but don't worry bitter bullies like him and his non de plume 'combat' never answer when they have been caught out, unless its with more poisonous diatribe, you can be sure you will be non the wiser if you hear at all. :hiding:

Smiles
August 20th, 2011, 23:24
Works for me.
Now we shall see in how many different ways the word 'fuckstick' can be used. (Or now that I mentioned it, possibly not).

Dboy
August 21st, 2011, 07:32
But even on the "cheating the bar" thread where he was criticised most, he seemed to have more supporters and people agreeing with him than ever... so I hope he'll apply the "4 things went wrong is ok as long as 6 things went right" philosophy to SGT too.

mmm...said like a real BOSS, with a vested interest?!!

Anyone who's ever run a business rather than being a mere employee would feel the same way.

dab69
August 22nd, 2011, 00:51
http://www.geekologie.com/2011/08/08/mad-on-the-internet-full.jpg

Smiles
August 22nd, 2011, 08:57
Dab69, that's a pretty good summation of the dynamic of those message boards where there is a general philosophy that folks should be free to write whatever they wish within the limits of a very broad set of posting guidelines. Sawatdee is that kind of place.

Other boards believe in much more strict enforcement of 'good behavior' ('good' defined by the Admins) and, at the first indications of 'a problem', often cut things off at the first level on your structure (i.e.: The High Road). That would be Thai Visa, Gaybutton, Ting Tong etc etc.
Depends on each individual's squirm level which place(s) they are comfortable with.

I remember a long time ago stumbling across a kind of Newtonian Law of Message Boards. It went (something like) this: " An argument on an anonymous internet message board will begin with a kind of quiet discussion; will then be highjacked by a small number of people (while peaceful others drop off one by one); the turmoil gathers strength and vitriol until the singular point wherein one poster calls another poster a Fucking Nazi; at which time all grace ends, the few worms left take over, all is lost ".

It's been a very long time since the word 'nazi' has been used on Sawatdee to describe a fellow Member (I'd have to do a search to see if it ever has), so taken in that very low-bar light, Sawatdee's upheavals can be reasonably described as small potatoes.

Beachlover
August 30th, 2011, 01:38
then mentioning that hideous man LMTU
It doesn't get better than that, the doors of the asylum have been left open, he's back talking about himself... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
Wait till he registers a second handle and starts talking to and agreeing with himself again... :rolling:

I'm gonna stick it for a while longer if only to test myself whether I can still 'hack it'.
Good for you.

not quite sure why some posters think I'm so delicate just because I try to post without trading insults with anyone.
No one's ever called anyone delicate for posting without insults... it's taking issue with other people's debates, which you could easily skip over that does it.

I feel I've earned the right to continue posting here
Goodness... you don't need to "earn" the right to post here. Just post!

Beachlover
August 30th, 2011, 01:50
I couldn't agree more and would like excercise the freedom of being informal and direct right now... let me share with you how I peg you
I enjoy many of your posts and this won't change that, but let me return the favour...

Dodger, I imagine you're a middle-aged man who spent most of your wasted life clueless about your sexuality and in a loveless marriage.

You now lack the self control to pursue any other ambition than traveling to Thailand to pay for sex with boy prostitutes half your age. When your long-term partner was incarcerated, you almost immediately went back to lurching from prostitute to prostitute in a frenzy of sex to make up for something you missed.

Because of this, the only people you will ever have sex with are those who you have no attraction to (ex-wife) and those who have no genuine sexual attraction to you (prostitutes). You are consigned to never have a completely genuine sexual relationship. You will never know if any of your Thai boyfriend/s' love is real at all.

Your finances are piss-weak because you lacked the foresight and self-control to sort that out earlier on. You work longer hours than you'd like in the hope it'll bring you a satisfactory standard of living later on. The reality is by then, there won't be much of you left.

Your emotional intelligence and self awareness are greater than most around you. So you're not completely blind to how utterly disgusting many of your farang companions in Sunee Plaza are. But other than a few anecdotes, you can't bring yourself to be completely honest because you're reliant on these dregs for social companionship and can't make too many enemies. For some reason, you find this place and the people you interact with there, "fit" you.

None of this makes you a complete arsehole. So I wouldn't normally put this out there with the type of honesty I usually reserve for people who are.

Whilst my profile of you is based on what you've said about yourself, your assertions about my ethnicity, occupation, people skills, physical fitness and more are really just a half-arsed poke in the air by a fading mind...

I don't believe you've ever visited Thailand - not evan once
This statement is irrational to the extreme.

the subject which you claim to be most expert in "Thailand".
Care to point out where I've ever claimed that?

Dodger
August 30th, 2011, 07:44
Beachlover wrote:

Your emotional intelligence and self awareness are greater than most around you.

I'm not sure about "most", but there is at least one.