PDA

View Full Version : I beg your Pardon?

Dick
August 13th, 2011, 21:52
First of all, thank you ColmX for the welcome. Ive been lurking but hadn't until this week posted for some while.

I had forgotten why I drifted away... and then read the Pardon Me thread started by Mothers Ruin. At the time of writing there are 58 posts: Mothers Ruin 12; Combat 12; Beachlover 9; Patexpat 3; Scottish Guy 3; K Quill 2; The1 2; Witchunt 2; netrix 2; Thonglor 2; Khor tose 1; new alaan 1; luvthai-2 1; jolyjacktar 1; puckered penquin 1; Pattaya male 1; Smiles 1; jinks 1; and cdmatt 1. More than half the contributions have been posted by just three posters and apart from the opening post, they mostly contain personal insults and accusations directed against the opening poster to which many others have chimed in. Defensively, return insults and rhetoric have been slung back by Mothers Ruin. Only a few posts to the credit of their posters keep to the subject matter of the thread without insult.

The success of other boards past and present to which many old names have drifted is I think largely due to the strong moderating maintained on those boards. The tone of Sawatdee has unfortunately deteriorated to a point where ungentlemanly conduct reigns with impunity. If you dont like a particular poster then ignore him and his posts - it would make the board less tedius if one didn't have to wade through the repetitive diatribe that now seems commonplace.

Beachlover
August 14th, 2011, 00:02
The success of other boards past and present to which many old names have drifted is I think largely due to the strong moderating maintained on those boards.
Sorry, but I disagree with your argument for moderation change. SGT is frequently busier and more popular than other boards. It holds a strong and unique position against its competitors because it's NOT tightly moderated. Why the hell would you want to change that?

Users seeking a more tightly moderated board have plenty of options. They can go to Gaybuttonthai or Gaytingtong.

SGT is highly popular because users know they can voice their views and experiences without being too delicate about it. Jinks lets SGT run in a more natural and free flowing manner. If people post poorly justified or unpopular opinions here, they can be quickly disputed, argued and dealt with by other members who can be challenged themselves if they fail to justify their criticism.

If you dont like a particular poster then ignore him and his posts - it would make the board less tedius if one didn't have to wade through the repetitive diatribe that now seems commonplace.
I... read the Pardon Me thread
If that thread was so tedious then why did you read it? The beauty of that thread is you had a big argument contained within that one thread. You can skip the whole thing if you want. It's pretty clear the entire thread is an argument. Do 2-3 slagging threads put you off 45+ other perfectly good threads on the first page?

LMTU/Mothersruin, the OP of that thread has been banned from this site 20+ times but keeps coming back. He knows what to expect when he posts something like that. The type of replies he got there (including the first 20+ slagging posts, which I had no part in) were no different from what he's previously had here.

August 14th, 2011, 00:33
First of all, thank you ColmX for the welcome. Ive been lurking but hadn't until this week posted for some while.

The success of other boards past and present to which many old names have drifted is I think largely due to the strong moderating maintained on those boards. The tone of Sawatdee has unfortunately deteriorated to a point where ungentlemanly conduct reigns with impunity. If you dont like a particular poster then ignore him and his posts - it would make the board less tedius if one didn't have to wade through the repetitive diatribe that now seems commonplace]

I had forgotten why I drifted away... and then read the Pardon Me thread started by Mothers Ruin. .[/quote

If you dont like a particular poster then ignore him and his posts - it would make the board less tedius if one didn't have to wade through the repetitive diatribe that now seems commonplace.
I... read the Pardon Me thread

If that thread was so tedious then why did you read it? The beauty of that thread is you had a big argument contained within that one thread. You can skip the whole thing if you want. It's pretty clear the entire thread is an argument. Do 2-3 slagging threads put you off 45+ other perfectly good threads on the first page?

LMTU/Mothersruin, the OP of that thread has been banned from this site 20+ times but keeps coming back. He knows what to expect when he posts something like that. The type of replies he got there (including the first 20+ slagging posts, which I had no part in) were no different from what he's previously had here.

MR Says:- If you read all the diatribe you continuously keep boring us with, your soon see your quite mad, who on earth is remotely interested in all the rubbish you keep fantasying about me, get over me, if your In love with me and want to continue to be my stalker why donтАЩt you write, this insane crap privately and let all the rest of us, enjoy this what use to be Informative web site, you have been banned for just about all the other web sites and the only place left for you is here, so why donтАЩt you just either go away or forget I exists, IтАЩm sorry even though you are obsessed with me, your just not my type.

Beachlover
August 14th, 2011, 00:41
you have been banned for just about all the other web sites and the only place left for you is here
Not true. I can post freely on at least three of the gay Thailand sites. The only site where I cannot post freely is Gaybuttonthai and there's nothing to stop me re-registering and posting there if I choose (I choose not to).

You on the other hand have been banned over 20 times here and banned at least once on GTT, GT and BS. This is why you post under totally different names on every board, because your original usernames have been banned multiple times. Your posts are heavily edited and often deleted on GBT. You're a moron.

August 14th, 2011, 00:44
you have been banned for just about all the other web sites and the only place left for you is here
Not true. I can post freely on at least three of the gay Thailand sites. The only site where I cannot post freely is Gaybuttonthai and there's nothing to stop me re-registering and posting there if I choose (I choose not to).

You on the other hand have been banned over 20 times here and at least once on GTT, GT and BS. Your posts are heavily edited and often deleted on GBT.

Try posting in GayThailand again see what happens and GTT, Oh dear we know 2 big things about you, that is you love porky pies and you have a long nose. If have been banned! Its funny I write on all the gay web sites and more Mr porky Pies. Please get help with your obsession of me, stalking is illegal you know. :headbang:

Beachlover
August 14th, 2011, 00:48
You have no credibility because you rarely get your facts right.

1. I can and have been posting freely on GayThailand.

2. I can post freely under my own original username on Gaytingtong. You, on the other hand were banned there and had to re-register as "RnR" or some different username.

3. I can post freely under my original username on Baht-Stop. You, on the other hand have been banned and had to re-register there.

You have been banned more times and from more gay Thailand boards than anyone else in existence.

A longtime poster told me a while back that unbeknown to LMTU he had been sitting very close to his table in a bar in Bangkok when he over heard him boasting as only he would, about how he ran rings around all the forum moderators using so many different handles no one knew (can you believe it?) it was him posting!

bao-bao
August 14th, 2011, 01:45
The tone of Sawatdee has unfortunately deteriorated to a point where ungentlemanly conduct reigns with impunity. If you dont like a particular poster then ignore him and his posts - it would make the board less tedius if one didn't have to wade through the repetitive diatribe that now seems commonplace.
I'm really glad to see you back, and I hope you won't let the few with control issues drive you away.

It's unfortunate that some of the worst abusers think it's acceptable to ask the vast majority to tip-toe through their crap to read a thread without ruining another pair of shoes, but they can't see past their own desires. You're right, though... it would be easier if people could demonstrate some control.

There have been unpleasant folks on the forums since forums started. That's never going to change - but there's always hope SGT's current cancer can be coaxed into remission once again.

August 14th, 2011, 02:10
You have no credibility because you rarely get your facts right.

1. I can and have been posting freely on GayThailand.

Your so good at showing us links put the last link up where you posted there?

2. I can post freely under my own original username on Gaytingtong. You, on the other hand were banned there and had to re-register as "RnR" or some different username.

Well thatтАЩs strange why would I have to reregister when IтАЩm on there.'

3. I can post freely under my original username on Baht-Stop. You, on the other hand have been banned and had to re-register there.

Well thatтАЩs also strange when I write under my own name, I will admit some one did have a joke and register in a fake similar name, but only was allowed to write twice after I complained people thought it was me making false claims, similar to what you try to do.

You have been banned more times and from more gay Thailand boards than anyone else in existence.

If IтАЩm so bad as you would love to dream of, funny I write on all the board and have no problems, unlike you do, when your banned from most of them, but when you write your last post as above, we will know your telling the truth. I wont hold my breath Mr. Walter Mitty. CanтАЩt wait for you to wriggle out of this one.

A longtime poster told me a while back that unbeknown to LMTU he had been sitting very close to his table in a bar in Bangkok when he over heard him boasting as only he would, about how he ran rings around all the forum moderators using so many different handles no one knew (can you believe it?) it was him posting!

What utter crap, as I never speak about my writing in Bars in BKK and very rarely frequent them more lies. THE CHANCES OF HIM SEEING ME IN A BAR IN bKK IS nIL.

bao-bao
August 14th, 2011, 02:21
Yes... like that, Dick.

Welcome back anyway!

August 14th, 2011, 02:30
Hi,

I think I am in the clear here, I posted on topic without insult!

Dick
August 16th, 2011, 06:24
Beachlover
You said "I disagree with your argument for moderation change.тАЭтАЬ

You may have misunderstood my post. I was merely expressing an opinion as to why some of the old names that ColmX remembered may have migrated to other boards. I was not putting forward an argument for moderation change.

You then said тАЬSGT is frequently busier and more popular than other boards. It holds a strong and unique position against its competitors because it's NOT tightly moderated. Why the hell would you want to change that?тАЭ...тАЬ SGT is highly popular because users know they can voice their views and experiences without being too delicate about it.тАЭ

I can understand why some prolific posters тАУ particularly those with what might be described as an assertive style - might be reluctant to welcome tighter moderation: it would be rather like asking Jesse James or Billy the Kid to hang up their guns and support the Brady campaign for tighter gun control. Rather like expecting an alcoholic to support Prohibition! The standards of etiquette on this board have in my honest opinion gone too far downhill to expect much in the way of improvement. The most someone with a reasonable disposition might hope for is a return to more congenial, tolerant, self moderation coupled with mutual respect for other posters.

You say тАЬIf people post poorly justified or unpopular opinions here, they can be quickly disputed, argued and dealt with by other membersтАжтАЭ You then go on to say with regard to Mothers Ruin тАЬHe knows what to expectтАжтАЭ

The expression тАШdealt withтАЩ suggests that you feel itтАЩs OK in some way to тАШpunishтАЩ another poster for making a post that you believe to be poorly argued or unpopular. Have I interpreted that right? By all means express a counter argument, but surely everyone here has a right to post, however poorly expressed or unpopular it might be regarded by another poster. Each of us will often have a different point of view. WeтАЩre not all as eloquent as we might like to appear on paper. If a poster needs to be reprimanded for an inappropriate post or for transgressing posting guidelines, surely its the job of the moderator to 'deal with it' not the lynch mob or its self appointed spokespersons.

тАЬThe beauty of that thread is you had a big argument contained within that one thread.тАЭ

I donтАЩt believe in arguing for arguments sake. I find a thread full of posts containing personal insults and exchanges of abuse and or profanities detract from the topic. Constructive, helpful, informative are descriptions that come to mind along with interesting and amusing тАУ these are qualities I much prefer to see in a post, not exchanges of insults that frequently appear.

Bao-bao

Greetings! YouтАЩre not wrong in what you say. Thanks for the welcome.

Kquill

Yes Kevin, youтАЩre in the clear! ItтАЩs a pity more posters donтАЩt emulate your style.

Smiles
August 16th, 2011, 08:35
Looks like you had better stick with the 'nice' Boards Dick. The moderation on such places smooths things out ~ I would say, somewhat unnaturally ~ to the point that, similarly to here but in the opposite direction, folks so-inclined to gentility (perhaps as yourself) migrate there ... after being shocked and appalled here.

But, like stock markets and erections, a board's 'demeanour' moves up and down over time: folks move in and out; members whine about under-moderation, then switch sides and scream for more moderation when their own ox is gored or their sacred balloons popped or their personal lines-in-the-sand are rubbed out without warning or apology.
Big deal . . . that's what an ignore feature or a decent built-in bull-shit detector is for (e.g. our official mascot and court jester Beachlover accused me the other day of reneging on the former when really all I need ~ with him ~ is to hone the latter).

Ting Tong is all nicey-nice, but with few customers besides stalwart regulars, and moderators. GayThailand is the same, except turned around ... all mods, few regulars ... a club rather than a message board. I like Gaybutton's board, mainly because Gaybutton is less dictator and more moderator than he was with his other boards, and that I think helps rather than hinders the board's success. But Gaybutton board is also a rather limited one in terms of topics (just read down the front page topic list as witness) and wide-openness (it's wildly Pattaya-centric and the owner admits, and regrets that). I post on all the aforementioned, but not regularly ... there being only so much time on the clock.

Sawatdee continues to be ~ by a long shot ~ the largest and most diverse message board on gay Thailand. It has a 'say-anything' quality ~ has had from the start ~ and I doubt whether it will ever change into a Victorian frock after all these years.
In the end ~ as The Colonel/Homitern said rather often ~ we should all only be in it for the laughs anyway (is it possible not to appreciate a message board wherein lives a topic entitled `Would You help Another to Masturbate`). On message boards it's entertainment: enlightenment only occurs by mistake or serendipity.

thonglor55
August 16th, 2011, 14:35
The standards of etiquette on this board have in my honest opinion gone too far downhill.You're just getting old, Dick. In my opinion things haven't changed much at all. For Beachlover substitute Hedda and we're back in 2001. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on.

neoncrusade
August 16th, 2011, 15:45
For Beachlover substitute Hedda and we're back in 2001.

I don't agree. Beachlover has posted a lot of good stuff....trip reviews, links to movies, music etc. He turned me on to a great gay movie that had slipped under my radar and even posted a video clip about how to spot a rip tide (which I at least though was really interesting, even though I don't live anywhere near the sea to be worried about them!).

Hedda on the other hand was just vitriol with a capital V and probably never turned anyone on full stop.

August 16th, 2011, 17:09
The moderating on this board has always been relatively good, and easy going that's what makes it stand out from some of the other forums. jinks also works a full time job so looking after this as well must at times be a handful for him.

LMTU (mothersruin) has been allowed to return for reasons known only to the mods here, but if you are savvy with his previous record/s where he more or less takes over a forum (he's been warned over on GayButton and other forums, and also banned from some because of this) with his long unintelligable posts, plagiarising and posting from other boards without giving reference, answering himself with the many handles that he uses etc.. etc., then one should be weary of just letting him have a 'totally' free rein. Other than that leave the forum alone as it's worked well over the years and requires no changes.

witchhunt
August 16th, 2011, 17:17
For Beachlover substitute Hedda and we're back in 2001.

I don't agree. Beachlover has posted a lot of good stuff....trip reviews, links to movies, music etc. He turned me on to a great gay movie that had slipped under my radar and even posted a video clip about how to spot a rip tide (which I at least though was really interesting, even though I don't live anywhere near the sea to be worried about them!).

Hedda on the other hand was just vitriol with a capital V and probably never turned anyone on full stop.

Obviously a fan or close friend of beachy.

BTW as you joined just this year, what was you posting name when hedda was rampant here?

neoncrusade
August 16th, 2011, 17:52
BTW as you joined just this year, what was you posting name when hedda was rampant here?

I'll keep quiet on my previous incarnation if I may....woman's prerogative and all that.

August 16th, 2011, 20:03
The moderating on this board has always been relatively good, and easy going that's what makes it stand out from some of the other forums. jinks also works a full time job so looking after this as well must at times be a handful for him.

LMTU (mothersruin) has been allowed to return for reasons known only to the mods here, but if you are savvy with his previous record/s where he more or less takes over a forum (he's been warned over on GayButton and other forums, and also banned from some because of this) with his long unintelligable posts, plagiarising and posting from other boards without giving reference, answering himself with the many handles that he uses etc.. etc., then one should be weary of just letting him have a 'totally' free rein. Other than that leave the forum alone as it's worked well over the years and requires no changes.

Considering your other flamer name was тАЬsanookтАЭ the most hated person on the forum, and you were banned here under that name, same as you were on all the other gay web pages, for flaming, same as your other some say NoM De plume BitchyBeachBore who you seem to follow like A smell after a nasty fart, thatтАЩs rich coming for you. No one has ever warned me to stop protecting my previous good name, from a professional flamers like YOU and No! IтАЩm not like you, answerer posts by beach bore moments after, continuously as if your Siamese Twins joined at the ass hole as you both are.

This forum has a certain magic and like him or hate him jinks monitors it as he feels fit, if any one moderated it there is always half the members who would complain, its a thankless job, most forums have their good times and bad times, this one seems to be going through a renewed resurgence, but if we could get rid of the flamers here, which you are one of them, The only thing I just cant understand is why jinks never deletes any one who is flaming, may be not so much the person but the post, I know of many more guys who would write for fear of being flamed, its bad enough writing under normal circumstances, finding interesting post for everyone to read who come back for more, I know some guys do get there rocks off when the local bully come in and tryтАЩs to beat up on the town crier, but its total cowardice to sit drunk pretending they are some Hi flier, when if you read between the lines, its nothing more than a pitiful sole who needs help with his Water Mitty Persona.

August 16th, 2011, 20:06
See what I mean? :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

August 16th, 2011, 20:15
Yes we do, there is No Answer to the Truth.

Thai Dyed
August 16th, 2011, 20:20

Lord knows jinks does a great job considering the stress he has been under negotiating his way through all those cute hoodies throwing petrol bombs in the streets while trying to make his way to a computer to check out the latest nonsense on SGT.

[attachment=0:2ux86u0t]jinks stuck in traffic.jpg[/attachment:2ux86u0t]

Beachlover
August 16th, 2011, 23:39
I was not putting forward an argument for moderation change.
Ok, you're right about that.

тАШdealt withтАЩ suggests that you feel itтАЩs OK in some way to тАШpunishтАЩ another poster for making a post that you believe to be poorly argued or unpopular. Have I interpreted that right?
No, I didn't say "punish"... You said everyone's entitled to post their opinion right? Then everyone else is entitled to post their opinion of that opinion. It's the free flow of this that keeps everyone naturally in check. I cop shit all the time and act on feedback if feel it's justified. At the same time, if someone criticises someone in an unfair or unjustified manner, more often than not, they'll cop it from other posters won't they?

I don't think any moderator can replace the natural balance achieved here... it's like trying to replace the natural market forces of capitalism with some kind of centrally-controlled economic system like communism. Capitalism does need some minimal regulation and it does deliver some booms and shocks but it still works best. SGT's like that.

I donтАЩt believe in arguing for arguments sake... these are qualities I much prefer to see in a post
How about argument for entertainment's sake?

Everyone's got a different preference for the type of posts they like and don't like to see. I have little interest in long reports about prostitute bars and sleazy sex shows but I know some appreciate them so I don't complain. Some take offense to Scottish's witty comments and Newalaan's wailing insults but I love them.

Looks like you had better stick with the 'nice' Boards Dick. The moderation on such places smooths things out ~ I would say, somewhat unnaturally ~ to the point that, similarly to here but in the opposite direction, folks so-inclined to gentility (perhaps as yourself) migrate there ... after being shocked and appalled here.

But, like stock markets and erections, a board's 'demeanour' moves up and down over time: folks move in and out;
For once, yes, I'll agree with what Smiles said above.

Big deal . . . that's what an ignore feature or a decent built-in bull-shit detector is for (e.g. our official mascot and court jester Beachlover accused me the other day of reneging on the former when really all I need ~ with him ~ is to hone the latter).
Smiles... Don't get complacent and procrastinate. You need to make preparations before your cognitive abilities slip away completely. :rolling:

Obviously a fan or close friend of beachy
Nope... Neoncrusade and I aren't close friends at all. I think he's an interesting character and has a good sense of humour in his posts though. Nice guy.

Beachlover
August 16th, 2011, 23:49
LMTU (mothersruin) has been allowed to return for reasons known only to the mods here, but if you are savvy with his previous record/s where he more or less takes over a forum (he's been warned over on GayButton and other forums, and also banned from some because of this) with his long unintelligable posts, plagiarising and posting from other boards without giving reference, answering himself with the many handles that he uses etc.. etc., then one should be weary of just letting him have a 'totally' free rein.
Totally agree, Combat... Since you were so restrained and described LMTU in a factual and objective way, let me add some subjective opinion - LMTU is a fucking moron. :drv:

тАЬsanookтАЭ the most hated person on the forum
By what measure? I can only recall three people who've had an issue with Combat - you (banned 20+ times), Undaunted (also banned 20+ times) and Newalaan (lovable lunatic).

No one has ever warned me to stop protecting my previous good name
Sorry but long before Combat or I came along, you killed any possibility of having a good name when you admitted to banging an underage prostitute and paying a bribe to avoid jail back in 2005: http://sawatdeeforum.yuku.com/topic/103 ... of-Consent (http://sawatdeeforum.yuku.com/topic/1030/SEX-SCAM-IN-SUNEE-See-Latest-Worlds-Ages-of-Consent) ... not to mention numerous other things you've done that've been made public.

August 17th, 2011, 00:05
Since you were so restrained and described LMTU in a factual and objective way, let me add some subjective opinion - LMTU is a fucking moron.

Thank you Beachlover one couldn't think of a more appropriate way of describing LMTU...

Thai Dyed
August 17th, 2011, 00:29
No one has ever warned me to stop protecting my previous good name
Sorry but long before Combat or I came along, you killed any possibility of having a good name when you admitted to banging an underage prostitute and paying a bribe to avoid jail back in 2005: http://sawatdeeforum.yuku.com/topic/103 ... of-Consent (http://sawatdeeforum.yuku.com/topic/1030/SEX-SCAM-IN-SUNEE-See-Latest-Worlds-Ages-of-Consent) ... not to mention numerous other things you've done that've been made public.

I thought mothersruin's story was a good warning to others, and that seems to have been his intention in writing it. And in any event, he was set up by a fucking miserable corrupt pig who is the genuine criminal of the story. I think mothersruin should be complimented for warning others about the incident. In fact, I like hearing about adventures like this instead of those of posters posing as latter day incarnations of Mother Theresa.
Beachlover, go "extract value" from that shit that constantly spews out of your mouth instead of boring us here with all your crap.