PDA

View Full Version : Cafe prices up

aot871
August 13th, 2011, 17:08
Once again , i cannot belive what i have heard, the cafe royale has once again increased its drink prices, a small bottle of beer is now costing 140bht. No wonder , on most evenings theres only 2 or 3 guys in there drinking. Is it a cartel in boystown now

jolyjacktar
August 13th, 2011, 18:47
Then do what i do and dont go near the place. I know they have entertainment in the bar every evening which has to be paid for,
but yes to pay ┬г3 for a small beer is a bit steep. But as you said this is why they get only a small customer base now in the nights. Hey ho.

August 13th, 2011, 19:03
.. Is it a cartel in boystown now

NOW?

:sign5:

paperboy
August 13th, 2011, 19:28
i went there, in may when i ws over, had a meal and some drinks
food was ok, drinks were ok
BUT as you have said
well over priced
i would have expected to pay that in center madrid.
also there was only 2 tables there all night while we were there
seemed a nice place but just managed wrong

gaymandenmark
August 13th, 2011, 19:39
Is this including a 10% service charge? :sign5:

And then some people says that Bangkok is expensive compared to Pattaya, when you in Silom Soi 4 can have a small beer for between 64-100 bht, house drink 75 bht and late happy hour house drink for 50 bht.

Go to DJ late disco with show, Heineken or Singh 100 bht, but also their thunderstorm drinks for 100 bht.

If it is correct with this prices at Royal, I would think that the cafe has turned itself into a go-go bar. :laughing3:

August 13th, 2011, 20:24
Hi,

I think I would have looked at alternatives!!.... especially during the current downturn such as how much trade the entertainment brings in, cutting costs in those areas and maybe coming up with a few special ongoing continuos promotions on certain brands to soften the blow without giving everything away, which you can't in business, however, you must remain competitive.

David is no fool, I can't see him raising prices and trying to get more out of less like the Thais try to do and fail. There may be more to this story, I would like to think so.

The only times you can charge what you want are (a) You have such a popular place, everyone is fighting to get in (b) You are offering something exclusive or unique. (c) You don't care about market forces and intend to do what you want, whatever the consequences. I can't see the latter being true or realistic,although I have seen it happen in the UK.

Anyways, just come off talking to my friend Shinya in japan, he has just informed me that going for a coffee is 400 yen, 1,200 baht! So.......................if you look at that point of view, jesus, I couldn't pay it, not in a million years could I.

bucknaway
August 13th, 2011, 21:50
They are separate from the Copa? If so, I have not been to LCR in years but I have been in the Copa often for the show.

August 13th, 2011, 22:04
For God's sake Kevin

400 Japanese yen is 155 Thai Baht

You had a business right??

aot871
August 13th, 2011, 22:57
i gather the price increase came from tom the hotel manager as the bar is running at a loss, no wonder with the amount of staff they have on , on some nights it must be about 3 or 4 to 1

stevehadders
August 13th, 2011, 23:44
its a real shame...love staying there, and am there in couple weeks time for 10 days, but each time I visit the place is more deserted

Beachlover
August 14th, 2011, 01:29
David is no fool, I can't see him raising prices and trying to get more out of less like the Thais try to do and fail. There may be more to this story, I would like to think so.
Maybe he's under pressure from the ugly woman to fix his prices higher...

August 14th, 2011, 01:38
For God's sake Kevin

400 Japanese yen is 155 Thai Baht

You had a business right??

I never even checked, I just reported his words straight back from GR, What's that a bollocking you were giving me????

By the way, be bloody nice, I have hurt my leg and ankle and am not in the mood for telling offs! lol

And yes, I had a nuimber of businesses, you expect me to check on every single comment passed, is this the Holy Grail? Thank you for informing me over my error!

August 14th, 2011, 01:52
13. Aug. 2011 - 19:56
I most certainly.............don't know! I'll google it.

The rumours are that it costs like $1,000,000 for a coffee over there, or is that all nonsense with it being very expensive in major cities? I know you have a high cost of living over there.

Kevin.
27. Shinkicker 13. Aug. 2011 - 20:13
...wait.not so expensive!lol Indeed it costs much more than Thailand but...coffee is like 400 yen;1,200 bahts:p

Shinya

OK, That's what I reported. Yes, stone Kevin for not checking!

stevehadders
August 14th, 2011, 03:08
you are one of the most interesting posters - when it comes to stoning you will be at the back of a v long queue

August 14th, 2011, 06:07
Too late, dear

August 15th, 2011, 10:26
i gather the price increase came from tom the hotel manager as the bar is running at a loss, no wonder with the amount of staff they have on , on some nights it must be about 3 or 4 to 1

Hi,

If that is true, it would be suicidal to do that move thus further alieanating potential customers.

The first thing to be looked at are expenses and outgoings. We already know the price of a bottle of beer at wholesale, and at 120 baht, it is still way way in front of the UK and other Countries on the profit margin!

Staffing levels, entertainment costs and promotional acivity need to be addressed to obtain profits not increasing prices in a falling market.

Staff need to be relocated to busier shifts or cut. If entertainment is not bringing them in, look at the start and finish times, if that doesn't work, cut it out of the budget because it means the entertainment you are providing is either not what people want or not sufficient to get them in or a big enough draw to be profitable.

August 15th, 2011, 12:25
I heard Miss Jason is preforming.

August 15th, 2011, 18:18
I heard Miss Jason is preforming.

Could be worse.

:bounce:

August 16th, 2011, 14:04
Response from Tom to me in a personal reply and nothing I feel can't be shared with this board.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. LCR beer prices are 140 baht and they have been at that price for over a year and there are no increases being planned.

Le Cafe Royale

325/102-5 Pattayaland Soi 3

South Pattaya, Chonburi

+66 38 423 515 (Outside Thailand )

038 423 515 (Within Thailand )

aot871
August 16th, 2011, 23:58
All i will say is that i was there for a drink on my last visit in march of this year and i was charged 130bht for a bottle of tiger