PDA

View Full Version : Australia: Gay government minister to have a baby

Beachlover
August 10th, 2011, 00:02
Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a baby with her partner... I think this is pretty cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Penny Wong and gay partner expecting baby
August 9, 2011 - 1:02PM

Federal Finance Minister Penny Wong and her gay partner are having a baby.

The senator released a statement today revealing her long-term partner Sophie Allouache was expected to give birth in December after falling pregnant through IVF.
"Like any expecting parents, the prospect of welcoming this child into our lives fills us both with joy," Senator Wong said.

"We are extremely grateful to our IVF service and staff, and to our donor, for giving us the opportunity to raise a child together."

The couple know the biological father who will be known to the child...

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/penny-wo ... 1ijzh.html (http://www.smh.com.au/national/penny-wong-and-gay-partner-expecting-baby-20110809-1ijzh.html)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thonglor55
August 10th, 2011, 14:12
So can we assume that she's out of the closet, unlike that other gay Asian Australian ... um, er ... Beachlover?

Marsilius
August 10th, 2011, 16:17
Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a partner with her partner...

So as well as having a baby they are into threesomes?

Brisboy82
August 15th, 2011, 03:42
It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple. Lesbians are way ahead of gay men in Australia. Hence why I often see lesbian couples kissing on public transport whereas I have never seen a gay male couple do the same here as to do so could potentially be suicide.

thonglor55
August 15th, 2011, 03:54
It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple.A pregnant gay man would certainly be a newsworthy story. However I've always thought that homosexuality was God's way of ensuring that really intelligent people aren't burdened with children, so there are all sorts of inferences that can be made about this story, including the most obvious one that lesbians aren't particularly intelligent.

Brisboy82
August 15th, 2011, 07:15
It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple.A pregnant gay man would certainly be a newsworthy story. However I've always thought that homosexuality was God's way of ensuring that really intelligent people aren't burdened with children, so there are all sorts of inferences that can be made about this story, including the most obvious one that lesbians aren't particularly intelligent.

Well when you put it that way...

thonglor55
August 15th, 2011, 09:15
I read that they are pillars of their local (mainstream) church so I think we can assume that they're not that intelligent. It's depressing that so many gay people want nothing more than to conform to the boring nuclear family stereotype, awake at 4am only because they're worried about the mortgage rather than just having arrived home from dancing in an assless pair of leather trousers.

Brisboy82
August 15th, 2011, 12:24
I read that they are pillars of their local (mainstream) church so I think we can assume that they're not that intelligent. It's depressing that so many gay people want nothing more than to conform to the boring nuclear family stereotype, awake at 4am only because they're worried about the mortgage rather than just having arrived home from dancing in an assless pair of leather trousers.
Indeed it's very disturbing to see gay couples trying to prove how 'normal' they are by trying to conform to hetero couple lifestyles. It's bad enough when straight people do it! We should all rise above that 1950s bullshit.

Beachlover
August 31st, 2011, 22:19
It's a shame this wouldn't be as celebrated if it was a gay male couple. Lesbians are way ahead of gay men in Australia. Hence why I often see lesbian couples kissing on public transport whereas I have never seen a gay male couple do the same here as to do so could potentially be suicide.
I don't know. But I'm really curious what the reaction would be if it was a gay male couple.

Indeed it's very disturbing to see gay couples trying to prove how 'normal' they are by trying to conform to hetero couple lifestyles. It's bad enough when straight people do it! We should all rise above that 1950s bullshit.
Interesting comment... Personally, I don't think gay couples who settle down and have kids are doing it to conform. I think they're doing it because there's a natural desire to do that. I know that's why I'll be doing it... I want to have a family and have kids. It's a natural part of our life cycle and gives more meaning to life.

One half of me is doing all this partying and have fun sleeping around now. The other half of me wants to settle down in a loving relationship with someone really special and build a future together. I think what happens is the first half will eventually be satisfied and the latter half will take over. :happy7:

Australian Federal Government Finance Minister, Penny Wong, who is openly gay is having a partner with her partner...
So as well as having a baby they are into threesomes?
Heh... yeah, thanks for the catch. Corrected now.

thonglor55
September 1st, 2011, 13:30
But I'm really curious what the reaction would be if it was a gay male couple.Not so curious that he's prepared to come out of his own closet, apparently. And what's this? Having kids is "natural" and that's what he wants to do? With a woman? Or with a man? He's one sick little boy, our Beachlover.

September 1st, 2011, 19:28
And what's this? Having kids is "natural" and that's what he wants to do? With a woman? Or with a man? He's one sick little boy, our Beachlover.

What is so unnatural and sick about wanting to have kids? There are many gay male couples who have had children using a surrogate mother, and then go on to raise them perfectly well.

thonglor55
September 2nd, 2011, 14:07
There are many gay male couples who have had children using a surrogate mother, and then go on to raise them perfectly well.They're so screwed up they believe that "normal" is the nuclear family and procreation.

September 2nd, 2011, 14:26
They're so screwed up they believe that "normal" is the nuclear family and procreation.

You don't wear a frock and live in the Vatican do you, no of course not, but...............

Beachlover
September 3rd, 2011, 00:24
And what's this? Having kids is "natural" and that's what he wants to do? With a woman? Or with a man? He's one sick little boy, our Beachlover.
What is so unnatural and sick about wanting to have kids? There are many gay male couples who have had children using a surrogate mother, and then go on to raise them perfectly well.
Totally true. But the terms "normal" and "sick" mean different things to different people.

Thonglor55 is probably an old life-long fuck up with little more than his next loveless prostitute to look forward to. No surprise why he might be sickened by the idea of young gay guys getting in stable, loving relationships with guys their own age and building a family with kids and a bright, fulfilling future... The very image of that will probably make his bitter, cunt of a corpse roll over in his coffin.

the1
September 3rd, 2011, 07:04
bitter, cunt of a corpse roll over in his coffin.

I honestly think YOU are the BITTER one.............serious anger problem!

Me thinks you are not a very happy person in real life!

thonglor55
September 3rd, 2011, 10:03
I honestly think YOU are the BITTER one.............serious anger problem! Me thinks you are not a very happy person in real life!No, no, you're completely wrong. Beachlover was a self-made millionaire at 15. All of his employees (many of whom are on a six figure salary) love him to bits and do not not titter behind their hands that their boss is still in the closet and spends 25% of his time on sex jaunts to Asia. Just ask him - he'll tell you .... or, you don't need to ask, he'll tell you anyway. Just don't mention railway toilets and homintern.

danny99
September 4th, 2011, 14:16
quote] However I've always thought that homosexuality was God's way of ensuring that really intelligent people aren't burdened with children,[/quote]

I don't know, I have been raising other people's children [as in boys] all my life. By mid teens the better ones have developed their own personality, are stifled at home where they cannot discuss anything with anybody and are ripe for an equal level relationship with a man experienced in all aspects of life.. a good time to meet them and become friends..

Straight boys [who at the same time are usually naturally horny and eager for sexual release as often as possible] and gay men can develop a long lasting 'friends' relationship that resembles 'family' in all ways except the fights, jealousies and squabbles. There are a few sad periods [1st serious girlfriend, moving in with g/f, and then marriage and trying not to cry at their wedding] but the instant lighting up of face upon sight and the sometimes glare from wife as if sensing that you know too much about huibby, makes up for all.

Brisboy82
September 5th, 2011, 09:44
I don't know, I have been raising other people's children [as in boys] all my life. By mid teens the better ones have developed their own personality, are stifled at home where they cannot discuss anything with anybody and are ripe for an equal level relationship with a man experienced in all aspects of life.. a good time to meet them and become friends..

Straight boys [who at the same time are usually naturally horny and eager for sexual release as often as possible] and gay men can develop a long lasting 'friends' relationship that resembles 'family' in all ways except the fights, jealousies and squabbles. There are a few sad periods [1st serious girlfriend, moving in with g/f, and then marriage and trying not to cry at their wedding] but the instant lighting up of face upon sight and the sometimes glare from wife as if sensing that you know too much about huibby, makes up for all.

I thought on this board we weren't allowed to discuss these kind of illegal activities such as what you are implying.