PDA

View Full Version : Gay places on the way to koh samui

August 8th, 2011, 17:40
Hello guys
I was wondering if there are any gay must-see places on the way from Bangkok to koh samui (I am travelling by bus or train) and on the way from chiang Mai to Bangkok (again by bus or train). Has anybody been on the same route and can suggest intermedite stops? Thanks guys

Bye

jinks
August 8th, 2011, 18:52
Why not surprise yourself and go to places on the way that are NOT gay.
Maybe, just maybe, you will enjoy be a tourist who might bump into a new friend who also, is not going to gay places.

Beachlover
August 8th, 2011, 20:12
from chiang Mai to Bangkok (again by bus or train).
I suggest going by overnight sleeper train (second class) and avoid the bus for this leg. I think the bus may be cheaper but it's less comfortable and generally accepted as being more dangerous than the train.

If you have to choose between going BKK-CM or CM-BKK I would suggest the BKK-CM direction and taking the train that arrives in Chiang Mai around 10am. In the morning, you get some really beautiful views of the lush, green countryside on the approach into Chiang Mai. Recommend second class, unless you're traveling with someone sexy and want your own cabin.

pong
August 9th, 2011, 18:51
none-if you stress the ''gay''ness. there are-a few, between BKk and CM, listed in even the smallest of any travelguidebook on Thailand: Sukhothai and Ayuttaya. And none really in the MUST listing between Bkk and the southern isles. Hua Hin is also just a beachtown.
Every smaller Thai provincial town can have its surprises and unexpected pleasures, even for gay persons, without really going looking for it-in fact not going out for it is likely the better way. But if you want the ''I'll have it now and on my way'' experience, then do not bother.
As has been told before, me too I wonder why people are so obsessed with this gay style-Thailad has so much more to offer.