PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever see Thailand again?

August 6th, 2011, 12:14
I think we're f*cked. America has just lost its AAA credit rating. I am still out of a full time job. I don't think I will ever be back in Thailand. I wonder how many other posters are in the same boat?

cdnmatt
August 6th, 2011, 12:35
Immigrate to Mexico, and get a better job.

Beachlover
August 6th, 2011, 17:57
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties in the States...

If you're a professional, move to Asia and offer your services somewhere with good rates and in need of talent. Say, Singapore or Hong Kong. Or move to Australia even. I don't see many people out of work here.

I realised that ironically, I made more overseas trips during the GFC year than I did in any other year. Mainly because for a large part of that year, there was f*ck all work to do here other than endlessly pitching for clients who had no money to spend. Not to mention dozens of competitors desperately lining up to offer their services at a discount.

God, I hope to f*ck that doesn't happen again...

August 6th, 2011, 18:06
Worked as a banker in Singapore for a number of years - do you think that will help?

Beachlover
August 6th, 2011, 18:21
It might. What area of banking?

Private banking is expanding rapidly Hong Kong and Singapore. You might find this interesting: http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/New ... emId-29666 (http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/News_ITEM/newsItemId-29666)

Thai Dyed
August 6th, 2011, 19:09
I think we're f*cked. America has just lost its AAA credit rating. I am still out of a full time job. I don't think I will ever be back in Thailand. I wonder how many other posters are in the same boat?

No! No! No! Curious, don't you remember what today is? You are about to be saved if you listen up.
Curious, you are in luck! Today is August 6th and it is about 7:00AM in Texas. Your Governor Rick Perry will host a rally of prayer and fasting for a тАЬnation in crisis.тАЭ Today! Perry has asked all the other 49 governors to join in and you should too. This is your answer. God will hear you and you will be saved! Listen to your leader!

Just pray to God to fix the economy so you can come back to Thailand.

[attachment=1:eur67k7q]Rick Perry to God.jpg[/attachment:eur67k7q] [attachment=0:eur67k7q]Gov. Perry prays to God.jpg[/attachment:eur67k7q]

August 7th, 2011, 04:49
It might. What area of banking?

Private banking is expanding rapidly Hong Kong and Singapore. You might find this interesting: http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/New ... emId-29666 (http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/News_ITEM/newsItemId-29666)Private banking. I've tried. They only want Asians.

bucknaway
August 7th, 2011, 06:17
I just hope that the Baht will not go lower than 29 per US Dollar before I can get my holiday in. :(

dab69
August 7th, 2011, 08:00
At least you're accustomed to the Texas heat.
Might be interesting reading on your reactions to being back.
Will the Texas locals ever be the same?

Thai Dyed
August 7th, 2011, 13:31
Curious,
I am sure your prayers have been answered. The PRAYERAPALOOZA led by your governor in Texas has ended after 7 hours of prayers for your job prospects. I think you are going to get a great job as the chief executive of enforcing the removal of impoverished families from their foreclosed homes, and as the executive in charge of inflating banks assets. You will have you own personal "robo signer".

Here are some great photo's. Are you in one of them Curious? Pray tell.

[attachment=4:3cof4dax]Gov. Perry prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=3:3cof4dax]Thai mother prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=2:3cof4dax]Young boys pray for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=1:3cof4dax]Bankers pray for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax][attachment=0:3cof4dax]Reverend Corda prays for Curious.jpg[/attachment:3cof4dax]

August 7th, 2011, 15:43
In the third pic there's a Latino on the right in a white t-shirt and behind him a guy in a mustard t-shirt and then behind him another guy in a white t-shirt. That could be me - except I wasn't there. Sorry.

ikarus
August 7th, 2011, 20:20
Did you consider to move to Thailand perhaps with teaching job? Obamerika is finished... On the contrary with a new probusiness government in Thailand there is at least a chance of rapid economic growth...

August 7th, 2011, 23:27
Don't worry about the US losing its AAA rating - Japan lost theirs ages ago (I think they're down to AA- now) - but they are still borrowing cash for half the rate of the US despite having a public debt that's nearly four times greater (in % GDP terms) that of the USA - not to mention a fat budget deficit that won't go away, and an aging and shrinking population..

Why not set up a business in Thailand? - the budget is almost balanced (unlike virtually every other country in the world) there's good growth and public debt in GDP terms is just 42% and falling..

The Japanese have a soft spot for Thailand, and it can't be lost on the wealthier Japanese that their home economy is a time bomb - especially now that China is starting to export quality engineering and electronic products that directly compete with theirs..

If you know the banking game, why not set up an investment consultancy to put Japanese wealth to work in Thailand?