PDA

View Full Version : It's all beyond my ken...

James Barnes
August 5th, 2011, 14:01
I have to first be clear, though not a thorough Luddite, I do admit that levers and pulleys make more sense to me than bits and bytes.

The internet and all its wonders remain a complete mystery to me, even though I cannot imagine life without it. My job would seem impossible, remembering that when I first started out as a writer, prints ran off hot metal and manuscripts were typed on an Olivetti and sent parcel post to nicotine stained editors who were soaked in single malt whisky.

Busyness normally overrides my wonder at all the progress but I had some news yesterday that has caused me to stop and sniff the digital roses. The latest Google analytics report on traffic to www.out-in-thailand.com (http://www.out-in-thailand.com) shows that the online version of the magazine was downloaded in 93 countries last month. I have no idea how this has happened. I can only express my deep and sincere thanks to our growing number of loyal readers and the vital support of our advertisers.

Thank you and best wishes,

James.

jinks
August 5th, 2011, 15:03
And when our oh so regular posters make the usual stupid comments we can all say ITMA.

Well beyond our Ken.

August 5th, 2011, 15:07
And when our oh so regular posters make the usual stupid comments we can all say ITMA.

Well beyond our Ken.

Evidently, my recent references to Joe Orton have pushed jinks into a 1940-60s time warp.

:occasion9:

James Barnes
August 5th, 2011, 15:56
That crazy gang of goons? Just a minute, I'm sorry I haven't a cluedo, sorry I'll read that again, clue.

August 5th, 2011, 16:41
That crazy gang of goons? Just a minute, I'm sorry I haven't a cluedo, sorry I'll read that again, clue.
Oh no missus, no.... don't...don't titter...no..don't mock Francis, no...i have an affliction
[attachment=0:i1muzkdn]TitterYeNot.jpg[/attachment:i1muzkdn]

James Barnes
August 5th, 2011, 16:42
Dear Francis... what a great picture!