PDA

View Full Version : Happy Place: Customers flock to dynamic new bar

Beachlover
August 4th, 2011, 22:22
Happy Place Bar is featured in the current edition of Out In Thailand Magazine. Go Unkie!

Yes, OUTiT did give written permission to reproduce this article in full on SGT (thanks).

To read the rest of the magazine online, go to http://www.out-in-thailand.com. You need to sign up (it's free) with your e-mail address to see it.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/beachloversphotos/Misc%20Posts/Out%20In%20Thailand/P1.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/beachloversphotos/Misc%20Posts/Out%20In%20Thailand/P2.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/beachloversphotos/Misc%20Posts/Out%20In%20Thailand/P3.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/beachloversphotos/Misc%20Posts/Out%20In%20Thailand/P4.jpg

To read the rest of the magazine online, go to http://www.out-in-thailand.com. You need to sign up (it's free) with your e-mail address to see it.

August 4th, 2011, 23:34
God loves a trier Unkie and you certainly get full marks for all your efforts especially considering the health battle you are constantly fighting as well so good luck with it all.

Marsilius
August 5th, 2011, 11:58
Yes, well done to the bar... But less so for the magazine. I've decided not to register for Out in Thailand if the best it can do is to print uncritical PR puffs like that one. It makes the Pattaya Mail's Miss Terry Diner's scribblings look positively objective.

August 5th, 2011, 13:25
Yes, well done to the bar... But less so for the magazine. I've decided not to register for Out in Thailand if the best it can do is to print uncritical PR puffs like that one. It makes the Pattaya Mail's Miss Terry Diner's scribblings look positively objective.

I would like to see Out in Thailand publish a similar expos├й on the customers that frequent gogo bars from the point of view of the boys that work there.
No holds barred interviews with the boys about what they had to endure (and from whom) to get their paltry 1000 Baht.
Name and shame those dirty old men тАж and publish photos of these cheapskate scumbags.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

August 5th, 2011, 15:14
Roger, they are still dirty old men whether they pay 1000B or 2000B - you are only haggling over the price dear.

[attachment=0:1pg8x6jh]Dirty_Old_Man_.jpg[/attachment:1pg8x6jh]

August 5th, 2011, 15:17
Well Roger, you need to go to their website and send in the commennts area and I am sure they may consider it.

Marsilius, you cannot fault a magazine in trying to find the good in a prospective advertiser. Magazines are out there to make money and I am sure that OUT is not alone. All Newspapers and magazines both straight and gay look at all the good things to write about or their slant on the issue when courting new and prospective advertisers. Happy Place speds alot in advertising and I say great job for OUT! to cover our one year anniversary and talk about what a great party it was. It was a great party. What other bar gave away top shelf bottles like JW Gold and champagne or had LOBSTER, STUFFED CRAB AND RED SNAPPER on a buffet line?? And I think M and I have done a wonderful job at trying to get people to flock to the bar, but then again, that's my slant on what I believe. :hello2:

August 6th, 2011, 03:49
Not to mention the 30,000 a month your paying them of course?

August 6th, 2011, 03:52
Well Roger, you need to go to their website and send in the commennts area and I am sure they may consider it.

Marsilius, you cannot fault a magazine in trying to find the good in a prospective advertiser. Magazines are out there to make money and I am sure that OUT is not alone. All Newspapers and magazines both straight and gay look at all the good things to write about or their slant on the issue when courting new and prospective advertisers. Happy Place speds alot in advertising and I say great job for OUT! to cover our one year anniversary and talk about what a great party it was. It was a great party. What other bar gave away top shelf bottles like JW Gold and champagne or had LOBSTER, STUFFED CRAB AND RED SNAPPER on a buffet line?? And I think M and I have done a wonderful job at trying to get people to flock to the bar, but then again, that's my slant on what I believe. :hello2:

What other bar gave away top shelf bottles like JW Gold and champagne or had LOBSTER, STUFFED CRAB AND RED SNAPPER on a buffet line
Only a fucking idiot like you?

Marsha-old
August 6th, 2011, 06:15
Just when you thought she disappeared it comes out of it's shell, talk about sour grapes. Its his money and he can spend it how he feels. He earned it he can spend it.
He doesn't have to burn people to death or frame them to earn his income. So let's leave it like that.

August 6th, 2011, 09:27
Just when you thought she disappeared it comes out of it's shell, talk about sour grapes. Its his money and he can spend it how he feels. He earned it he can spend it.
He doesn't have to burn people to death or frame them to earn his income. So let's leave it like that.

Marigar,

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

:alc: :alc: :alc: :alc:

:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

dab69
August 6th, 2011, 10:19
Typical LBTU hype

August 6th, 2011, 12:16

Marigar, she is just angry because now that she doesnt have partners to rip off, she really needs to cut expenses.
Madame? Did we wake up cranky?

August 6th, 2011, 13:44

I love it :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Unkie you do as you think fit, and if it riles you know who then that's even better just don't accept any BBQ invites.... :occasion9:

Marsha-old
August 6th, 2011, 14:44
Maybe she was just upset as she could not balance last nights take as the bar had 3 customers and you know she only hade 2 hands to count with. More busy than usual. She gets so confused these days.

August 6th, 2011, 14:59
Maybe she was just upset as she could not balance last nights take as the bar had 3 customers and you know she only hade 2 hands to count with. More busy than usual. She gets so confused these days.

What goes around comes around Marigar, at least we can all hope that it eventually does,,,,

August 6th, 2011, 15:09
What an appropriate name she chose......Devil's Advocate. :dontknow:
Dont worry dear, I still love ya. I am sure I will go first but I will save a room with a corner view down there for ya. :hello1:

August 6th, 2011, 15:31
What an appropriate name she chose......Devil's Advocate. :dontknow:
Dont worry dear, I still love ya. I am sure I will go first but I will save a room with a corner view down there for ya. :hello1:

A BBQ all to herself lovely.

Beachlover
August 6th, 2011, 16:55
Yes, well done to the bar... But less so for the magazine. I've decided not to register for Out in Thailand if the best it can do is to print uncritical PR puffs like that one.
I agree with you that it is, to an extent, a bit of a PR fluff.

But what do you expect from a magazine like Out In Thailand?

It's a C grade publication targeted at the commercial sex segment of gay Thailand. It's there to serve as a monthly guide and carry adverts targeting this segment. I don't mean this in a harsh way... just pointing out the reality of what it is.

It's not a high-profile publication with professional journalists who have been briefed to be unbiased and get to the bottom of the truth and all. I think it's possible OutIT doesn't even pay its writers... people just contribute on an unpaid basis.

I think the magazine has improved from the earlier editions.

The quality of the writing and editing is still lacking. When you open up an article, you should be able to tell what it's about immediately. But with most of the articles, the headlines and intros are so vague and ambigious, you spend a few moments wondering what the f*** it's talking about.

The typesetting and layout is also inhibiting and unprofessional. There should be a focus on making the content, text and images the focus of the page. In this article, people want to see nice bright photos of the event, not funny lettering and white space. But the second photo has been cut off in an awkward way and there is nothing on the last two pages. Text is laid out in an awkward way too.

I would like to see Out in Thailand publish a similar expos├й on the customers that frequent gogo bars from the point of view of the boys that work there.
No holds barred interviews with the boys about what they had to endure (and from whom) to get their paltry 1000 Baht.
Name and shame those dirty old men тАж and publish photos of these cheapskate scumbags.
Heh... totally agree! But that would go down like a lead balloon.

August 7th, 2011, 10:37
justme,

I think, and it seems the customers love it too. you're doing a great job in the face of much venomous opposition and you are certainly kicking a few arses on the go go scene. I wish you all the luck in the World with the venture.

A few people will be waiting to see what rabbits you pull out of the hat over this years festive period.

Keep on doing what you're doing

August 7th, 2011, 15:27
The next ideas are starting to be built as of Monday and will take about 2 weeks. Lots of fun. Watch SGF when they are ready and get delivered.
The next Big Banana contest has been changed a little to tweek everyones enjoyment. We may switch back and forth to gove variety.The only hints that I will give you were that these new ideas were a take off from ideas that Bucknaway started with. The Big Banana Contest was the brainstorm of another SGF member but who has not chosen to be identified and take credit.

Happy Place in MY opinion is a great place to come, relax and have fun! Soon to be even more enjoyable!

Beachlover
August 8th, 2011, 00:01
Guys, I know some of you are convinced Devils Advocate is a certain ugly woman in a frock, but it could just as easily (and probably more likely) just be LMTU/Mothersruin playing games and stirring up shit.

LMTU/Mothersruin is known for doing this. He has, on many occasions, registered multiple handles and pretended to be someone else to stir up shit or say things for or against a business, which he doesn't want to be seen doing himself. He also has a history of licking the arses of Boyztown businesses and owners.

Either way, it doesn't matter for now as it provides a nice opportunity to slag off the ugly woman. :hello1:

the1
August 8th, 2011, 00:11
pretended to be someone else

Hmmmm.........and someone still pretends to be someone they are not, don't they beach?

:rolling:

August 12th, 2011, 03:54
Really, where you in there last night Marsha?

August 12th, 2011, 10:17
Really, where you in there last night Marsha?

Hi,

Well the ' guess who is who ' is really flying today, eh?

How's the plastic? and I don't mean the credit cards that you rip off!.................. :laughing3: :laughing3:

Marsha-old
August 12th, 2011, 14:25
You little devil. I love it. Keep trying dear, your find out soon enough.
:glasses7: